Why Can't i get exclusives at con?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Shavedcrx

Postby Shavedcrx » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:09 pm

So I get there at 7 and they don't let people into exhibit hall until 930, but I'm guessing there is a secret way into the exhibit hall because when I get into the hall it's full and Funko is out of both Loki and sulley. Doesn't really make sense to me. Thought I would vent.
Chris
ISO: Kylo Ren and Wreck it Ralph Protos

G_O_Rilla

Re: Why Can't i get exclusives at con?

Postby G_O_Rilla » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:12 pm

That kinda sucks you should ask how to get in earlier, sooo happy gemini had everything for sale and i dont gotta deal with lines :D
I'm Justin

Shavedcrx

Postby Shavedcrx » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:14 pm

Everyone I ask tells me something different. I'm not sure but I'm disappointed as I was at con an couldn't order from Gemini on my phone fast enough.
Chris

sophie_dee11

Postby sophie_dee11 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:14 pm

Secret tunnels!

Shavedcrx

Postby Shavedcrx » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:15 pm

Exhibitor badges are let in early but I don't think they are buying all the Funko stuff.
Chris

sirrichardrichard

Postby sirrichardrichard » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:17 pm

G_O_Rilla wrote:That kinda sucks you should ask how to get in earlier, sooo happy gemini had everything for sale and i dont gotta deal with lines :D

That's why.
I'm Daryl

Shavedcrx

Postby Shavedcrx » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:19 pm

But I doubt Gemini had but 48 off the 480 pieces. Maybe 96 tops.....why would funko go to con and have an empty booth the entire time?
Chris

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:32 pm

They have a numder they replenish every day, chances are exhibitors beat ya to it. They get in at least an hr before the con opens, maybe 2.
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Shavedcrx

Postby Shavedcrx » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:45 pm

Yes I know but frustrating is all. I rush in when they let everyone in and they are out for the day two days in a row. Just venting is all. Paid for con tickets but paid ebay price for con exclusives.
Chris

RDK
Hall of Fame Class of 2009
Hall of Fame Class of 2009

Postby RDK » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:46 pm

The funko booth has been busier than I've ever seen it and the guys are working their asses off. They had a problem with the sullys this morning - I don't think any made it out
Ray

Shavedcrx

Postby Shavedcrx » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:50 pm

I appreciate everything the Funko guys do. I work retail so I assume comic con would be like black Friday or Christmas week for me.... But maybe exhibitors should only be allowed to buy on certain days or something since they get in before every one.
Chris

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:52 pm

Booths normally set limits on how many a person can buy. Punch their badge or mark it etc. But still, there are always ways around any of it.
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:53 pm

OH! If you go to Fundays talk to Brian and tell him about it. I am SURE he will set one aside for you!
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Shavedcrx

Postby Shavedcrx » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Unfortunately I wont be able to go to fun days.
Chris

jake1977jr

Postby jake1977jr » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:09 pm

RDK wrote:They had a problem with the sullys this morning - I don't think any made it out

Oh no,are you serious Ray? I had someone that was gonna try and pick up about 3 things for me,including the Sulley/Boo combo,and that must be why she couldn't get one.And I think today was the only day she was going to be at the Con too.I also wanted the GITD Ooogie Boogie & Fantasia 2 pack,but she said they were sold out.This whole situation is getting depressing,and it's even more depressing to think that most of what is being sold is going to flippers,and the people that really want these items can't even get them at all.That Sulley & Boo was gonna be the grail of my collection. :( :( :(

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:09 pm

Dang, that was SURE way to get one. Well, good luck all the same. Been there many times and I know what you are going through.
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

yellowrice
HoF 2014 & Spirit
HoF 2014 & Spirit

Postby yellowrice » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:12 pm

jake1977jr wrote:
RDK wrote:They had a problem with the sullys this morning - I don't think any made it out

Oh no,are you serious Ray? I had someone that was gonna try and pick up about 3 things for me,including the Sulley/Boo combo,and that must be why she couldn't get one.And I think today was the only day she was going to be at the Con too.I also wanted the GITD Ooogie Boogie & Fantasia 2 pack,but she said they were sold out.This whole situation is getting depressing,and it's even more depressing to think that most of what is being sold is going to flippers,and the people that really want these items can't even get them at all.That Sulley & Boo was gonna be the grail of my collection. :( :( :(

I think Elaine mentioned that they sold out in another thread Jake

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31104&start=180
Last edited by yellowrice on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James
Suit up! For tonight is going to be Legend... wait for it...

