Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 4/16/18

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 2/2/17

Postby KMFH11 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:40 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:It looks like the wardrobe threw up on her and I'm hoping that's what happens in the movie.

:roflmao: that's too funny!!
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:43 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:It looks like the wardrobe threw up on her and I'm hoping that's what happens in the movie.

Haha.
lol

angeladominguez

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 2/20/17

Postby angeladominguez » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:44 pm

ruxy_100 wrote:I can't imagine they would put Marvel characters in the Disney box when there's already a Marvel subscription box.

Yeah. I am thinking this will be straight up Disney too!
I wish they would have done a B&TB box first, but with the movie approaching quickly I understand why!

The more I look at the Smee pop, the more cute he looks! I cant wait to get my hands on the box!

ruxy_100

Postby ruxy_100 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:52 pm

Capt Hook wrote:HMMM! This just hit me what if these Mystery boxes for Disney could have the POP! of the Prince like Prince Phillip or Aladdin. Maybe that be the only way we can get them. I mean why would Mr. Smee be in this sopost to be Disney Theme park mystery Box when he could have been out in reg, stores? Makes you wonder hun!

They said there would be Disney Parks characters in the boxes. Not that the boxes would ONLY contain Disney Park characters.

The good news is that you can subscribe to just one box, and then unsubscribe after that. So if there's a box that you know (or have a very good suspicion) that there will be a Prince in, then you can order that box and unsubscribe before the next one.

It's quite possible that we could see some Princes in the boxes. They usually do characters or variants that are a bit more niche (i.e. ones that collectors and fans would like, but that the general public might not be interested in). Mr. Smee fits that mould. An average person on the street probably has no idea who he is - but someone who has specifically signed up for this box probably knows who he is.

Sometimes boxes like this are a way to get around licencing issues. I have no inside information at all, but I would think that the reason Funko hasn't released Princes is because Disney wants them to focus on the more marketable Princesses, which have a whole brand established around them. I'm sure if they could make them, they would.

It may be similar to how Funko are now only allowed to do Star Wars Prequel Pops as limited run exclusives, or the funny incensing around MCU Spiderman Pops now, or the suggestion that licensors are only allowed to make Catbug merchandise from Bravest Warriors as he sells the most merchandise.

Disney might be more amenable to them doing Princes if they're specifically targeted at fans in a box like this.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:52 pm

wraithkelso wrote:
NCDS wrote:Disney has Marvel Super Hero Island in Orlando so I wouldn't count it out, even if they mainly focus on park stuff.

actually that is at Universal, so wouldn't count, however Hong Kong Disneyland just opened the first Marvel ride on Disney property with the Iron Man experience. And soon the Guardians of the Galaxy will be replacing the Tower of Terror at Disneyland

Hangs head in shame. I admit I don't know my parks very well. I do want to go to Hong Kong now.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

ruxy_100

Postby ruxy_100 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:54 pm

angeladominguez wrote:
ruxy_100 wrote:I can't imagine they would put Marvel characters in the Disney box when there's already a Marvel subscription box.

Yeah. I am thinking this will be straight up Disney too!
I wish they would have done a B&TB box first, but with the movie approaching quickly I understand why!

The more I look at the Smee pop, the more cute he looks! I cant wait to get my hands on the box!

It would have been a great opportunity for a Gaston pop. Or the human versions of the enchanted characters. But yeah, they need to have a decent pre-order time on these. So it probably wouldn't ship until well after the movie has premiered.

Capt Hook

Postby Capt Hook » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:46 pm

ruxy_100 wrote:
Capt Hook wrote:HMMM! This just hit me what if these Mystery boxes for Disney could have the POP! of the Prince like Prince Phillip or Aladdin. Maybe that be the only way we can get them. I mean why would Mr. Smee be in this sopost to be Disney Theme park mystery Box when he could have been out in reg, stores? Makes you wonder hun!

They said there would be Disney Parks characters in the boxes. Not that the boxes would ONLY contain Disney Park characters.

The good news is that you can subscribe to just one box, and then unsubscribe after that. So if there's a box that you know (or have a very good suspicion) that there will be a Prince in, then you can order that box and unsubscribe before the next one.

It's quite possible that we could see some Princes in the boxes. They usually do characters or variants that are a bit more niche (i.e. ones that collectors and fans would like, but that the general public might not be interested in). Mr. Smee fits that mould. An average person on the street probably has no idea who he is - but someone who has specifically signed up for this box probably knows who he is.

