Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Freddy 00... too much hype...

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
batmanfunatic92

Postby batmanfunatic92 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:10 pm

Just reminds me of Loki, except it's more pricey. There are tons of them on ebay at any given time, and pretty available on the boards, but they are pricey. People are expecting some unrealistic trades too for this pop. I understand, it's an amazing piece AND it's Freddy. It's also the Freddy that many people had been asking to be made since Pops grew to the monster they are now! :devil: But, I still think the only reason they are as pricey as they are is because of the hype we as funatics gave the piece when we saw the photos. Otherwise, it would be in the $65-70 range with the other 1/96... because we can "assume" that the production number is in that area OR larger.

Do you think the price will go up or down? I think it will stabilize at $120-150ish, but once again, only because the hype we gave it. Can't help but feel that these should be going for much less.

And no, I am not saying that people shouldn't sell them for what they want, because it is their figure afterall to do whatever they please, and I have no problem with that.

Shiggity30

Re: Freddy 00... too much hype...

Postby Shiggity30 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:15 pm

I think it's the first Freddy pop and everybody wants one. And because we don't know how many there are we are willing to pay a little bit more than normal. I think they are fair prices considering how much the B/W is going for!
Jeffery

sclarke03
Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Postby sclarke03 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Well when supply increases, and demand drops...prices will drop. The thing about these Freddys is at this point, I don't think anyone knows for sure how many there are...or most importantly, if any more will be made.

I don't think this is anyway comparable to the Loki thing. There were thousands of Lokis produced and distributed throughout the world. 00 Freddy was only given away at Fun Days, and for now at least, was produced in a significantly smaller quantity.
Steve

WANTED: Purple Tuxedo Freddy!!!!

mindblowin02
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby mindblowin02 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:26 pm

No, I'm pretty sure this is a 98 or maybe a 125 or 148 run, just without the sticker, which happens

A run of 98 first ever Freddy POP, that is cool is going to maintain its "hype" and value amongst collectors.

Until we know for sure it's 98 the market will be speculative, and prices will vary widly, but it is very limited compared to the lo Loki. There were at least 3,000 to 5,000 Lokis made, and probably more like at least 10,000 to 15,000.

POP&lock

Postby POP&lock » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:27 pm

I think the piece is worth it but thats me.I love Freddy POPs. but to someone else, I can see how you could think its a pretty high price to pay.So I guess the price is determined by how much it is worth to the collector who is buying it.
Current count over 3000! I love Count Chocula! Currently trying to aquire all things count related.
Instagrams: kronic_funko_bulbasaur
:freddy1: Original Funko FunKlub #1188
Image Image

batmanfunatic92

Postby batmanfunatic92 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:27 pm

I just wrote this whole little spiel, but it got erased :( so I'll sum it up.

To be fair, Marvel has a much LARGER fan base than Freddy Funko. There are also a lot of people who collect different Funko lines, but do not collect Freddy pieces. They either find them too pricey, or simply have no connection or interest in the Mascot, so I do think it's comparable in numbers. But, I guess we just really won't know what is to come until we find out if 1) is it a LE production and @ what number? or 2) will this be available in the future for a revamped Fun Klub membership

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:35 pm

I don't even remember how these were given out at fundays, I think I caught mine after it deflected off of someone hands in front of me. I think these might have been prize patrol hand outs unlike the 1/96 freddys which everyone had, not everyone is the room at fundays got an original Freddy.
2012 Rookie of the Year

singerguy04

Postby singerguy04 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:42 pm

I would love if this Freddy Pop was made available is some other way in the future. Maybe he can be a special event item, but appers in new colors and so on to maintain each releases individuality. I just want more chances to get the piece myself without paying more than $100. It's just really hard for me to justify paying that much for one piece alone.
I'm Jeffrey!
IN SEARCH OF: SDCC '15 - Rapunzel w/Frying Pan, Flame Anger, Both Baymax, Regina
NYCC '15 - Blue Mater, Flocked Stitch

mindblowin02

Postby mindblowin02 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:48 pm

I would take in consideration that I don't believe an open run / non limited item has ever been given out at Fundays.

This would be the first to my knowledge.

As far as collectors go, you still have a diverse and large amount of collectors who could be potentially interested in having this Freddy in their collections.

That said, if you want one, get one. If you don't, don't get one.

If you you want to wait and see if the prices drop, great, they might.

