Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 4/16/18

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Mjacob78

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 4/16/18

Postby Mjacob78 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:45 am

I received my Movie Moment Aladdin pop set from BL yesterday and its awesome!! Seems really big
Gotta love those pops :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Thu May 10, 2018 6:43 am

Mjacob78 wrote:I received my Movie Moment Aladdin pop set from BL yesterday and its awesome!! Seems really big

Congrats! Will definitely be getting one for myself!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

coopscohen

Postby coopscohen » Thu May 10, 2018 3:37 pm

Mjacob78 wrote:I received my Movie Moment Aladdin pop set from BL yesterday and its awesome!! Seems really big

It is. I wasn't sure if the pops were the standard 4" but after further review I believe they are lol
ImageImage

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Thu May 10, 2018 5:32 pm

If they end up releasing a new Mayor, can you do it in a 2 pack like how you did Ursula and Cruella? That way it doesn't drop the value. After the Ursula and Cruella 2 pack, the value stayed the same and it didn't really affect it as much.
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

Shertle

Postby Shertle » Thu May 10, 2018 11:56 pm

Lock and Shock started hitting GameStop’s in my area in the northeast, but no Barrel. Wonder why they aren’t all being shipped out together

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat May 19, 2018 11:39 am

Shertle wrote:Lock and Shock started hitting GameStop’s in my area in the northeast, but no Barrel. Wonder why they aren’t all being shipped out together

Same here. Our Gamestop got Lock & Shock but they said they only got 1 Barrel, which was pre-ordered. Gotta find him somewhere else now. Amazon says they aren't getting him until June 19th.

Treblemdk

Postby Treblemdk » Sat May 19, 2018 12:06 pm

Finally opened my Movie Moment Aladdin pop set from Amazon and that thing is so neat!

ejcurtis115

Postby ejcurtis115 » Mon May 21, 2018 4:34 am

Mjacob78 wrote:It would be cool if they had an abominable flocked holding snow cones

Yes Please! NEED this one.
:SW9:
Pops!: 4,500+
Dorbz: 50+
Hikari (regular & XS): 26
Mystery minis: 100+
Pint size heroes: 50+
Reaction figures: 17
Action figures: 24
Wacky Wobblers: 9
Pez Pops: 50+
T's, hat's, patches, pins, socks, Loungefly bags, wallets, backpacks, mugs, salt & pepper shakers, etc.: too many to count!
Funklub member: 13394 (waited a few years into collecting to go ahead and join)

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:47 pm

From now on, Disney Treasures will be for one movie only like they did with Lilo & Stitch for this month's box. With The Little Mermaid's 30th anniversary coming next year, there is a lot coming for it. There is supposed to be something big released for it at Hot Topic in April.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

JenPop

Postby JenPop » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:20 am

NightmareMermaid wrote:From now on, Disney Treasures will be for one movie only like they did with Lilo & Stitch for this month's box. With The Little Mermaid's 30th anniversary coming next year, there is a lot coming for it. There is supposed to be something big released for it at Hot Topic in April.

I can't wait for more pieces from The Little Mermaid!!

UrsulaLover

Postby UrsulaLover » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:23 am

NightmareMermaid wrote:From now on, Disney Treasures will be for one movie only like they did with Lilo & Stitch for this month's box. With The Little Mermaid's 30th anniversary coming next year, there is a lot coming for it. There is supposed to be something big released for it at Hot Topic in April.

Best. News. EVER!!
You can call me Shandra.
IG: ursulalover_

Image Image

ISO: Johnny Ramone and Dee Dee Ramone Pops

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:26 am

im excited for that news to develop!!!

TabulaRasa

Postby TabulaRasa » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:17 am

Any word on more Rescue Rangers pops? Now that Monterey Jack was released on Black Friday, can we assume the rest of the characters will be made?

wraithkelso

Postby wraithkelso » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:55 pm

So, I haven't logged on in over 3 years now which is why I stopped updating the top of the thread. It was honestly getting too overwhelming to try and keep up with the announcements because of all the random exclusives, and it seemed like a few on instagram pretty much had it covered. Plus I was dealing with some depression after having quit the job I was at over the new management continually trying to get me to break the law for them (inaccurate time card edits stealing wages from employees), and I still haven;t been able to find anything since then. I also then got in a car accident that rendered me no longer confident in my driving for quite some time. Also, At this time I was starting to use my laptop less and less for internet, and just doing things on my phone and forums just don't cooperate on phones very well.

Now that I have a new computer, and am going to most likely be starting a youtube channel (Discussing Disneyland), I find myself more inclined to try and keep up on the forums.

