What if: LE Disney Store Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
singerguy04

Postby singerguy04 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:29 am

I mentioned this in another thread, but I was wondering what they rest of you would think about this concept.

The Disney Store typically has a number of exclusive products come out throughout the year that has to do with special events occurring with the company. My thought is, why couldn't they also add some Pops in the mix! What would they be if they did? What are some you'd like to see?

Given the Disney Pop's popularity at SDCC, I would only assume this would be a great idea for both companies.

An example of what I would like to see is what they have done with each princess movie coming out. They've offered an 18" Limited Edition Doll for each Heroin (and sometimes villain) that's been released since Snow White's last Blu-ray release. My mom has been collecting the princesses as so far has Snow White, Tiana, Belle, Rapunzel, Alice (not technically a princess), Merida, and Cinderella (on pre-order). Snow White and Tiana came with their movies but as time went on they stopped running that deal.

Wouldn't it be awesome to get Special Limited Editions of Pop's at The Disney Store to coincide with these type of releases? I would love to see a 9" Pop for each Princess or lead character released with each Diamond Edition Blu-ray! Imagine a 9" Metallic Cinderella this fall, or a Captain Hook when Peter Pan comes out, a Cruella when 101 Dalmatians, ect.
I'm Jeffrey!
IN SEARCH OF: SDCC '15 - Rapunzel w/Frying Pan, Flame Anger, Both Baymax, Regina
NYCC '15 - Blue Mater, Flocked Stitch

Silverwild

Re: What if: LE Disney Store Pops

Postby Silverwild » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:13 am

I would like to see princess and prince sets. There's already a Beast, so they could have a set of Belle with Adam :)

Or maybe special holiday editions of specific characters. Like a Pumpkin King version of Jack Skellington during Halloween and a Santa Jack during Christmas.
Earthlings call me Katie!

Wishing for;
SDCC Loki
GITD Boo Berry
Bloody Leatherface (for my sister).

Justicewarrior88
Location: The stars at night are big and bright, (ClapClapClapClap) Deep in the heart of Texas!

Postby Justicewarrior88 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:30 am

Silverwild wrote:Or maybe special holiday editions of specific characters. Like a Pumpkin King version of Jack Skellington during Halloween and a Santa Jack during Christmas.

EPIC idea!!!!!
-Justin-

Shorty57

Postby Shorty57 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:43 am

Justicewarrior88 wrote:
Silverwild wrote:Or maybe special holiday editions of specific characters. Like a Pumpkin King version of Jack Skellington during Halloween and a Santa Jack during Christmas.

EPIC idea!!!!!

I agree!!

miyella

Postby miyella » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:59 am

us disney fans would be all over this idea, i know i am
My name is Mia, and I like warm hugs.

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:07 am

Pops are not for everyone. Dolls are more acceptable with Princess videos releases I would think. Maybe with videos that are not Disney Princess movies though.
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:37 am

I would really like to see LE done for the Disny Store. IMO it would be better than having exclusive rights to sell Pop!s for the first few months. I want to see a glow Pumpkin King Jack as well as a three pack of Lock, Shock, and Barrel for Halloween. For Christmas I'd like to see a flocked (just his Santa suit and hat) Sandy Claws Jack as well as Santa Claus. I'm not sure about the 9" princesses. I'd rather see 9" versions of Dragon Maleficent, Ursula wearing King Triton's crown and holding his trident, snake Jafar, hag Evil Queen, Oogie Boogie with the bugs crawling out of his mouth, etc.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

shogunjlips

Postby shogunjlips » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:41 am

I'd rather see more regular characters introduced than any types of special editions.

There are SO many we're all waiting/hoping for.
all the hits, all the time

sclarke03
Hall of Fame Class of 2015
Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Postby sclarke03 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:57 am

I'm ok with waiting until SDCC and D23 for Disney special editions.
Steve

WANTED: Purple Tuxedo Freddy!!!!

HobieWanKenobi
Hall of Fame Class of 2017
Hall of Fame Class of 2017

Postby HobieWanKenobi » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:39 pm

sclarke03 wrote:I'm ok with waiting until SDCC and D23 for Disney special editions.

Me too.

Like Syndrome said, "when everyone's super...no one will be."

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:01 pm

Kinda always felt that attaching LE to something Disney is like a magnet for flippers. The Disney pop line is an exclusive line to the Disney store, and I think that works pretty well. Also, if they started doing Disney Store LEs, it opens the door to Disneyland/World only exclusives. Maybe once the Disney line runs its course, they will do something like this, but for now I would like to keep things the way they are.

I can't imagine DS.com trying to ship 9 inch pops, could be a nightmare, I have seen how some of the 9 inch vinylmations looked after shipping.
2012 Rookie of the Year

yellowrice
HoF 2014 & Spirit
HoF 2014 & Spirit

Postby yellowrice » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:21 pm

I totally agree with Eddie. LE just for stores could lead to just In-Park only exclusives which makes it harder to collect and leads to inflated prices on Ebay. Not that I collect Vinylmations, but I think they have ones that are LE to Japan Disney, Disney Cruise line and even to Castmates. I would leave LE to conventions, I rather have something more available so that everyone can share in it.
James
Suit up! For tonight is going to be Legend... wait for it...

POP&lock

Postby POP&lock » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:34 pm

Justicewarrior88 wrote:

EPIC idea!!!!!

I'm loving this ides.where do I sign up?
Current count over 3000! I love Count Chocula! Currently trying to aquire all things count related.
Instagrams: kronic_funko_bulbasaur
:freddy1: Original Funko FunKlub #1188
Image Image

FunkoH

Postby FunkoH » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:38 pm

I'd love to have them, but seeing how much Disney likes to charge for 9 inch vinylmations, I'd be afraid of the price tag for these...especially if they decided to release them as a set with the DVDs/blurays.
Heili aka FunkoH

Return to “Pop!”