DC Chase from Todd

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
gokou105
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

DC Chase from Todd

Postby gokou105 » Tue May 15, 2012 10:33 pm

I finally got my chase pieces...sooooo happy!!!
great packaging and wrapped nicely
So beautiful!
Calvin

G_O_Rilla

Re: DC Chase from Todd

Postby G_O_Rilla » Tue May 15, 2012 10:36 pm

Looks great!
I'm Justin

Forte82

DC Chase from Todd

Postby Forte82 » Tue May 15, 2012 10:37 pm

Nice dude! Congrats, got some good ones there!!
Please call me Dave

Punish the deed, not the breed! Stop BSLs! Love-A-Bully!!

Shavedcrx

Postby Shavedcrx » Tue May 15, 2012 10:38 pm

Congrats. I got my batman chase and superman chase packaged great as well and arrived safely.
Chris
ISO: Kylo Ren and Wreck it Ralph Protos

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Tue May 15, 2012 10:49 pm

Flash is my favorite...pics do not do it justice...lots a lot better because he has more metallic on him than the rest.
Calvin

Icetenka

Postby Icetenka » Tue May 15, 2012 11:13 pm

Lucky!!! The Flash Chase is first on my wants right now. I've only seen one guy selling it on eBay for $100. Can't afford to purchase that.
Wants:
Flash POP Proto

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:14 pm

Last week I saw one for $50 with $5 shipping on Ebay. I'll let you know if I see it for that cheap again.
Calvin

batmanfunatic92

Postby batmanfunatic92 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:20 pm

Icetenka wrote:Lucky!!! The Flash Chase is first on my wants right now. I've only seen one guy selling it on eBay for $100. Can't afford to purchase that.

Be sure to stay away from the seller "popculturecollectiblesandtoys " he rips people off BIG TIME!!! Please, do not buy from this seller. Better to look else where or ask on the boards, someone might be able to help you out.

And congrats on your news chases buddy!!

Icetenka

Postby Icetenka » Tue May 15, 2012 11:26 pm

I just did a search and bbtoystore.com is the only person selling the metallic Flash on eBay at the moment for $100. I think the most I would want to pay is $50. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!
Wants:
Flash POP Proto

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

DC Chase from Todd

Postby FunkoNewb » Tue May 15, 2012 11:40 pm

Congrats on your new chase pieces.
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:43 pm

Thanks Shawn, i try to stay away from Ebay but some times they do have decent prices on Pops.

I got the Flash from Todd for $45 shipped
Calvin

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:44 pm

FunkoNewb wrote:Congrats on your new chase pieces.

Thanks! I was sort of getting worried that USPS lost my package
Calvin

ilovepop

Postby ilovepop » Tue May 15, 2012 11:58 pm

batmanfunatic92 wrote:
Icetenka wrote:Lucky!!! The Flash Chase is first on my wants right now. I've only seen one guy selling it on eBay for $100. Can't afford to purchase that.

Be sure to stay away from the seller "popculturecollectiblesandtoys " he rips people off BIG TIME!!! Please, do not buy from this seller. Better to look else where or ask on the boards, someone might be able to help you out.

And congrats on your news chases buddy!!

(Sorry to hijack this post gokou)

Seriously. Good job on feeling the need to continue to bad mouth me to others on here. If I rip people off, so do many others!!! Sure I'm an easy Target but it gets old. Ebay is a free market system and there is no set pricing on rare and Chase pop. I'm not the only person to set a high value on some pop. Some people will never be happy. Even Todds cheap prices got some negative responses. In the end, each person will decide what the amount they are willing to spend on a certain item. It's the nature of any popular collectible!

JoshRJV77

DC Chase from Todd

Postby JoshRJV77 » Wed May 16, 2012 12:15 am

Just cuz other people are doing it doesn't make it okay, that's a really pathetic justification! It's already been determined on here by most that you are someone to avoid dealing with, and just as you have the right to price your stuff on eBay at whatever prices you want, we have the right to warn the newcomers of any potential ripoffs they may encounter since they ate new, just funatics looking out for each other.
Have a Funko-tastic day!! :)

batmanfunatic92

Postby batmanfunatic92 » Wed May 16, 2012 12:17 am

Not attacking you, simply looking out for my fellow boardies. I HIGHLY recommend each and every person to stay away from "popculturecollectiblesandtoys" on ebay, however, everyone is free to choose where and whom they buy from. You definately took advantage of Todd sales, didn't you :)

