Retired Pop! Figures

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
jlcall3

Re: Retired Pop! Figures

Postby jlcall3 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:57 pm

What I wonder is that what are just ones delayed like Dustman said that eventually "show up" and what are just a craze to buy them up and will not be replenished.
"These are not the POP! you are looking for..."

Family of 7 that are Disney/Funko-holics

Wanted POP!:
A Few Various New POP!

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:52 am

wanted to bump this up... we've been talking retired pops a bit in the B&N thread. any official word on mickey & stitch being retired?

ilovepop

Postby ilovepop » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:53 am

I haven't heard anything on it... They both are still readily available at retailers like b&n and various other online retailers...

angrychairs

Postby angrychairs » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:50 am

I asked on their facebook page if they have a list of retired ones and their response was that they are working on one. So we should find out soon enough.
It ain't lookin too good for ya thor!
Pop count 141 and climbing! Looking for: Jam Master Jay to complete my rocks set

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:00 pm

awesome news, angrychairs, thanks for doing that!

Meth68

Postby Meth68 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:05 pm

Them coming out with a list is smart, I am sure whenever someone is put on the retired list, sales go up for that Pop 500% lol
Vinny
Mainly collecting Freddy's now. :freddy2:

angrychairs

Postby angrychairs » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:10 pm

and the hoarders will buy multiples!
Pop count 141 and climbing! Looking for: Jam Master Jay to complete my rocks set

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:12 pm

I think you Facebook people should take some of the questions raised here to Shawndra on Facebook...seems to get results.
My name is Carol, also respond to "Sho"

COTY 2009, 2010, 2012, COTD 2013

TanyaTate

Postby TanyaTate » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:25 pm

angrychairs wrote:I asked on their facebook page if they have a list of retired ones and their response was that they are working on one. So we should find out soon enough.

Awesome! I was thinking about putting a "retired" list on my blog for reference, but it would be a lot of guessing by what I read on the boards. An official list is just what we need! :)
WANTED: Hanna Barbara Huckleberry Hound POP Dark Purple, Light Purple, Orange, Red, Pink, Green and Dorbz Purple, Orange
My Youtube Channel

gbjgonzo

Postby gbjgonzo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:46 pm

Is there any update on the retired POPs?
Just me Gonzo.

angrychairs

Postby angrychairs » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:36 am

A fan posted a picture of Greedo and Funko responded with...

Funko Don't spend too much on "retired" POPs we may see these re-appearing in some stores again....
Monday at 2:08pm · Like · 1

So now who knows whats happening with the retired ones.

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Retired Pop! Figures

Postby FunkoNewb » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:29 am

I hope they call china and get another wave of these retired series one pops. It's not like they're exclusives of anything.
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

gbjgonzo

Postby gbjgonzo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:31 pm

angrychairs wrote:A fan posted a picture of Greedo and Funko responded with...

Funko Don't spend too much on "retired" POPs we may see these re-appearing in some stores again....
Monday at 2:08pm · Like · 1

So now who knows whats happening with the retired ones.

Could this mean that there will be more Loki in the future? I know Monster's INC will be out of the picture due to licensing
Just me Gonzo.

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:35 pm

What is the licensing issue? I keep hearing about it, but don't know the story.
2012 Rookie of the Year

Meth68

Retired Pop! Figures

Postby Meth68 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:39 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if random older pops that were sold out start showing up by the truckloads. I will definitely change my collecting habits when it comes to pop. :)
Vinny

yellowrice
HoF 2014 & Spirit
HoF 2014 & Spirit

Postby yellowrice » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:50 pm

Jango Fresh,

Brian posted this in another thread before you joined. This was to address more of the Monster Inc pops situation. I'm hoping that the license only applies to USA, then hopefully Canada can get them, and we can help the other members on here. One can only hope! [-o<

Brian@Funko wrote:
Guys, really no conspiracy theory here...When we FINALLY obtained our Disney Consumer Products license, they asked us for a few concessions..

1. No selling any Monsters Inc stuff due to a Mattel issue...Meaning only the Disney Store supply would be what the final run would be in the USA...we had planned to sell them but it was pulled at 11th hour...we DO have some samples laying around so we can give those away..

2. Take the Toy Story POp and put bases on them and make them bobble..Again a Mattel issue..so we complied with this request as well.

Europe and Mexico will eventually get the Monsters Inc stuff, so some will probably make their way back to USA as supply and demand always works this way...
James
Suit up! For tonight is going to be Legend... wait for it...

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:58 pm

happy to hear that "retired" might not actually mean "retired."

but still wondering how i'm gonna get mike, sulley and boo.

glowfunkofreak
HoF 2007 & Spirit
HoF 2007 & Spirit
Location: the other side of the rainbow .. where everything GLOWS !!

Postby glowfunkofreak » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:04 am

Just because an item is considered retired doesn't mean they still don't have stock left in the warehouse.