Sometimes boxes like this are a way to get around licencing issues. I have no inside information at all, but I would think that the reason Funko hasn't released Princes is because Disney wants them to focus on the more marketable Princesses, which have a whole brand established around them. I'm sure if they could make them, they would.

I can't see that is the reason why they haven't done any Prince yet. I have been inside a Disney Store and they have DOLLS of the Prince out like I was there on Sat. after work and they had Prince Charming,Flynn,Aladdin & I believe I even saw John Smith there for Pocahontas. So I think they can do them.

ruxy_100

Postby ruxy_100 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:00 pm

Capt Hook wrote:
ruxy_100 wrote:

I can't see that is the reason why they haven't done any Prince yet. I have been inside a Disney Store and they have DOLLS of the Prince out like I was there on Sat. after work and they had Prince Charming,Flynn,Aladdin & I believe I even saw John Smith there for Pocahontas. So I think they can do them.

I can't imagine Funko why would make Jasmine, Genie and Jafar and not release the titular character unless there was a licensor issue.

ruxy_100

Postby ruxy_100 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:20 pm

And also, Dolls that are being sold exclusively in Disney Store are very different to Pops being sold all over the place. We've already seen Disney impose restrictions on the sale of Indiana Jones pops, so it's not that much of stretch to assume that there are some sort of license terms at play with the Princes.

Picmahweji

Postby Picmahweji » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:25 pm

Jolly Roger and yeti here I come !

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:04 pm

KMFH11 wrote:

:roflmao: that's too funny!!

I just... want this scene so much. [-o<

Gray

Postby Gray » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:01 pm

Girlfriend is gonna freak out about this subscription box. Looks great.
Grayson/Gray :freddy1:

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:34 pm

ruxy_100 wrote:And also, Dolls that are being sold exclusively in Disney Store are very different to Pops being sold all over the place. We've already seen Disney impose restrictions on the sale of Indiana Jones pops, so it's not that much of stretch to assume that there are some sort of license terms at play with the Princes.

With Indiana Jones, I assumed the issue was that the movie vinyl figure rights were tied up with Hasbro Mighty Muggs and the park-based figures were a loophole, like the bobbles are a loophole with Marvel and Star Wars.

ruxy_100

Postby ruxy_100 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:39 am

Chase Variant wrote:
ruxy_100 wrote:And also, Dolls that are being sold exclusively in Disney Store are very different to Pops being sold all over the place. We've already seen Disney impose restrictions on the sale of Indiana Jones pops, so it's not that much of stretch to assume that there are some sort of license terms at play with the Princes.

With Indiana Jones, I assumed the issue was that the movie vinyl figure rights were tied up with Hasbro Mighty Muggs and the park-based figures were a loophole, like the bobbles are a loophole with Marvel and Star Wars.

That makes sense. I wasn't suggesting it was the same issue - just using it as an example of the various restrictions that get placed on Funko by licensors.

It just seems odd to me that Funko would actively decided not to release Princes, especially ones like Aladdin who is the titular character of his movie, unless there was some sort of licence restriction, whatever that may be. Licensors do have a lot of control over what characters get made, and how they're released.

I was just responding to the above poster's suggestion that the subscriptions boxes might include Princes. And if there is some kind of licencing restriction on them doing general releases for Princes, there is a possibility that those same restriction might not apply to subscription boxes.

But it's way too early to tell. Either way, I'm sure we'll see some awesome Pops that would otherwise not see the light of day. So yay!!

Funko Pop! Fan16

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 1/23/17

Postby Funko Pop! Fan16 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:41 pm

StarWarner wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:
What???????
I havent heard that.
:o

I looked it up and only found 1.5 + 2.5 remix for March 31st. Is that it? It will have KH1 and KH2..cause that would be amazing.

Is this what you're talking about?

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX is an HD remastered collection of 6 unforgettable KINGDOM HEARTS experiences in one disc available for the first time on the PlayStation® 4. The HD collection features:

KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX
KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories
KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days (HD Remastered cinematics)
KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX
KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep Final MIX
KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded (HD Remastered cinematics)

Release Date: March 28th, 2017

Yeah that's what it is!
Jonathan is HERE!
ImageImageImageImage

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:00 am

Funko Pop! Fan16 wrote:
StarWarner wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:
I looked it up and only found 1.5 + 2.5 remix for March 31st. Is that it? It will have KH1 and KH2..cause that would be amazing.

