Kingdom Hearts

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Kingdom Hearts

Postby Battastic » Fri May 17, 2013 8:50 am

I am not sure if this topic has already come up or not.
I know many people (like myself) loved the Kingdom Hearts games. It would be awesome to see some of the characters in POP! or mystery mini form! Disney owns the rights to most of the characters from the games (minus the FF characters). Since Funko has the Disney license, this should be an easy rollout right? A few of the characters already have POP! figures, but the Kingdom Heart versions would be spectacular! Not to mention that Sora alone would have so many exclusive options from different key blades to different costumes. Sora, Donald, and Goofy changed costumes in differnt levels (underwater, Halloween Town, the pirates level, the Tron level, the Lion King level) and Mickey had multiple costumes as well. This could make for a long running line.
What do you guys think.
Last edited by Battastic on Fri May 17, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

Betseygirl

Re: Kingdom Hearts

Postby Betseygirl » Fri May 17, 2013 9:58 am

I've always wanted them. I hope that funko would consider them one day.
Sam, the crazy lady

Justicewarrior88
Location: The stars at night are big and bright, (ClapClapClapClap) Deep in the heart of Texas!

Postby Justicewarrior88 » Fri May 17, 2013 10:08 am

I know my wife would be all for some more Disney pieces!!
-Justin-

Shorty57

Kingdom Hearts

Postby Shorty57 » Fri May 17, 2013 10:13 am

Justicewarrior88 wrote:I know my wife would be all for some more Disney pieces!!

Yes! Absolutely!! :D

dxgirly

Postby dxgirly » Fri May 17, 2013 12:49 pm

I've definitely wanted these as well.
Hey, I'm Nikki! <3[/b]

Roo

Postby Roo » Fri May 17, 2013 12:51 pm

I would want them all ;A;

That's actually a very good point to make. One of the greatest things about KH was the different outfits and variations to Sora's character that he goes through.

I have a mighty need xD

yoshi

Postby yoshi » Fri May 17, 2013 1:12 pm

Battastic wrote: Since Funko has the Disney liscence, this should be an easy rollout right?.

Easy, except your dealing with Disney. I'm pretty sure that funko only has license to make the characters that are currently out, in the form(s) that they have been released. If they want something new, they need to apply/fight for the ability to make those new characters/variants. I highly doubt disney would ever give anyone the ability to "make any characters you want" type of agreement.
Given the fact that funko is currently someone that is working with disney it made make it an easier time. Still not easy. Just look at how hard Brian had to fight to get a re-release of Wreck-it-Ralph. A piece disney already agreed to.
and unfortunately, funko needs disney far more than disney would need funko. So that puts brian in a tough situation.
Here's to hoping though. I certainly would love KH pieces. So many variants are possible, it would be awesome.
GL Total:63
Proto:12
Custom:23
Care Bears wrote:Sharing is Caring.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Fri May 17, 2013 1:33 pm

Very good point! They may have limited access to the Disney license & brands. Either way it is still something I would love to own. Here's to wishful thinking!

Maybe they could run them in limited/seasonal waves. Have the Halloween Town costume wave run in limited release or for a limit time through Gemini or some other online dealer. Same with a Tron level wave and so on. Three - Four figures per themed wave.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

Warner

Postby Warner » Fri May 17, 2013 1:37 pm

Also the rights to Sora, Riku, and Kairi might be owned by Square Enix and not Disney.
Kyle

https://instagram.com/kaier_customs/

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Fri May 17, 2013 1:41 pm

Warner wrote:Also the rights to Sora, Riku, and Kairi might be owned by Square Enix and not Disney.

No, Disney owns them. They use them in the parades at Disney from time to time. All of the new characters from Kingdom Hearts are owned by Disney. The FF characters are owned by Square. Even if the name changed for the game, they are still owned by Square.

rumblethejungle

Postby rumblethejungle » Fri May 17, 2013 3:41 pm

I'm with all of you. This is one of my top series for a Pop wishlist. Kingdom Hearts and Full Metal Alchemist are probably my top two, but like many of you have said, here's to hoping.
Jesse

Rexus

Postby Rexus » Fri May 17, 2013 3:53 pm

Kingdom Hearts is dangerous cause I would buy all of them. No question about it. Specially with all the different styles that they have
Hi! Name's Alexis
It all started with the First Avenger...Captain America!
Grails: SDCC Metallic Captain America, Comic Expo Cap, Proto Cap

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Fri May 17, 2013 5:21 pm

You know the more I think about it, the real challenge is with using the name itself, "kingdom Hearts". We have already established that Disney owns about 89% of the characters and Square Enix own the rest. But the name is shared by both parties. So to do a Kingdom Hearts line would require consent from both sides. And if that were the case, and it were approved, then Funko could work in a deal for all of the characters from both parties. Then we could also see a Final Fantasy line and more Square properties down the road.

Funko, let me know if you need a pitch-man...I've got your back! :)
Last edited by Battastic on Sat May 18, 2013 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Capt Hook

Postby Capt Hook » Fri May 17, 2013 10:51 pm

I also would like some Kingdom Hearts POP. Even Kairi in her Keyblade Pink outfit that she had in KH2. To me that was my favorite look from Kairi from the game. She was my favorite character from the game along with Demx or how ever you spell his name you know the one with the water getair from the O13.

