Conan Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
conventiongeek

Re: Conan Pops

Postby conventiongeek » Fri May 03, 2024 1:55 am

Any chance that Conan returns to SDCC this year?

LegendOfAsgard

Postby LegendOfAsgard » Fri May 03, 2024 2:25 am

X23 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
Eman185 wrote:Conan Pops are some of my favorites. So many awesome memories trying to get them during SDCC. I hope one day we get more.

Yeah after fundays, memories of Conan show is up there as my favorite. I still remember in 2016 when my wife and I got conan Wednesday I think, Friday, Saturday, and Fundays. Jeez, we were exhausted. We went back to the room after getting our tickets Saturday morning just to rest. We ended up napping and almost missing the show.

I remember one year I got weds tickets and my flight was delayed. I got in at 9:30am on weds. In order to make it to get ticket deadline we had to skip getting our luggage and go straight to the theatre. We were staying at US Grant right by the theatre too. We went back and forth it was like being on Amazing Race lol

Wow that is crazy. That's definitely commitment. I don't think I could do that, especially at my age.

cerealkiller

Postby cerealkiller » Fri May 03, 2024 3:49 am

I miss the Conan events. Usually got in at least one show
per sdcc. Always a good break from the sdcc floor chaos;)

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Fri May 03, 2024 8:04 am

conventiongeek wrote:Any chance that Conan returns to SDCC this year?

I sure hope so. It'll be a great addition to sdcc

Nexus413

Postby Nexus413 » Fri May 03, 2024 8:31 am

LegendOfAsgard wrote:
X23 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
Yeah after fundays, memories of Conan show is up there as my favorite. I still remember in 2016 when my wife and I got conan Wednesday I think, Friday, Saturday, and Fundays. Jeez, we were exhausted. We went back to the room after getting our tickets Saturday morning just to rest. We ended up napping and almost missing the show.

I remember one year I got weds tickets and my flight was delayed. I got in at 9:30am on weds. In order to make it to get ticket deadline we had to skip getting our luggage and go straight to the theatre. We were staying at US Grant right by the theatre too. We went back and forth it was like being on Amazing Race lol

Wow lmao
That is awesome

Wow that is crazy. That's definitely commitment. I don't think I could do that, especially at my age.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri May 03, 2024 10:28 am

Mawhonic7 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:I only regret missing out on the monochrome one when it was being handed out all over the Gaslamp!

Didn’t they stop mid way giving out the Mono Conan because people were getting out of hand and the Conan people were getting scared?

Yah seemed like it, I sprinted like 3 blocks for one and just missed out!

imbatgirlpop

Postby imbatgirlpop » Fri May 03, 2024 11:50 am

That would be super cool. Where is the show?

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Fri May 03, 2024 12:35 pm

imbatgirlpop wrote:That would be super cool. Where is the show?

The new Conan show is on HBO Max, pretty good so far!
Instagram- calebshiny

funkoldblooded

Postby funkoldblooded » Fri May 03, 2024 12:37 pm

rexflexall wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:I only regret missing out on the monochrome one when it was being handed out all over the Gaslamp!

Didn’t they stop mid way giving out the Mono Conan because people were getting out of hand and the Conan people were getting scared?

It was a really fun concept , unfortunately a lot of people don’t know how to behave accordingly

Rgonzo103

Postby Rgonzo103 » Fri May 03, 2024 1:39 pm

Swatrob wrote:I could see him coming back. He could easily do a few podcast episodes at spreckles. The podcast is so good and with so many celebrities being at SDCC it would be cool to do a couple shows there. Viking pop from one of the new episodes would be amazing, make it a jumbo.

I think his podcast would be great as a fan of Conan. I doubt we would get the big show experience from before but it would be great to see him at SDCC again.

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Fri May 03, 2024 2:58 pm

Rgonzo103 wrote:
Swatrob wrote:I could see him coming back. He could easily do a few podcast episodes at spreckles. The podcast is so good and with so many celebrities being at SDCC it would be cool to do a couple shows there. Viking pop from one of the new episodes would be amazing, make it a jumbo.

I think his podcast would be great as a fan of Conan. I doubt we would get the big show experience from before but it would be great to see him at SDCC again.

How great would it be to get Andy Richter and the band back just for 2 or 3 shows that are SDCC one time events. I think it really would be an amazing experience. Unfortunately I don't know if Max/Discovery would fund something like that since it isn't a regular show they broadcast.

tokiyeo

Postby tokiyeo » Fri May 03, 2024 4:24 pm

Nexus413 wrote:Are we ever going to get Conan pops again now that he has a new show? I really miss those, we need more of them

i hope not!

sealordbrian

Postby sealordbrian » Fri May 03, 2024 4:30 pm

As someone who is a) a huge fan of Conan; and b) has every single one they've ever put out, I'm fully, fully, fully onboard with more Conan Pops. I just liked them (something fun that was different).

