Your display, the Funko way!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Typale

Re: Your display, the Funko way!

Postby Typale » Sun May 26, 2019 9:16 pm

Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
racheva wrote:I finally decided how to display my SW chromes

Looks amazing! Chrome + Star Wars = Happiness.

Chrome set up looks badass!!
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Sun May 26, 2019 9:55 pm

nightbodega wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Hope you figure something out. The motorized part, could be a simple shelf rotating, kind of like hidden rooms.

Simple like a hidden Room. Makes me feel like I need to go to haunted mansions and asks ghosts how they build secret rooms.

So many possibilities with these motorized secret Pop shelves.

Think I may need to go to the YouTube.
See what I can figure out and see if it's even practical.

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Mon May 27, 2019 3:30 am

jcjcjc1990 wrote:Hi,

It's my first time sharing here in the forums, I'm not even sure how to post photos =) I hope i can learn it day by day.

Here's my GOT collection below:

OMG! What an impressive collection :eek: ! Love the display too!
Hi there! I’m Myriam.
Collecting Funko since Xmas 2015
PopPriceGuide want list: https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/mem ... UWM5NEVS0/
Instagram: Themymster

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Mon May 27, 2019 3:32 am

Dominican Khaleesi wrote:Hello guys! I love the way you all display your POPS! <3 I take from this post a lot of good ideas. I don't have a really big collection, just 144 POPS, but anyways I would like to show you guys the way I display them. Recently I've been taking all of them out of their boxes and it definetly took a while.

hi! Really great display.
This gives me new ideas!
Hi there! I’m Myriam.

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Mon May 27, 2019 11:38 am

TheStephil wrote:
Thanks for explanation. I think getting outlets moved would be ideal but that could get expensive. I’ll have to look more into it. I would like to get lights for the shelves at some point.

haven't done any lighting on my shelves yet. Used to work for an electrician so I know just enough to get in trouble.

Have yet to decide exactly what I want to do.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon May 27, 2019 1:21 pm

ImranC23 wrote:Recently switched how/what I’m collecting which opened up a shelf to get pops out of the closet, however in this war the shelf won! Far too many Spidey pops not including the grails/con/oversized pops but I’m kinda digging the look from the side! I usually display OOB or face forward but part of collecting is the attraction to the packaging for me; so they’ll stay like this for the time being until I can find something permanent.

Most of my pops are displayed out of box so I like storing my pop boxes like this. It’s like 2 displays for the price of one. The side art work is often overlooked.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon May 27, 2019 1:24 pm

Dominican Khaleesi wrote:Hello guys! I love the way you all display your POPS! <3 I take from this post a lot of good ideas. I don't have a really big collection, just 144 POPS, but anyways I would like to show you guys the way I display them. Recently I've been taking all of them out of their boxes and it definetly took a while.

I love the shelves in the first image. Spacing out the pop shelf’s makes it less busy and overly hectic. Plus you have storage which I’m starting to lack as my pop collection increases.

Your Harry Potter display is really cute. Love the coins next to Niffler and using books as risers. That’s a nice touch.
Hi, I’m Steph.

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Tue May 28, 2019 6:58 pm

I keep taking breaks from arranging my own collection to look at what others are doing for some ideas, heh.
Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogoly was?

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue May 28, 2019 8:02 pm

BadEugoogolizer wrote:I keep taking breaks from arranging my own collection to look at what others are doing for some ideas, heh.

Best place to get ideas.
I need one of those Billy Ikea shelves pronto. No idea where I’d put it but I love how much you can display with them.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Wed May 29, 2019 12:07 am

Some of the displays :) with a little cameo from yours truly lol

Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

schmeebel

Postby schmeebel » Wed May 29, 2019 1:11 am

great!!!!

schmeebel

Postby schmeebel » Wed May 29, 2019 1:11 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:Some of the displays :) with a little cameo from yours truly lol

I like the white cases

schmeebel

Postby schmeebel » Wed May 29, 2019 1:12 am

TheStephil wrote:

I love the shelves in the first image. Spacing out the pop shelf’s makes it less busy and overly hectic. Plus you have storage which I’m starting to lack as my pop collection increases.

Your Harry Potter display is really cute. Love the coins next to Niffler and using books as risers. That’s a nice touch.

Nice pictures!!!!

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Wed May 29, 2019 6:45 am

TheStephil wrote:
BadEugoogolizer wrote:I keep taking breaks from arranging my own collection to look at what others are doing for some ideas, heh.