miyella

Postby miyella » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:14 pm

jake1977jr wrote:

yeah me and the bf only had a pass for yesterday and missed out on sully and fantasia set. why they gotta be so cute, making everyone want em haha
My name is Mia, and I like warm hugs.

jake1977jr

Postby jake1977jr » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:26 pm

yellowrice wrote:
jake1977jr wrote:

I think Elaine mentioned that they sold out in another thread Jake

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31104&start=180

Yeah,I seen that.I wish I knew who all was going to Fundays tonight,so I could ask someone to maybe ask Brian if he could do anything to help out some of us that really want these.Not only for me,but the people attending the Con can't even get anything either.So there might not be a lot of extra stuff from anyone being sold on here.At least the 3 things that I mentioned.I have the money for the items,plus shipping,and I can scrape some extra money together for their trouble too.I just don't know what to do. :(

yellowrice
HoF 2014 & Spirit
HoF 2014 & Spirit

Postby yellowrice » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:31 pm

Hope for the best, you never know what some members will pick up for extras.
James
Suit up! For tonight is going to be Legend... wait for it...

sophie_dee11

Postby sophie_dee11 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:36 pm

I'm sure there will be members who got some spares to sell after the con. There's always hope. Even so, an opportunity could come up down the track!

jake1977jr

Postby jake1977jr » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:38 pm

yellowrice wrote:Hope for the best, you never know what some members will pick up for extras.

From all the posts I've been reading from a lot of people,those 3 items I mentioned,plus Loki seem to be the ones no one can get any of at the Con.So I don't look for any of them to be extra.

sophie_dee11 wrote:There's always hope.

Unfortunately Soph,I've lost all of mine already.And it's only Friday...

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:16 pm

Loki was sold out fast today. The one I really wanted and was not able to actually get it. FML
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

Meth68

Postby Meth68 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:05 pm

This explains a lot. I had a member try to get me oogie glow, mickey 2pack, sulley/boo. He got there before open and still couldn't get me either of the 3 :(
Vinny
Mainly collecting Freddy's now. :freddy2:

dustman94
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby dustman94 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:00 pm

The hall brings in stock every morning. They screwed up and some items didn't get delivered to the booth this morning. No one is doing anything underhanded. Just a convention center screw up

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:06 pm

The fantasia set, Loki and Oogie boogie were the first on their sold out list. they sold out of sulleys then got another box later and sold out again. Of course I was in the booth before they restocked.
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

jake1977jr

Postby jake1977jr » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:53 pm

dustman94 wrote:No one is doing anything underhanded. Just a convention center screw up

I never had any thoughts about anyone working for Funko doing anything underhanded,I kept thinking that maybe somebody working for Comic-Con itself stole a skid of Sulleys.You just don't know what some people will do these days,especially to make some money off of people.Ebay that is.

gokou105
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby gokou105 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:26 pm

I will be attending Sunday but I doubt I can get any of the Disney ones but I will try. I may get extras but scared I will be stuck with them or sell it for a loss. It just sucks for people who are going and still can't get the pieces. Since no dullest made it to the booth today, does it mean they will have twice as much to sell tomorrow?
Calvin

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:17 pm

I consider myself lucky. I got Sulley and Loki and did not even attend this year!

I wish someone had an extra Oogie though, not wanting to pay $35 for it. I would go 20
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Meth68

Postby Meth68 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:25 pm

Same about Oogie, i had a chance at $35 but I'd like to score one for the regular price, especially day 1-2-3.. I am hoping for some luck tomorrow!
Vinny
Mainly collecting Freddy's now. :freddy2:

G_O_Rilla

Postby G_O_Rilla » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:30 pm

I bought oggie for $35 id rather that then $100 on ebay in a few days and sold out on gemini
I'm Justin

spinn

Postby spinn » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:20 pm

Oogie Boogie available on Gemini at the moment...2 left.
Jeff here.
http://trampt.com/h/spinn

POP&lock

Postby POP&lock » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:58 pm

thats not a bad price for oogie i think. especially once they sell out at gemini, you will probably have to pay 50 or more.but good luck finding him
Current count over 3000! I love Count Chocula! Currently trying to aquire all things count related.
Instagrams: kronic_funko_bulbasaur
:freddy1: Original Funko FunKlub #1188
Image Image

xxchiseenjaixx

Postby xxchiseenjaixx » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:17 am

yeah, i hope all these figures wont be going to resellers. i mean understand why it would, but it definitely hurts the people who truly want the item, and dont want to pay reseller prices. my cousin was supposed to help me get boo/sulley and pooh, but no luck :(

edit: has anyone seen someone selling a jeremy lin pop at the con?

Return to “Pop!”