Pre-orders?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
CJEscandell

Pre-orders?

Postby CJEscandell » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:49 pm

What is the likelihood that sites such as toywiz and entertainmentearth are really going to get more stock of Pops! they're taking pre-orders for?

And if Funko are still producing ones such as Jack Skellington, why wouldn't they produce more of the harder to find Mikes and Sulleys or Loki?
From this:

To this:

lucky19

Re: Pre-orders?

Postby lucky19 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:03 pm

I never pre-order either they have it in stock or they dont. Then I look else were.

FFJim
HoF 2007 & CotY
HoF 2007 & CotY

Postby FFJim » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:12 pm

Marketing 101: If a product sells, keep making them. Unless there was a stated limited number to be made, making more is possible. It happens all the time with popular Funko items. Of course, the contrary is true too. If a product is a slow mover, the likelihood of more appearing is very low.

Go ahead and pre-order. If the item doesn't arrive in a reasonable amount of time, cancel the pre-order. Nothing lost but a little time and hope. I've been pre-ordering Funko for years and have never been disappointed.

CJEscandell

Postby CJEscandell » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:12 pm

But I mean, they must have some basis for claiming things like "Available in January 2012!" right?
From this:

To this:

CJEscandell

Postby CJEscandell » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:13 pm

Well, the good thing is they don't charge me until the order is complete. So nothing lost, nothing gained.
From this:

To this:

Meth68

Postby Meth68 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:16 pm

I dont believe it myself, Some of their stuff even said "Pre-Order" and estimated delivery was December 2011 and this was 2 weeks ago. Some say January, some say February. I don't trust Pre-Order for stuff that's been out for a month+ already
Vinny
Mainly collecting Freddy's now. :freddy2:

hopist

Postby hopist » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:53 pm

I think, as far as the Disney Pop!s go, that the Disney store was supposed to be the only ones to have them when they first come out. And after a certain amount of time, other retailers will get them.
Call me Hope! (Yes, it's my real name.)

Return to “Pop!”