Funko Pop! Retailers?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
mstrbrghtside

Funko Pop! Retailers?

Postby mstrbrghtside » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:45 pm

Hi everyone I'm new to this whole Pop! Thing and wanted to know of the best resources for getting figures? Best online sources (besides eBay). And if anyone can tell me of any brick and mortar stores that might sell them. I live in salt lake city Utah if that helps at all. Thanks in advance I'm excited to be part of this community and collect with everyone.

wolverinert68

Re: Funko Pop! Retailers?

Postby wolverinert68 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:47 pm

Barnes and noble, Disney store, blockbuster, sometimes Walmart or target, hot topic and of course comic book stores.
[color=#0000FF]I'm Zac

JJMITMAN

Postby JJMITMAN » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:47 pm

As for online... gemini collectibles is a great place to look.

For B&M stores... Target has some, Barnes and Noble, Disney Store (Disney ones only), FYE, Books A Million, Comic Book Stores, Hastings, even Journeys (the shoe store) has some. Bunch of places they are "popping" up
Jesse.

mstrbrghtside

Postby mstrbrghtside » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:07 pm

Awesome thanks that's a big help I'm gonna go around tomorrow and see what I can find. Do retailers sell the chasers or is that online only?

G_O_Rilla

Postby G_O_Rilla » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:14 pm

mstrbrghtside wrote:Awesome thanks that's a big help I'm gonna go around tomorrow and see what I can find. Do retailers sell the chasers or is that online only?

Chases you will find randomly you prob wont find them in comic stores because employees there know about the value if they see chases they will charge more or sell on ebay, I've heard the most chases being found at b&n
I'm Justin

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:14 pm

chases are 1 in 36 and can theoretically be found anywhere that sells pops. some people have had amazing luck getting them, others have been collecting for years and found none.

and we shouldn't forget... oftentimes, the best place to find pops is right here. if you're looking for something in particular, go into the trading forum and ask. lots of us buy extras of hard-to-find things to offer up for community members at reasonable prices, so we're not chained to ebay.

frostiebear

Funko Pop! Retailers?

Postby frostiebear » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:22 am

If anyone has any insight to B&M stores where to look in the chicagoland area would be helpful. (besides Barnes and Noble)

StupidDirigible

Postby StupidDirigible » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:26 am

Gamestops near me carry The Dark Knight Pops as well.

singerguy04

Postby singerguy04 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:16 am

frostiebear wrote:If anyone has any insight to B&M stores where to look in the chicagoland area would be helpful. (besides Barnes and Noble)

Hi! Welcome to the board!

I'm also from sorta near Chicago (DeKalb to be exact), and to honest they haven't really seemed to hit our area that well yet. I have yet to find a single B&M comic shop that sells them or even really knows what they are. Some great places I have found them were....

Hot Topic - Some series 1 Disney, Horror Movies, Series 1 DC, V for Vendetta, and Gir (store exclusive)
Journeys - Halo, Star Wars, DC
Disney Store - Newest Disney Series, Gurnee Mall has an outlet that sells some older series for cheap, $6.99 last I was there
Fry's Electronics in Downer's Grove - Rocks, Holiday, Disney S1, TDKR, Star Wars, Spiderman
Target - I've only found whatever the newest Marvel film is. Right now they only seem to have Spiderman.
GameStop - they get the newest movie ones only it seems, right now TDKR and Spidey

Different Barnes and Noble have different stock. I've found all the Uglydoll pops at the store in Rockford, The Beatles and Kiss at the store in Oakbrook mall. The key for more variety seems to be to look for the larger locations. If you check their website and the location features a toy section you'll find more pops.

Another nice option could be Murtz Comics. They are an online Comic store but the owner is great and has let me pick up Pop's from him in person. He's based near Downer's Grove. He has also had some luck getting Chases recently! He buys them from himself and ups the charge, but he sold me a Superman Chase for a pretty fair price since the box was damaged.

I hope all that helps! If you find any good places in the area please share, maybe together we can divide and conquer Chicagoland! haha!
I'm Jeffrey!
IN SEARCH OF: SDCC '15 - Rapunzel w/Frying Pan, Flame Anger, Both Baymax, Regina
NYCC '15 - Blue Mater, Flocked Stitch

singerguy04

Postby singerguy04 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:21 am

mstrbrghtside wrote:Hi everyone I'm new to this whole Pop! Thing and wanted to know of the best resources for getting figures? Best online sources (besides eBay). And if anyone can tell me of any brick and mortar stores that might sell them. I live in salt lake city Utah if that helps at all. Thanks in advance I'm excited to be part of this community and collect with everyone.

I meant to welcome you too! lol

I'm sure that if you have any of the stores I listed above for the Chicago area, you could find some luck too!

