RETIRED?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Jaykay

RETIRED?

Postby Jaykay » Tue May 22, 2012 9:42 am

Just thought we could have a little fun this morning! We all know Who is retired from the POP! Line who do you think is next? Any guesses and why? Or doe anyone out there have an inside track? Would love to hear some ideas....

Meth68

Re: RETIRED?

Postby Meth68 » Tue May 22, 2012 9:53 am

Vinny
Mainly collecting Freddy's now. :freddy2:

Jaykay

Postby Jaykay » Tue May 22, 2012 9:56 am

Thanks meth I saw that thread. I Was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on who would be next to be retired?

edorice
Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Postby edorice » Tue May 22, 2012 10:06 am

Maybe not retired per se, but Bane looks like he's going to be less available.

Jaykay

Postby Jaykay » Tue May 22, 2012 10:28 am

I agree with you edorice. I don't know why I think that but I do agree with that

Meth68

Postby Meth68 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:33 am

Problem is listing that will bring out different type of collectors, its kinda fun finding out the hard way ;)
Vinny
Mainly collecting Freddy's now. :freddy2:

Jaykay

Postby Jaykay » Tue May 22, 2012 10:43 am

Meth how do you mean?

edorice

Postby edorice » Tue May 22, 2012 11:16 am

I think Vinny means that if it is a formal list Funko comes out with then the "flippers" can use this to jack up their prices even faster. Sometimes it's best not to really know what is going to be retired. We were able to see from Funko's catalog that Han Solo, Riddler, Penguin, and Jam Master Jay Pops were missing.

Jaykay

Postby Jaykay » Tue May 22, 2012 11:26 am

Oh thanks for the clarification. I just thought it would be nice fodder for Tuesday morning. I see no harm in having this conversation. After all we are all friends here ;-) besides this isn't a formal list. This is just for fun!!!!

cliffd64
Hall of Fame Class of 2006
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

RETIRED?

Postby cliffd64 » Tue May 22, 2012 12:01 pm

I tend to buy the things I like when they are available so as to avoid retired prices...
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

edorice

Postby edorice » Tue May 22, 2012 12:12 pm

Jaykay wrote:Oh thanks for the clarification. I just thought it would be nice fodder for Tuesday morning. I see no harm in having this conversation. After all we are all friends here ;-) besides this isn't a formal list. This is just for fun!!!!

Oh of course, I get where you're coming from. That's why I've been speculating about Bane. I was just at Hot Topic and they had a gang of TDKR Batman, but not a single Bane. I'm thinking that there are less villains out there, but I like the villains. LOL Maybe Joker is next as well.

Jaykay

Postby Jaykay » Tue May 22, 2012 12:27 pm

:)

Mnstr82

Postby Mnstr82 » Tue May 22, 2012 2:39 pm

From personal experience selling TDKR Pop! when I go to the collectible show every week, all 3 of TDKR sell extreamly well. Bane usually gets more sales than Batman. I should say he sells out quicker than Batman, then Batman sells out, then Catwoman. It isn't as often that people buy all 3 and if they buy more than one they pick up Batman and Bane and skip over Catwoman. But don't get me wrong, Catwoman still does sell out, she is just left up there longer than the other two.
I'm Lindsey, I LOVE POP! and making customs

iGannon87

Postby iGannon87 » Tue May 22, 2012 2:48 pm

All the GameStops that I've gone to that sell TDKR Pop!s always have a Batman and a Catwoman.
Makes me agree that Bane is going to start disappearing.....

Good thing I have him. :D
My name is Chris!

Pops for trade:
Thor - Movie, Riddler, Penguin

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Tue May 22, 2012 4:01 pm

well, i mean, since they're directly tied to the movie, i think it's fair to say that they're going to be limited-time items. so all three will probably be "retired" pretty quickly... it's just a matter of supply/demand then... are these going to be thor or green lantern?

edorice

Postby edorice » Tue May 22, 2012 4:06 pm

DocRamon wrote:well, i mean, since they're directly tied to the movie, i think it's fair to say that they're going to be limited-time items. so all three will probably be "retired" pretty quickly... it's just a matter of supply/demand then... are these going to be thor or green lantern?

Hahaha! I don't think they're going by way of Green Lantern. My goodness, I wonder how many they made of him. I was seeing Green Lantern EVERYWHERE and the movie sucked. LOL

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Tue May 22, 2012 4:08 pm

Doesn't help that Green Lantern and Hal Jordan look almost the exact same.
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Tue May 22, 2012 4:39 pm

and that keeps tricking me, too! i still don't have Hal Jordan, and he's like the hardest character to find... only because you have to go through EVERY SINGLE green lantern to find one. and it's just not worth the effort.

lucky19

Postby lucky19 » Tue May 22, 2012 5:59 pm

DocRamon wrote:and that keeps tricking me, too! i still don't have Hal Jordan, and he's like the hardest character to find... only because you have to go through EVERY SINGLE green lantern to find one. and it's just not worth the effort.

