Disney Pop Design - Mrs. Incredible & Ariel

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
QBert

Postby QBert » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:47 pm

I just saw the new series 3 Disney Vinyl Pops at the Disney Store. I noticed that the bodies for Elasti-Girl and Ariel are extremely small compared to other figures like Winnie the Pooh and Captain Hook. Would they even be able to support the weight of the figure and stand up-right? Also, do the heads bobble?

Finally, is there a reason for this design decision? I thought it might be because they want all of the heads roughly the same size, so the bodies need to be created in proportion in order to keep the figures at a height of 3.75". Anyone got the scoop on this?

lucky19

Re: Disney Pop Design - Mrs. Incredible & Ariel

Postby lucky19 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:51 pm

No the heads do not bobble, and yes they are able to stand with out falling over.

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:00 pm

My GFs Ariel stands just fine on a shelf. The Rudpolh pop had a small body as well
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

CJEscandell

Postby CJEscandell » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:55 pm

It's truly a miracle that Mrs. Incredible stands on her own. Her body is TINY. The one Pop that I have that just doesn't stand on her own is Jessie. I have to prop her up by her cowboy hat
From this:

To this:

00m17

Postby 00m17 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:57 pm

They'll stand up just fine unless they are defective. I have a defective sally, and falls off the shelf every 2 days even when I apply a sticky under her feet...

Capt Hook

Postby Capt Hook » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:33 pm

all of mine stand up just fine as well. Here are two photos of mine how I set my up.

Close up on where Ariel,Hatter and Hook are on.

QBert

Postby QBert » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:45 pm

I keep them in the box so I'm not too concerned, but I just thought that it was a little strange how small they actually made the body. Just curious if there was a specific design intention for it.

Return to “Pop!”