Wolverine’s 50th Anniversary Pops!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: Wolverine’s 50th Anniversary Pops!

Postby Jezter » Thu May 09, 2024 7:33 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
binarykaos wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:Finally another Sabertooth and he’s not a bobble head. :smt031

Legit excited for this one!

Same here and I was quite surprised TBH

I must have missed something, what do you mean it's not a bobblehead? I don't recall seeing that confirmed anywhere...but maybe I missed it. lol
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 750ish
Dorbz: 35
Mystery Minis: 33
Sodas: 7
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu May 09, 2024 7:41 am

Jezter wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
binarykaos wrote:
Legit excited for this one!

I must have missed something, what do you mean it's not a bobblehead? I don't recall seeing that confirmed anywhere...but maybe I missed it. lol

You can clearly see it’s NOT a Bobble Head. :smt031
Image Image
ImageImage

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Thu May 09, 2024 8:05 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Jezter wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Hmmm, pretty sure just about every and all Marvel pops are bobbles, even little tiny pocket pops. I don't think we can trust that image as proof it's not a bobblehead. I would be pretty surprised it wasn't.

Pops!- 750ish

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu May 09, 2024 8:53 am

Jezter wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Jezter wrote:

Hmmm, pretty sure just about every and all Marvel pops are bobbles, even little tiny pocket pops. I don't think we can trust that image as proof it's not a bobblehead. I would be pretty surprised it wasn't.

There’s plenty of images but I see your point.
Image Image
ImageImage

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Thu May 09, 2024 12:36 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Jezter wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

The Funko shop says they are "vinyl bobbleheads" so I'm going to assume he is, even if he doesn't look like it in the pic.

I do wish the Marvel pops were never bobbleheads though, makes some of the skinny ones fall over if they are even slightly off balance, kind of a bummer.

Pops!- 750ish

Mayo

Postby Mayo » Thu May 09, 2024 1:18 pm

Grogu wrote:
Mayo wrote:
kingssd3 wrote:I wonder if they'll do any new sets now that 97 is out

97 is on my backlog so I'm sure I'll be clamoring for that when I finally finish it!

I think they absolutely should with the popularity of 97.

They'd be fools not to. I believe Marvel Snap already added skins/art for 97.

Grogu

Postby Grogu » Thu May 09, 2024 1:25 pm

Mayo wrote:
Grogu wrote:
Mayo wrote:

97 is on my backlog so I'm sure I'll be clamoring for that when I finally finish it!

Well if that's the case then this needs to happen. I hope 97 brings on a resurgence of some 90's cartoons.
SDCC: 2010 - 2023
Wondercon: 2016 - 2023

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Thu May 09, 2024 1:31 pm

Grogu wrote:
Mayo wrote:
Grogu wrote:

Well if that's the case then this needs to happen. I hope 97 brings on a resurgence of some 90's cartoons.

Hopefully! [-o<
:freddy1:

BikerGeek

Postby BikerGeek » Thu May 09, 2024 6:07 pm

Grogu wrote:
Mayo wrote:
Grogu wrote:

Some Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends leading to new Pops of those...*that'd* be cool!

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu May 09, 2024 7:22 pm

Jezter wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Jezter wrote:

The Funko shop says they are "vinyl bobbleheads" so I'm going to assume he is, even if he doesn't look like it in the pic.

I do wish the Marvel pops were never bobbleheads though, makes some of the skinny ones fall over if they are even slightly off balance, kind of a bummer.

I totally agree with you there.
Image Image
ImageImage

Grogu

Postby Grogu » Thu May 09, 2024 7:51 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Jezter wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

That must have been one of those oversights that tends to happen and it's disappointing to hear that they do that. What would you say the percentage is of those that fall over due to design?

binarykaos

Postby binarykaos » Thu May 09, 2024 8:43 pm

jibcollect wrote:
BikerGeek wrote:That one w/the adamantium being ripped out...make that w/a Magneto 2pack...dang

This^^^^^^^

I second this as well!

Cchavez77

Postby Cchavez77 » Thu May 09, 2024 9:04 pm

binarykaos wrote:
jibcollect wrote:
BikerGeek wrote:That one w/the adamantium being ripped out...make that w/a Magneto 2pack...dang

This^^^^^^^

I second this as well!

Yess!!!!! Need this!!
Funko Hollywood Grand opening
Funko Fundays 18-19
Sdcc 07-08, 18-19

BikerGeek

Postby BikerGeek » Thu May 09, 2024 9:54 pm

Cchavez77 wrote:
binarykaos wrote:
jibcollect wrote:
This^^^^^^^

I second this as well!

Yess!!!!! Need this!!

Mebbe Funko'll pay attention to here and do it :D

jibcollect

Postby jibcollect » Thu May 09, 2024 10:12 pm

BikerGeek wrote:
Cchavez77 wrote:
binarykaos wrote:
I second this as well!

