Most cherished Con Pop

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Funkorot

Re: Most cherished Con Pop

Postby Funkorot » Wed May 01, 2024 9:59 am

Chuckles00012 wrote:
Funkorot wrote:
Chuckles00012 wrote:
I love the Conan pops. I have the Spider-Man one signed by Conan.

Are you able to share a picture, would be dope to see.

I will have to pull it out. I moved and it is not displayed right now. I will try to take a pic and post it soon.

No problem, sounds good.

Mayo

Postby Mayo » Wed May 01, 2024 10:23 am

Rcmal1 wrote:
Prime_Pops wrote:
Mayo wrote:

I wonder if you could set up one of those camping air mattresses. That would help an overnight a lot.

That would be interesting. You could be the start of a trend.

People have absolutely used them in the past. Now they do a wristband system so not as many people stay overnight anymore, they just come back the next day.

I would welcome that lol. There's no way I'd be able to sleep in a convention queue area even under ideal circumstances. I remember Star Wars Celebration 2017, the overnight lines were just settling down around midnight and the organizers brought in a DJ to liven stuff up, lmao.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed May 01, 2024 10:24 am

Swatrob wrote:I had to get rid of quite a few items a while back and I was really bummed. My Hannibal from the tv show is one of the coolest ones I’ve got left. My Freddy Ted Lasso from Fundays last year is my favorite Pop I own at this point.

That SDCC Hannibal is a sweet bloody one!

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Wed May 01, 2024 10:48 am

Mayo wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Prime_Pops wrote:

People have absolutely used them in the past. Now they do a wristband system so not as many people stay overnight anymore, they just come back the next day.

I would welcome that lol. There's no way I'd be able to sleep in a convention queue area even under ideal circumstances. I remember Star Wars Celebration 2017, the overnight lines were just settling down around midnight and the organizers brought in a DJ to liven stuff up, lmao.

I slept in line overnight one time for D23 many years ago. Don't think I would ever be able to do that again. I heard about Star Wars Celebration 2017. Were you there? I heard the DJ was blasting music for several hours!

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Wed May 01, 2024 11:15 am

rexflexall wrote:
Swatrob wrote:I had to get rid of quite a few items a while back and I was really bummed. My Hannibal from the tv show is one of the coolest ones I’ve got left. My Freddy Ted Lasso from Fundays last year is my favorite Pop I own at this point.

That SDCC Hannibal is a sweet bloody one!

It’s pretty cool. I had run into Bryan Fuller the show creator right before I picked it up. I had tried to find him again to get an autograph but I couldn’t find him.
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

Rick_Morty46

Postby Rick_Morty46 » Wed May 01, 2024 6:25 pm

My favorite pop was the invisible one from wondercon 2024. The shop was also invisible which made it one of the hardest ones to score. But seriously my favorite was sdcc breaking bad Walter White.

Rick_Morty46

Postby Rick_Morty46 » Wed May 01, 2024 6:31 pm

Mayo wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Prime_Pops wrote:

I did that for d23, would have worked better if I had a battery pump, but it was a plug in so I had to drag it back and forth. Then the last d23 made it almost impossible with bag checks and no pillows allowed.

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Wed May 01, 2024 7:13 pm

SDCC 2022 Hall H Shang-Chi. That Funko Hall H panel was legendary. Simu Liu, Rosario Dawson, and William Zabka as guests...are you kidding me? Great memories, for sure.

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Thu May 02, 2024 9:00 am

mattytreks wrote:SDCC 2022 Hall H Shang-Chi. That Funko Hall H panel was legendary. Simu Liu, Rosario Dawson, and William Zabka as guests...are you kidding me? Great memories, for sure.

It was an awesome panel and an amazing way to end the Convention!

Mayo

Postby Mayo » Thu May 02, 2024 9:52 am

Rick_Morty46 wrote:
Mayo wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

I did that for d23, would have worked better if I had a battery pump, but it was a plug in so I had to drag it back and forth. Then the last d23 made it almost impossible with bag checks and no pillows allowed.

Oh damn they were checking for inflatables?! I always assumed those bag checks were just for weapons. The one I have (that's never been used IRL) is manual inflation so I'd be huffing and puffing for a while lol.

Mayo

Postby Mayo » Thu May 02, 2024 9:54 am

Lakerfan75 wrote:
Mayo wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

I slept in line overnight one time for D23 many years ago. Don't think I would ever be able to do that again. I heard about Star Wars Celebration 2017. Were you there? I heard the DJ was blasting music for several hours!

I was at that Celebration but not in that overnight line. Coming from Anaheim 2015, we didn't have any issue getting into stuff lining up a few hours early. Orlando was a whole other beast. People went all nuts for queuing. I talked to one guy Friday morning who was trying to get into the Last Jedi panel. He got in line at 5pm the day before and didn't even make it into the main room. Insanity!

