Basic DIY Funko "repair"

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
orijin

Re: Basic DIY Funko "repair"

Postby orijin » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:13 am

My sdcc 2012 batman his nose lost some color, actually kind of sad about it. Any tips on that? Haha the tip is slightly peach looking rather than metallic blue.

jaimzzy

Postby jaimzzy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:35 pm

Have you guys tried replacing the plastic window of a certain box to another one? What did you use to safely remove it then what kind of adhesive did you use to put it back?
Hi! I'm Jaime.

Wishlist
-SDCC 2011 Spiderman #03
-SDCC 2012 Spiderman #15
-Japan Premiere Spiderman #45
-Signed Stan Lee

evanmoua

Postby evanmoua » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:18 pm

I've tried the magic marker, it works on most of it... but it leaves a little residue or "ghost" mark. How about matching paint? does anyone recommend this or will it just further damage the pop

Gorg

Postby Gorg » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:54 pm

Can confirm that using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works phenomenally! Does a great job at removing scrapes, smudges, and blemishes off of Pops! A tip I can give is cut the eraser in half when you need to clean up a pop. You won't need the whole big thing for one Pop.

kidstylez

Postby kidstylez » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:06 pm

Anyone know how to fix these plastic dings? My friend said once he left a funko pop with a ding like this in his car during a hot day and when he took it out, the ding was gone? Anyone ever heard of this?

These 2 are from my Funko Fundays 2018 box that was protected by the locker box, but when I opened them, they already had these dings = (

:freddy3:
ISO:
She Ra
Mono Conan
Antman Conan
James Gunn
Renly Baratheon
Michael Jackson pops (except smooth criminal)
Lucky (Cereal Ad Icon) (GITD) Funko Exclusive
Baxter Stockman SDCC sticker GITD
Glenn Prison Riot TWD
Jax (SOA)
Jax SDCC
Renly GOT
Ghost Charlie Brown

ISO chases:
Pennywise (old version, green eyes on front of box)
Crota
Grady twins

gunner jed

Postby gunner jed » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:31 am

My 10” thanos keeps falling over...any idea how to stop it?
ImageImage

ISO: Australian Infinity War chrome set

popsnorthwest

Postby popsnorthwest » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:37 am

When I received my Metlalic Thanos and TShirt pack, I opened the box and Thanos head was completely detached. I was so upset, but I quickly grabbed some gorilla glue, applied a small dab and glue on the plastic cylinder the spring attaches too. Lined it all up, pressed it together and held it for about a minute. Now my Thanos is good as new, cant event ell he was originally broken.
-- Image-- ....just one more?
-- PopsNorthwest's Collection --

Megoman

Postby Megoman » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:31 pm

If your head is leaning or if your Pop doesn't stand you can always place your Pop into boiling water for a few seconds then try to bend effected part into the correct position.
~ Funko FunKlub Member #1934 ~

Mantheharp00n

Postby Mantheharp00n » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:16 pm

:freddy1:

ISO: gold vegeta, metallic whis

melimexika

Postby melimexika » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:58 pm

I use the acetone too to remove marks, and also I've fixed the eyes with acrylic paint.
Melina

LakerNation1216

Postby LakerNation1216 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:36 pm

the arms on some of my pops has fallen off on rare occasions. I find that super glue does the trick!
Current POP/Dorbz/Misc. Funko Count:
~1,345

Updated 8-7-18

Laker Basketball
Rams Football

jarjar124

Postby jarjar124 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:50 pm

The magic eraser tip was useful! Got my pennywise freddy in and it had some black paint on the left eye.
Anyone have any recommendations for what paint to use?

