Xena Warrior Princess Pops?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
anime23

Re: Xena Warrior Princess Pops?

Postby anime23 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:19 pm

DMScurvy wrote:At least Xena and Herc

With a GITD chakram
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:53 am

I hoe that SDCC 2018 brings some good news for me and my fellow hardcore, nutball Xenites!

Pops, Rock Candy, Legacy, Reaction, Savage World, Plush, etc - I would buy any and all Funko products released for the Xena: Warrior Princess brand!
XENA: Warrior Princess AND Gabrielle: Battling Bard deserve to be immortalised in plastic as Funko Pops!

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:23 am

RHYDA32 wrote:throw in hercules and i will have another line to collect.

The possibilities with this line! Full on freak out if they announce it ever, and my wallet will just Nope right out.
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:27 pm

So, I'm bored and I'm just going to run with this and explore all the possibilities for a Xena: Warrior Princess Pop line.

I'd like to imagine that it would include (as a minimum):

- Xena (standard armour) with regular chakram (variant would be Xena with the super / ying-yang chakram from seasons 5 and 6)
- Gabrielle (BGSB and brown skirt) with staff (variant would be Gabrielle with "angry eyes" as her coincidentally identical daughter "Hope")
- Callisto (standard armour) with sword (variant would be "goddess" Callisto with fireball instead of sword or possible immortal Callisto with the facial scar)
- Ares (standard armour, long hair) with sword (or maybe just a godly "energy" ball) (variant would be ... not sure, possibly a short hair variant)
- Xena WITH Argo (Xena's faithful steed)

But, I think the Pop line could expand beyond the core characters to potentially also include:

- Xena variants, including "Evil Warrior" armour (from the original Hercules: The Legendary Journeys trilogy), "Destroyer of Nations" armour and "season 5 / pregnant warrior" armour. There are plenty of other options, but those seem to be the most likely.
- Gabrielle variants including "season 5 leather bikini and sais", "season 6 suede bikini and sais", "season 1 Amazon Princess" armour and "season 2 Amazon Queen armour". Once again, there are plenty of other options.
- Xena and Gabrielle two-packs, for example, "Demon Xena v Archangel Gabrielle" from season 5's "Fallen Angel", "Samurai Xena and Samurai Gabrielle" from the (controversial series finale "Friend in Need"), "Indian Xena and Indian Gabrielle" from season 4's "India" set episodes, etc.
- Xena, Gabrielle and Callisto three-packs (for example, an "Ides of March" or "Fallen Angel" three-pack).
- Xena and her many look-a-likes mega-pack including Xena, Diana, Meg and Leah!

As for other characters, it would be great to also see:

- Joxer
- Aphrodite
- Livia (as long as they don't release an Eve variant - "In the name of Eli" please don't release an Eve variant)
- Autolycus (seems quite likely due to being portrayed by Bruce Campbell)
- Caesar (maybe likely due to being portrayed by Karl Urban)
- Hope (if not already released as a Gabrielle variant)
- Alti
- Ephiny
- Hercules (although I'm personally not a Kevin Sorbo fan)
- Iolaus

And if the lines was still doing well enough, then we could possibly see the following (although they seem pretty unlikely):

- Varia
- Borias
- Amarice
- Athena
- Eli

Now, it's over to Funko to make this Xenite's dreams come true!
XENA: Warrior Princess AND Gabrielle: Battling Bard deserve to be immortalised in plastic as Funko Pops!

XSRK

Postby XSRK » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:58 am

I loved watching Hercules n Xena growing up. I would love to see pops made for both series. I need to go back and watch these series I can’t remember most of the characters.

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:33 am

So, sadly another convention has passed by without an announcement about Funko obtaining the licence for Xena: Warrior Princess Pops.

I'll just keep banging the drum wherever I can. I'm pretty sure the last "new" Xena collectible / figural merchandise was released almost 20 years ago. There are still a lot of Xenites, including myself, who would like to spend their hard earned money on some plastic crack.

And Xena could well be a gateway drug. After all, if you have Xena on your shelf, then you should probably add: Buffy, Sydney Bristow, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, She-Ra, Wyonna Earp, Sarah Connor, Ripley, Arya, Brienne and many other existing or possible future Pops. It could be the start of a super heroine addiction for many.

