Question about Muppets three pack

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Question about Muppets three pack

Postby NightmareMermaid » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:37 pm

Why are there two Snowths that look exactly the same in this pack? I've been wondering this for a while and just haven't been able to figure it out. :-k I watched the Muppets when I was a kid, but that was a while ago now so my recollection of the show isn't that great.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

alittleweird

Re: Question about Muppets three pack

Postby alittleweird » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:45 pm

I was confused about that too at first, but that's how they were presented on the Muppet Show in a classic skit. Two Snowths and Mahna Mahna.

[youtube]wM89T74MPnE[/youtube]
Hi, my name is Erika!

singerguy04

Postby singerguy04 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:47 pm

I was just working on answering that lol! Beat me to it.
I'm Jeffrey!
IN SEARCH OF: SDCC '15 - Rapunzel w/Frying Pan, Flame Anger, Both Baymax, Regina
NYCC '15 - Blue Mater, Flocked Stitch

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:52 pm

Thanks. I figured it had something to do with that, but like I said I haven't seen this show in a long time. I'm not even sure that I watched it very much as a kid. I think I watched Sesame Street a lot more.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

alittleweird

Postby alittleweird » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:01 pm

It's okay singerguy, I don't have a life, so I'm on it. lol

I watched Sesame Street more as a kid too, but that song was one of the things I didn't know I knew until I looked it up. Oh the things that imprint on your brain.
Hi, my name is Erika!

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:05 pm

alittleweird wrote:It's okay singerguy, I don't have a life, so I'm on it. lol

I watched Sesame Street more as a kid too, but that song was one of the things I didn't know I knew until I looked it up. Oh the things that imprint on your brain.

Tell me about it. Things randomly pop into my brain all the time that I haven't thought about for years and I'm like, "Where did that come from?". :-k
Marie
#PartOfYourWorld

singerguy04

Postby singerguy04 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:35 pm

I think the only reason why I ever remembered the song at all is because Mahna Mahna and the Snowths appear at the end of the new movie during the credits.

I remember watching re-runs with my step-sister and grandma at her house. My mom doesn't like The Muppets so they weren't a big part of the household entertainment while I was growing up. My Grandma on the other hand loved them. She's also the one who introduced me to British Comedies like Monty Python's Flying Circus, Keeping Up Appearances, and Mr. Bean. It was always a treat visiting her apartment. Now she lives with my dad, and has gotten a lot more batty. It's just not what it used to be.
I'm Jeffrey!
IN SEARCH OF: SDCC '15 - Rapunzel w/Frying Pan, Flame Anger, Both Baymax, Regina
NYCC '15 - Blue Mater, Flocked Stitch

POP&lock

Postby POP&lock » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:23 pm

gotta love the muppets
Current count over 3000! I love Count Chocula! Currently trying to aquire all things count related.
Instagrams: kronic_funko_bulbasaur
:freddy1: Original Funko FunKlub #1188
Image Image

LakeBender

Postby LakeBender » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:26 am

Thank you for that link Wierd. I can rememebr sitting down at night with my parents and watching the Muppet Show. I came on a 7:00 and I was always so excited to see it. Watching hat brought a smile to my face.

Thanks again!
Just call me Joe.

Most Wanted: Freddy Pop! 2011 -12 piece ones except Monkey

alittleweird

Postby alittleweird » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:41 am

Aw, you're welcome Joe! I'm glad that the link brought back some fond memories. :iconbiggrin:

All throughout my life I wondered idly why I heard that song in my head when I said the word 'phenomenon'. I didn't connect it to the Muppets until I was looking was looking up the song on Wikipedia and saw that there had been a skit where the Snowths sang every time Kermit said 'phenomenom'. This explains so much! lol
Hi, my name is Erika!

Return to “Pop!”