geoffdude

Postby geoffdude » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:25 pm

Sorry, didn't check this whole thread.. but has anyone received a CHROME figure from FUNKO SHOP with finger prints embedded into the face, and actual paint, of the figure? The Pop was obviously picked up with bare hands before the paint had dried. Looks terrible and I doubt there's a fix for this/that. If so.. please LMK. best, geoff

jarjar124

Postby jarjar124 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:39 pm

geoffdude wrote:Sorry, didn't check this whole thread.. but has anyone received a CHROME figure from FUNKO SHOP with finger prints embedded into the face, and actual paint, of the figure? The Pop was obviously picked up with bare hands before the paint had dried. Looks terrible and I doubt there's a fix for this/that. If so.. please LMK. best, geoff

You'd have to take it out of the box. It was the same for me. I just buffed it with a microfiber cloth and it came off clean and shiny :)

tuvok47

Postby tuvok47 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:51 pm

So much great info in here! I've tried a couple of these methods to much success.

mm_roy

Postby mm_roy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:45 pm

Amazing advice. Thank you for the tips about repairing Pops! This is going to be extremely use full since my kids like to collect Pops! As well.

bizzarojon

Postby bizzarojon » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:17 am

What paint works best for doing touchups? I have some with bad paint apps
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me :freddy1:

Funkininpublic

Postby Funkininpublic » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:01 pm

BlueberryWaffles wrote:My Star-Lord (masked) is looking to the left. Any way to get the head straight?

I stuck a few cotton balls inside the head itself and that forced the head to look straight-er.

Funkininpublic

Postby Funkininpublic » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:02 pm

BlueberryWaffles wrote:My Star-Lord (masked) is looking to the left. Any way to get the head straight?

I stuck a few cotton balls inside the head itself and that forced the head to look straight-er.

Code Violet

Postby Code Violet » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:59 pm

A long thin part (sword) broke off- how can I best glue it back?

Sorry if this has been asked already-please let me know if there's an easy way to search for things in the future!

evrythngzen

Postby evrythngzen » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:27 am

Anyone ever have one basically split in half? My husband has the space jam Marvin the Martian and it fell off the ehlf and split in half. Wondering if we should just glue it or is there a better way? Sorry if I missed something that already explained this. I scrolled through but I might have missed it.

Flyers179

Postby Flyers179 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:52 pm

Looking for tips on finding matching paint for figures, specifically older Disney ones, with bad paint jobs. Looking to do some touchups :)

S_E_R_G_I_O

Postby S_E_R_G_I_O » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:55 pm

Code Violet wrote:A long thin part (sword) broke off- how can I best glue it back?

Sorry if this has been asked already-please let me know if there's an easy way to search for things in the future!

I think super glue works fine , I like the use the gel super glue is more precise and not as messy as the regular glue
ImageImage

jdawg71187

Postby jdawg71187 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:55 pm

How does one go about finding the best color to paint match? Really want to clean this guy up a bit

# of Pops 1228
# of mystery minis 39
# of Dorbz 73
# of customs 1

jdawg71187

Postby jdawg71187 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:02 pm

# of Pops 1228
# of mystery minis 39
# of Dorbz 73
# of customs 1

Hashtaghappysteph

Postby Hashtaghappysteph » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:54 pm

Anyone know what to buy for a custom that had the red paint rubbed off a little? The person who made my custom used airbrush, I wouldn't even know how to start repairing it! :(

Saphireimage

Postby Saphireimage » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:56 pm

Hashtaghappysteph wrote:Anyone know what to buy for a custom that had the red paint rubbed off a little? The person who made my custom used airbrush, I wouldn't even know how to start repairing it! :(

I would just ask him/her worse thing you can do is try to do it yourself without knowing!

Rook451

Postby Rook451 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:11 pm

this thread is super helpful stuff!

