Basic DIY Funko "repair"

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
LilThor

Re: Basic DIY Funko "repair"

Postby LilThor » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:14 pm

evanmoua wrote:Guys I hear magic marker works for getting rid of marks and scuffs but I don’t have any of that. U think acetone works or will that destroy paint? I got a mark on my eleven pop and want to fix it but it doesn’t come off with soap and water

I've used magic erasers primarily... but nail polish remover does work too just be careful cuz it strips paint

Lutzo1

Postby Lutzo1 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:01 am

LilThor wrote:
evanmoua wrote:Guys I hear magic marker works for getting rid of marks and scuffs but I don’t have any of that. U think acetone works or will that destroy paint? I got a mark on my eleven pop and want to fix it but it doesn’t come off with soap and water

I've used magic erasers primarily... but nail polish remover does work too just be careful cuz it strips paint

Thanks for the great tips!

LilThor

Postby LilThor » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:34 am

Lutzo1 wrote:
LilThor wrote:

Thanks for the great tips!

Anytime! :)

Vader92

Postby Vader92 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:46 am

i have a pop that has their head a bit turned too much. how can i fix it

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:58 pm

Need that DIY Mickey. Reminds me of vynlmation

alphaomega1291

Postby alphaomega1291 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:54 pm

I've always been afraid to the take pops out of their boxes. Is there a good way to take them out without damaging it?
:freddy1: Hi I'm Kevin and I collect Stranger Things, Star Wars, Marvel, & GOT Pops!

ImageImageImageImageImage

DallasSwan

Postby DallasSwan » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:02 am

alphaomega1291 wrote:I've always been afraid to the take pops out of their boxes. Is there a good way to take them out without damaging it?

You need to nudge one of the corners out first from where it's catching on the flap, if you have skinny fingers, that helps a lot.
:freddy3:

Karebear101083

Postby Karebear101083 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:29 am

Thanks for posting this, sometimes there are little blemishes on pop and trying to figure out how to fix it can be stressful.

Funko-Magik

Postby Funko-Magik » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:01 am

Thanks for this, I posted a video on box repair and window removal!
Member of the Funko Funatics Philippines Group
Funko Foreigner, Living in the Philippines!
Current Pop Collection: 116
Current Pop Pez Collection: 5
Follow ME and my adventures on Instagram

racheva

Postby racheva » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:08 pm

Anyone else have trouble recently getting the figures that come with a clear plastic stand ON to the clear plastic stand? It’s like the holes are just not quite big enough. Super frustrating.
Star Wars/Harry Potter/Supernatural/Disney/Marvel/Golden Girls!

SDCC 2011-2018, Fundays 2016/2017/2018, NYCC 2014-2018, SWCO 2017, D23 Expo 2015/2017

Mags

Postby Mags » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:13 pm

racheva wrote:Anyone else have trouble recently getting the figures that come with a clear plastic stand ON to the clear plastic stand? It’s like the holes are just not quite big enough. Super frustrating.

My sister had this problem once, then she realized she was trying to put the figure on the stand backwards - she was trying to put the larger peg into the smaller hole lol

I usually don't have many problems with trying to get things to stay on their stands, but when I do I find sometime you just have to use a little force to get the peg into the hole. Either that or you stick something into the hole and use it to widen the hole a little.

racheva

Postby racheva » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:17 pm

Mags wrote:
racheva wrote:Anyone else have trouble recently getting the figures that come with a clear plastic stand ON to the clear plastic stand? It’s like the holes are just not quite big enough. Super frustrating.

My sister had this problem once, then she realized she was trying to put the figure on the stand backwards - she was trying to put the larger peg into the smaller hole lol

I usually don't have many problems with trying to get things to stay on their stands, but when I do I find sometime you just have to use a little force to get the peg into the hole. Either that or you stick something into the hole and use it to widen the hole a little.

I’m definitely putting it on the right way, they’re just not quite made right. It’s a bigger issue with certain pops I’m afraid I’ll break if I put too much pressure on the head, like nearly headless nick.

SDCC 2011-2018, Fundays 2016/2017/2018, NYCC 2014-2018, SWCO 2017, D23 Expo 2015/2017

Mags

Postby Mags » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:38 pm

racheva wrote:
Mags wrote:

I’m definitely putting it on the right way, they’re just not quite made right. It’s a bigger issue with certain pops I’m afraid I’ll break if I put too much pressure on the head, like nearly headless nick.

You try grabbing by the body and putting it on that way? Or by the legs?

racheva

Postby racheva » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:28 pm

Mags wrote:
racheva wrote:
Mags wrote:My sister had this problem once, then she realized she was trying to put the figure on the stand backwards - she was trying to put the larger peg into the smaller hole lol

Yup. Doesn't work. The pegs just don't fit. Kind of annoying when it's happening with the majority of pops. Not the end of the world, but annoying.

Meanwhile, this is my 1000th post! Crazy to think about it.

Mags

Postby Mags » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:35 pm

racheva wrote:
Mags wrote:
racheva wrote:

Yup. Doesn't work. The pegs just don't fit. Kind of annoying when it's happening with the majority of pops. Not the end of the world, but annoying.

Weird about the pops. But congrats on hitting 1000 posts! :D

DallasSwan

Postby DallasSwan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:47 pm

racheva wrote:
Mags wrote:
racheva wrote:

Maybe sand the pegs down? Or drill the holes bigger? They have very small drill bits.
Grats on the 1000th post!
:freddy3:

Return to “Pop!”