Disney Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
batmanfunatic92

Disney Pops

Postby batmanfunatic92 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:12 pm

So which Disney Pops can we expect to be on stands from now on? I'm not a huge fan :-$ of the Pops on stands, so I'd like to ideally hunt for the "old" pieces that will now be places on stands.

jlcall3

Re: Disney Pops

Postby jlcall3 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:23 pm

So far that I have seen is only the 4 Toy Story characters (Lotso, Jesse, Buzz, Woody).
"These are not the POP! you are looking for..."

Family of 7 that are Disney/Funko-holics

Wanted POP!:
A Few Various New POP!

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:58 pm

the 2012 catalog also shows alien and zurg with stands now, so perhaps that's coming as well. either way, i'd imagine the figures/bobbleheads can be removed from the stands, like the star wars ones... yes?

jlcall3

Postby jlcall3 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:09 pm

Alien and Zurg part of the TS line and they can be removed if you want to but may now stand as well.
"These are not the POP! you are looking for..."

Family of 7 that are Disney/Funko-holics

Wanted POP!:
A Few Various New POP!

ilovepop

Postby ilovepop » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:21 am

My alien from Toy Story doesn't have a stand and I got him from a retail location of the Disney Store... I also don't like them as well with the stands... From what I remember Brian saying it was only going to be the Toy Story ones... Due to licensing issues...

QBert

Postby QBert » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:53 pm

From what I understand based on Brian's posts, when Funko obtains their licensing for Disney figures, they are required to make some concessions to avoid confusion with other products (i.e. add a stand, have it bobble), like the Toy Story and Monsters Inc. lines. These concessions apply only to when Funko sells it outside of the Disney Store; Disney Store exclusive versions do not seem to be subjected to the same requirements.

So as long as you buy from the Disney Store, I think it's fine.

Return to “Pop!”