When did you start collecting Funko Pop!?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
batmanfunatic92

Re: When did you start collecting Funko Pop!?

Postby batmanfunatic92 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:04 pm

glowfunkofreak wrote:If it was Tanya he was watching .. it wasn't his nose that was growing ..

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I actually didn't even know who Tanya Tate was... but I know now.

missbantz

Postby missbantz » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:40 am

September 2011. About a week before my birthday, my friend and I were at Target and I convinced him to pick up Batman. By the end of the day, I was the proud owner of 2 POPs and had about 20 after my b-day. I currently have 60, as my collecting has been on a little bit of a hold trying to pay off my last term of college. After graduation this month I am soon going to be back to collecting more and hopefully filling in some gaps in my collection. Could have kicked myself for not buying certain pieces when the prices were low. I too once held Sully and decided to put him back, along with Boo.

I also don't like to buy much online. The thrill is in the hunt for me, and I prefer to be able to physically locate each piece of my collection. But I am sure that is going to change soon with SDCC coming up, and not being able to attend this year. :)

Mauison

Postby Mauison » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:51 am

Back in June of 2011, I was browsing the Disney Store on Oahu and saw the Series 1 Pop, with Mike and Sulley, of course. Anyway, I had a couple of Vinylmation but these looked cooler so I picked up Mickey. A few months later, I ordered Buzz and Jack from the Disney Store online. I was only going to buy certain Disney characters that I enjoyed. But last month, I decided to go for broke, and try to collect every single Disney Pop out there. I don't have all of them yet but I've enjoyed trying!
Aloha, I'm David and I love everything Disney!!!

singerguy04

Postby singerguy04 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:20 am

Welcome to the madness Mauison!!! I also started out trying for Disney only, then I was like "Well... Disney bought Marvel so that sort of counts now". Then I was like "Well... it's kind of hard finding all the Marvel, but my B&N has this Batman Pop and he's pretty cool". Then I was like "Well... now that I'm collecting Disney, Marvel, and DC I might as well start picking up the Holiday Pops because those are my favorite holiday movies". Now I'm like, "Well... I might as well stop fooling myself, I just want them all!" lol

So, just in case you do find yourself falling down that slippery slope... know that you're in good company! haha!

btw, Mauison are you by any chance on UltimateDisney.com also? Just curious because I feel like I recognize your sn for some reason.
I'm Jeffrey!
IN SEARCH OF: SDCC '15 - Rapunzel w/Frying Pan, Flame Anger, Both Baymax, Regina
NYCC '15 - Blue Mater, Flocked Stitch

gbjgonzo

Postby gbjgonzo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:04 pm

I started collecting POP right after Christmas. My girlfriend loves beauty and the beast. Once I noticed that they had them in cute vinyl figurines I had to get them. Little did I know I was going to be addicted to them. Im up to 83 right now...
Just me Gonzo.

Mauison

Postby Mauison » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:22 pm

singerguy04 wrote:Welcome to the madness Mauison!!! I also started out trying for Disney only, then I was like "Well... Disney bought Marvel so that sort of counts now". Then I was like "Well... it's kind of hard finding all the Marvel, but my B&N has this Batman Pop and he's pretty cool". Then I was like "Well... now that I'm collecting Disney, Marvel, and DC I might as well start picking up the Holiday Pops because those are my favorite holiday movies". Now I'm like, "Well... I might as well stop fooling myself, I just want them all!" lol

So, just in case you do find yourself falling down that slippery slope... know that you're in good company! haha!

btw, Mauison are you by any chance on UltimateDisney.com also? Just curious because I feel like I recognize your sn for some reason.

Aloha singerguy04!

I'm not on UltimateDisney but I do go on Micechat.com and Laughingplace.com every once in a while.

I used to collect comic books but stopped many years ago, which is a good thing, because if I was still collecting comic books, I'd probably want the Marvel and DC Pops as well! Plus, there would be less $ to spend on Pops if I were still buying comics!
Aloha, I'm David and I love everything Disney!!!

