Figure vs. Bobble-head!?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
JoshRJV77

Figure vs. Bobble-head!?

Postby JoshRJV77 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:50 am

This is a two parter!

1. I was hoping someonecould clear things up for me, I know the Marvel and Star Wars Pop!s are bobble-heads and the rest are figures but ive also seen some DC Universe Pop!s as bobble-heads! Does anyone know why this is?! (Sorry if this has already been covered already! i couldnt find it!)

AND

2. Which do you prefer?! I personally prefer the figured!
Last edited by JoshRJV77 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have a Funko-tastic day!! :)

sclarke03
Hall of Fame Class of 2015
Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Re: Figure vs. Bobble-head!?

Postby sclarke03 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:11 am

We touched on this a while back, and I think it has to do with the licensing agreements that those franchises have with other toy makers. Adding a spring transforms it from an action figure to a bobblehead, or something along those lines?

I don't collect any other vinyl toys, so having them without a spring is kind of a nice change of pace.
Steve

WANTED: Purple Tuxedo Freddy!!!!

JoshRJV77

Postby JoshRJV77 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:07 am

Yeah i remember reading a little bit about that, but thats why im unsure about seeing a Green Lantern bobble-head for example when the DC license and line are all figures!
Have a Funko-tastic day!! :)

Aratak

Postby Aratak » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:57 am

In one of the other threads I saw it mentioned that some retailers (Target, specifically) insisted that the Pop! figures not wobble. Not sure what the logic is. Perhaps some sort of perceived safety issue?
"Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa

lucky19

Postby lucky19 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:55 am

Aratak wrote:In one of the other threads I saw it mentioned that some retailers (Target, specifically) insisted that the Pop! figures not wobble. Not sure what the logic is. Perhaps some sort of perceived safety issue?

All the target pop! That I have bought from here wobble, DC, marvel and star wars. :-s

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:04 am

I like them either way. The designs are well executed so it's all good, spring or no spring.

Now if they could just convince George Lucas to ditch the bases on the Star Wars Pop....
Funklub: 11181

xHEMLOCKx
Hall of Fame Class of 2009

Postby xHEMLOCKx » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:46 pm

The only place where the DC line bobbles is at target. The Universal and Star Wars Licenses all bobble. The rest should just be figures.
Hi, I am Bo

Fame is vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. - Lincoln

We need Dr. Seuss and Peewee Herman POP!

xHEMLOCKx

Postby xHEMLOCKx » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:48 pm

Squird wrote:I like them either way. The designs are well executed so it's all good, spring or no spring.

Now if they could just convince George Lucas to ditch the bases on the Star Wars Pop....

Not necessarily a George Lucas thing as much as making the Pops more different than their other toys which have been licensed to other companies.
Hi, I am Bo

Fame is vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. - Lincoln

We need Dr. Seuss and Peewee Herman POP!

Return to “Pop!”