Best place to get ideas.
I need one of those Billy Ikea shelves pronto. No idea where I’d put it but I love how much you can display with them.

Yep, the Billy shelves are definitely what worked best for me too.
And the Morliden glass doors fit perfectly with them, when, like me, you want to go OOB but without spending too much time chasing after the dust ;-)
Hi there! I’m Myriam.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed May 29, 2019 9:38 am

MymyChan wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Best place to get ideas.

And the Morliden glass doors fit perfectly with them, when, like me, you want to go OOB but without spending too much time chasing after the dust ;-)

I was not aware there were glass doors that fit on them. That seals the deal. It’s hard enough dusting the in box pops but oob is a pain in the butt.
Hi, I’m Steph.

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Wed May 29, 2019 9:47 am

TheStephil wrote:
MymyChan wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Best place to get ideas.

I was not aware there were glass doors that fit on them. That seals the deal. It’s hard enough dusting the in box pops but oob is a pain in the butt.

I got the info about the glass doors on this thread! I only have one display for now but planning to recycle one Billy I already have at home into a second one . With only the doors to buy, I should be able to do it in the next 3 months - that is, if I do not spend this budget into more pops :-D
Hi there! I’m Myriam.

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Wed May 29, 2019 10:06 am

MymyChan wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Best place to get ideas.

I'll have to check that out. I need detolfs for my Transformers, but these could work well for pops

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Wed May 29, 2019 11:17 am

BadEugoogolizer wrote:
MymyChan wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Best place to get ideas.

I'll have to check that out. I need detolfs for my Transformers, but these could work well for pops

I've seen Detolf used as pop displays as well It's not the same at all but really liked what I saw most of the time.
be sure to share pictures once you'll be set up :-)
Hi there! I’m Myriam.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed May 29, 2019 11:46 am

MymyChan wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
MymyChan wrote:

I got the info about the glass doors on this thread! I only have one display for now but planning to recycle one Billy I already have at home into a second one . With only the doors to buy, I should be able to do it in the next 3 months - that is, if I do not spend this budget into more pops :-D

Budgeting between display setup and pops is a real struggle for me. I was meaning to set up my Harry Potter shelves for months but kept buying pops instead. My husband and I have a pact to only spend overtime/extra income on pops. It's been good lately because we've both been working overtime and have gone overboard on pops. However, con season is coming up and my overtime options at work have slowed down.
Hi, I’m Steph.

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Wed May 29, 2019 12:18 pm

MymyChan wrote:
BadEugoogolizer wrote:
MymyChan wrote:

I've seen Detolf used as pop displays as well It's not the same at all but really liked what I saw most of the time.
be sure to share pictures once you'll be set up :-)

Yeah I've seen detolfs for Pops, but it leaves so much unused space if they're on risers OoB. I'm gonna display my bigger combiner bots and huge figures in those so less space goes to waste, but those Billy ones seem like they'll be good. Plus with a door and avoiding as much dusting, I think I'll find a place to jam one in here, heh.

Oh yeah, for sure. I'm still doing the shelves/risers on the walls now. Trying to arrange and unbox what I have, while leaving room for the new additions later in the week (and for the coming months). I'll probably take pics Friday since the full Community wave and most other Pops I ordered over the weekend will be delivered by then

nonotglenn

Postby nonotglenn » Wed May 29, 2019 9:53 pm

TheStephil wrote:
MymyChan wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Budgeting between display setup and pops is a real struggle for me. I was meaning to set up my Harry Potter shelves for months but kept buying pops instead. My husband and I have a pact to only spend overtime/extra income on pops. It's been good lately because we've both been working overtime and have gone overboard on pops. However, con season is coming up and my overtime options at work have slowed down.

Sometimes being an adult and budgeting is no fun, but that is a really good way to make sure it doesn't get out of hand. I think important to maintain that balance, and using extra income to do it is smart.

Mags

Postby Mags » Thu May 30, 2019 12:32 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:Some of the displays :) with a little cameo from yours truly lol

Spoiler: show

That is one fresh display!

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Thu May 30, 2019 3:47 am

Mags wrote:

Thanks, Mags! :)
You should post some stuff too! \:D/
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu May 30, 2019 6:34 am

Very clean setup...it helps showcase your collection very well.

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:41 am

jcjcjc1990 wrote:Hi,

It's my first time sharing here in the forums, I'm not even sure how to post photos =) I hope i can learn it day by day.

