Pop Collector Issues...

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
MrAbacab

Pop Collector Issues...

Postby MrAbacab » Sat May 25, 2013 11:46 pm

Went on a roadtrip today and decided to do some Pop hunting. While in a Barnes & Noble in Hickory, NC, I found a bunch of Pops with sticker goo all over the front window. It appeared to be from stickers from what I assume was either Blockbuster, Gamestop, or somewhere other retail outlet, because I noticed B&N did not put huge stickers on their Pops. Then, when I turned the corner of the shelf I finally found the Disney mini mystery figures. My heart leapt with joy, for I have been looking for these for a while now. As I started taking the boxes, I began to notice the plastic was ripped...the boxes opened...the inner bags ripped open. SIGH...really!?!?!? Is this the norm? Is this what I have to look forward to when collecting these? Very disheartened today. Stopped collecting Hot Wheels and trading cards due to similar behavior from "collector's" that ruined it. Was hoping this would be different. [-X

On the plus side, picked up a HT Deadpool, Spider Man from the movie at a Walgreen's, and DC mysteries from a small card/comic shop!! \:D/
Last edited by MrAbacab on Sat May 25, 2013 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vegasbaby98

Re: Pop Collector Issues...

Postby vegasbaby98 » Sat May 25, 2013 11:52 pm

That stinks! I have never seen that at our B&N here in Greenville, NC. Boxes are intact in our store.
People are pathetic. :(
Rose

Funko collector since 2010
First FDO - FDO8 Baltimore

Funko items in our collection - too many to count! Favorite series - Star Wars!
ImageImage

Luna

Postby Luna » Sun May 26, 2013 12:01 am

Only thing I can think of with the goo is from old Sale or Discount stickers. As for the Mystery Boxes... sounds more like kids... with inattentive parents :mad:

OpTicDi3seL

Postby OpTicDi3seL » Sun May 26, 2013 12:06 am

That is some determination. I don't see a kid going through all that, I do however see someone looking for the rare's by just opening them. I have been trying to find the DC mini's but have had no luck.
Twitter/Instagram: @OpTicDi3seL

rymichelle

Pop Collector Issues...

Postby rymichelle » Sun May 26, 2013 12:18 am

Oh man, that would have p*** me off so badly. Sorry buddy! :(
Hi, I'm Ryan! Follow me on IG - Username: Rymichelle ;)

redhawk

Postby redhawk » Sun May 26, 2013 11:53 am

Oh man that sucks! I've never run across that kind of problem at my barnes and noble.

OpTicDi3seL wrote:That is some determination. I don't see a kid going through all that, I do however see someone looking for the rare's by just opening them. I have been trying to find the DC mini's but have had no luck.

The only place I've been able to find the DC Mini's was at Hot Topic
My Blog: http://addictedtofunko.tumblr.com/

glowfunkofreak
HoF 2007 & Spirit
HoF 2007 & Spirit
Location: the other side of the rainbow .. where everything GLOWS !!

Postby glowfunkofreak » Sun May 26, 2013 12:54 pm

I would never buy any blind box that the outside plastic wrap is off.

Only time I have done that is when buying from Nelson (Fugitive Toys), and he offered to trade me an open one since I had got two the same. Of course then .. I ended up walking away with 4 I bought from him .. LOL !!

See what good customer service does for you. :thumbsup:
Once a FUNATIC a FUNATIC for LIFE

It's ALL about the FUN
WEBSITE - http://justanotherfunkoobserver.com/

Return to “Pop!”