Or they might just be starting to increase. Who knows.

No one expected the Loki to go as high as it did, it did so because it's a short run compared to other pops, it being an early pop, completest collectors wanted it, and it is a pretty cool design.

But it's Loki, anyone that is a marvel collector or reader can tell you Loki isn't a character you would probably put in the top 10 or maybe even 20 marvel villains. It's not one you would expect collectors to have to have.

mindblowin02

Postby mindblowin02 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:51 pm

singerguy04 wrote:I would love if this Freddy Pop was made available is some other way in the future. Maybe he can be a special event item, but appers in new colors and so on to maintain each releases individuality. I just want more chances to get the piece myself without paying more than $100. It's just really hard for me to justify paying that much for one piece alone.

There will be more Freddy pops I'm sure, maybe different colors or even a different design.

POP&lock

Postby POP&lock » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:58 pm

singerguy04 wrote:I would love if this Freddy Pop was made available is some other way in the future. Maybe he can be a special event item, but appers in new colors and so on to maintain each releases individuality. I just want more chances to get the piece myself without paying more than $100. It's just really hard for me to justify paying that much for one piece alone.

I like the different color idea
Current count over 3000! I love Count Chocula! Currently trying to aquire all things count related.
Image Image

batmanfunatic92

Postby batmanfunatic92 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:00 pm

Yeah, different colors would be cool. If that was the case, then I'd snatch this one up @ $120.

glowfunkofreak
HoF 2007 & Spirit
HoF 2007 & Spirit
Location: the other side of the rainbow .. where everything GLOWS !!

Postby glowfunkofreak » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:02 pm

Can we all please stop whining .. ??

Your like comparing the Great Wall of China .. to a Chain Link fence around your neighbors house sometimes.

It is what it is right now .. you have to have patience.

Ask Marvel your questions about there products .. see what kind of answer they give you.

The Freddy 00 was given to Platinum Card members ..the B/W Freddy 00 was given to Hall of Fame members.

If anyone got one of either by the prize patrol consider yourself very very lucky.

I'm not trying to pick on anyone in particular .. but there are conversations here .. discussions here .. and then there are whining and b**** sessions. I have been part of all three .. so I know.

Get a grip people* .. focus on something you can do something about. Either being there next year to get your own Freddy's .. or start drinking heavily.

* this message brought to you by a member in good standing of the IHPP !!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Once a FUNATIC a FUNATIC for LIFE

It's ALL about the FUN
WEBSITE - http://justanotherfunkoobserver.com/

POP&lock

Postby POP&lock » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:05 pm

well said sir
Image Image

glowfunkofreak
HoF 2007 & Spirit
HoF 2007 & Spirit

Postby glowfunkofreak » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:07 pm

The Freddy 00 was given to Platinum Card members ..the B/W Freddy 00 was given to Hall of Fame members.

If anyone got one of either by the prize patrol consider yourself very very lucky.

BTW .. as far as the Color Freddy 00 .. I personally saw people go up to get these that weren't Platinum Card holders. You know who you are .. and I'll be watching you !! [-X

If I upset anyone ... GOOD .. think before you post sometimes. You'll be a step above me then .. :razz:

It's ALL about the FUN

sclarke03

Postby sclarke03 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:11 pm

glowfunkofreak wrote:BTW .. as far as the Color Freddy 00 .. I personally saw people go up to get these that weren't Platinum Card holders. You know who you are .. and I'll be watching you !! [-X

This happened at my table, which sincerely p*** me off.
Steve

WANTED: Purple Tuxedo Freddy!!!!

sophie_dee11

Postby sophie_dee11 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Haha I just look at things as if I can afford them or not. If I can and am willing to pay it, I'll buy it. If not, I pretend it doesn't exist or try to get it for what I can afford. If I can't get it, I wipe it from my mind forever unless a good deal shows up one day! Haha.

POP&lock

Postby POP&lock » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:12 pm

They just asked people to come up and grab them.I figured they had a list
Image Image

batmanfunatic92

Postby batmanfunatic92 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:13 pm

This is a discussion Ron, if you don't like what you read, please don't take part in the conversation or contribute if you see it as whinning.

As said before, I think our hype drove the price up on this piece, and that's all I was getting at. I hope to see it or another version released later. That would be awesome.