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX is an HD remastered collection of 6 unforgettable KINGDOM HEARTS experiences in one disc available for the first time on the PlayStation® 4. The HD collection features:

KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX

Yeah that's what it is!

It's on my calender! I'm getting it to check it out!
Whoo!

stroud1492

Postby stroud1492 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:30 am

Someone on Facebook zooomed in on the box. Supposedly, it says April 2017 :-) I could see them taking orders any day now.

Also on unrelated news, here is the placeholder link for the Walmart village Belle:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/55533564

felixfelicis

Postby felixfelicis » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:32 pm

There are 3 Garden Robe Belles at the Target in Compton on Alameda St in the video game area if anyone is looking. Not against the back wall, in the row where they have a keyboard and mouse on display.

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:53 pm

angeladominguez wrote:
Funko Pop! Fan16 wrote:
StarWarner wrote:

KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX

Yeah that's what it is!

Whoo!

I think I need this for my summer break. I will also need all the Kingdom Hearts Pops to sit by the TV while I play. It wouldn't be the same without them. :D
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:54 am

StarWarner wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:
Funko Pop! Fan16 wrote:
Yeah that's what it is!

Whoo!

I think I need this for my summer break. I will also need all the Kingdom Hearts Pops to sit by the TV while I play. It wouldn't be the same without them. :D

Lol definetly, friends to join you on your journey!

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:24 am

I wonder if there will be Pops for Disney's older, less well known series?
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:11 pm

Mister Piggy Wiggy wrote:I wonder if there will be Pops for Disney's older, less well known series?

I really want them to dig into the vaults and pull out some older characters. Figaro from Pinocchio, some more characters from Robin Hood, The Rescuers, etc. Plus some of their shorts and cartoons! There are so many lines they could be pulling from here. [-o<

Funko Pop! Fan16

Postby Funko Pop! Fan16 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:03 pm

angeladominguez wrote:
StarWarner wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:
Whoo!

Lol definetly, friends to join you on your journey!

Agreed!!! Cannot wait for the game and Pops!!! Just wishing they would go on and make a KH 3.. :(
Jonathan is HERE!
ImageImageImageImage

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:26 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
Mister Piggy Wiggy wrote:I wonder if there will be Pops for Disney's older, less well known series?

I really want them to dig into the vaults and pull out some older characters. Figaro from Pinocchio, some more characters from Robin Hood, The Rescuers, etc. Plus some of their shorts and cartoons! There are so many lines they could be pulling from here. [-o<

I just got The Rescuers tsum tsums and now I want Pops. I have a dog named Penny, so I really need a Penny Pop along with Bianca, Bernard, Orville, Medusa, Rufus, Ellie Mae, and Evinrude. Brutus and Nero would be awesome, too.

I need all Disney cats, so Figaro would be great. I need The Aristocats so badly!

Little John and Marion from Robin Hood would be super cute.

I would also like more Peter Pan characters or an all new Peter Pan set. Now that we have Smee in Disney Treasures maybe we will get Wendy, Michael, John, Tiger Lily, Nana, and some mermaids?

The Great Mouse Detective and The Fox and The Hound are two of my favorite classic Disney movies I think would be adorable Pops.
ImageImage

ISO:
Maleficent Protos

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:34 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:

I'm hoping with you. Of course we are revealing our ages ... How about Steamboat Mickey??? \:D/
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:39 pm

I'd love all of those! Especially a new Peter Pan. He's my favorite Disney character so I'm kind of sad I missed out on him but I'd love an updated version.

Steamboat Mickey! I thought we had one? But yes he'd be awesome too.

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:50 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:I'd love all of those! Especially a new Peter Pan. He's my favorite Disney character so I'm kind of sad I missed out on him but I'd love an updated version.

Yes, there is a Steamboat Willie ... but I wish Funko would make the iconic one with Mickey standing behind the ship's wheel (helm).

wraithkelso

Postby wraithkelso » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:22 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:I'd love all of those! Especially a new Peter Pan. He's my favorite Disney character so I'm kind of sad I missed out on him but I'd love an updated version.

Yes, there is a Steamboat Willie ... but I wish Funko would make the iconic one with Mickey standing behind the ship's wheel (helm).

lol I actually made a boat like that out of wood, painted it to match the cartoon, and my Steamboat Willie pop is approx where he is during Fntasmic!
My Pop collection:
Disney: 297
Marvel: 53
Star Wars: 49
Harry Potter: 44
DC: 25
Animation: 11
Once Upon a Time: 9
Misc.: 28
Mystery Minis: 25
Rock-Candy: 12
Funko Games: 7
Dorbz: 5
Plush: 5
Hikari: 5
Vixens: 3
Soda: Roger Rabbit
Wobblers: Darth Vader

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:27 pm

wraithkelso wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:

lol I actually made a boat like that out of wood, painted it to match the cartoon, and my Steamboat Willie pop is approx where he is during Fntasmic!

