Damaged Pop! Boxes

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
lute82

Damaged Pop! Boxes

Postby lute82 » Sat May 12, 2012 5:27 pm

I ordered a Steamboat Willie and Flash from Amazon last week, and both boxes were smashed during shipping.

So, I requested replacements and received those yesterday, and Steamboat Willie's box was dented and the top flap was ripped. The box for the Flash looked okay, but the bottom was open with the figure partially out.

I really don't want to exchange another time if this is the condition Amazon's Pop is in routinely, but I have not ordered Pop from them before so I don't know their track record.

Am I being too picky or would you suggest ordering more replacements or just requesting a refund and ordering elsewhere?

Thanks.

gbjgonzo

Re: Damaged Pop! Boxes

Postby gbjgonzo » Sat May 12, 2012 5:46 pm

Third time is the charm. I've never really had any issues with Amazon. I'd get them replaced one last time.
Just me Gonzo.

edorice
Hall of Fame Class of 2015
Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Postby edorice » Sat May 12, 2012 5:56 pm

Did you order directly from Amazon or an authorized Amazon seller. I personally wouldn't bother with it a third time and I wouldn't order that route again. There are many other Pop retailers out there.
www.geminicollectibles.com
www.entertainmentearth.com
www.kirinhobby.com
www.bbts.com

etc.

lute82

Postby lute82 » Sat May 12, 2012 6:13 pm

I ordered directly from Amazon, not an authorized Amazon seller.

G_O_Rilla

Postby G_O_Rilla » Sat May 12, 2012 6:39 pm

I've had problems with amazon before once they "lost my package" and twice came damaged. If you can't find them at another site listed above id try again. If you can find them id pick a different place
I'm Justin

spinn

Postby spinn » Sat May 12, 2012 11:23 pm

I ordered a Pop Batman error figure on Ebay from someone and the Pop box was taped all around with packing tape. WTF?? I'm asking for a replacement.
Jeff here.
http://trampt.com/h/spinn

gbjgonzo

Postby gbjgonzo » Sun May 13, 2012 2:45 pm

spinn wrote:I ordered a Pop Batman error figure on Ebay from someone and the Pop box was taped all around with packing tape. WTF?? I'm asking for a replacement.

That would drive me nuts!
Just me Gonzo.

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Sun May 13, 2012 5:08 pm

I've ordered direct from Amazon many times, and luckily, without a problem. I even ordered a 63" plasma TV that came with "white glove" delivery - they unpacked it and carried down to the basement and set it up. Also ordered vacuum cleaners, electronics. Just ordered sandisk memory card duo for my Sony camera (at 2/3 the price savings than ordering directly from Sandisk), net 8G thumb drive, and many other things. But never Funko.

Their prices for all the stuff I have bought from them has been slightly to significantly lower than buying elsewhere, and their service and return policies can't be beat. Most of the time, if over $25 - free standard shipping (have always received items quicker than their estimates).

Contact them and explain your problem - most sellers will pack very carefully if you explain to them that the condition of the boxes are as important to a collector as the item.

Craig here......

Return to “Pop!”