Shiggity30

Postby Shiggity30 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:18 pm

We got ours thrown to us. At the very end of the night, think they were extras. I know we didnt walk up there! But I did see a ton of people go up when he said platinum members. I don't know how many platinum members there are though!
Jeffery

batmanfunatic92

Postby batmanfunatic92 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:26 pm

sophie_dee11 wrote:Haha I just look at things as if I can afford them or not. If I can and am willing to pay it, I'll buy it. If not, I pretend it doesn't exist or try to get it for what I can afford. If I can't get it, I wipe it from my mind forever unless a good deal shows up one day! Haha.

I need to get one of the MIB mind eraser things :D That would be ideal haha

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:27 pm

Yea I caught mine off a deflection, which makes him even more awesome! Felt like I just got a game winning touchdown! Except I didn't spike him!

Thanks for the info Ron, I didn't remember at all how these were given out.
2012 Rookie of the Year

POP&lock

Postby POP&lock » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:28 pm

sounds like crazy fun.I can't wait
Image Image

sophie_dee11

Postby sophie_dee11 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:28 pm

batmanfunatic92 wrote:
sophie_dee11 wrote:Haha I just look at things as if I can afford them or not. If I can and am willing to pay it, I'll buy it. If not, I pretend it doesn't exist or try to get it for what I can afford. If I can't get it, I wipe it from my mind forever unless a good deal shows up one day! Haha.

I need to get one of the MIB mind eraser things :D That would be ideal haha

It would come in handy! Much easier than trying to ignore their existence haha

glowfunkofreak
HoF 2007 & Spirit
HoF 2007 & Spirit

Postby glowfunkofreak » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:28 pm

See your trying to take it personal ..
If you don't like the responses you get .. then maybe you need to word your posts differently.

Especially when your the person starting/continuing the so called "Hype" as you put it.

Loki is to Marvel .. is not what Freddy is to Funko.

I'd be really surprised to see many trades for either of these .. maybe the flippers that don't care about a Freddy Funko POP! .. except for what money it will bring .. or how many other POP! pieces they can get for them .. but that's it.

If you collect Funko .. you have Freddy's .. if you just collect POP! you might not care about Freddy .. you care about POP!s .. whatever everyone collects there own way.

There will be plenty of different versions of Freddy's made, I can guaren-damn-tee it !!

It's ALL about the FUN

glowfunkofreak
HoF 2007 & Spirit
HoF 2007 & Spirit

Postby glowfunkofreak » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:30 pm

Shiggity30 wrote:We got ours thrown to us. At the very end of the night, think they were extras. I know we didnt walk up there! But I did see a ton of people go up when he said platinum members. I don't know how many platinum members there are though!

Again .. you got very very lucky .. that happens at a Funday's !!

Enjoy that Freddy !! :thumbsup:

It's ALL about the FUN

batmanfunatic92

Postby batmanfunatic92 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:33 pm

glowfunkofreak wrote:See your trying to take it personal ..
If you don't like the responses you get .. then maybe you need to word your posts differently.

Especially when your the person starting/continuing the so called "Hype" as you put it.

Loki is to Marvel .. is not what Freddy is to Funko.

I'd be really surprised to see many trades for either of these .. maybe the flippers that don't care about a Freddy Funko POP! .. except for what money it will bring .. or how many other POP! pieces they can get for them .. but that's it.

If you collect Funko .. you have Freddy's .. if you just collect POP! you might not care about Freddy .. you care about POP!s .. whatever everyone collects there own way.

There will be plenty of different versions of Freddy's made, I can guaren-damn-tee it !!

Well, I made a trade for one, so I will have him soon. Just wish everyone could get one, but I know that's how we all feel :) and LE truly can make a piece that much more special. When you know how lucky you are to own a limited item.

Can't wait to see what the future may hold for this little guy. Different color plaid shirts would be a welcomed sight :)

Shiggity30

Postby Shiggity30 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:34 pm

glowfunkofreak wrote:
Shiggity30 wrote:We got ours thrown to us. At the very end of the night, think they were extras. I know we didnt walk up there! But I did see a ton of people go up when he said platinum members. I don't know how many platinum members there are though!

Again .. you got very very lucky .. that happens at a Funday's !!

Enjoy that Freddy !! :thumbsup:

Hes not going anywhere, I can guarantee that too! Thanks Ron.
Jeffery

batmanfunatic92

Postby batmanfunatic92 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:Yea I caught mine off a deflection, which makes him even more awesome! Felt like I just got a game winning touchdown! Except I didn't spike him!