That is classic ... It's all about good memories :cheers:

stroud1492

Postby stroud1492 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:53 pm

All of the Kingdom hearts pops are in stock on GameStop's site, including the exclusive Goofy :-)

Funko Pop! Fan16

Postby Funko Pop! Fan16 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:08 pm

stroud1492 wrote:All of the Kingdom hearts pops are in stock on GameStop's site, including the exclusive Goofy :-)

Oh that's good! They should be in stores soon, I reserved a Goofy exclusive!
Jonathan is HERE!
ImageImageImageImage

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:42 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:I really want them to dig into the vaults and pull out some older characters. Figaro from Pinocchio, some more characters from Robin Hood, The Rescuers, etc. Plus some of their shorts and cartoons! There are so many lines they could be pulling from here. [-o<

Exactly! :) I'm sure both Disney and Funko will earn a tidy sum with the lesser known characters. And we'll get our wishes fulfilled, too.
29/Male/CHINESE

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:44 am

stroud1492 wrote:All of the Kingdom hearts pops are in stock on GameStop's site, including the exclusive Goofy :-)

I wonder if the Kingdom Hearts line will be Disney characters only?
29/Male/CHINESE

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:45 am

Funko Pop! Fan16 wrote:Agreed!!! Cannot wait for the game and Pops!!! Just wishing they would go on and make a KH 3.. :(

Same here! I hope KH 3 will be worth the wait. In the meantime, here's hoping the KH line won't be Disney characters only.
29/Male/CHINESE

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:48 am

Mister Piggy Wiggy wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:I really want them to dig into the vaults and pull out some older characters. Figaro from Pinocchio, some more characters from Robin Hood, The Rescuers, etc. Plus some of their shorts and cartoons! There are so many lines they could be pulling from here. [-o<

Exactly! :) I'm sure both Disney and Funko will earn a tidy sum with the lesser known characters. And we'll get our wishes fulfilled, too.

I mean, Disney is about making dreams come true. So we'll see. 8-[

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:48 am

sdcccrasher wrote:I'm hoping with you. Of course we are revealing our ages ... How about Steamboat Mickey??? \:D/

I always loved the retro stuff. :D
29/Male/CHINESE

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:32 pm

Yip, have mine reserved too.
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:50 pm

Since people are posting their wishlists for the sub box I figured I'd chime in too.

Orange Bird (obviously.. lol)
Figment
Pluto
Chip and Dale
Daisy
Plane Crazy Mickey Mouse with the messed up hair and mirror
Pete from Steamboat Willie
Bullseye
Walt himself
Ortensia
Hopper
Jungle Cruise boat with Skipper
Luxo Jr
and my list could go on and on..... :D
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

Capt Hook

Postby Capt Hook » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:17 pm

For me my list for the box would be....

Prince Phillip
Flora
Fauna
Merryweather
Fawn
Silvermist
Perwinkle
Wendy
Aladdin
Wendell (Country Bear)
Shaker (Country Bear)
Liver Lips (Country Bear)
Big Al (Country Bear)

That's about it for me. Now my question is where would I put them at. I'm running out of room. I've been moving things around in my room but still don't have that much more room for anything.

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:56 pm

popfanboy wrote:Since people are posting their wishlists for the sub box I figured I'd chime in too.

Orange Bird (obviously.. lol)
Figment
Pluto
Chip and Dale
Daisy
Plane Crazy Mickey Mouse with the messed up hair and mirror
Pete from Steamboat Willie
Bullseye
Walt himself
Ortensia
Hopper
Jungle Cruise boat with Skipper
Luxo Jr
and my list could go on and on..... :D

This is a great list. Figment would be super cute! I would LOVE a Luxo Jr Pop. OMG! What about a few Pops from Pixar shorts? Those could be cute and they could do a four pack or multi pack. Bullseye is one of my dream Pops. I love him so much!

Others have mentioned a Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and Haunted Mansion. And we already have Indy's Ride, so a Jungle Cruise boat and Skipper would fit right in.
ImageImage

ISO:
Maleficent Protos

Return to “Pop!”