Spiderman sdcc

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Shavedcrx

Spiderman sdcc

Postby Shavedcrx » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:41 am

Hey wondering if anyone knew why he didn't have a sticker... Is this not as exclusive or are there more than 480 pieces? Just wondering.
Chris
ISO: Kylo Ren and Wreck it Ralph Protos

POP&lock

Re: Spiderman sdcc

Postby POP&lock » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:59 pm

I was wondering the same
Current count over 3000! I love Count Chocula! Currently trying to aquire all things count related.
Instagrams: kronic_funko_bulbasaur
:freddy1: Original Funko FunKlub #1188
Image Image

xxchiseenjaixx

Postby xxchiseenjaixx » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:28 pm

my cousins just asked the guy and the worker only said that "they didnt put stickers for whatever reason, but they only made 480"

PetrGonzalez

Postby PetrGonzalez » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:37 am

Haha Was Wondering The Same Thing Good To Know None Of Them Have It.

Shavedcrx

Postby Shavedcrx » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:38 am

I wish it had a sticker though.
Chris
ISO: Kylo Ren and Wreck it Ralph Protos

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:21 am

i gotta say, i'm very suspicious of ones that don't have stickers. it just feels like it's maybe not 'retired' or exclusive... there exists the possibility that it could show up later down the road. perhaps spidey will also be at NYCC, or he'll be included with the movie's dvd release, or something.

same with regular 00 funko freddy... no sticker makes me wonder if he's gonna be given out with fun klub memberships or something.

G_O_Rilla

Postby G_O_Rilla » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:03 am

DocRamon wrote:i gotta say, i'm very suspicious of ones that don't have stickers. it just feels like it's maybe not 'retired' or exclusive... there exists the possibility that it could show up later down the road. perhaps spidey will also be at NYCC, or he'll be included with the movie's dvd release, or something.

same with regular 00 funko freddy... no sticker makes me wonder if he's gonna be given out with fun klub memberships or something.

I was almost gonna buy a Freddy 00 for $200 until someone brought up that point
I'm Justin

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:05 am

yeah... the B&W ones are limited for sure, it says so on the box. and that's how it should be.

but considering how many versions of freddy there are in wobbler form, and how easy it is to get a lot of them... i just can't imagine that funko would take their mascot signature character for their now most popular line, and make him severely limited. the missing sticker is super suspicious. and we recently had some members wonder what was taking so long for their membership to process. maybe they're waiting to give new members the new item?

it would make sense for standard freddy to be easily obtainable, but variants -- the B&W, a metallic, a glow, different colors -- to be awarded as prizes or created as limited editions.

i don't know, i could be totally wrong here. i'm still new to the funko game. but something isn't quite adding up yet, and i think it's a little early to jump on 00 freddys for outrageous prices. i feel like we don't have the whole story on this one.

G_O_Rilla

Postby G_O_Rilla » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:16 am

Looking on gemini's ebay their sdcc spiderman says in the description that it will come with a sdcc 2012 sticker on it
I'm Justin

sophie_dee11

Postby sophie_dee11 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:22 pm

I hope the Freddy Pop is part of the FunKlub haha. That would be a nice touch!

JJMITMAN

Postby JJMITMAN » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:42 pm

That would be the time I'd finally break down and join the Klub :) In case anyone out there is listening... :D
Jesse.

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:29 pm

I know pop is the hot thing right now but I like that you get a wobbler with the fun club. It harkens back to funko's origins.

If it wasn't for those wobblers we wouldn't have pops now.

Lara

Looking for Care Bear Protos

Return to “Pop!”