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Thu May 02, 2024 10:04 am

SDCC 2015 Boushh Princess Leia…it was my first time at San Diego Comic Con, I only knew one or two people from the board and I was literally second to last on the line for the booth that morning. I waited close to two and a half hours on the line and they ran out of a lot of things I was trying to get but it’s one of my favorites because it’s the first time I got through the booth and I met a few people in that line that I’m still friends with today

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu May 02, 2024 10:34 am

mattytreks wrote:SDCC 2022 Hall H Shang-Chi. That Funko Hall H panel was legendary. Simu Liu, Rosario Dawson, and William Zabka as guests...are you kidding me? Great memories, for sure.

That is an awesome Pop!

Suprmike6

Postby Suprmike6 » Thu May 02, 2024 11:05 am

I love my Hall H Freddy, just because I was there and we all hoped we'd get something but no one knew for sure.

I still kick myself for not getting into the Bryan Fuller Pop! signing at SDCC many years ago. I have multiple alerts set up on resale sites just in case someone decided to sell him.

STARLORD_84

Postby STARLORD_84 » Thu May 02, 2024 11:12 am

Man...my first SDCC was last year and I really wanted the Con Sticker Transformers 2 Pack. I came away with Flocked Tony and the Captain America which is not bad.

I got him after market better part of 6 years ago, but Avengers Loki without question is my top SDCC. He is the Crown jewel of my collection

funkoldblooded

Postby funkoldblooded » Thu May 02, 2024 11:14 am

My most cherished is my Nejire Hado . It’s unfortunate she got replicated so many times , but it’s nice knowing I own a legit one

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Thu May 02, 2024 11:30 am

Mines has to be grand Master yoda freddy from sdcc. Absolutely no competition

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Thu May 02, 2024 11:30 am

Thats so legendary. Great pop

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu May 02, 2024 11:34 am

This is a tough one as I have so many from all the cons. But I think for me it will have to be the freddy as vault boy from fundays 2016. I really cherish all the pops from fundays 2016, but if I had to pick one its vault boy because I loved fallout 2016. This was my first fundays with my wife. It is really what drew me all the way into Funko such that I have met some amazing other funatics through funko collecting. I started collecting christmas 2014 thanks to the wife getting me a lootcrate box that had a funko pop. 2015 comic con is when I went and got stuff at a pop Asia offsite. Fundays 2016 was my full dive into the deep end.
Collecting since 2014

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Thu May 02, 2024 11:58 am

Suprmike6 wrote:I love my Hall H Freddy, just because I was there and we all hoped we'd get something but no one knew for sure.

I still kick myself for not getting into the Bryan Fuller Pop! signing at SDCC many years ago. I have multiple alerts set up on resale sites just in case someone decided to sell him.

Hall H Freddy sits on my desk at work. He is up there with my favorite Pops because it combines all of what is cool about SDCC.

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Thu May 02, 2024 12:59 pm

Wish I could’ve made it, 3 of my favorite characters :(
Instagram- calebshiny

OG SLUMPURT

Postby OG SLUMPURT » Thu May 02, 2024 5:43 pm

dolphinax2 wrote:
OG SLUMPURT wrote:My most Cherished con pop is Shadow Illidan from 2013. WoW gives me too much nostalgia

I’m pretty sure but not positive that my son has that pop. That was when he was heavy into WOW / Blizzard

Wow! Lucky him! That game literally sucked 5 years out of my life. I did nothing but play that game. lol
OG SLUMPURT
:freddy2:

nerdgirlbritt

Postby nerdgirlbritt » Thu May 02, 2024 6:05 pm

This is epic. I absolutely adored that movie.

nerdgirlbritt

Postby nerdgirlbritt » Thu May 02, 2024 6:06 pm

questkid32 wrote:Mine is Freddy as Yoda. I always try to get one SDCC (or Fundays) exclusive Star Wars pop each year to commemorate my attendance of SDCC for that year. This year will be 10. :)

I love this mission so much. I have been attending SDCC for a while now and I love the idea of adding a traditional type purchase.

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 pm

OG SLUMPURT wrote:
dolphinax2 wrote:
OG SLUMPURT wrote:My most Cherished con pop is Shadow Illidan from 2013. WoW gives me too much nostalgia

I’m pretty sure but not positive that my son has that pop. That was when he was heavy into WOW / Blizzard

Wow! Lucky him! That game literally sucked 5 years out of my life. I did nothing but play that game. lol

Yeah he started playing that when he was in middle school lol
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

funkoldblooded

Postby funkoldblooded » Thu May 02, 2024 7:27 pm

Pop looks so nice , that must’ve been a fun one

OG SLUMPURT

Postby OG SLUMPURT » Thu May 02, 2024 7:56 pm

funkoldblooded wrote:

I was there too! it was amazing and underrated! I got Shang Chi also!
OG SLUMPURT
:freddy2:

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Thu May 02, 2024 8:04 pm

OG SLUMPURT wrote:
funkoldblooded wrote:

I was there too! it was amazing and underrated! I got Shang Chi also!