TheStarDXR

Postby TheStarDXR » Sat May 18, 2013 2:44 pm

Battastic wrote:Very good point! They may have limited access to the Disney license & brands. Either way it is still something I would love to own. Here's to wishful thinking!

Maybe they could run them in limited/seasonal waves. Have the Halloween Town costume wave run in limited release or for a limit time through Gemini or some other online dealer. Same with a Tron level wave and so on. Three - Four figures per themed wave.

Good call. I would be ALL OVAH some Halloween Town POP!! \:D/
Like the sands through the hourglass, these are the Dales of our lives. B-)
www.youtube.com/DishingOnMovies

dxgirly

Postby dxgirly » Sat May 18, 2013 10:49 pm

Battastic wrote:You know the more I think about it, the real challenge is with using the name itself, "kingdom Hearts". We have already established that Disney owns about 89% of the characters and Square Enix own the rest. But the name is shared by both parties. So to do a Kingdom Hearts line would require consent from both sides. And if that were the case, and it were approved, then Funko could work in a deal for all of the characters from both parties. Then we could also see a Final Fantasy line and more Square properties down the road.

Funko, let me know if you need a pitch-man...I've got your back! :)

this is the reason I think it might never happen, because both parties hold ownership and Square Enix makes it's own toys/action figures, so maybe they might not want Funko to do it? I also think that's why Nintendo characters haven't been made yet. hmmmm.....
Hey, I'm Nikki! <3[/b]

sophie_dee11

Postby sophie_dee11 » Sun May 19, 2013 8:55 am

I'd buy them in a heartbeat!

cliffd64
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

Postby cliffd64 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:53 pm

According to Gamestop... Kingdom Hearts Pops arrive in March of 2017!!!!
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:55 pm

Ive seen some rumors as well. I hope we get a Sora and Rikku....
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:59 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:Ive seen some rumors as well. I hope we get a Sora and Rikku....

And Kairi!

I want all the variants with all the keyblades, too.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

cliffd64

Postby cliffd64 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:08 pm

So far the ones I've seen listed are Mickey, Donald and Goofy... but I'm sure Sora can't be too far behind... might be a Square Enix licensing issue...
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:40 am

Oh. My. Gosh. If Funko ever releases a Kingdom Hearts Pop line, I know I'd be broke even longer because I'd buy the whole set, including exclusives, on day one. My probable most fave Kingdom Hearts Pops would be Kairi, Namine, and Aqua.
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:44 am

I saw photos yesterday, not sure where they came from tbh, but it showed Donald, Goofy, and Mickey w/keyblade. They look great! No Sora though which is odd unless he just wasn't pictured.
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:28 pm

Oh my goodness I died when I saw Goofy. I love him so much!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

funko_vinz

Postby funko_vinz » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:31 pm

These were done well. I am agreeing with everyone and hoping for Sora, Rikku, and Kairi soon! I can't wait to see them.

IG: Funko_VinZ
ISO: Saint Seiya Protos
Recently acquired: Saint Seiya Pops :cheers:
2016 Fundays: Team Deadpool, 2017 Fundays: Team Hogwarts, 2018 Fundays: Team Goonies, 2019 Fundays: Team Loko Moko, 2021 Fundays: Team Funko Force

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:06 pm

I wonder if there's a licensing thing with the non-Disney characters? But they look great! I can't wait to get them all. Including Pete lol

Zippieminion

Postby Zippieminion » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:26 pm

I really like how Donald Duck turned out; and I hope we get more characters later down the line, especially a Heartless, and the members of Organization XIII.

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:16 am

If they do get to make a Sora pop, I hope they decide to make the different forms from the second game. Either as store exclusives, or chases.

Instagram: whatthefunk206

donofoblivion

Postby donofoblivion » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:14 am

I know it's unrealistic and not practical--'but who owns what?'--WHO FREAKIN CARES! Business egos getting in the way of envisioned, undeniable money makers is nonsense to me. Give the fans what they want--everybody benefits. Beyond protectionism, which translates to non-profitism, I don't see the point in not getting some high demand projects made. Kingdom Hearts would have an enormously high appeal and sale rate. Whether it's realistically practical or not, in answer to the question of "would you like to see this happen?"--the answer is "HECK YEAH!!!"
Last edited by donofoblivion on Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:26 am

donofoblivion wrote:I know it's unrealistic and not practical--'but who owns what?'--WHO FREAKIN CARES! Business egos getting in the way of envisioned, undeniable money makers is nonsense to me. Give the fans what they want--everybody benefits. Beyond protectionism, which translates to non-profitism, I don't see the point in not getting some high demand projects made. Kingdom Hearts would have an enormously high appeal and sale rate. Whether it's realistically practical or not, in answer to the question of "would you like to see this happen?"--the answer is "HECK YEA!!!"

Well, the good thing is that Disney owns everything from Kingdom Hearts except for the Final Fantasy characters.
All original characters are owned by Disney and were even included in the park parades for a short time.
There should be absolutely no issue getting the Disney characters or the original characters designed for this game.