Valtron

Postby Valtron » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:42 pm

I know I'm late on this thread but oh wells. :)
I first saw Pop! at the McFarlane near my house & was hooked. I don't have anywhere near as much as some would think living right by this amazing, awesome store. LOL! I started buying in March of this year. Wish I would've known MUCH sooner. Now I'm obsessed with staring at some of the retired ones on ebay & thinking, "is it really worth $75+?" Haha! I stalk my local Target also. Today, I noticed the Walgreens by my house has the Avengers Pops.... but no Thor which is the only one I need for that set. :(

Cal78

Postby Cal78 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:12 pm

SDCC 2011
Hi I'm Paul
WANTED
Flash
Leatherface Chase
Any Thing Yukon Cornelius Pop Related.

specialed

Postby specialed » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:09 am

Just this month walked into Mcfarlanes saw they had pop but no batman only the display one,so looked on ebay for it and found nycc flashpoint (love at first sight)and i went for it up to 4 now but i got some i ordered coming in.
ImageImage

Choche

Postby Choche » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:46 am

i don't know if you could call it collecting, but I've been buying a Pop! every time my paycheck allows me to since January 2012. It was quite expensive, but it was Batman and I wasn't gonna let that one escape, he's my favorite superhero. Now I only own 6, and among them there's a Chase GITD 1970s Elvis. Lucky for me, not many people in my country know what are Funko Pop!
I'm José Luis, a Mexican, DC and videogame Funko Pop! Collector

Instagram: Choche (May include a LOT of comic, toys and Pop! Pictures)

nikko
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby nikko » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:03 am

Started last month with Woody and Buzz Lightyear.

I have 25 now. :-)

nikko
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby nikko » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:04 am

I post some of my POPs on instagram. My username is nikko921

swobobafett
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby swobobafett » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:12 pm

Comic Con 2010, when they were Funko Force 2.0.
Funko Funbae

loki'd

Postby loki'd » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:24 pm

I just started right before Christmas 2011. My daughter got me hooked on them when we first saw the Marvel/Disney/Star Wars ones at Barnes and Noble.

Justin-Griffen

Postby Justin-Griffen » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:04 am

My girlfriend got me three for Christmas last year (Jason Voorhees, Freddy Kruger and the Gremlin) 6 months later, I'm finding out what a big deal they are and actually buying more, who knows where we'd be if we knew then what we know now..
I'm Justin.

Justin-Griffen

Postby Justin-Griffen » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:33 am

So I had three in my room for 6 months, our collection is now at 25 with plenty more in the mail on their way
I'm Justin.

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:46 am

nikko wrote:I post some of my POPs on instagram. My username is nikko921

Nikko

I occasionally post pics of my pop. I'll follow you on instagram.

Lara

Looking for Care Bear Protos

dana_211

Postby dana_211 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:32 pm

Christmas of 2011. Got a Yoda Pop! for Christmas and then it was all downhill from there... :P
My name is Dana.

Wants:
Anything Disney

POP&lock

Postby POP&lock » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:05 am

I got bit 3 months ago,when I saw the avenger set I have over 140 already!
Current count over 3000! I love Count Chocula! Currently trying to aquire all things count related.
Instagrams: kronic_funko_bulbasaur
:freddy1: Original Funko FunKlub #1188
Image Image

malmoore

Postby malmoore » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:29 pm

In June 2011 my boyfriend and i walked into books a million and i discovered the princess leia pop along with yoda, i thought they were the cutest things ever and we both love star wars so he got them for us. After we got them home i noticed there was a website on the bottom of the box. I looked it up and further discovered the disney pop and marvel and dc pop. From then on we have been collecting although my boyfriend tends to buy me the most pop when he gets the chance. Together we have around 77. We also ordered 7 from comic con (:

shogunjlips

Postby shogunjlips » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:14 pm

Started in November of last year @ Golden Age Collectibles. They have a bunch of Kenner Star Wars figures for sale in a display case and my kid wanted the Yoda and Darth Vader. Not wanting to fork over that kind of loot for something that would be played with and lost or destroyed, I told him no but lets look and see if there are any other types of Vaders or Yodas for sale. Like a beacon in the darkness we found their Pop display. They didn't have the Yoda but left with Darth Vader and Hulk. Each night of Hanukkah he got another Pop and we've been at it ever since!
all the hits, all the time

frostiebear

Postby frostiebear » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:57 pm

Started June 20th of 2012 so not even a full month. I got instantly hooked and already have almost 50 of them counting the SDCC ones I just purchased and the 4 DC Gemini exclusives that are on preorder :)

