Anyone have a chase batman and box

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
dmartin

Anyone have a chase batman and box

Postby dmartin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:50 pm

I'd like to send you a picture of one I purchased recentley and see if that's how yours looks before sending it back..I've never seen one before in person please pm me
David

Chemo_Nchicago

Re: Anyone have a chase batman and box

Postby Chemo_Nchicago » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:53 pm

Why not just post a pic here and let everyone see? Most of us have one and can tell you if its real.
Looking for Batman & Harley Quinn protos

I'd like to think that Freddy believes in equality for everyone.
- Anselmo

dmartin

Postby dmartin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:54 pm

Ok will do....
David

dmartin

Postby dmartin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:16 pm

IDK if you can tell buy the eye on the right looks like someone took a white paintbrush to it and painted some of it in, it is a completely different color then the rest of the eye..especially around the upper outside edges, the eye on the left has this same odd color paint but its just streaked in the middle of the eyeball..then the box itself the dc universe logo looks almost like its doubled, i have the error batman and the box looks nothing like this, then flip to the back

do you see how the eyes on the characters are all shifted over, the numbers as well as if its a bad copy, you can see the numbers almost as if they were meant to be holographic..once again my regular error batman box looks nothing like this..
David

TheJobaFett
HoF 2017 & Rookie
HoF 2017 & Rookie

Postby TheJobaFett » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:16 pm

I'm kind of curious of the community's reaction to this piece too. I am going to rip the owner of the store in my mall a new one if they are selling fake stuff!
ImageImageMay the Funko Be With You

dmartin

Postby dmartin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:20 pm

I wasnt going to drop your name jordan I dont think you have anything to do with what happened here..if anything is even wrong with it..ive never seen one of these though in person and its just weird to me how different this box looks compared to my regular error batman box and how odd the paint is specifically around the eyes...but it could be 100 percent normal, and if it is im keeping it just because its not your fault how craptastic they make these things..if it is real though at least i know not to buy another chase period because it looks terrible compared to regulars and exclusives
David

Molaxes

Postby Molaxes » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:25 pm

Where did you get it?
Erick.
Shoutout to MyLittleFunkos for making my awesome siggy

Chemo_Nchicago

Postby Chemo_Nchicago » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:25 pm

looks real to me. It's the regular chase not the error symbol chase. I hope you didn't pay more than 50-60 bucks for it. Congrats on your score!

FYI due to mass production some figures will have paint issues. Best you can do is look for one that is acceptable to you however, I would never pass up a chase in the wild even if it had a smashed box or paint issues.
Looking for Batman & Harley Quinn protos

I'd like to think that Freddy believes in equality for everyone.
- Anselmo

dmartin

Postby dmartin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:30 pm

No great deal on it from jordan and box is in peetty much mint shale but it was the offset eyes and numbers on back of box that had me wondering. .also the paint around the eyes..
David

dmartin

Postby dmartin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:33 pm

Works for me..any idea why the box looks so odd?
David

kevintree
Hall of Fame Class of 2020
Hall of Fame Class of 2020

Postby kevintree » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:51 am

The only thing I can think of is during the printing process on the box it was slightly shifted (miscalibrated or a simple mistake somewhere) over a bit during the manufacturing process
kevin/tree
instagram.com/funkotree

Rlow3

Postby Rlow3 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:04 am

I've seen boxes like that in different places on regular pops (B&N and Frys) but like Chemo said there will be paint issues since they're massed produced. Can't be spot on with the paint jobs on all of them. Looks real to me though.

JokersWild
Hall of Fame Class of 2019
Hall of Fame Class of 2019

Postby JokersWild » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:24 am

Looks like the registration was off with the box printing, just poor quality control i guess.
Instagram: ArkhamPhotography & JokersWildCustoms
Funklub Member #1788
Looking for: Joker proto set is complete...for now!

edorice
Hall of Fame Class of 2015
Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Postby edorice » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:19 pm

Looks real, bad quality control.

fugitivetoys
Hall of Fame Class of 2018
Hall of Fame Class of 2018

Postby fugitivetoys » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:16 pm

Pretty certain its not fake. We've seen that issue with some of the earlier Pop releases where the writing on the back is a little shaky and fuzzy. Unfortunately, there are paint issues with some Pops and looks like that batman could be one of them. You can always get another batman box and transfer the chase sticker to it. That would solve one of your problems.

dmartin

Postby dmartin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:26 pm

Thanks everyone for the input..glad I asked before sending it back...its amazing how far they've come though this is the first pop I've seen with quality issues which is why I had the questions...idk if anyine has ever seen a faked jordan or other player rookie card but the box reminded me of that..terrible looking
David

Return to “Pop!”