How much did you spend at SDCC?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
gokou105
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Re: How much did you spend at SDCC?

Postby gokou105 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:00 pm

FunkoNewb wrote:Same here. Just attending Friday.

I think you will have a better shot of getting what you want than me...maybe you can help me get some stuff =)
Calvin

nikkimarie

Postby nikkimarie » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:09 pm

I want one of the 9 inchers preferably mickey and buzz but we aren't going so I'm sol. I wish we could do prebuys id do it, if anyones going to opt of the prebuy please pm me well send you the money to do it :D

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:11 pm

nikkimarie wrote:I want one of the 9 inchers preferably mickey and buzz but we aren't going so I'm sol. I wish we could do prebuys id do it, if anyones going to opt of the prebuy please pm me well send you the money to do it :D

I might not do the pre-buy because its too costly for me...maybe i can help you get it or split it with you. PM when its closer to date.
Calvin

nikkimarie

Postby nikkimarie » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:23 pm

Ok sounds good

sophie_dee11

Postby sophie_dee11 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:36 am

Man, I really want a 9 inch Buzz... or Maleficent... or Mickey haha. Wish I wasn't in Australia sometimes. I've only seen Disney Pop in one store here and they only had 4 of them :( I want a giant pop!!!

aloy61

Postby aloy61 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:43 am

Can anyone else help with prebuy?? I love to get them,,,,,
I'm from overseas...
Its frustrating that prebuy is not available for international funko fans.....

xHEMLOCKx
Hall of Fame Class of 2009

Postby xHEMLOCKx » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:51 am

Prebuy is only available to those going to the con... sort of like an incentive. However, every year, members of the board always pick up extra to sell on the board at the same cost, in order to help fellow board members out.

I also know of members ( myself included) who have picked up items for other board members at the con as well.

I feel like a bunch of you are starting to stress about this and it is still months away. We are a community and in general we help each other out whenever we can.
Hi, I am Bo

Fame is vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. - Lincoln

We need Dr. Seuss and Peewee Herman POP!

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:44 pm

Well said Bo !
My name is Carol, also respond to "Sho"

COTY 2009, 2010, 2012, COTD 2013

The_Batman

Postby The_Batman » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:01 pm

Yes I'm new here but I'm also gonna help out the other people who can't go.

I Really NEEEED a GITD Spike Gremlin POP! ^^^ LMK

aloy61

Postby aloy61 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:02 pm

The_Batman wrote:Yes I'm new here but I'm also gonna help out the other people who can't go.

\:D/
Hope that i am able to get your help later!!
Thanks in advanced for helping!!!

The_Batman

Postby The_Batman » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:14 pm

No problem :)

I Really NEEEED a GITD Spike Gremlin POP! ^^^ LMK

sophie_dee11

Postby sophie_dee11 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:36 am

Naww! This forum has such awesome people! Funko fans are the best :) To know that everyone is so willing to help out is great! I just know there's going to be something I want from the con haha.

edorice
Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Postby edorice » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:39 pm

Do you guys think the metallic 9" Maleficent will be sold again this year?

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:43 pm

I doubt it but what do i know ?

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:51 pm

I can't wait to see that pre buy list of clues!
2012 Rookie of the Year

edorice

Postby edorice » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:55 pm

I'm still debating on the pre-buy. I'm all about Pop!, so pre-buying Blox would be a waste of resources.

cliffd64
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

Postby cliffd64 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:58 pm

edorice wrote:Do you guys think the metallic 9" Maleficent will be sold again this year?

Doubtful... in fact, virtually impossible. Part of being a limited 360 piece edition is the fact that no more will be made later.

However, thats not to say that there won't be some OTHER giant Disney Pop unveiled at the con.. I'm sure there will be some Disney related Funko products at the booth :)
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

cliffd64

Postby cliffd64 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:04 pm

edorice wrote:I'm still debating on the pre-buy. I'm all about Pop!, so pre-buying Blox would be a waste of resources.

Last year, it ended up costing me more to buy only what I wanted at the con and ship it back home, and carry it from the con to the hotel, and so on ... so much so that I will not forsake the pre-buy ever again. You can always offer the items you do not want to board members as trade or sale items...

