Basic DIY Funko "repair"

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
User avatar
Hgmaddhatter
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:37 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Basic DIY Funko "repair"

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Wed May 22, 2019 3:33 pm

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but Nail Polish remover is great for taking off paint mistakes. Just make sure that the mistake is actually not a scratch because the Polish Remover will take it down to the base color.

thisdudeproper
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 11:21 pm

Re: Basic DIY Funko "repair"

Postby thisdudeproper » Fri May 24, 2019 10:43 pm

Does anyone have any suggestions how to fix a chipped funko nose?

https://ibb.co/1Tdp0sD

zombiemilkshake
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 5:25 am

Re: Basic DIY Funko "repair"

Postby zombiemilkshake » Sun May 26, 2019 4:26 am

Great tips. Have used the hairdryer to get broken base pieces out of some of mine, too.

Paul_755
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 2:14 am

Re: Basic DIY Funko "repair"

Postby Paul_755 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:43 pm

Stumbled on a repair.

So, I thought that grey line on the forehead of the new Winston from Ghostbusters was rogue paint scratch so I tried to remove it, long story short I needed a way to dull up the area over that grey line to match the rest of the head. I tried a brand new regular pink pencil eraser and it worked perfectly, it scuffed it enough to match the rest of the head.

Dunno if anyone else will have a similar issue with a shiny patch but just thought I’d share for my first post.

Hawkeye_13
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 1:06 am

Re: Basic DIY Funko "repair"

Postby Hawkeye_13 » Thu May 30, 2019 12:24 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but Nail Polish remover is great for taking off paint mistakes. Just make sure that the mistake is actually not a scratch because the Polish Remover will take it down to the base color.

Do you think that would work on green blood splatter on that old hottopic predator?

BenLo
Posts: 690
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 1:07 am

Re: Basic DIY Funko "repair"

Postby BenLo » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:40 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but Nail Polish remover is great for taking off paint mistakes. Just make sure that the mistake is actually not a scratch because the Polish Remover will take it down to the base color.

Great trip! Just go lightly over the mistake to not remove and base paint

Moviemakeupfx
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:04 pm
Location: Las vegas

Re: Basic DIY Funko "repair"

Postby Moviemakeupfx » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:06 am

Mjacob78 wrote:
Mags wrote:
Mjacob78 wrote:So I have the flying tinkerbell in which the "pixie dust" is her stand that goes mid back. Well my cat knocked her off the shelf and the stand broke off by her back. Ive tried super glue and gorilla glue and nothing will hold it. Any ideas?

Did you give the glue enough time to cure? I bought my sister an Ernesto de la Cruz pop last year from a Toys R Us liquidation sale and somehow his legs had been snapped off (they were still in the box), so I borrowed a friend's E6000 glue and carefully glued the pop back together and propped it up in a location where it could cure for 24 hours without messing up the repair.

Either didn't let it sit long enough to cure, didn't get it realigned right when you glued it, or you need a stronger glue.


Well the damn cat also knocked over the NBC clown and he lost his legs and I was able to glue them back with no problem. I just think the clear stand maybe the way it broke right against her back and it won't hold up the pop weight so she's just lying on her side like she's posing lol.

I always find my glue gun to be very handy when it comes to putting humpty funko back together again. The great thing about a glue gun is it's easy to remove excess glue if you use too much or to add more if not enough.

User avatar
FunkoMeansFun
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:44 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: Basic DIY Funko "repair"

Postby FunkoMeansFun » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:59 pm

Paul_755 wrote:Stumbled on a repair.

So, I thought that grey line on the forehead of the new Winston from Ghostbusters was rogue paint scratch so I tried to remove it, long story short I needed a way to dull up the area over that grey line to match the rest of the head. I tried a brand new regular pink pencil eraser and it worked perfectly, it scuffed it enough to match the rest of the head.

Dunno if anyone else will have a similar issue with a shiny patch but just thought I’d share for my first post.


Pencil erasers sometimes work really well.

You can also try the white pen erasers they sell. Just go slow and small areas at a time .

:freddy1: :freddy3: :freddy4:
:freddy3: Image

ImageImage

Image

User avatar
YeetGrimes
Posts: 596
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:53 pm
Location: San Diego, California
Contact:

Re: Basic DIY Funko "repair"

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:20 pm

My Social Media Freddy still won't stand up right after using the hot and cold water trick. Strange. Maybe I need to leave it in the cold water longer.
Hiya, I'm Julie! I cosplayed as Pennywise at Funko Fundays 2018. I'm an It completist but also love to collect things from other movies, TV shows, games, etc. that I like.

I'm also an aspiring artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias:

Instagram: @julie.swaglord.grimes
Twitter: @YeetGrimes
Image

User avatar
FunkoFresh253
Posts: 551
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:19 pm
Location: Federal Way, WA

Re: Basic DIY Funko "repair"

Postby FunkoFresh253 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:44 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:My Social Media Freddy still won't stand up right after using the hot and cold water trick. Strange. Maybe I need to leave it in the cold water longer.



or try the museum putty trick.i had to use that for shuri, with her bobble head and pose she was soo off balance
ImageImage

User avatar
YeetGrimes
Posts: 596
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:53 pm
Location: San Diego, California
Contact:

Re: Basic DIY Funko "repair"

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:27 am

FunkoFresh253 wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:My Social Media Freddy still won't stand up right after using the hot and cold water trick. Strange. Maybe I need to leave it in the cold water longer.



or try the museum putty trick.i had to use that for shuri, with her bobble head and pose she was soo off balance

Thank you, will do!
Hiya, I'm Julie! I cosplayed as Pennywise at Funko Fundays 2018. I'm an It completist but also love to collect things from other movies, TV shows, games, etc. that I like.

I'm also an aspiring artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias:

Instagram: @julie.swaglord.grimes
Twitter: @YeetGrimes
Image


Return to “Pop!”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fun7930bd, kiptrip, OriginalDuffy, Refresh_Add_To_Cart, Strending625