Marvel POP! Updates Thread 2018 (Updated July 20th)

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
pepsiracer24

Re: Marvel POP! Updates Thread 2016 (Updated Dec 22nd)

Postby pepsiracer24 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:12 am

BLADE GLAM - Release TBA

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:16 pm

Blade looks incredible! He's my favorite in the new set for sure! Followed VERY closely by Power Man and Iron Fist.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Saucepan

Postby Saucepan » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:06 pm

I wasn't really sold on Blade until I saw that glam. Wow!

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:22 pm

Same, I was kind of on the fence about whether I'd buy him or not but I think now it's a definite yes!

jahickory

Postby jahickory » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:36 pm

I'm not a fan of the Blade at all. Not that it's bad but because it's not Wesley Snipes Blade. :D
Pops wanted;
Dr. Gregory House, Mr. Feeny, Blade (Wesley Snipes please).

Marvel486

Postby Marvel486 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:49 am

Someone on reddit said that the Luke Cage pop from JJones series is out in some stores, so this could mean a very soon annoucement, but it appears that the Kilgrave pop is cancelled since he doesn't appear on the back of the box at all.

pepsiracer24

Postby pepsiracer24 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:13 pm

Full Glams of Pop's I posted earlier

pepsiracer24

Postby pepsiracer24 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:16 pm

Both Luke Cage Pop's have been released

Marvel486

Postby Marvel486 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:43 pm

Found this on reddit, no Kilgrave

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:48 pm

Awesome! I can't wait for pictures of Jessica to start showing up too.

Marvel486

Postby Marvel486 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:09 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:Awesome! I can't wait for pictures of Jessica to start showing up too.

Me too and the DD ones. Hope for a full anouncement very soon.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:52 pm

I need Power Man yesterday!!!!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:58 pm

Marvel486 wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:Awesome! I can't wait for pictures of Jessica to start showing up too.

Me too and the DD ones. Hope for a full anouncement very soon.

Yes! I need to see those too. I'm really excited for the Netflix Marvel Pops lol

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Black Bolt and Iron Fist look great, will have to consider picking them up.
Higher, Further, Faster

big_matt

Postby big_matt » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:10 pm

So just to clarify, Both Luke and black bolt have one wide release and one PX exclusive, and Iron Fist has one PX and one FCBD. Is that correct?
Pops: 1100+
Latest: Best Buy Arbiter
Wants: Freddy Fett, Red Skull, and many more

The Head

Postby The Head » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:43 pm

Power Man is a must have, along with both Iron Fists and at least one Black Bolt. Undecided on Netflix Luke Cage. It took me long enough, but I'm finally starting to get more selective on my pops and the first thing I'll likely move away from is pops that just look like normal people unless I really love the character.

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:46 pm

Is the blue parts on black bolt a variant comic costume or is it supposed to be an energy effect?
Hi! I'm Mark
Proto ISO - Anything X-Men, Funko HQ Hulk, Vegito, Jango Fett, Mando Jet Pack, My Hero Academia, Kakashi Lighting Blade

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:01 pm

Flex Luthor wrote:Is the blue parts on black bolt a variant comic costume or is it supposed to be an energy effect?

I wouldn't call it a variant, really. It's a literalization of what was on the comic page. His costume is black with silver accents, but because of the limitations of the four-color printing process, they rendered him in the early Fantastic Four issues as dark blue with blue accents.

RoboFist

Postby RoboFist » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:05 pm

I'm legitimately curious and concerned over what happened with Killgrave. Is he cancelled? Will he be an exclusive of some kind? Are they saving him for next comic con? Is he going to be the Pop in the inevitable Netflix-themed MCC box? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, since any David Tennant mold would sell like hotcakes.
Latest: "BAHNEY, MY PEBBLES!"
300th: Audrey II
200th: Rapunzel (Dancing)
100th: Hoverboard Marty McFly
1st: V for Vendetta
Funatic Since 2012

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:23 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
Flex Luthor wrote:Is the blue parts on black bolt a variant comic costume or is it supposed to be an energy effect?