Awww con twinsies

Rick_Morty46

Postby Rick_Morty46 » Sat May 04, 2024 2:49 am

Mayo wrote:
Rick_Morty46 wrote:
Mayo wrote:

Oh damn they were checking for inflatables?! I always assumed those bag checks were just for weapons. The one I have (that's never been used IRL) is manual inflation so I'd be huffing and puffing for a while lol.

They were looking for everything. You wounding believe how many pillows were left for garbage, at least 50. It would be to much effort to go all the way back to the car and get back in line so we just tossed them. I think a bike pump would work, it would just take a while. But since no inflatables were allowed, it had to be covered with a large blanket. Alot of people started using that weird nylon bag that you hold open and spin around trying to collect air in it and then it looks like a canoe.

Jarrieta13

Postby Jarrieta13 » Sat May 04, 2024 11:50 am

I would say whis metallic from SDCC since thats what my girlfriend at the time got me! She's now wife!

Elewitt2022

Postby Elewitt2022 » Sat May 04, 2024 12:58 pm

That Final Hall H funko panel was so much fun and a surprise for me.

I wasn't supposed to be there that late on Sunday, but our flights were cancelled, so we had the entire day to hang around SDCC and got to enjoy the first Funko Panel at Hall H!

Great memories!
Instagram: @suplexrd

:freddy3:

Cheesemango

Postby Cheesemango » Sat May 04, 2024 10:14 pm

Freddy as Red Power Ranger is my most cherished. I was able to snag a freddy as black ranger after sdcc too.

Suprmike6

Postby Suprmike6 » Sun May 05, 2024 1:22 am

Adding another to the list, but it's not a Con I actually went to. A few years ago I was at WonderCon and saw a Back To The Future Marty McFly Canadian Expo exclusive Pop!. It's him playing the guitar from the Enchantment Under The Sea Dance. I saw it at a booth but thought I'd check online first before buying it. At lunch I decided to search OfferUp and found one for sale. I messaged the guy, and it turns out he was actually at WonderCon that weekend too. He brought it the next day and we met up. It's one of my favorite Pop!'s ever

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Sun May 05, 2024 1:44 am

Would have to be the 2010 Batman sdcc got it off a ninja turtles 4 pack trade, absolutely got it for a steal especially with the history behind it

Mayo

Postby Mayo » Tue May 07, 2024 7:55 am

Rick_Morty46 wrote:
Mayo wrote:
Rick_Morty46 wrote:

They were looking for everything. You wounding believe how many pillows were left for garbage, at least 50. It would be to much effort to go all the way back to the car and get back in line so we just tossed them. I think a bike pump would work, it would just take a while. But since no inflatables were allowed, it had to be covered with a large blanket. Alot of people started using that weird nylon bag that you hold open and spin around trying to collect air in it and then it looks like a canoe.

Ha I can picture the exact one. Weird that inflatables would be banned. Must be a space issue? Can't pack as many people in if everyone is taking up the space of an air mattress.

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Tue May 07, 2024 8:04 am

Mayo wrote:
Rick_Morty46 wrote:
Mayo wrote:

Ha I can picture the exact one. Weird that inflatables would be banned. Must be a space issue? Can't pack as many people in if everyone is taking up the space of an air mattress.

That and safety i can see why. Thos air bags are actually better

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Tue May 07, 2024 12:04 pm

I think might would have to be the Lincoln as Reaper from The 100. My wife and I were able to meet him at ECCC years ago and got that popped signed. He was one of the nicest-sweetest actors we have ever met and is one of the most memorable moments we have ever had with a celebrity. On a side note, John Barrowman is also really sweet and one of the nicest celebrities to meet.
Image Image

"We come to this place for magic. We come to funkofunatic.com to laugh, to cry, to care. Because we need that, all of us."

Board name origin - I was an emo singer and guitarist; I'm not trying to sound mean lol

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Tue May 07, 2024 12:23 pm

I was fortunate enough to get one of these from the Hall H goodie box as well! The panel was a perfect way to end the convention.

Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Tue May 07, 2024 2:10 pm

Oatmealman wrote:

I was fortunate enough to get one of these from the Hall H goodie box as well! The panel was a perfect way to end the convention.

I was really bummed when they didnt have a panel last year.

stucho2090

Postby stucho2090 » Tue May 07, 2024 8:40 pm

My most cherished Con Pop would be the one I got at Funday 2023 (which might not be a Con pop but since I got it at SDCC Funday, I am going to count it).

I been wishing and praying for a Freddy Funko as Captain America and not only did I get ONE but TWO of them. Now I need to have a Freddy Funko as Winter Solider next.

Return to “Pop!”