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Fri May 03, 2024 4:33 pm

sealordbrian wrote:As someone who is a) a huge fan of Conan; and b) has every single one they've ever put out, I'm fully, fully, fully onboard with more Conan Pops. I just liked them (something fun that was different).

It was def fun waiting on his reveals each year. And, I love the Conan pennywise pop from Scare-Diego

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Fri May 03, 2024 8:57 pm

Lakerfan75 wrote:
Rgonzo103 wrote:

How great would it be to get Andy Richter and the band back just for 2 or 3 shows that are SDCC one time events. I think it really would be an amazing experience. Unfortunately I don't know if Max/Discovery would fund something like that since it isn't a regular show they broadcast.

You never know. I know they were talking about him doing a variety show on Max at one point.
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

Warren8525

Postby Warren8525 » Fri May 03, 2024 11:38 pm

When I see this title, I'm thinking Barbarian or Detective lol

Panda

Postby Panda » Fri May 03, 2024 11:48 pm

would love to have more Conan pops, enjoyed seeing him at SDCC few years back

Elewitt2022

Postby Elewitt2022 » Sat May 04, 2024 1:07 pm

He records his podcast live in front of an audience when he visits NYC. I could see him doing it at SDCC!!

Perhaps its just wishful thinking.

I definitely would go after any new Conan pops, to keep the collection complete!

Somebody DM Team Coco now!!! lol lol
Instagram: @suplexrd

:freddy3:

Starwarsfanatic1

Postby Starwarsfanatic1 » Sat May 04, 2024 3:17 pm

Would Love to see Conan and his pops back at SDCC! Those were some of my best memories at SDCC. Also, there are so many pops they could make Conan as! More Star Wars would be great!
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
SDCC 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24
FUNDAYS 2019, 2022, 2023
FUNKON 2021

LAX_Men4ever

Postby LAX_Men4ever » Sat May 04, 2024 3:46 pm

Tickets to Conan’s show at Sdcc were hard to get.

Cheesemango

Postby Cheesemango » Sat May 04, 2024 10:28 pm

Conan pops were great while it lasted. I loved the conan shows at comic-con and it would be nice to see it come back in some way or another.

Jarrieta13

Postby Jarrieta13 » Sun May 05, 2024 3:33 pm

Nexus413 wrote:Are we ever going to get Conan pops again now that he has a new show? I really miss those, we need more of them

I remember when I used to work at Gamestop we had this one customer who would always preorder the conan pops and even enter some exclusive raffles to win some rare ones. This post made me go down memory lane 2016-2017

Nexus413

Postby Nexus413 » Sun May 05, 2024 10:51 pm

Elewitt2022 wrote:He records his podcast live in front of an audience when he visits NYC. I could see him doing it at SDCC!!

Perhaps its just wishful thinking.

I definitely would go after any new Conan pops, to keep the collection complete!

Somebody DM Team Coco now!!! lol lol

Whaaaaaat!! They should def do at SDCC!!

friskykillface

Postby friskykillface » Sun May 05, 2024 11:01 pm

SDCC was so much more fun with Conan’s show and the pops

It happened during the day after you walked around the con and you saw celebs and laughed with the crowd

Then he signed pops after the show which was great

BHS alum with Conan, I said that to him once and he said what I was doing all the way in San Diego lol
Hey, take care and have an awesome day.
I wish I knew how to add a gif/pic to my signature lol

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Mon May 06, 2024 8:14 am

zonkttc wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:Any chance that Conan returns to SDCC this year?

I sure hope so. It'll be a great addition to sdcc

I don't think so. He may show up though as a moderator for a panel or two.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon May 06, 2024 10:23 am

funkoldblooded wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:

It was a really fun concept , unfortunately a lot of people don’t know how to behave accordingly

Oh yeah, I saw a kid almost get trampled in a crowd for one!

funkoldblooded

Postby funkoldblooded » Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

rexflexall wrote:
funkoldblooded wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

Oh yeah, I saw a kid almost get trampled in a crowd for one!

That is definitely cause for concern, it was a liability then to continue :/

evrythngzen

Postby evrythngzen » Mon May 06, 2024 3:33 pm

w00tw00t wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
I would hope, but I doubt it. It would be awesome if he came back to SDCC. One of many good memories. But since this show is similar to Somebody Feed Phil I will doubt we see any pops from him.

I think it is possible because some of the Pops that were made were based off of his Travel Specials opposed to his late night talk show.

Would you happen to know if those Pops had the TBS labeled on the front of it? I'm sure he could strike some sort of deal with Funko to produce his own sets.