Don't forget that there is always a special bonus piece only available to those who buy the pre-buy... If it is a Pop figure, you will be hard pressed to get one without the pre-buy...

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:05 pm

edorice wrote:I'm still debating on the pre-buy. I'm all about Pop!, so pre-buying Blox would be a waste of resources.

I believe there might be some folks interested in splitting pre buys, so that may be an option.
2012 Rookie of the Year

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:07 pm

Very sage advice, Cliff.

edorice

Postby edorice » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:19 pm

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely keep that in mind.

cliffd64

Postby cliffd64 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:22 pm

Another thing to consider... if you only have tickets for Saturday or Sunday... there MAY be Pop! items that were available at the Funko booth earlier in the week that are gone by those days... A great example is the GITD Green Lantern.

edorice

Postby edorice » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:37 pm

Really? I'm only coming for Friday and hopefully Fundays if it is Friday night.

Forte82

Postby Forte82 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:21 pm

I would love to prebuy if someone can help. I can't make it there. Thanks!!
Please call me Dave

Punish the deed, not the breed! Stop BSLs! Love-A-Bully!!

gbjgonzo

Postby gbjgonzo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:26 pm

Dave,

I dont mind giving you a hand with the prebuy. I will be attending Thurs, Fri and Sat at the Con, and also to Funday.
Just me Gonzo.

Robobopinop

Postby Robobopinop » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:29 pm

Can you "prebuy" more than one time? I can't attend but i'd do the pre-buy for sure if someone was going that either didn't want to do the pre-buy or could possibly do two "pre-buys"?

killthemusic4

Postby killthemusic4 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:30 pm

I'll be looking to pre buy too Ohio is too far for me to make it there hopefully one year I can make it.
Looking for any rankin bass, gm monsters, and sleestak protos

Tony Hicks

gbjgonzo

Postby gbjgonzo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:31 pm

If its based on people attending, then I might be able to get 2 for other people since two of my friends are going with me.
I guess we have to wait late May/June when Brian drops hints.
Just me Gonzo.

tjbhab
Hall of Fame Class of 2013
Hall of Fame Class of 2013

Postby tjbhab » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:44 pm

I dread carrying around all the stuff so I am definately going the prebuy route. I am sure, cause I have seen it every year I have been here, that there will be many items available for those that are not able to attend on the boards. I plan on picking some up for people as well. So don't fret if you can't make it.
I'm Todd
COTM 10/12

Wobbler Wish List: Metallic Blue and Purple w/Black Crown Tux Wobbler Freddy.

Forte82

Postby Forte82 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:10 pm

gbjgonzo wrote:Dave,

I dont mind giving you a hand with the prebuy. I will be attending Thurs, Fri and Sat at the Con, and also to Funday.

Thank you so much! Living up here in NH on a tight budget I don't know if I'll ever be able to make it out there, so I'm forced to rely on the generous people on the board. Thanks again!!!
Please call me Dave

Punish the deed, not the breed! Stop BSLs! Love-A-Bully!!

jake1977jr

Postby jake1977jr » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:03 am

What's the pre-buy thing all about?

cliffd64

Postby cliffd64 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:52 am

jake1977jr wrote:What's the pre-buy thing all about?

Each year, Funko (aka Brian) offers those that are attending SDCC and Fundays the option of purchasing a full set of the Funko Comic Con exclusives available at the booth. In addition, as an added incentive, there is usually a special item included only available through the pre-buy. The pre-buy is usually shipped early in August.

The idea is that this is an offer of convenience to those attending so that they do not have to worry about buying, carrying, and packing and shipping all the items home from the Con and all the hassles that entails. Funko takes care of that for you. They make a guaranteed sale, and you avoid all the hassles. Win win!!!!

It is a limited offer in that it is only available to those attending.