Thanks for the info Ron, I didn't remember at all how these were given out.

If you didn't spike him, you should have atleast did a end zone victory dance ;)

glowfunkofreak
HoF 2007 & Spirit
HoF 2007 & Spirit

Postby glowfunkofreak » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:46 pm

Just have patience peeps .. these Freddy's are only 8 days old .. Some of us waited/searched for our grail items for 10 years.

It's ALL about the FUN

Meth68

Postby Meth68 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:54 pm

Its a gamble buying a toy with no print run. There could be 48 96 of these making the $80-150 a decent deal. Or they could be producing more as we speak making the $80-150 a suckers buy. If you have yo have one, but it with no regrets. Its an awesome looking piece. If you don't have to have one, wait it out and maybe catch a deal down the road.
Vinny
Mainly collecting Freddy's now. :freddy2:

jedividkidd

Postby jedividkidd » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:58 pm

I too got a 00 freddy by catching one. Was really excited for it. It goes perfect with my 1/9u6 freddy funday set. :compress:
Funko Events I've attended
"Making Fun - The Story of Funko" World Premiere!
Funko Fundays - 2012-2013-2014-2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Some favorite items:
Super Showgun Boba Fett Prototype & ROTJ
SDCC 2014 POP! Freddy Funko Boba Fett
Celebration Europe 2013 POP! Boba Fett (Droids)
Wacky Wobbler Bobble Banks Freddy Funko (Boba Fett) PROTOTYPE
b]Major Cons attended:[/b]
SDCC 2016-2018, 2024
LACC 2013,2016-2019,2021

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:01 pm

glowfunkofreak wrote:Just have patience peeps .. these Freddy's are only 8 days old .. Some of us waited/searched for our grail items for 10 years.

What is this 'patience' thing you speak of? I'm a newer Funko collector and have no clue what you're talking about. Was it given out at Fundays? Is it a 12, 48 or 96? I'm a little worried since I haven't seen it on eBay or in the trade section yet.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:15 pm

Mine was handed to me by a little blind girl part of the prize patrol. Someone said it may have been Brian's daughter. I was very excited.
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

mindblowin02

Postby mindblowin02 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:16 pm

I'll trade you a patience, send me a 48' any 48 will do, and I'll send you the ultra rare patience

Sometime later, you'll have to wait for it though

singerguy04

Postby singerguy04 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:20 pm

Gee wiz, I hope I don't sound like I was whining! My thoughts are just mostly that he's a great piece and that I hope that when I go to future events (which I definitely plan on doing now) he may be available in some shape or form as a pop. I'm pretty sure given his popularity among our population that his reappearance is a given.
I'm Jeffrey!
IN SEARCH OF: SDCC '15 - Rapunzel w/Frying Pan, Flame Anger, Both Baymax, Regina
NYCC '15 - Blue Mater, Flocked Stitch

batmanfunatic92

Postby batmanfunatic92 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:39 pm

singerguy04 wrote:Gee wiz, I hope I don't sound like I was whining! My thoughts are just mostly that he's a great piece and that I hope that when I go to future events (which I definitely plan on doing now) he may be available in some shape or form as a pop. I'm pretty sure given his popularity among our population that his reappearance is a given.

He's just a little bitter for some reason :) I think he needs a hug.

I do hope we see this little guy again though. Only time will tell \:D/

lucky19

Postby lucky19 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:42 pm

FunkoNewb wrote:Mine was handed to me by a little blind girl part of the prize patrol. Someone said it may have been Brian's daughter. I was very excited.

Whaaa?? The little girl was indeed Brians daughter handing them out. Is she blind??

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:45 pm

Haha
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

Squird

Postby Squird » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:03 pm

I got mine off one of the prize patrol people at the end of the night. Definitely the coolest of the Freddy Pops. I think it will be a piece that people will want to have in their Funko/Pop collections and will always have some value, long after everyone's given their Lokis away.

If you want one, you know the drill. Set a price you're willing to pay and stick to your guns.

I know of several collectors (me included) that have waited for years to get their grails. And with that in mind, a big thank you to Ron for the Gray Haired Beatnik. He made the trip home and sits safely with his brothers.
Funklub: 11181

Return to “Pop!”