Captain America:TFA...Why wasn't there no movie Pops?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
jake1977jr

Postby jake1977jr » Sun May 20, 2012 12:36 am

I was sitting here thinking last night.They have the Avengers Pops clearanced at my local Target.I bought an extra Hulk,but was thinking about buying the Nick Fury they had.I was thinking about buying an extra Red Skull and putting his head on the Nick Fury body,and then paint the hands to look like gloves,so that he would look more like the movie version.But then I got another thought in my head..........

Why didn't they make movie Pops for Captain America:The First Avenger? They did Thor movie Pops,and it came out before CA:TFA did,and they also had Green Lantern movie Pops last year too.So why no Cap Pops? Why did 2 of the big comic book movies last year get Pop treatment,and the best movie out of the 3 didn't? Does anyone have an answer for my question? I liked the suits that Cap & Red Skull wore in the movie,so I think they would have looked really good as Pops.I didn't like Cap's suit in the Avengers,because I think it looked horrible.But back to my question,if anyone has any answers,let me know because I'm curious as to why they didn't make any.Thanks!!!

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Sun May 20, 2012 12:40 am

Probably because they didn't want to make 3 captain America pops.
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

The_Batman

Re: Captain America:TFA...Why wasn't there no movie Pops?

Postby The_Batman » Sun May 20, 2012 12:58 am

Same thong with iron man 2. Just too many pops and probaly because of all the pop licenses they're having to fulfill. Grease, P vs. Z, Ferris bueller, Big bang theory, Marvel Series 2, Masters of the universe, and so on. They've also got comic con coming up.

I Really NEEEED a GITD Spike Gremlin POP! ^^^ LMK

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Sun May 20, 2012 1:26 am

I always kind of figured they gave a comic red skull because of him being in the movie, if that makes sense.
2012 Rookie of the Year

JoshRJV77

Postby JoshRJV77 » Sun May 20, 2012 1:30 am

Jango_Fresh wrote:I always kind of figured they gave a comic red skull because of him being in the movie, if that makes sense.

That's what I figured! Although they aren't marked as Official capt America movie pop! I think that's the only reason red skull is there? Because of the movie! Otherwise I'm sure we would have simply seen another well known hero!
Have a Funko-tastic day!! :)

jake1977jr

Postby jake1977jr » Sun May 20, 2012 7:23 pm

The Cap & Red Skull were more of the comic book versions,but I wouldn't have minded more figures of both.Like I said,their outfits in the movie were pretty awesome.The Cap suit was way better than The Avengers version.And the Red Skull with that long black jacket he wore would have looked really good as a Pop.

Return to “Pop!”