Yess!!!!! Need this!!

You never know!

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Thu May 09, 2024 10:17 pm

Grogu wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Jezter wrote:

That must have been one of those oversights that tends to happen and it's disappointing to hear that they do that. What would you say the percentage is of those that fall over due to design?

Not sure I could calculate percentages, but I do have quite a few Marvel females with the skinny bodies and/or skinny ankles/feet that end up leaning because of their big heads. I'm guessing the center of gravity with the heads on a spring aren't quite right so they end up leaning and falling. Not only the females though, a lot of the dudes with big heads or big hair too, lol.

Unfortunately, as an OOB displayer, I do have to say I have a lot of non bobblehead pops that have leaned and fallen over, even after warming the legs and setting them straight again. Even without the spring some of them just naturally lean a bit, just enough for the center of gravity to go forward or back and over they go after a day or two of fixing. Nature of the beast if you want to display OOB, but sadly some of my displays have various characters laying down. ](*,)

Pops!- 750ish

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu May 09, 2024 11:07 pm

Grogu wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Jezter wrote:

40%
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu May 09, 2024 11:09 pm

Jezter wrote:
Grogu wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Not sure I could calculate percentages, but I do have quite a few Marvel females with the skinny bodies and/or skinny ankles/feet that end up leaning because of their big heads. I'm guessing the center of gravity with the heads on a spring aren't quite right so they end up leaning and falling. Not only the females though, a lot of the dudes with big heads or big hair too, lol.

Unfortunately, as an OOB displayer, I do have to say I have a lot of non bobblehead pops that have leaned and fallen over, even after warming the legs and setting them straight again. Even without the spring some of them just naturally lean a bit, just enough for the center of gravity to go forward or back and over they go after a day or two of fixing. Nature of the beast if you want to display OOB, but sadly some of my displays have various characters laying down. ](*,)

I’m a OOB displayer myself. I never have an issue.
Image Image
ImageImage

ItsJuhtin

Postby ItsJuhtin » Thu May 09, 2024 11:17 pm

movie got be fuego

Grogu

Postby Grogu » Fri May 10, 2024 1:08 pm

Jezter wrote:
Grogu wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I know of some OOB displayers that use a bit of modeling clay on the bottom of the feet, but that really depends on if you are displaying on top of the box like some people do.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Fri May 10, 2024 5:01 pm

Grogu wrote:
Jezter wrote:
Grogu wrote:

I know of some OOB displayers that use a bit of modeling clay on the bottom of the feet, but that really depends on if you are displaying on top of the box like some people do.

I've used quake putty and other means to keep the pops in place, unfortunately that doesn't do anything to stop them from leaning over. :(

Pops!- 750ish

BikerGeek

Postby BikerGeek » Fri May 10, 2024 7:55 pm

Jezter wrote:
Grogu wrote:
Jezter wrote:

I've used quake putty and other means to keep the pops in place, unfortunately that doesn't do anything to stop them from leaning over. :(

Are there aftermarket stands, ala Marvel Legends figures, to help out w/this, when displaying OOB?

Cchavez77

Postby Cchavez77 » Fri May 17, 2024 7:46 pm

jibcollect wrote:
BikerGeek wrote:
Cchavez77 wrote:
Yess!!!!! Need this!!

You never know!

Fingers crossed!
Funko Hollywood Grand opening
Funko Fundays 18-19
Sdcc 07-08, 18-19

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Fri May 17, 2024 8:04 pm

Fingers crossed and prayers to the funko gods lol

biedermann15

Postby biedermann15 » Fri May 17, 2024 11:35 pm

These are super clean. I need them all.

MajinCabbage

Postby MajinCabbage » Sat May 18, 2024 3:58 am

I can't wait for the two pack! My guess is it should drop sometime next week.
You were the chosen one!

CAHLEB

Postby CAHLEB » Sat May 18, 2024 10:32 am

A variant of one of the common has already been revealed lol. This is why I hate buying commons so early on.

Funkorot

Postby Funkorot » Sat May 18, 2024 11:40 am

renardchua wrote:Image

Which one is your favorite?

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Sat May 18, 2024 12:09 pm

renardchua wrote:Image

Got them! Got the Funko Shop exclusive too. I'm excited for the Wolverine and Sabretooth two-pack. I wonder what else we will see. Bone Claws hopefully!!

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting Funko Pops since 2012. I'm a huge X-MEN fan as well: comics, action figures, original art and statues.

jibcollect

Postby jibcollect » Sat May 18, 2024 12:37 pm

These are so awesome. I can't wait to have them all!

ImranC23

Postby ImranC23 » Sat May 18, 2024 1:00 pm

These were such a love letter to the comics!
ImageImage

Funatic of the Week: March 8th 2019
Instagram:shelfofimran
ISO:Black Cat Prototype, Freddy Funko Boba Fett, Freddy Funko as Venom

Return to “Pop!”