I purchase a lot of my basic Pop through Amazon where I have a Prime membership, so I have free 2-day shipping. Amazon can be a bit risky though because sometimes packing sucks, however I'm not going to complain over free 2-day shipping and pops that cost me less than $10.
I'm Jeffrey!
IN SEARCH OF: SDCC '15 - Rapunzel w/Frying Pan, Flame Anger, Both Baymax, Regina

frostiebear

Funko Pop! Retailers?

Postby frostiebear » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:43 am

Thanks for all the info! Funny thing that you're in Dekalb, my brother is in his masters program at Northern currently. Looks like I will continue to hunt the big B & N stores. The one in Schaumburg was pretty decent as far as stock goes. I have gone to a few other ones where there is very few if any. I know i have seen pictures of entire end caps of them at a B. & N, just havent found that yet. Gone to multiple comic shops in the city, finding a few here and there but not much. I have been meaning to hit up Woodfield mall to check the stores that pops have been found. Also, I saw you left Wallgreens off the list. I have gone to about 15 different ones, you can find movie and star wars pops there. Anyone have luck at Toys R Us?

Hopefully one day I can find a chase in the wild. :)

Shavedcrx

Postby Shavedcrx » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:49 am

I still haven't found a chase in wild. Stopped looking as aggressively. Its going to be harder to find but I'm still hopeful.
Chris
ISO: Kylo Ren and Wreck it Ralph Protos

blade2025

Postby blade2025 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:53 am

Welcome to the board, mrbrghtside. Enjoy and have fun.
I'm Matson.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

singerguy04

Postby singerguy04 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:57 am

I have never found Pop at Wallgreens before. When the Avengers Pop first came our I found them in Toy's R Us.

The only B & N that have the end caps are the ones with large toy sections. In the west suburbs those stores are Geneva, Schaumburg, Deer Park, Bolingbrook, Oakbrook, Joliet, and Skokie.
I'm Jeffrey!

mstrbrghtside

Postby mstrbrghtside » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:40 pm

That's so crazy, all these stores carry them and I've never seen them before. Thanks again everyone I'm gonna go hit up fye today my sister said she saw a mike wazowski there a few days ago hopefully it's still there people want a ton of money on eBay for him. Wish me luck. And thanks again to everyone.

POP&lock

Postby POP&lock » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:02 pm

welcome and good luck
Current count over 3000! I love Count Chocula! Currently trying to aquire all things count related.
Instagrams: kronic_funko_bulbasaur
:freddy1: Original Funko FunKlub #1188
Image Image

frostiebear

Postby frostiebear » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:27 pm

Crazy that you have never seen a POP at a Walgreens. Like 9 of 10 that I go into have them, it many not be many but some are there. Mainly SW and Avengers currently, I actually found a Han Solo at a Walgreens :). I have been to the B & N in Schaumburg a few times, I will need to check out some of the others that you listed. Right now I need to recoupe funds from Fundays and SDCC : /

HiMyNameIsSean
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby HiMyNameIsSean » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:48 am

Yeah every Walgreens Ive been to has them around my area, Barnes and Nobles around here all have basically the same ones as each other, I need to venture further out haha
Hi My Name Is Sean!

hughie1987

Postby hughie1987 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:22 pm

Any other stores that carry them?
My names Russell and I made my sig :)

gruppetstudios

Postby gruppetstudios » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:26 pm

I'm the Gruppeteer! I host Cartoons VS Cancer! I like Pokemon a LOT!
(The portraits in the top left and right corners were done by Rob Renzetti and Mr. Warburton respectively!)

bathtub-tigers

Postby bathtub-tigers » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:01 am

I've found them at Books A Million before

cooldemigod

Postby cooldemigod » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:57 pm

frostiebear wrote:Thanks for all the info! Funny thing that you're in Dekalb, my brother is in his masters program at Northern currently. Looks like I will continue to hunt the big B & N stores. The one in Schaumburg was pretty decent as far as stock goes. I have gone to a few other ones where there is very few if any. I know i have seen pictures of entire end caps of them at a B. & N, just havent found that yet. Gone to multiple comic shops in the city, finding a few here and there but not much. I have been meaning to hit up Woodfield mall to check the stores that pops have been found. Also, I saw you left Wallgreens off the list. I have gone to about 15 different ones, you can find movie and star wars pops there. Anyone have luck at Toys R Us?

Hopefully one day I can find a chase in the wild. :)

The one in North Riverside has some and so does the one in Gurnee. I haven't been into the one on Golf RD for a while but I would think they will have some. Also some Books A Million have some but they usually up the prices for exclusives,
My Name's Josh! and I'm mainly here only to stalk the boards. Interests: Theater (Mainly Musical Theater) Hit me up about it, I can talk about it all day!

ImageImage

Classier

Postby Classier » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:04 pm

I would reccomend going to Hot Topic, Toys R Us, or your local Comic store. Those places seem to have the highest variety of Pops.

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:16 am

Your best bet would be ThinkGeek, which has a massive amount of Pops. The one in my area does.
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

Return to “Pop!”