I wouldn't call it a variant, really. It's a literalization of what was on the comic page. His costume is black with silver accents, but because of the limitations of the four-color printing process, they rendered him in the early Fantastic Four issues as dark blue with blue accents.

Thanks! That makes sense. I'm still on the fence of which version I want. I would love Funko to make the rest of the Fantastic Four (Classic costumes) and the inhumans as well. She Hulk with a FF costume would be an easy variant too.
Hi! I'm Mark
Proto ISO - Anything X-Men, Funko HQ Hulk, Vegito, Jango Fett, Mando Jet Pack, My Hero Academia, Kakashi Lighting Blade

pepsiracer24

Postby pepsiracer24 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:33 am

RoboFist wrote:I'm legitimately curious and concerned over what happened with Killgrave. Is he cancelled? Will he be an exclusive of some kind? Are they saving him for next comic con? Is he going to be the Pop in the inevitable Netflix-themed MCC box? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, since any David Tennant mold would sell like hotcakes.

I could be totally wrong, but I've heard from multiple people it Kilgrave was cancelled and we are only getting JJ and Luke in that line.

Vagabond

Postby Vagabond » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:04 am

I need both the Jessica Jones version of Luke Cage and the comic version, and that Blade is a must have too. I really like that Stealth-Suit Spider Man but I'm trying to stick to only my favorite Marvel characters and I don't own any other Spider Man Pops so I'm gonna have to pass.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Marvel486

Postby Marvel486 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:22 am

pepsiracer24 wrote:
RoboFist wrote:I'm legitimately curious and concerned over what happened with Killgrave. Is he cancelled? Will he be an exclusive of some kind? Are they saving him for next comic con? Is he going to be the Pop in the inevitable Netflix-themed MCC box? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, since any David Tennant mold would sell like hotcakes.

I could be totally wrong, but I've heard from multiple people it Kilgrave was cancelled and we are only getting JJ and Luke in that line.

Well, I heard that from other sites and groups too, it's strange to see Funko cancelling a pop of a important character of the show. Even, I would rather have Kilgrave in place of Luke Cage, since Cage is a character that has his own show and it's very likely that he will have his own line of pops.

Still, I can't wait to see the official glam of Jessica. :compress:

lcarus83

Postby lcarus83 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:32 pm

I love that old school version of Luke Cage
Holy Grails: Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Logan

Ch3wbaccaw0k

Postby Ch3wbaccaw0k » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:37 pm

To be clear, both Black Bolts are PX Exclusives, right? I saw a pic where one his boxes didn't have a sticker.
Collector of Marvel, Star Wars, and Harry Potter.
\:D/

paglinitattoo

Postby paglinitattoo » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:44 pm

Please Funko, come out with a x-23 or all-new wolverine pop! There is a huge lack of love for that character...

CptWhizbang

Postby CptWhizbang » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:10 pm

Marvel486 wrote:
pepsiracer24 wrote:

Well, I heard that from other sites and groups too, it's strange to see Funko cancelling a pop of a important character of the show. Even, I would rather have Kilgrave in place of Luke Cage, since Cage is a character that has his own show and it's very likely that he will have his own line of pops.

setting aside what constitutes an important character, it makes perfect sense why Funko would ax Kilgrave instead of Luke. If you're taking the JJ line down from three characters to just two, having that second character to be the first character's abuser and rapist is really...gross and screwed up to say the least
Current POPs: 219
Current Pocket POPs: 20
Current Dorbz: 54

Marvel Dream POP List: Metallic BuckyCap w/gun POP, Classic Black Widow POP, Nomad (Steve Rogers) POP
Marvel Dream Dorbz List: CA:TFA Dorbz, Golden Age Bucky Dorbz, CA:CW Dorbz Ride with Steve, Sam, Bucky, and VW Bug

CptWhizbang

Postby CptWhizbang » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:15 pm

paglinitattoo wrote:Please Funko, come out with a x-23 or all-new wolverine pop! There is a huge lack of love for that character...

you know, imagine how much cooler the MCC X-Men box would have been if they had just admitted to themselves that it was really a Wolverine box. Then they could have used the same POP Ride and instead of a Mystique Rock Candy, given us a Laura Kinney Rock Candy or even a POP.