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:09 am

My fiance would like to see these made. Come on funko you know u want my money lol.

Vises35

Postby Vises35 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:11 am

Agent 86 wrote:Yes, yes and YES!

I'd happily purchase any and all "Xena: Warrior Princess" Pop figures made by Funko (along with plush figures, ReAction figures and especially Legacy figures).

I'd like to see Xena (perhaps with a chakram variant - original and ying yang), Evil Xena (with the Hercules trilogy costume), Gabrielle (standard season 3/4 with a staff and a "Hope" variant with angry eyes), Gabrielle (season 5/6 with sais), Callisto (with an "immortal" (face scar) and a "goddess" (GITD eyes) variant), Ares (with a short hair variant), Joxer, Livia, Aphrodite, Alti, Athena, Argo, Autolycus, Hercules, Iolaus, etc, etc.

You know your stuff! I agree with this list 100%! So much potential with this line! Please Funko please!

Instagram: Viseslovestocollect

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:53 am

With the upcoming 25th anniversary of the series (US) premier in 2020, I sure hope that Funko fulfil my dream of a Xena: Warrior Princess line of Pops!

As well as releasing Xena products in their ReAction, Savage World, Legacy, Rock Candy, Plush and all other lines.

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:58 pm

https://www.funko.com/blog/article/toy- ... incess-pop

Thank you Funko!

I can’t wait to buy Xena (and Diana as Xena, Leah as Xena and Meg as Xena) or really, just an entire army of Xenas!

But, where is Gabrielle? We can’t have the Warrior Princess without her Battling Bard? They’re a dynamic duo. You can’t release Xena without Gabrielle.

Hercules is a very poor substitute for Gabrielle: https://www.funko.com/blog/article/toy- ... rcules-pop

And after Gabrielle, I’d like to see: Callisto, Ares, Joxer and Argo.

And plenty more after that, but let’s get the essentials and some Xena and Gabrielle variants out of the way first.

Oh, and I really want to see Xena (and Gabrielle) in Savage World. And Rock Candy. And ReAction and Legacy. And Plush! Basically, anything and everything Funko makes - I want to see Xena immortalised in that product line.

Thanks once again Funko. I hope that the Xena Pop is just the start of an avalanche of Xena: Warrior Princess collectibles for me to spend lots of money on!

lrdavis28

Postby lrdavis28 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:32 pm

i honestly teared up when this was announced, xena was such a big part of my life growing up and with the 25th anniversary convention going down in la next yr this is gonna be amazing,now here is to hoping we at least get a gabrielle and many more because the xena love is real.
call me LD

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:40 pm

lrdavis28 wrote:i honestly teared up when this was announced, xena was such a big part of my life growing up and with the 25th anniversary convention going down in la next yr this is gonna be amazing,now here is to hoping we at least get a gabrielle and many more because the xena love is real.

It’s wonderful isn’t it? I’ve been waiting so long for Funko to release Xena. I hope that we don’t have to wait just as long for Gabrielle!

XSRK

Postby XSRK » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:01 am

I loved watching Hercules n Xena back in the day. I always wondered if the would still hold up now. I tried watching Baywatch but couldn’t do it lol

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:28 am

XSRK wrote:I loved watching Hercules n Xena back in the day. I always wondered if the would still hold up now. I tried watching Baywatch but couldn’t do it lol

Xena, yes. Hercules, no. There are numerous articles out there which discuss it further, but Xena: Warrior Princess was groundbreaking when you consider that it premiered in the mid 90s. You do need to overlook the outdated SFX, although it didn’t rely on CGI too much. And it takes a while to embrace long form storytelling. The drastic tonal shifts between episodes can be jarring, but it’s a side effect of trying to tell season long stories while still being a syndicated TV show which dictated that the series mainly consist of standalone episodes.

But, I’m a little bias given that it’s my favourite TV series ever!

Arnold11

Postby Arnold11 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:19 pm

I saw one at the Toy Fair or the concept art. I hope they make a bunch of these characters

racheva

Postby racheva » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:27 pm

Nice that they're finally making Xena, but they have to make Gabrielle, too!
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:57 pm

racheva wrote:Nice that they're finally making Xena, but they have to make Gabrielle, too!