Hey check hastings for that Hal Jordan they should have them in all that mess of toys. Well at least in my hastings.

And let not start a retired thread, keeps them flippers guessing :devil:. I still need to find who carrys the New TDKR pops. Going hunting tomarrow for them any locations I can check other than Gamestop or hot topic already mentioned.

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Tue May 22, 2012 6:08 pm

no hastings is dfw... didn't know they had them in odessa! but there's a comic shop near me that still has 2 hals, i think. i just need to go get him at some point. thankfully, they've already told me, i'm basically the only person that buys pops from them. so they'll probably be there for weeks.

someone found the DKR pops at frys... do you have one near you?

EDIT: actually, there's a hastings in denton and waxahachie. i'm not going all the way out to waxahachie, but i might be willing to head up to denton one weekend... thanks!

lucky19

Postby lucky19 » Tue May 22, 2012 6:16 pm

No frys and no F.Y.E near me :(

Icetenka

Postby Icetenka » Tue May 22, 2012 7:45 pm

You can purchase all 3 TDKR pops on bn.com for about $27 shipped. I just bought mine last night.
Wants:
Flash POP Proto

missbantz

Postby missbantz » Tue May 22, 2012 9:04 pm

If I had to make any guesses:
-Flash
-Wolverine
-Thing
-Leia (series 1)
-Joker
-Gamorrean Guard
-Rudolph Set/Misers
-Dark Knight/Avengers/Amazing Spiderman further down the line like with previous film release sets.

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Tue May 22, 2012 9:28 pm

i don't think the holiday ones are retired... i think it's just not christmas anymore. i'll bet we see all 5 back in stores come winter, along with the new ones.

jake1977jr

Postby jake1977jr » Tue May 22, 2012 10:11 pm

I just got all 3 of TDKR Pops at B&N.com too.Right now they're on sale for $8.05 a piece,which is cheap.If you go to Gamestop,they are $10.99 a piece.

DocRamon wrote:i don't think the holiday ones are retired... i think it's just not christmas anymore. i'll bet we see all 5 back in stores come winter, along with the new ones.

I don't know man,it's hard as heck trying to find Bumble anywhere.I'm starting to think he is retired.I was going to try and buy them seperately off of Amazon,but for the price Bumble is selling for,it's cheaper to buy the 3 together off of Gemini even though you have to pay for shipping.So that's what I did,and got them in the mail today.Bumble is a nice figure.But like I said,I'm starting to think he is retired,or they just didn't make that many of him.

missbantz

Postby missbantz » Wed May 23, 2012 1:57 am

I would also add Gizmo to my list of guesses as well. The little guy is pretty hard to come by on shelves.

BATMANFUNATIC

Postby BATMANFUNATIC » Wed May 23, 2012 3:32 am

Nick Fury
Gammorean Guard
Steve Jones

lucky19

Postby lucky19 » Wed May 23, 2012 8:08 am

Icetenka wrote:You can purchase all 3 TDKR pops on bn.com for about $27 shipped. I just bought mine last night.

Thanks got Batman and bane for $14 shipped :-)

iGannon87

Postby iGannon87 » Wed May 23, 2012 11:45 am

I don't know man,it's hard as heck trying to find Bumble anywhere.I'm starting to think he is retired.I was going to try and buy them seperately off of Amazon,but for the price Bumble is selling for,it's cheaper to buy the 3 together off of Gemini even though you have to pay for shipping.So that's what I did,and got them in the mail today.Bumble is a nice figure.But like I said,I'm starting to think he is retired,or they just didn't make that many of him.

I'm with you on this. My comic show nearby has tons of Pop! figures... they have all of the christmas ones... but no Bumble. :\
My name is Chris!

Pops for trade:
Thor - Movie, Riddler, Penguin

Mattyboy03

Postby Mattyboy03 » Wed May 23, 2012 1:39 pm

I agree, I think Bumble is the hardest of the Christmas ones at the moment to find. I looked on Ebay and have only seen a couple and they were at $20. And of course he would be my fav! LoL

Matt or Matt-Chew!

Instagram: Bigluciouz

Fundays 2013 - 2014 - 2015 - 2016 - 2018
Funko Fright Night II

Latest Grails I'm Looking For:

-18" Retro Freddy Skeletor - Color Freddy He-Man & Freddy Skeletor PoP! Protos - Elvira, All Black Pop! Proto

Icetenka

Postby Icetenka » Thu May 24, 2012 2:52 am

lucky19 wrote:
Icetenka wrote:You can purchase all 3 TDKR pops on bn.com for about $27 shipped. I just bought mine last night.

Thanks got Batman and bane for $14 shipped :-)

No problem, glad I was able to help.
Wants:
Flash POP Proto

Return to “Pop!”