It usually means that no more are going to be made, but you never know they could come out of retirement in a special/limited run or new colorway.
Once a FUNATIC a FUNATIC for LIFE

It's ALL about the FUN
WEBSITE - http://justanotherfunkoobserver.com/

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:12 am

James thanks for that info, reading that makes me feel pretty certain about Monster Inc pops returning, if not here in another country.
2012 Rookie of the Year

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:56 pm

i still want to see the list of 'retired' pops though... i think that would help clear up a lot.

lucky19

Postby lucky19 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:17 pm

I say we dont need a official retired list made. This would only help ebay seller buy them all up when they hit the retired list and resell at ridiculous prices. My collection buying has slowed down dramatically due to the inflated prices. I say leave it to guess that way you might find that piece your looking for at the great price.

edorice
Hall of Fame Class of 2015
Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Postby edorice » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:34 pm

lucky19 wrote:I say we dont need a official retired list made. This would only help ebay seller buy them all up when they hit the retired list and resell at ridiculous prices. My collection buying has slowed down dramatically due to the inflated prices. I say leave it to guess that way you might find that piece your looking for at the great price.

I'd have to agree with that reasoning.

Meth68

Postby Meth68 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:55 pm

Does a retired list mean anything is the question? If they could just be re-released then that doesn't mean much. Months ago many thought jack was retired and were paying $20-25 for him. 3 months later he came out again and most stores couldn't even sell him at $9

If pops are "retired" as in that same pop is no longer produced then a list is nice, I don't care if its released again differently 10 times over again as long as its not the same then it makes sense to me :)
Vinny

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:40 pm

see... that's exactly what i'm talking about.

right now people are paying through the nose for loki under the idea that he's on some "retired" list. can you imagine what would happen his prices if funko released an official list that did NOT include him? we'd all know, with at least some degree of certainty, that loki will be available again. FAR less people would be willing to pay so much for him and prices would plummet, i'd imagine.

and yeah, resellers would be all over the list. but at least we'd know for certain that they have good reason to be asking so much, and not overcharging collectors based mostly on speculation.

thejefe37

Postby thejefe37 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:36 pm

I just saw the movie Thor at a Books A Million, they had two actually.
Wish list:
Flocked Chewy
White Walker Glow in the Dark
Metallic Flash
Walking Dead Freddy

hopist

Postby hopist » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:44 pm

thejefe37 wrote:I just saw the movie Thor at a Books A Million, they had two actually.

If you have the money (and their are still going for $9-13), it would probably be smart to buy them since Thors seem to still be selling for about $30 each
Call me Hope! (Yes, it's my real name.)

dotpattern

Postby dotpattern » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:39 am

Might have been said before, but if you look at the 2012 Funko Featured Products Catalog from Ron, they crossed out some Pop that may be "retired".
a l e c

thejefe37

Postby thejefe37 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:50 pm

hopist wrote:
thejefe37 wrote:I just saw the movie Thor at a Books A Million, they had two actually.

If you have the money (and their are still going for $9-13), it would probably be smart to buy them since Thors seem to still be selling for about $30 each

I did, I picked one up for a friend and bought the other one to hopefully trade with. I did see a few more at a comic shop, they actually had one Loki left and a Red Skull. I bought them both for the same friend.
Wish list:
Flocked Chewy
White Walker Glow in the Dark
Metallic Flash
Walking Dead Freddy

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:58 pm

Very lucky friend!

I dont know about the Thors value really, ive seen it sell for like $16 shipped on a bidding auction just a week or so ago. I gave up on finding a Loki.
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.

batmanfunatic92

Postby batmanfunatic92 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:15 am

Mike, you were right about Sacramento, it sucks looking for Pops there. I would suggest getting in with some of the people who work at shops that get them and ask if they could give you a call when the shipments arrive. At least for the Limited Edition ones.

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:57 am

The thing is, really no comic shops order pops. So basically I can order from them well in advance, but very slim chance of finding a chase. My best bet is just to find something at a Hot Topic or Dimple Records (slim pickings there). Stage 9 is the largest Funko selection, however, the just got like 6 regular spiderman wobblers in, they have the monsters wobblers, and some random pops that I scope out. No chase pieces in there either.

thestevieb

Postby thestevieb » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:37 pm

Carol_Lynn wrote:There were certainly plenty Riddlers available in S. Florida! Took this at my local BN a couple days ago.

where in florida is that barnes n noble? have you been recently and seen if they still have all those riddlers?

Carol_Lynn

Retired Pop! Figures

Postby Carol_Lynn » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:01 pm

thestevieb wrote:
where in florida is that barnes n noble? have you been recently and seen if they still have all those riddlers?

It's by the Broward Mall in Plantation. I haven't been in a couple weeks, but the last time I was there they still had over 60.
Carol Lynn (not Carol!), collector nerd and LTJ enthusiast.

Return to “Pop!”