Bad Pop Paint Job

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
treswright

Re: Bad Pop Paint Job

Postby treswright » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:00 pm

I've had a few dicey ones, but I have to say most of the newer ones have had really great paint jobs. The one exception I can think of is this Batman Impopster, I'm not particularly picky but it drives me a little nuts that the dividing line down the middle between red and black doesn't align (refer to the glam on the box and then look at the Pop):

I bought an Ariel online for my GF and when it arrived it had a huge gouge in one eye. I ended up buying her a different one in-store and drilled the eyes out of the damaged one and turned her into devil girl:

Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Postby valorandvellum » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:04 pm

LOL, some of these are pretty bad lol I think I've been relatively lucky with paint jobs. Seems like they have the most trouble with belts for some reason. But usually I can find a decent one out of a big batch of bad ones.
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

Vagabond

Postby Vagabond » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:15 pm

jd_mu wrote:Declined to pick this one up (obviously!) but how's the right eye on Leonard? (No, his glasses aren't crooked..) lol

Hahaha. Kind of looks like Negan got a hold of him, :blackeye:.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:33 am

i would have to say the metallic blue ranger and metallic Iron Patriot both had unfinished backsides lol
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:51 am

Do you mean paint job as in a custom paint job, or bad Pop quality? I have one. One of my Alice Pops is "bleeding" from the neck.
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:52 am

valorandvellum wrote:LOL, some of these are pretty bad lol I think I've been relatively lucky with paint jobs. Seems like they have the most trouble with belts for some reason. But usually I can find a decent one out of a big batch of bad ones.

For me personally, it's hands. I mean, it's like their hands aged terribly, or they're melting. Who knows? :roflmao:
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Well, speaking of bad paint jobs, I saw this in Walmart last night lol

Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

Return to “Pop!”