Nkryger23

Postby Nkryger23 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:00 pm

Last November Spiderman was given to me as a present then a week later Wolverine and now I think I might need Pop rehab because I can't stop I have all regular ones right now but would kill to go to Comic Con next year as well as Fundays because I NEED MORE! :)
I'm Nayelli

POP! Count: not sure anymore

Looking for:
Any Walgreens Spider-Man line exclusives

For Trade:
Bedrock exclusive Superman Pop
Rainbow Dash Pop MLP reg/metallic Vinyl glitter
BBT Sheldon multiple shirt
More coming ....

xxchiseenjaixx

Postby xxchiseenjaixx » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:35 am

right after this past christmas. me and my gf actually bought one as a gift for her cousin. after that, i just bought and bought, of course for myself

SnackDaddy
HoF 2017 & CotY
HoF 2017 & CotY

Postby SnackDaddy » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:17 am

I started around i think November last year. I started off getting Tupac because i am a Tupac fan. Went from collecting the Pop Rocks collection to collecting everything Pop! LoL
Houssein aka Huse aka SnackDaddy

alittleweird

Postby alittleweird » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:19 am

I started collecting Pops on April 1st, 2012. I had been ogling them online since March, but I figured since it was my birthday and all, what better time to take the plunge. I drove down to Bellingham, WA, and picked up Nick Fury at B&N, followed by Tink, Cruella, and Maleficent. And that was the end of me pretending that Pops were something I could just collect a few of. Once you Pop, you can't stop. :iconbiggrin:
Hi, my name is Erika!

patrickp0219

Postby patrickp0219 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:04 am

I started back in March with Ursula and Edna E. Mode. Like so many others, it seems, it's been downhill from there! I'm running out of room in my small apartment, on my desk at work, etc... Gotta go get more shelves!
Patrick

Meth68

Postby Meth68 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:35 am

I joined here 2nd week of November, I used to collect comics/cards back when I worked in a comic shop long ago so I always liked to collect but stopped for a while. Every time I would go to Blockbuster my girlfriend and I would always walk out with random toys. So then 1 day i saw the Biggie, Pop and purchased it, probably like the first week of 11/2011. It was down hill from there, now you guys are stuck with me lol :)
Vinny
Mainly collecting Freddy's now. :freddy2:

keekster

Postby keekster » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:56 pm

Bought my first Funko Pop! this past Thursday: the 2012 SDCC Exclusive Avengers Loki Bobblehead! :cheers:

I had been wanting the original Thor Movie Loki Bobblehead but couldn't find it anywhere except on eBay for more than I could afford. My boyfriend did some detective work for me, and through Funko's Facebook page found out that there would be Loki's available through Gemini's website on opening day of Comic Con.

Well, I stationed myself at my computer with tabs open for Gemini's site, eBay store, and Amazon store and switched between sites continuously until I finally nabbed one on eBay. A short while later, I nabbed another one off of Gemini's site for my boyfriend \:D/

The cherry on top of this story is that, thanks to this wonderful website, I found out about Popcultcha and my boyfriend ordered me an ORIGINAL Loki :compress: None of them have shipped yet but I can't wait to receive them!!!

Now that I've started, I've got my eye on a few Disney characters: Ariel, Ursula, and Maleficent. Basically, I'm doomed.... :eek:

alittleweird

Postby alittleweird » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:58 pm

Keekster, there's no going back now! Mwahahaha! lol
Hi, my name is Erika!

Dinobuzz

Postby Dinobuzz » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:10 pm

Right now! LOL!
I'm in the process of starting collecting Disney Pops! .....waiting for some to come in the mail. :D
Hi, I'm Alicia, your fellow Canadian Funatic!

keekster

Postby keekster » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:34 pm

alittleweird wrote:Keekster, there's no going back now! Mwahahaha! lol

I know! I forgot to mention that I also love the Ugly doll Pops! as well! Especially GITD (or regular) Ice-Bat, Ox, and Ninja Batty Shogun. I'm even considering a Boba Fett.

I'm not a completist so I anticipate having a fairly diverse collection! See, it's already started!!!!!

Shiggity30

Postby Shiggity30 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:42 pm

Started collecting last December and now have well over 100 POPS! The trip to Fundays has given me great respect for the other board members who are so passionate about ! The Freddy's I got from the party are some of my favorites! I'm here to stay!
Jeffery

Return to “Pop!”