Indeed! You can't have the Warrior Princess without her Amazon Queen aka Gabrielle.

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:03 pm

Arnold11 wrote:I saw one at the Toy Fair or the concept art. I hope they make a bunch of these characters

I agree! As a minimum, I hope that we get:

- Gabrielle (season 3 costume - BGSB, brown skirt and staff)
- Hope (an easy "variant" of Gabrielle with "angry" eyes)
- Callisto (ideally with a variant - mortal holding sword and goddess holding fireball)
- Ares (season 3 longer hair)
- Joxer
- Argo (for Xena to ride and Gabrielle to walk beside)

I think Autolycus could be a contender for the first wave, simply because of the popularity of Bruce Campbell despite the fact that Autolycus had limited appearances on Xena: Warrior Princess. Maybe he'll be included in a broader Hercules: The Legendary Journeys line along with Iolaus, "Evil Warlord" Xena, Aphrodite and others?

My actual wish list for Xena runs a lot longer and includes: Alti, Livia, Caesar, Aphrodite, Autolycus, Ephiny, Varia, Amarice, Athena, Cupid, Draco, etc.

And I'd really like to see some Xena and Gabrielle variants of course. As a minimum, I'd like to see Xena in her "Evil Warlord" armour from her first appearance on Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Gabrielle in her season 5 "Amazonian leather bikini, short hair and sais" look.

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:10 pm

https://www.funko.com/blog/article/toy- ... incess-pop

So ... obviously, I'm over the moon that we're getting a Xena Pop.

But, if I was able to offer some critiques of the concept sketch, they would be as follows:

- while Xena did wear a "braid" headband, it was a pretty early look and one which was quickly dropped (although Gabrielle later wore a similar "braided" headband in a brown colour). I would have preferred a "side braid" or just "regular / default" Xena hair
- I would have preferred if the chakram's diagonal / triangular patterned side was facing the viewer, instead of the square / rectangular patterned side. I think the diagonal / triangular pattern is more dynamic
- it would be a shame if Xena was missing her scabbard from her back, although somewhat understandable as it's probably not absolutely essential
- it's interesting that Xena is holding her sword AND chakram. It seems like it would have been somewhat easy to make two variants - one holding a sword and one holding the chakram to sell more of them
- given the way Xena is holding the chakram, it looks like they could easily make a variant which replaces the original chakram with the "super" aka ying yang chakram
- it's hard to tell from a small concept sketch, but it looks like they've accurately captured the base colour of Xena's leathers and the various metallic accent colours (bronze and silver)
- hopefully the thicker legs keep Xena stable in her battle-ready / lunging pose.

And one last critique - Xena doesn't come with Gabrielle, her most essential accessory!

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:13 am

I love Xena and definatly getting this. She is my fav childhood female warrior!
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:54 am

So ... does anyone know the rough timeline from seeing concept art through to seeing a production sample?

The pre-order release dates seem to be all over the place, from June to September 2019, but I'm wondering when we might actually see the genuine Xena Funko Pop. I'm excited to see the concept art translated into 3D form!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:32 am

A Xena ride with horse!

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:58 pm

rexflexall wrote:A Xena ride with horse!

YES! Xena and Argo would be great to see.

Maybe even a season 6 Gabrielle with Amber / Handsome / whatever her horse's name was.

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:29 pm

Eugh! The wait for the Xena Funko Pop is torturous!

Especially when we still don't have any news about a future Gabrielle Funko Pop to join Xena on the shelf.

jenjen

Postby jenjen » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:38 pm

Still can’t believe these haven’t been made yet.

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:51 pm

jenjen wrote:Still can’t believe these haven’t been made yet.

Xena is on her way - it's just taking forever to get to September which is the release date.

Unfortunately, Gabrielle hasn't yet been announced. So, Xena will be very lonely on the shelf without her partner in the fight for the greater good!

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:20 pm

Does anyone know if Funko had upcoming releases at SDCC or just existing product and the various SDCC exclusive?

I've tried hunting around for photos of Funko's booth to see if they had a prototype / production Xena: Warrior Princess on display as part of their upcoming products, with no luck.

yupyeahuhhuh

Postby yupyeahuhhuh » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:13 am

Ahhh, I can't wait! Xena: Warrior Princess and Hercules shaped my youth. I hope they make a Gabrielle, Joxer and Callisto too.