RDK
Hall of Fame Class of 2009
Hall of Fame Class of 2009

Postby RDK » Wed May 16, 2012 12:18 am

I'm gonna stick up for ilovepop this time. You might object to his prices, but unless he's actually taking your money and not sending stuff out, you can't make the claim that he rips people off. No one's forcing anybody to buy from him, and by all accounts he ships as promised.
Ray

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Wed May 16, 2012 12:21 am

Great pick ups looks like they were shipped with care

JoshRJV77

DC Chase from Todd

Postby JoshRJV77 » Wed May 16, 2012 12:25 am

I'm waitin on one item from Todd! Luckily mine doesn't come with a box so I can only imagine it will arrive in perfect condition, not really much to get damaged! ;)

batmanfunatic92

Postby batmanfunatic92 » Wed May 16, 2012 12:27 am

JoshRJV77 wrote:I'm waitin on one item from Todd! Luckily mine doesn't come with a box so I can only imagine it will arrive in perfect condition, not really much to get damaged! ;)

What could we be talking about?? :O

JoshRJV77

Postby JoshRJV77 » Wed May 16, 2012 1:02 am

batmanfunatic92 wrote:
JoshRJV77 wrote:I'm waitin on one item from Todd! Luckily mine doesn't come with a box so I can only imagine it will arrive in perfect condition, not really much to get damaged! ;)

What could we be talking about?? :O

You'll have to wait and see!!! ;)

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Wed May 16, 2012 1:06 am

Can't wait to see what you get Josh!!!

Todd does an excellent job packaging the items, making sure it does not move and does not get damaged during the delivery. What you don't see is more bubble wrapped he used. I think he used about 3-4 layers of bubble wrap.
Calvin

ilovepop

Postby ilovepop » Wed May 16, 2012 1:14 am

batmanfunatic92 wrote:Not attacking you, simply looking out for my fellow boardies. I HIGHLY recommend each and every person to stay away from "popculturecollectiblesandtoys" on ebay, however, everyone is free to choose where and whom they buy from. You definately took advantage of Todd sales, didn't you :)

Yes it is, when you say I rip someone off!!! Anyone that buys something can do a search and find what all the going prices are for that said pop figure. You can even look for what items sold for in the past.

Ask anyone who has bought from me, I ship items fast and I always pack their pops with care. And contrary to popular belief I do have success in selling pops.

And I'm sorry, this has become a part time business for me (partly to help fund my trip to sdcc). It's great that many of you use this board to find items (for a lot less than the going rate most of the time), etc. But I'm not going to give away the items or sell them for way below the going rate.

I do my research when it comes to prices, as much as one can do with the ups and downs of the current market. I am a collector to, so that also factors in for some pieces.

If you think my prices are too high, okay... But saying I rip people off is completely incorrect. Who made you the pricing police? And again with the market can anyone really say what the going rate for anything is? Loki is a prime example. It all depends on the popularity, the rarity of the item and how often you see it for sale, the number currently available, how bad the person wants an item and the max they are willing to spend on it!!!

nikkimarie

Postby nikkimarie » Wed May 16, 2012 2:03 am

Congrats on the chase Calvin and hanks again for helping Brandon out.

sophie_dee11

Postby sophie_dee11 » Wed May 16, 2012 2:07 am

Congrats on the pick ups!

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Wed May 16, 2012 2:40 am

nikkimarie wrote:Congrats on the chase Calvin and hanks again for helping Brandon out.

No problem...I'm glad to help you two out any time!
Calvin

mikem
Hall of Fame Class of 2014

Postby mikem » Wed May 16, 2012 4:19 am

I usually don't comment on views but I think eBay is a free marketplace and it could be said to stay away from certain prices on certain things. But to name a person by their eBay ID or their name isn't cool. So so many people hide behind other names and many don't realize it. There are others with high prices on funko on eBay. If one doesn't like the prices, don't look, don't buy. I hate to see this bad vibe on a forum especially a Funko forum.