Would you guys be interested if I brought this back up to date again? I'm thinking I'll probably eliminate the "vaulted" section from the top post since I don't think they have an easy to access list of that anymore, and might just change it to "Coming Soon - Commons", "Coming Soon - Exclusives" and "In Stores Now"
My Pop collection:
Disney: 297
Marvel: 53
Star Wars: 49
Harry Potter: 44
DC: 25
Animation: 11
Once Upon a Time: 9
Misc.: 28
Mystery Minis: 25
Rock-Candy: 12
Funko Games: 7
Dorbz: 5
Plush: 5
Hikari: 5
Vixens: 3
Soda: Roger Rabbit
Wobblers: Darth Vader

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:50 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your job, and hope you're able to find something you want soon! I was furloughed in 2020 like so many others, from April to August, and I was severely depressed about it on top of all my other issues. It was no fun at all.

Sometimes it's good to take breaks, though! I took quite a bit of break from the forums because I was getting a little too snarky with my replies, and didn't like how the internet was turning me into basically a terrible person. Welcome back, though, and you can never have too much Disney! Curious if you're able to find information on if anything gets vaulted anymore.

Hope you're okay from your car accident, and cars are scary. I wrecked my first car when it started snowing, and I refuse to go anywhere in the snow anymore (when we randomly get snow, anyway). I also almost had an accident on my way home from work when I used to have to go to the office in a different city, and refuse to take the interstate anymore if I go that way. Some dum-dum didn't have his ladder secure in the back of his truck, and I was behind him. I had a serious gut feeling that the ladder wasn't going to stay put, and sure enough, it came flying out. I was lucky enough that I left like 3 car spaces in front during rush hour, but then I was worried my tires would get stuck in the ladder. So, I honestly prepared myself that it wasn't going to end well. I thought I was just going to die in a huge fiery accident because I couldn't move into the next lane due to being next to a tractor trailer. Guy didn't even pull over once he was able to safely do so.

Sorry, I talk way too much. But, glad you're back! =o]
Melissa

wraithkelso

Postby wraithkelso » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:04 pm

Thanks, I finally started feeling like things can turn around for me now that I got the first dose of the vaccine. I was unwilling to even apply until I was fully vaccinated because I had to move back in with my parents, and my Dad worked with his dad every day (until he died in August) and I didn't want to be the reason that my grandparents caught Covid (so far none have, but I'm not sure if that Grandma has been vaccinated yet because my Aunt (her current guardian) refuses to update us on her health.
My Pop collection:

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:57 am

wraithkelso wrote:Thanks, I finally started feeling like things can turn around for me now that I got the first dose of the vaccine. I was unwilling to even apply until I was fully vaccinated because I had to move back in with my parents, and my Dad worked with his dad every day (until he died in August) and I didn't want to be the reason that my grandparents caught Covid (so far none have, but I'm not sure if that Grandma has been vaccinated yet because my Aunt (her current guardian) refuses to update us on her health.

Glad to see you are back. Yeah it hasn't been fun myself going into work. Despite COVID, I had to go into work every day because of the nature of my work. It has been stressful knowing that I could bring home COVID to my wife and son and my parents, but I had no choice with wife being furloughed.

Anyways, you have a community here if you ever need people to lean on. It has been tough, but I knew we would pull through this. We are a resilient country for sure, and I always had hope we would get back eventually.
Collecting since 2014

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:58 am

lunarembrace wrote:I'm sorry to hear about your job, and hope you're able to find something you want soon! I was furloughed in 2020 like so many others, from April to August, and I was severely depressed about it on top of all my other issues. It was no fun at all.

Sometimes it's good to take breaks, though! I took quite a bit of break from the forums because I was getting a little too snarky with my replies, and didn't like how the internet was turning me into basically a terrible person. Welcome back, though, and you can never have too much Disney! Curious if you're able to find information on if anything gets vaulted anymore.

Hope you're okay from your car accident, and cars are scary. I wrecked my first car when it started snowing, and I refuse to go anywhere in the snow anymore (when we randomly get snow, anyway). I also almost had an accident on my way home from work when I used to have to go to the office in a different city, and refuse to take the interstate anymore if I go that way. Some dum-dum didn't have his ladder secure in the back of his truck, and I was behind him. I had a serious gut feeling that the ladder wasn't going to stay put, and sure enough, it came flying out. I was lucky enough that I left like 3 car spaces in front during rush hour, but then I was worried my tires would get stuck in the ladder. So, I honestly prepared myself that it wasn't going to end well. I thought I was just going to die in a huge fiery accident because I couldn't move into the next lane due to being next to a tractor trailer. Guy didn't even pull over once he was able to safely do so.

Glad your back. I love seeing old names come back to the board. This forum got so quiet when COVID hit.
Collecting since 2014

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:14 am

nascar246788 wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:I'm sorry to hear about your job, and hope you're able to find something you want soon! I was furloughed in 2020 like so many others, from April to August, and I was severely depressed about it on top of all my other issues. It was no fun at all.

Glad your back. I love seeing old names come back to the board. This forum got so quiet when COVID hit.