However, this is usually a good thing as this enables those who have purchased the pre buy to be in a perfect position to acquire additional Con exclusives to help out those who could not attend get some exclusives at booth cost.

edorice

Postby edorice » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:03 pm

Awesome explanation, thanks Cliff. May as well save that somewhere, it will be asked again.

jake1977jr

Postby jake1977jr » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:42 pm

cliffd64 wrote:

Each year, Funko (aka Brian) offers those that are attending SDCC and Fundays the option of purchasing a full set of the Funko Comic Con exclusives available at the booth. In addition, as an added incentive, there is usually a special item included only available through the pre-buy. The pre-buy is usually shipped early in August.

The idea is that this is an offer of convenience to those attending so that they do not have to worry about buying, carrying, and packing and shipping all the items home from the Con and all the hassles that entails. Funko takes care of that for you. They make a guaranteed sale, and you avoid all the hassles. Win win!!!!

However, this is usually a good thing as this enables those who have purchased the pre buy to be in a perfect position to acquire additional Con exclusives to help out those who could not attend get some exclusives at booth cost.

That's pretty awesome for those that can attend,but sucks for the rest of us that can't.Just another depressing thing for me to add on my life list of depressing things.That's one thing about living on the east coast,we always get the shaft,everything happens on the west coast.HaHa.That's cool that they package the pre-buys for everybody and send them out to you,and at least saves some of the hassle for your things.I am glad that there are people like you on here that even though you don't have to,are willing to help the rest of us out.You truly don't know how appreciative I am,and I'm sure everybody else is on here.Thanks for the info Cliff. :)

gbjgonzo

Postby gbjgonzo » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:14 pm

jake1977jr wrote:
cliffd64 wrote:

That's pretty awesome for those that can attend,but sucks for the rest of us that can't.Just another depressing thing for me to add on my life list of depressing things.That's one thing about living on the east coast,we always get the shaft,everything happens on the west coast.HaHa.That's cool that they package the pre-buys for everybody and send them out to you,and at least saves some of the hassle for your things.I am glad that there are people like you on here that even though you don't have to,are willing to help the rest of us out.You truly don't know how appreciative I am,and I'm sure everybody else is on here.Thanks for the info Cliff. :)

I am willing to help in whatever way I can. Once it starts getting closer I will start a new post to help people who cant go. Hopefully its not a one per person type of restriction
Just me Gonzo.

mindblowin02
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby mindblowin02 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:30 pm

Keep in mind, the prebuy is $400-600

jake1977jr

Postby jake1977jr » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:24 am

gbjgonzo wrote:I am willing to help in whatever way I can. Once it starts getting closer I will start a new post to help people who cant go. Hopefully its not a one per person type of restriction

I hope it's not a one person restriction either.Does Brian attend SDCC & Fundays? Maybe the people that are going could talk to him about if there is going to be a restriction.Even us that aren't attending could talk to him too.But If the people attending tell him they are going to get stuff for other board members,they could give him their real name on here & then show him ID at the show and maybe he would lift that restriction as long as it's forum members here getting the stuff and not a bunch of non-collectors just buying stuff to put on Ebay to rip the rest of us off.Just a thought.

mindblowin02 wrote:Keep in mind, the prebuy is $400-600

Whoa,what? Is it really that much? I don't want everything they're are going to have,just certain things.
Last edited by jake1977jr on Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xHEMLOCKx

Postby xHEMLOCKx » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:10 am

The prebuy is for every exclusive that funko has at the con. So you are getting around 30 pieces plus shipping for that price.
Hi, I am Bo

Fame is vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. - Lincoln

We need Dr. Seuss and Peewee Herman POP!

cliffd64

Postby cliffd64 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:34 am

xHEMLOCKx wrote:The prebuy is for every exclusive that funko has at the con. So you are getting around 30 pieces plus shipping for that price.

So true... actually last year there were 35 regular items at the booth plus the special item just for the pre-buyers...

Total value of package was listed at $600, and sold for $500 including shipping :)

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:43 am

I think some people have a feeling the pre-buy is just for what you want to pre-buy rather than for everything. Which as Bo stated, is not the case. You are buying everything. But also as Cliff has mentioned, people doing the pre-buy or attending the con can get extras and sell them to the board members. I am considering getting the pre-buy and I only collect a few pop, so I would probably be selling the majority of the pre-buy, that is if I actually go through with it. Really tempted for the fact of getting that special piece...
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

Return to “Pop!”