Marvel Dream POP List: Metallic BuckyCap w/gun POP, Classic Black Widow POP, Nomad (Steve Rogers) POP
Marvel Dream Dorbz List: CA:TFA Dorbz, Golden Age Bucky Dorbz, CA:CW Dorbz Ride with Steve, Sam, Bucky, and VW Bug

RoboFist

Postby RoboFist » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:12 pm

CptWhizbang wrote:
Marvel486 wrote:
pepsiracer24 wrote:

setting aside what constitutes an important character, it makes perfect sense why Funko would ax Kilgrave instead of Luke. If you're taking the JJ line down from three characters to just two, having that second character to be the first character's abuser and rapist is really...gross and screwed up to say the least

While I agree, Kilgrave was the primary antagonist of the show, and super important to Jessica's overall story of redemption. If we want Funko to stop making Pops based on abusers and rapists (which I can't exactly argue with, because it's an absolutely disgusting and irredeemable crime), we should also say good-bye to every Joker Pop from here on out (especially the four Suicide Squad variants). We also should never have gotten Alex DeLarge, any version of Hannibal Lecter, Jaime Lannister, Ramsay Bolton, Joffrey Baratheon, any version of Edward Cullen, the Governor, or Negan, because they've all committed horrible acts of rape or sexual abuse before. In some cases, like Alex and Ramsay, it's practically their biggest character trait. Harley Quinn is basically what Jessica could've become if Kilgrave won, making the Joker far more heinous of an abuser than Kilgrave was. Alex even had a highly sought after Chase variant that people are excitedly paying huge bucks for, and one of the biggest scenes from his movie involved him horrifyingly gangraping a woman while gleefully singing "Singin' in the Rain". Yet no one has ever said anything about those Pops.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but Funko has never shied away from Pops depicting such characters (or worse) before.
Latest: "BAHNEY, MY PEBBLES!"
300th: Audrey II
200th: Rapunzel (Dancing)
100th: Hoverboard Marty McFly
1st: V for Vendetta
Funatic Since 2012

CptWhizbang

Postby CptWhizbang » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:57 pm

RoboFist wrote:
CptWhizbang wrote:
Marvel486 wrote:

While I agree, Kilgrave was the primary antagonist of the show, and super important to Jessica's overall story of redemption. If we want Funko to stop making Pops based on abusers and rapists (which I can't exactly argue with, because it's an absolutely disgusting and irredeemable crime), we should also say good-bye to every Joker Pop from here on out (especially the four Suicide Squad variants). We also should never have gotten Alex DeLarge, any version of Hannibal Lecter, Jaime Lannister, Ramsay Bolton, Joffrey Baratheon, any version of Edward Cullen, the Governor, or Negan, because they've all committed horrible acts of rape or sexual abuse before. In some cases, like Alex and Ramsay, it's practically their biggest character trait. Harley Quinn is basically what Jessica could've become if Kilgrave won, making the Joker far more heinous of an abuser than Kilgrave was. Alex even had a highly sought after Chase variant that people are excitedly paying huge bucks for, and one of the biggest scenes from his movie involved him horrifyingly gangraping a woman while gleefully singing "Singin' in the Rain". Yet no one has ever said anything about those Pops.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but Funko has never shied away from Pops depicting such characters (or worse) before.

personally I think it's a load of bs that the Joker got a single figure - much less all variants - before characters like Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown. But then again, I also come from the school of fandom that sees supporting characters/second-tier heroes as always more deserving of merch than villains - which I know (and made peace with long ago) is different from most other toy collectors, who do want villain POPs.