Here's my GOT collection below:

As far as I can tell, the only thing I noticed you're missing is the Mystery Mini Rhaegal from Hot Topic. This is probably the most impressive GoT collection I've ever seen. Well done.

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Thu May 30, 2019 4:42 pm

mongoose12 wrote:

Very clean setup...it helps showcase your collection very well.

Thank you very much :)

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Thu May 30, 2019 5:24 pm

TheStephil wrote:
MymyChan wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I have exactly the same issue! I have been wanting to buy new shelves for months now but my budget goes to Pops first. Every month I promise myself to be good and really slow down and then I will come across one I must have!
Con season will be so hard. I am almost wishing they will not release too many that I would want
Hi there! I’m Myriam.

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Thu May 30, 2019 7:59 pm

Ahh yesss... home sweet home :smt070

My real name is Noah, but you can call me... Noah.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu May 30, 2019 9:53 pm

MymyChan wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
MymyChan wrote:I got the info about the glass doors on this thread! I only have one display for now but planning to recycle one Billy I already have at home into a second one . With only the doors to buy, I should be able to do it in the next 3 months - that is, if I do not spend this budget into more pops :-D

I have exactly the same issue! I have been wanting to buy new shelves for months now but my budget goes to Pops first. Every month I promise myself to be good and really slow down and then I will come across one I must have!
Con season will be so hard. I am almost wishing they will not release too many that I would want

I feel the same way. Part of me hopes they won’t release much of what I want. I don’t have high hopes though. I already want 3 of the E3 pops and 1 of the T-shirts.
I need to start doing odd jobs for people in the neighborhood or sell my plasma.
Hi, I’m Steph.

ripresa

Postby ripresa » Fri May 31, 2019 8:45 am

Toy R Us! Love how you set up your display!

Speed8711

Postby Speed8711 » Fri May 31, 2019 8:48 am

Unfortunately I don’t have much room so I keep my pops in a storage bin in the closet. However, when I want to admire my collection I put them out like this.

nonotglenn

Postby nonotglenn » Fri May 31, 2019 12:37 pm

Lobstercrossing wrote:Ahh yesss... home sweet home :smt070

He fits right in :) Nice to see him hanging out among friends. The unpacking is coming along :)

nonotglenn

Postby nonotglenn » Fri May 31, 2019 12:38 pm

Speed8711 wrote:Unfortunately I don’t have much room so I keep my pops in a storage bin in the closet. However, when I want to admire my collection I put them out like this.

Some shelving along the top of the walls might work!

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Fri May 31, 2019 12:50 pm

nonotglenn wrote:
Lobstercrossing wrote:Ahh yesss... home sweet home :smt070

He fits right in :) Nice to see him hanging out among friends. The unpacking is coming along :)

:smt117
My real name is Noah, but you can call me... Noah.

Speed8711

Postby Speed8711 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:52 pm

Ya nonotglenn that would be ideal. For now Im storing them in my “toy closet”, where my old board games and handheld games are. I may just dedicate this space to them.

Mags

Postby Mags » Fri May 31, 2019 6:18 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Mags wrote:

I gotta clean up my display first haha Once I get some more shelves up I will!

drfunkopopper

Postby drfunkopopper » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:47 am

Switched things up for displaying our 10" pops and those in pop stacks. Later on, I ended up going OOB with the holiday pops and storing them (planning on making a holiday display when the time comes). That wrapped up pop is a signed Majin Vegeta, personalized for one of our close friends in San Diego.

Last edited by drfunkopopper on Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
IG: drfunkopopper
ECCC 2017 2018 2019 • Funkast 100 • Hollywood Grand Opening

ISO:
Michael Jackson (Beat It) | Golden Frieza Red Eyes

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:02 am

Mags wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Mags wrote:That is one fresh display!

I gotta clean up my display first haha Once I get some more shelves up I will!

Yeah this is still a work in progress, I'm procrastinating on purchased actual glass cases. Less dusting lol
Looking forward to it though! Get those shelves! :)

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:04 am

ripresa wrote:Toy R Us! Love how you set up your display!

Thank you! :)

Cheryl24

Postby Cheryl24 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:01 pm

Updated my Care Bears display today to add the cereal & shirt boxes. I’m ready for more Care Bears! [-o<

Hi! I'm Cheryl :grommit:
IG & Twitter:
@pets.and.pops

Return to “Pop!”