GeekyFinds

Postby GeekyFinds » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:26 am

Battastic wrote:
donofoblivion wrote:I know it's unrealistic and not practical--'but who owns what?'--WHO FREAKIN CARES! Business egos getting in the way of envisioned, undeniable money makers is nonsense to me. Give the fans what they want--everybody benefits. Beyond protectionism, which translates to non-profitism, I don't see the point in not getting some high demand projects made. Kingdom Hearts would have an enormously high appeal and sale rate. Whether it's realistically practical or not, in answer to the question of "would you like to see this happen?"--the answer is "HECK YEA!!!"

Well, the good thing is that Disney owns everything from Kingdom Hearts except for the Final Fantasy characters.
All original characters are owned by Disney and were even included in the park parades for a short time.
There should be absolutely no issue getting the Disney characters or the original characters designed for this game.

I'm pretty sure eventually we will get all the licenses and characters we all want. No need to push everything out at once. The FF line will get done eventually and will still be popular and sought out. I am very happy to see the KH line get made and looking forward to seeing the rest when the time comes.
You can call me....Ryan :wwe5:
ImageImage

donofoblivion

Postby donofoblivion » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:42 am

Agree with general board sentiment, and most recently Battastic and GeekyFinds--especially if Funko eventually does go public (or maybe even if it doesn't). I am one that also thinks we will probably end up seeing something of these lines many of us fantasize about eventually...including some deals widely regarded as "never going to happen".

Like GF said, the truth is that most of us can't really handle them picking up the current pace and variety of production right now anyway. If any out there are like me, these last two major East and West Coast Cons almost killed me and my pocket book (my girlfriend still gives me "that look" any time anything new comes out from Funko). If the current pace and variety of production picks up any more than current then I'd have to say I would be at risk for going into Mad-Consumer Shock Overload--that dreaded condition that produces symptoms which strangely resemble Mad Cow Disease--confusion, impaired judgment, difficulty speaking and controlling ones actions, changes in one's level of consciousness--possibly progressing into a coma from nervous breakdown and sensory overload. Most don't realize it, but Funko is actually protecting us from ourselves. They know that in spite of all our desires too much too soon would ignite a public health and financial crisis. So they're carefully spacing out new lines and introductions, because they know we wouldn't be able to control ourselves. They would have a difficult time trying to explain their way out of such recklessness :)

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:29 pm

I'm a simple guy. I wanna see more come out of this line eventually. But for now....I just can't stop looking at Goofy.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:35 pm

donofoblivion wrote:Agree with general board sentiment, and most recently Battastic and GeekyFinds--especially if Funko eventually does go public (or maybe even if it doesn't). I am one that also thinks we will probably end up seeing something of these lines many of us fantasize about eventually...including some deals widely regarded as "never going to happen".

Like GF said, the truth is that most of us can't really handle them picking up the current pace and variety of production right now anyway. If any out there are like me, these last two major East and West Coast Cons almost killed me and my pocket book (my girlfriend still gives me "that look" any time anything new comes out from Funko). If the current pace and variety of production picks up any more than current then I'd have to say I would be at risk for going into Mad-Consumer Shock Overload--that dreaded condition that produces symptoms which strangely resemble Mad Cow Disease--confusion, impaired judgment, difficulty speaking and controlling ones actions, changes in one's level of consciousness--possibly progressing into a coma from nervous breakdown and sensory overload. Most don't realize it, but Funko is actually protecting us from ourselves. They know that in spite of all our desires too much too soon would ignite a public health and financial crisis. So they're carefully spacing out new lines and introductions, because they know we wouldn't be able to control ourselves. They would have a difficult time trying to explain their way out of such recklessness :)

lol
I have to agree with your statement....too much too soon. I am getting to the point where I need to take a good look at my collections and decide what must stay and what may need to go. For no other reason than just to make room for what I know I want that is coming out later.

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:56 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:I'm a simple guy. I wanna see more come out of this line eventually. But for now....I just can't stop looking at Goofy.

Goofy is a great character in the game, I want turtle Goofy from the Little Mermaid level :razz:

Instagram: whatthefunk206

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:08 pm

I saw glams of pops! I could send a link

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:11 pm

Mysterious wrote:I saw glams of pops! I could send a link

And it depends it looks ok....

GreyEyedWolfie

Postby GreyEyedWolfie » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:17 pm

I can't see them making everyone, but could you imagine if they released all the Organization XIII members? I'd love a Xigbar and Demyx
Collecting Disney POPs mainly.

Instagram: GreyEyedWolfie

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:42 pm

Spoilers ahead!
Spoiler: show
Glams were leaked of these pops
Mickey(Pop and pop keychain)
Goofy (Pop and pop keychain)
Pete
Donald Duck (HT Exclusive (Wizard)Pop, Pop, pop keychain)
Rumored there might be a Sora

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:56 pm

Im excited for this entire set (finally a pete pop :D ) I hope we get at least sora, if notkairi, and Riku as well
- tauntaunking on instagram

Return to “Pop!”