Some choose to sell for whatever reason, doesn't matter.Give this person (ilovepop) a break. If his stuff doesn't sell then he will have to come down to where the market is.
Last edited by mikem on Wed May 16, 2012 6:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

mikem

Postby mikem » Wed May 16, 2012 4:21 am

Congrats on your chase pieces, enjoy!

sirrichardrichard

Postby sirrichardrichard » Wed May 16, 2012 8:37 pm

mikem wrote:I usually don't comment on views but I think eBay is a free marketplace and it could be said to stay away from certain prices on certain things. But to name a person by their eBay ID or their name isn't cool. So so many people hide behind other names and many don't realize it. There are others with high prices on funko on eBay. If one doesn't like the prices, don't look, don't buy. I hate to see this bad vibe on a forum especially a Funko forum.

Some choose to sell for whatever reason, doesn't matter.Give this person (ilovepop) a break. If his stuff doesn't sell then he will have to come down to where the market is.

I completely understand your point about negativity on the board. I can also see the frustration from other people on the board, which is supposed to be a community, when there are people who are selling and advertising items for much higher than others value them. I've sold things on Ebay before, mostly records and other music related items, but I let the market do the pricing - auction style, which takes a bit of heat off. I did really well on some items, others tanked. Plus, don't forget that Ebay takes about 10% of the total sale price, it's almost cheaper to sell on the board, but it doesn't give you the same profile and creates more animosity.

I think people are sensitive because it is a relatively small market - compared to other collectibles - and any item on sold on Ebay has a ripple effect on the "value" of a figure.....which is actually $10, it really just depends how much more than that you want to spend.
I'm Daryl

sirrichardrichard

Postby sirrichardrichard » Wed May 16, 2012 8:38 pm

Oh, and congrats on your chase. Mine came from Todd last week - excellently packed and in great condition.
I'm Daryl

mindblowin02
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby mindblowin02 » Thu May 17, 2012 12:55 am

Congrats on the chases

jake1977jr

Postby jake1977jr » Thu May 17, 2012 4:53 am

Congrats on the Chases Calvin.I've only seen pictures of Chases,but I think The Flash is the best looking one out of all the DC Chase pieces.And that Superman is pretty sweet too.

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Thu May 17, 2012 5:05 pm

jake1977jr wrote:Congrats on the Chases Calvin.I've only seen pictures of Chases,but I think The Flash is the best looking one out of all the DC Chase pieces.And that Superman is pretty sweet too.

Thanks, I totally agree with you. The Flash chase is the best looking one. I can't stop staring at it hahaha. I hope they will have chase pieces for the next DC series. It was weird that they didn't have any on the last series.

Btw, you received your package on the B&W Wonder Woman and Shadow Trooper right? How was the condition of the boxes?
Calvin

jake1977jr

Postby jake1977jr » Thu May 17, 2012 6:30 pm

gokou105 wrote:Btw, you received your package on the B&W Wonder Woman and Shadow Trooper right? How was the condition of the boxes?

Yeah.I done and got that last week.Everything was in perfect condition.The boxes didn't have anything wrong with them.I just had to peel some stickers off the bottom very carefully and that was it.That B&W Wonder Woman is pretty sweet.I wish I would have just bought the B&W Captain America a few months ago when it was fairly cheap and easy to get.Just another one I didn't pull the trigger on,kinda like when I had a GITD Green Lantern on my Ebay Watch List last summer when it was around 20 some dollars,and now look at how much it's going for.Regrets all around for me.HaHa!!!

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Thu May 17, 2012 6:35 pm

jake1977jr wrote:
gokou105 wrote:Btw, you received your package on the B&W Wonder Woman and Shadow Trooper right? How was the condition of the boxes?

Yeah.I done and got that last week.Everything was in perfect condition.The boxes didn't have anything wrong with them.I just had to peel some stickers off the bottom very carefully and that was it.That B&W Wonder Woman is pretty sweet.I wish I would have just bought the B&W Captain America a few months ago when it was fairly cheap and easy to get.Just another one I didn't pull the trigger on,kinda like when I had a GITD Green Lantern on my Ebay Watch List last summer when it was around 20 some dollars,and now look at how much it's going for.Regrets all around for me.HaHa!!!

I know what you mean...when I started collecting, I didn't even know the difference between the chase pieces. I passed up the SDCC metallic retro Batman for $40. I thought it was too much. I'll just buy whatever appeals to me because I know I can sell it for cost if I decide I don't want it anymore.
Calvin

Return to “Pop!”