How Far Can You Go?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Mauison

Re: How Far Can You Go?

Postby Mauison » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:57 pm

I basically only collect Disney and am more or less complete. But once Disney hit #100, I realized that I should probably be more selective on which Disney I buy going forward. I bought the Robin Hood series of 3 and I thought to myself, I haven't even seen this movie, why did I buy them? In the future, I think I'll stick to exclusives + regulars that I really like. But we'll see.
Aloha, I'm David and I love everything Disney!!!

Dupree721

Postby Dupree721 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:25 am

I started with wanting just a few GoT POPs. I only have two of those and everything else is from a different property haha. I have a mix of stuff I really love though (The Hobbit, WWE, Ghostbusters, NFL, obscure movie characters, Marvel, DC and Disney) and when I am in stores I do look at all the POPs. I like the way some look and I see some so many times that I just want to take them home with me haha. I refrain from this though because ultimately I'd just be spending money on something I don't have a true attachment to.

I recently got a Bilbo POP for $50 shipped. It's steep but I did my research and called local comic shops around me too with no luck. The price I paid for him could've fetched me a few POPs, but they won't be as special or mean as much to me in my collection as Bilbo would.

joecolt

Postby joecolt » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:44 pm

Its pretty bad with me and my wife. we really try to stop each other (she mostly tries to stop me lol) but Pops are just too addicting and awesome.

cellularSP

Postby cellularSP » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:28 pm

I rarely get POPs for things I'm not too passionate about. Only ones I have that fall under that category are my Super Man and Wonder Woman, and I have those due to Christmas last year (and the DC Domos, but those were more of a "since they're on sale..." thing this past summer).

Recently I've gotten pretty good at not buying any Funkos for periods of time. I have a system: accumulate Bing points via searching, and save up for Amazon gift cards (biggest ones you can get are 5 dollar ones). Those then usually lead into a POP purchase when I get 10 dollars worth. It's then (usually) hard to decide what to get with that, since it'll be a decent amount of time before you can get to the 10 dollar mark again. I've gotten a few POPs using this method, and having to decide which ones you really want helps cut down on the excess impulse-buy POPs and focus on the ones you really want.
POP! Count: 64
Collecting since: 3-9-13

misterjstewart

Postby misterjstewart » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:49 pm

I have a big empty jar that my daughter and i put our spare change into until it's like half full. Then, we take it to the Coinstar and cash it in and buy toys. We usually get about $150-200 from the jar every 2 months or so and go crazy. Coinstar doesn't take a fee if you put it on vouchers for various stores like Toys R Us or Amazon, both of which carry all the Funko and other stuff we collect/play with (she's 7). We both love the thrill of blind box/bag items and spend a lot on that.

As for collecting, I stick with my favorites and what catches my eye. I tend to collect around a theme or character. (Right now I have ton's of Doctor Who related stuff: Titans, Action Figures, MLP Dr. (W)Hooves.)
--------------8< SNIP >8------------------
Her: "How many of those things are you gonna buy?"
Me: "All of them."

Call me James.
IG: @misterjstewart (toys and life)
Los Spastikos Fantastikos

ellavader

Postby ellavader » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:52 pm

It's so hard for me and my boyfriend to decide which ones to get. Udually we try to finish off collections that we ha email started but we end up seeing new ones we want and start new collections. We're having a hard time with the dragonball z ones right now. I want to find Vegata but I haven't seen him yet : (
pop count:79
new:sheer khan, xibalba, lando calrissian, captain malcolm reynolds, hank schrader.

asilentliaison

Postby asilentliaison » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:51 am

misterjstewart wrote:I have a big empty jar that my daughter and i put our spare change into until it's like half full. Then, we take it to the Coinstar and cash it in and buy toys. We usually get about $150-200 from the jar every 2 months or so and go crazy. Coinstar doesn't take a fee if you put it on vouchers for various stores like Toys R Us or Amazon, both of which carry all the Funko and other stuff we collect/play with (she's 7). We both love the thrill of blind box/bag items and spend a lot on that.

As for collecting, I stick with my favorites and what catches my eye. I tend to collect around a theme or character. (Right now I have ton's of Doctor Who related stuff: Titans, Action Figures, MLP Dr. (W)Hooves.)

Coinstar is an excellent idea. Thanks for that. I'll need to use that on my fiancee! "But honey, I've been saving all my pennies! Please, please let me buy a new toy!" lol

jpaskoff

Postby jpaskoff » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:09 am

How far can I go? Normally only 2nd base, 3rd if I'm lucky.
My name is Jared!

I'm looking for the color protos for First Appearance Nightwing, TAS Robin, Robin as Batman, and Carrie Kelley

WarriorPrincess

Postby WarriorPrincess » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:05 pm

When I first saw the Disney line, I wanted all of them but now I've decided to just stick with my favourite princesses/heroines. It makes it easier. All the other lines I want I'll just have to wait and see how they turn out.
Pops: 1
Rock Candy: 1

bearly

Postby bearly » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:17 pm

I'm collecting my favorites first, and since my interests extend to a lot of different mediums and characters, it really just depends on budget.

However, I do have some personal goals like getting every bloody Walking Dead pop and getting the entire collection of Game of Thrones, and getting my favorite DC Comics characters (and a majority of Batman characters). Outside of that, I just get what interests me or what I find cute/cool which varies from Hobbit to Disney to Marvel to video game series and even Sharknado.
I'm Diana. / GoT, TWD, DC = my golden trio.

Return to “Pop!”