How much did you spend at SDCC?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Re: How much did you spend at SDCC?

Postby ShoMeNodder » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:47 am

I think that would be a smart move, Mike ! I think i told this story before but since we have so many new people, i'll tell it again....in 2005, the first San Diego Con i believe, i packed up a whole suitcase full of acrylic cases, wheeled it down to the convention center, bought all the wobblers and then put them in the acrylic cases (some which had broken) and lugged it home on the plane ! What a total dwebe I was !!!
My name is Carol, also respond to "Sho"

COTY 2009, 2010, 2012, COTD 2013

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:54 am

hahaha... I already get annoyed and stressed out being in huge groups of people. Carrying around all the things I buy just sounds like a nightmare in that situation. Not to mention, it seems like a lot of people on the board would be interested buying the rest of the stuff in there.
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:56 am

Exactly ! Sooo many people, we can't navigate to see everything...just go in door G and the funko booth is straight up from that.
My name is Carol, also respond to "Sho"

COTY 2009, 2010, 2012, COTD 2013

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:01 pm

That's good to know! Go to the G Spot to find the Funko Booth!
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

edorice
Hall of Fame Class of 2015
Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Postby edorice » Fri May 18, 2012 7:52 pm

Bumping this to answer some folks questions.

Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY

Postby Reverend » Sat May 19, 2012 11:45 am

I plan to do the Pre buy if Brian offer's it and I will sell most of it to the board at cost plus shipping and keep only a few thing if any. As far as money goes you can spend as little as you want or as much as you want. I can say food is expensive even outside of Con too and sooooo many cool things to buy. Last year I came back with large suitecase full of toys and I think a big carry-on,it could of been more no sure.
ISO Pop Spastik Tiki protos, ALL OF THEM!

REAL MEN DON'T KEEP SCORE!

SELL OUTS NEED TO RESTOCK SO THEY CAN SELL OUT AGAIN! :mir1:

Pot meet KETTLE

Brian@Funko wrote:GO boxless..it is more fun!

My mom named me Jacob/Unfortunately that's not all I get called
Haters going to hate so let the cry babies cry!

gokou105
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby gokou105 » Sat May 19, 2012 11:53 am

Reverend wrote:I plan to do the Pre buy if Brian offer's it and I will sell most of it to the board at cost plus shipping and keep only a few thing if any. As far as money goes you can spend as little as you want or as much as you want. I can say food is expensive even outside of Con too and sooooo many cool things to buy. Last year I came back with large suitecase full of toys and I think a big carry-on,it could of been more no sure.

Let me know what you don't want from the pre-buy and I will gladly take it off your hands hahaha
Calvin

The_Batman

Postby The_Batman » Sat May 19, 2012 4:45 pm

Yeah I def need some of the pieces of the pre buy ever since the official site gave me an error code when I tried buying my ticket. Now I can't go :c

I Really NEEEED a GITD Spike Gremlin POP! ^^^ LMK

Return to “Pop!”