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:55 am

Xena is coming! Patience to all but it did took awhile.
IG: chasingvynl
Hello my name is Ken!
Pop Count: Too much
Main Line: GOT, WD, Disney, Simpsons, DBZ/DBS, Anime, Naruto
SDCC 17, SDCC 18, SDCC 19, ECCC 18, CRX 19, SDCC 22
ISO: Anime protos

Image Image

spidex

Postby spidex » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:02 am

Wow!! The princess warrior xena??? Take my money!!!
ImageImage
ImageImage

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wHy mE woRRy? :spiderman:
IG: www.instagram.com/spidexy

DivineWarrior

Postby DivineWarrior » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:58 pm

They should make both Hercules and Xena at the same time they both aired around the same time and If i recall correctly they had shared episodes at times.
NYCC Five Timer - 2017-2022, 1 Timer - Fright Night

Image Image

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:11 am

DivineWarrior wrote:They should make both Hercules and Xena at the same time they both aired around the same time and If i recall correctly they had shared episodes at times.

Funko *are* making Hercules. But, ONLY Xena and Hercules (so far). No Gabrielle. No Iolaus. No Ares, Aphrodite, Joxer, Autolycus, Callisto, etc.

DivineWarrior

Postby DivineWarrior » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:03 am

Agent 86 wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:They should make both Hercules and Xena at the same time they both aired around the same time and If i recall correctly they had shared episodes at times.

Funko *are* making Hercules. But, ONLY Xena and Hercules (so far). No Gabrielle. No Iolaus. No Ares, Aphrodite, Joxer, Autolycus, Callisto, etc.

I must've missed the notice on that one. Are these the glam shots of the ones being made of Hercules and Xena?

Image Image

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:28 am

A Hercules/Xena two pack would be cool!
:freddy1:

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:40 am

DivineWarrior wrote:I must've missed the notice on that one. Are these the glam shots of the ones being made of Hercules and Xena?

Yes. I thought prototypes / production versions *might* have been shown at SDCC, but I haven't had any luck finding photos if they were.

Xena (and Hercules) are due for release in September 2019, so hopefully we see the finalised, production versions soon. And (even more) hopefully Funko soon announce additional characters from the Xenaverse being released as Pops, particularly Gabrielle!

DivineWarrior

Postby DivineWarrior » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:00 pm

Agent 86 wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:I must've missed the notice on that one. Are these the glam shots of the ones being made of Hercules and Xena?

Yes. I thought prototypes / production versions *might* have been shown at SDCC, but I haven't had any luck finding photos if they were.

Xena (and Hercules) are due for release in September 2019, so hopefully we see the finalised, production versions soon. And (even more) hopefully Funko soon announce additional characters from the Xenaverse being released as Pops, particularly Gabrielle!

I agree, I wouldn't be surprised it we get some of these as an exclusive at NYCC.

Image Image

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:09 pm

Agent 86 wrote:

Hopefully they sell well, and they add more of the characters.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:38 pm

DivineWarrior wrote:I agree, I wouldn't be surprised it we get some of these as an exclusive at NYCC.

Fingers crossed! A bronze / patina Xena Funko Pop seems like an obvious exclusive. I know Funko have done bronze / patina variants before. It would be cool to have a "statue" version of Xena: Warrior Princess!

A white marble variant would also be cool to see - I'm not sure Funko has experimented with something like that before though?

DivineWarrior

Postby DivineWarrior » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:03 pm

Agent 86 wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:I agree, I wouldn't be surprised it we get some of these as an exclusive at NYCC.

Fingers crossed! A bronze / patina Xena Funko Pop seems like an obvious exclusive. I know Funko have done bronze / patina variants before. It would be cool to have a "statue" version of Xena: Warrior Princess!

A white marble variant would also be cool to see - I'm not sure Funko has experimented with something like that before though?

I don't recall seeing any Marble type characters. It would be neat though!

Image Image

lrdavis28

Postby lrdavis28 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:34 pm

Gabrielle oh where art thou Gabrielle, seriously need her in time for the 25 anniversary con next yr
call me LD

Return to “Pop!”