But with what Funko may or may not be doing here, I think there is a difference between Kilgrave and those other characters - the number of characters being released in each wave of toys. It's one thing when those characters are one-of-four or one-of-six. I mean, how many Walking Dead POPs are there at this point? Or GoT? There's dozens of characters to pick from who range all over the hero-to-villain scale. But if Jessica Jones is only going to get two POPs total, I think including Kilgrave instead of Luke or Trish is kinda gross. If Funko was going to ahead with the usual number of characters in this wave of POPs, then yes absolutely it makes sense to include Kilgrave. But if you're only going to do two characters, then imho it makes sense to cut out the Kilgrave POP.

yellowrice
HoF 2014 & Spirit
HoF 2014 & Spirit

Postby yellowrice » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:10 pm

RoboFist wrote:
CptWhizbang wrote:
Marvel486 wrote:

Hi guys,

Thanks for your comments. As we have some younger members on our forum, the current subject matter may not be suitable for them to read. If you wish to continue this discussion, we would appreciate if you can do this through PMs. Please feel free to pm me if you guys have any issues with this.

Thanks!
James
Suit up! For tonight is going to be Legend... wait for it...

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:19 pm

i can't wait for the rest of the Netflix pops to come out. I really need a Netflix Punisher before mid April. Jon Bernthal is going to be at C2E2 and he is high on my list of people to have sign their pops that weekend :)
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

Jeggy

Re: Marvel POP! Updates Thread 2017 (Updated Dec 29th)

Postby Jeggy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:57 pm

Anyone know if the new Wolverine/Weapon X Pops are officially out? It seemed a lot of places were breaking street date, but I won't put up on the front as released until I know for sure.
The Marvel Collector

Fawny

Postby Fawny » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:18 pm

So wait, they released the Luck Cage Pop from Jessica Jones before Jessica Jones from Jessica Jones? :roflmao:
Image Image
Courtesies: SPN Sig: ChinoX Team Badges: valorandvellum Team Tardis: hailmary25

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:24 pm

FawnyLovesFunko wrote:So wait, they released the Luck Cage Pop from Jessica Jones before Jessica Jones from Jessica Jones? :roflmao:

She's getting one last drink in before making her debut.

Fawny

Postby Fawny » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:27 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
FawnyLovesFunko wrote:So wait, they released the Luck Cage Pop from Jessica Jones before Jessica Jones from Jessica Jones? :roflmao:

She's getting one last drink in before making her debut.

I so hope they have a variant of her with a whiskey bottle. That NEEDS to happen.
Image Image
Courtesies: SPN Sig: ChinoX Team Badges: valorandvellum Team Tardis: hailmary25

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:00 pm

FawnyLovesFunko wrote:I so hope they have a variant of her with a whiskey bottle. That NEEDS to happen.

I agree! I need it. We got Cassidy with his bottle, Jessica needs her lol

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:50 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
FawnyLovesFunko wrote:I so hope they have a variant of her with a whiskey bottle. That NEEDS to happen.

I agree! I need it. We got Cassidy with his bottle, Jessica needs her lol

And, Bender had his bottle. :)
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

CptWhizbang

Postby CptWhizbang » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:39 pm

Jeggy wrote:Anyone know if the new Wolverine/Weapon X Pops are officially out? It seemed a lot of places were breaking street date, but I won't put up on the front as released until I know for sure.

Barnes & Noble's has the Logan POP online now, so I think it's safe to say they're officially out now.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:33 pm

Has anybody seen a Black Bolt in the wild yet? I saw somebody online with one and I wasn't sure if it was by luck, Funko giveaway or because they are actually starting to hit stores.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

Return to “Pop!”