You know what, now that you ask, I'm not sure if they did or didn't. I'm gonna have to check when I get home...well when I find the box in storage. I'm one of those people that loves their pops and opens them so mine is sitting in a baseball bat frame / case thing above a door. LOL
:freddy3: Collector, convention manager, all around nerdy weirdo!!

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Mon May 06, 2024 7:16 pm

evrythngzen wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
I think it is possible because some of the Pops that were made were based off of his Travel Specials opposed to his late night talk show.

Would you happen to know if those Pops had the TBS labeled on the front of it? I'm sure he could strike some sort of deal with Funko to produce his own sets.

You know what, now that you ask, I'm not sure if they did or didn't. I'm gonna have to check when I get home...well when I find the box in storage. I'm one of those people that loves their pops and opens them so mine is sitting in a baseball bat frame / case thing above a door. LOL

Yeah, they did. The Conan without borders versions were just from his show specials that were on TBS. Even the random ones that weren't tied to anything happening in a show were still tied to the show and TBS.

If he were to do a direct license the boxes would probably just say "Team Coco" instead of "CONAN/TBS".
Hi, I'm CY

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Mon May 06, 2024 7:19 pm

Cheesemango wrote:Conan pops were great while it lasted. I loved the conan shows at comic-con and it would be nice to see it come back in some way or another.

I was able to go to one and it was so much fun.
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

funkotron

Postby funkotron » Mon May 06, 2024 9:01 pm

I wish I had been at sdcc for any of the conan shows. That would've been such a cool experience, not to mention the free pops

FunkoBurro3

Postby FunkoBurro3 » Tue May 07, 2024 12:03 am

funkotron wrote:I wish I had been at sdcc for any of the conan shows. That would've been such a cool experience, not to mention the free pops

And a free show!! Got lucky on the last year he had it there.
Would be awesome if he came back.
Abel H 3 :freddy2:
The United Funko Family

-Funkowood (Funko Hollywood) Grand Opening
-Funko Virtual-Con 2020
-Funkon 2021
-SDCC-Special Edition 2021- Pop! Quiz - Auditions (Rejected)
-Funko Fundays 2022
-FDO9- San Diego 2023
-Camp Fundays 2023 (Sandwich survivor!)

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Tue May 07, 2024 12:15 am

rexflexall wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:

Me too, I saw them pulling that red wagon back into the theater
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

Chenzo157

Postby Chenzo157 » Tue May 07, 2024 1:22 am

Only conan pop I got is the ian Malcolm one
Camp fundays 2023 bound! :freddy1:

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue May 07, 2024 10:26 am

Chenzo157 wrote:Only conan pop I got is the ian Malcolm one

That's a pretty good one!

Grogu

Postby Grogu » Tue May 07, 2024 12:28 pm

Takit0 wrote:
Grogu wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
One can wish. Since TBS was a big company with a big budget, renting The Spreckles Theater wasn't a problem. With his new Podcast I'm not sure if there is any big sponsors behind it that would fork the bill. Or maybe he can do something smaller. But, his presence during sdcc was fantastic.

His presence definitely increased exposure to SDCC. I personally know a few people that didn't start going to SDCC until after Conan started doing tapings there.

I love that you mention this because I think the opposite is also true! My first experience with Conan was at SDCC. And because I had such a great time at the tappings + Team Coco House that I went to the tour stop near me. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one!

I think you are right. I know that after the tapings, I was on the lookout to try to go to his show more regularly, but they were always during times of work or other activities that I couldn't go.
SDCC: 2010 - 2023
Wondercon: 2016 - 2023

Tootall411

Postby Tootall411 » Tue May 07, 2024 12:34 pm

I was actually shocked on how cheap most of the Conan pops are..

Greek187

Postby Greek187 » Tue May 07, 2024 1:27 pm

Can you imagine if they decide to do Conan ops again this year !!!!
Funko POP collector since 2015
Wife and Husband hobby for both of us
Couples funatics!
EVENTS going to SDCC 2024 - DISNEY D23 2024
Sdcc 2023 :freddy3: Image
WENT TO -.Hollywood grand opening ,Wondercon 23 , FUNKON 1 2021 opening day,,

Tmnt_funko16

Postby Tmnt_funko16 » Tue May 07, 2024 1:28 pm

Conan is so good. I hope we get more pops.

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Tue May 07, 2024 1:39 pm

Tootall411 wrote:I was actually shocked on how cheap most of the Conan pops are..

I think only the monochrome and aquaman ones are still a little high, but yeah, a lot of them dropped. I remember really trying to get the Predator Conan one, and it was so expensive back in the day.

Return to “Pop!”