IF....

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
gruppetstudios

IF....

Postby gruppetstudios » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:29 am

Funko makes a, say, Dr. Evil wacky wobbler, is there a good chance of it becoming a pop or vise versa?
I'm the Gruppeteer! I host Cartoons VS Cancer! I like Pokemon a LOT!
(The portraits in the top left and right corners were done by Rob Renzetti and Mr. Warburton respectively!)

haydenstorm
Hall of Fame Class of 2021
Hall of Fame Class of 2021

Re: IF....

Postby haydenstorm » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:43 am

I would say maybe
John
Proud host of F.D.O. 6 ,and F.D.O. 7, F.D.O.8

Joker_Heath

Postby Joker_Heath » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:10 am

They've been making Austin Powers stuff for a while.....you'd think if it were really popular (making big cash) they'd have already made Pop versions....unless there's a rights issue.

But I'm guessing your question wasn't completely Austin Powers specific. They have other wobbler characters that haven't been Pop'd yet too.
Names Michael....hi :smt006

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:13 am

Joker_Heath wrote:They've been making Austin Powers stuff for a while.....you'd think if it were really popular (making big cash) they'd have already made Pop versions....unless there's a rights issue.

But I'm guessing your question wasn't completely Austin Powers specific. They have other wobbler characters that haven't been Pop'd yet too.

This is very true. There's SO many more wobblers than POPs. Transformers, presidents, classic Universal Monsters, Chuck Norris, South Park, various other characters from things that do have a few POPs (like Nightmare Before Christmas) The list could go on and on.
POPs have such a specific style not everything translates into. I'm sure there's licensing issues on some of those as well. And I imagine if they've already got it as a Wobbler it has to pay its rent as that before being considered a POP.
And just as a request, could you please be a little more descriptive in your thread titles? Almost skipped right over this one...And it'd help out people in the future who are looking for stuff. (and yeah I'm picking but I can't stand vague titles!) Thanks!
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

Return to “Pop!”