Welcome back !
Yeah Hopefully everyone comes back too.
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

LujaKulu

Postby LujaKulu » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:10 pm

wraithkelso wrote:Would you guys be interested if I brought this back up to date again? I'm thinking I'll probably eliminate the "vaulted" section from the top post since I don't think they have an easy to access list of that anymore, and might just change it to "Coming Soon - Commons", "Coming Soon - Exclusives" and "In Stores Now"

That would be great! Tbh, for a while now, I feel like I never find any news posted on this forum (not referring to this thread in general). I assumed people had departed to another website for pop discussion / news and so don't know where to find anything now since this was always my go-to, lol.

I'm sorry for what's been going on in your personal life. You always have to put your mental health first when it comes to the Internet. :)
Collecting Since: Spring 2012
First pop: Maleficent
Most recent pop: TLM VHS Cover Pop, Mama Odie w/ Juju, Ursula Cart
Pop Count: 280+
Next-to-Buy: Lady Tremaine, Hades on Throne, Conductor!Sebastian
Lines I Collect: Disney Animated Classics, Kingdom Hearts, Sailor Moon, Digimon
Dream Pops: ReBoot, Final Fantasy

wraithkelso

Postby wraithkelso » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:18 pm

LujaKulu wrote:
wraithkelso wrote:Would you guys be interested if I brought this back up to date again? I'm thinking I'll probably eliminate the "vaulted" section from the top post since I don't think they have an easy to access list of that anymore, and might just change it to "Coming Soon - Commons", "Coming Soon - Exclusives" and "In Stores Now"

That would be great! Tbh, for a while now, I feel like I never find any news posted on this forum (not referring to this thread in general). I assumed people had departed to another website for pop discussion / news and so don't know where to find anything now since this was always my go-to, lol.

I'm sorry for what's been going on in your personal life. You always have to put your mental health first when it comes to the Internet. :)

Thanks! I was out house sitting for some family for the last week and didn't bring my computer with me so just saw this. I'll work on something this weekend!
My Pop collection:

Thehueys

Postby Thehueys » Fri May 21, 2021 10:55 am

I’m still really hoping for an original Pete pop from the steamboat Willie shorts. I love steamboat Willie with allllll of my being so having pete would be amazing!
Current collection count is over 5000 unique pieces.
FDO: 2023
Fundays: 2018,2019,2021,2022, 2023
Fright Night: 2022
ECCC: 2017,2018,2019,2021
SDCC: 2018, 2019,2022,2023,2024
NYCC: 2019,2022,2023
Wondercon: 2022,2023
C2E2: 2024
FunKon: 2021
Designer Con:2019,2021,2022,2023,2024

Always looking for missing Huckleberry Hound, Freddy Funko and Disney pieces that I’m missing :)

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Fri May 21, 2021 10:59 am

I agree, a Pete Pop! would be really nice to get. We have a Kingdom Hearts Pete, but that just isn't the same. A Steamboat Willy version would be great.

Thehueys wrote:I’m still really hoping for an original Pete pop from the steamboat Willie shorts. I love steamboat Willie with allllll of my being so having pete would be amazing!
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

Thehueys

Postby Thehueys » Fri May 21, 2021 4:51 pm

Vinyl4Blood wrote:I agree, a Pete Pop! would be really nice to get. We have a Kingdom Hearts Pete, but that just isn't the same. A Steamboat Willy version would be great.

Thehueys wrote:I’m still really hoping for an original Pete pop from the steamboat Willie shorts. I love steamboat Willie with allllll of my being so having pete would be amazing!

Yaaaaaa I won’t consider it the real Pete until he has the hat on!!!!!!

Always looking for missing Huckleberry Hound, Freddy Funko and Disney pieces that I’m missing :)

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Tue May 25, 2021 5:33 am

I would love to see an original Pete pop from steamboat willie shorts for sure. It would be awesome.
Collecting since 2014

Thehueys

Postby Thehueys » Tue May 25, 2021 3:36 pm

nascar246788 wrote:

I would love to see an original Pete pop from steamboat willie shorts for sure. It would be awesome.

Or even a moment with the on the Train all 3 of them!!

LujaKulu

Postby LujaKulu » Tue May 25, 2021 11:50 pm

Has anyone seen a link for the Tiana BoxLunch exclusive? Just wondering if it's appeared yet or not.
Collecting Since: Spring 2012
First pop: Maleficent
Most recent pop: TLM VHS Cover Pop, Mama Odie w/ Juju, Ursula Cart
Pop Count: 280+
Next-to-Buy: Lady Tremaine, Hades on Throne, Conductor!Sebastian
Lines I Collect: Disney Animated Classics, Kingdom Hearts, Sailor Moon, Digimon
Dream Pops: ReBoot, Final Fantasy

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed May 26, 2021 2:51 am

nascar246788 wrote:

I'd like to see that also, nice old classic.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed May 26, 2021 12:59 pm

Ah the memories!

Thehueys

Postby Thehueys » Thu May 27, 2021 11:02 am

Steamboat Willie is one I’ve been in love with for a while. Just need the redux and would like a proto.

So I would love there to be pops made from that short that haven’t been made yet.

Return to “Pop!”