Funko-Magik

Postby Funko-Magik » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:08 am

Hey, I attempted the freezer and hair dryer methods, also made a video you can check it out here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNhRuErQaLc
Member of the Funko Funatics Philippines Group
Funko Foreigner, Living in the Philippines!
Current Pop Collection: 116
Current Pop Pez Collection: 5
Follow ME and my adventures on Instagram

amygdalaxx

Postby amygdalaxx » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:47 am

When you live in a loft apartment..and keep several pops on the railing, and with two cats. I've done a lot of repairs because of them, haha. Probably should move them..but they look cute there! \:D/
Image Image

hoopz87

Postby hoopz87 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:03 pm

found this extremely useful, especially getting them to stand

DallasSwan

Postby DallasSwan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:18 pm

amygdalaxx wrote:When you live in a loft apartment..and keep several pops on the railing, and with two cats. I've done a lot of repairs because of them, haha. Probably should move them..but they look cute there! \:D/

Yes, definitely move the cats!

rebelstar8

Postby rebelstar8 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:43 am

Need suggestions: My house flooded in hurricane florence. ALL of my pops were in boxes that got soaked. I went through all of them and took them out of the boxes, but I want to wash them (who know what was in the water that came through my house). Will Dawn be safe to use? Any other suggestions are appreciated.
RebelStar8

Ms_Chase

Postby Ms_Chase » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:17 pm

w00tw00t wrote:
Schl0 wrote:
racheva wrote:
Has anyone tried any of these? I'm currently unboxing almost all of my SW pops and I've found some are stuck to their bases. I've actually used a knife to pry them up a few times, but I don't love doing that since I run the risk of harming the pop and myself!

If you're listening Funko, please don't glue them! It adds extra height and makes them harder to display.

Trust me. Try a hair dryer. It’s the perfect amount of heat and doesn’t get too hot. You have to be careful getting those bases too hot because they’re a harder plastic. If you use a heat gun or something really hot you could ruin it.

Yup i agree. Make sure to fan the blow dryer back and forth.

^^^thuscwirks THE BEST
:colors:

DallasSwan

Postby DallasSwan » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:30 pm

rebelstar8 wrote:Need suggestions: My house flooded in hurricane florence. ALL of my pops were in boxes that got soaked. I went through all of them and took them out of the boxes, but I want to wash them (who know what was in the water that came through my house). Will Dawn be safe to use? Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Dawn will be safe but use very little of it. Dissolve about a table spoon in sink full of water and give them a quick bath. Concentrated Dawn is very powerful, I wouldn't dump it directly on pops. It probably won't damage them but that stuff is used to remove oil from animals, I wouldn't trust it.

Jess55

Postby Jess55 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:53 pm

I have a movie moment Zero in Doghouse and Zero is sitting upon a plastic holder type thing, as if he’s flying. I was taking it out of the package and Zero broke off of it (I just fumbled a little and it fell onto my couch and broke, so I can’t imagine it was on to well to begin with.)

What kind of glue would be best for this? Hot glue, super glue, what? I have nothing at my place so I’m willing to buy whatever will fix this as I was so excited to display it.

Please help!

Thanks!

DallasSwan

Postby DallasSwan » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:11 am

Jess55 wrote:I have a movie moment Zero in Doghouse and Zero is sitting upon a plastic holder type thing, as if he’s flying. I was taking it out of the package and Zero broke off of it (I just fumbled a little and it fell onto my couch and broke, so I can’t imagine it was on to well to begin with.)

What kind of glue would be best for this? Hot glue, super glue, what? I have nothing at my place so I’m willing to buy whatever will fix this as I was so excited to display it.

Please help!

Thanks!

Super glue. Gel kind is the best. Use just a tiny dab.

evanmoua

Postby evanmoua » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:54 am

Guys I hear magic marker works for getting rid of marks and scuffs but I don’t have any of that. U think acetone works or will that destroy paint? I got a mark on my eleven pop and want to fix it but it doesn’t come off with soap and water

Beaniiman

Postby Beaniiman » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:04 pm

A lot of great tips here, thanks.
ßeaniiman :freddy3:

LilThor

Postby LilThor » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:14 pm

You can just turn his head.. marvel is bobble so the wire moves just be careful with it

Return to “Pop!”