Chances of Buffy line 2?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
POPMichael

Chances of Buffy line 2?

Postby POPMichael » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:22 pm

What do you think the chances of a Buffy line series 2 will be? Do you think the first line/reaction lines were profitable enough to warrant a series 2? If not, I will gladly take a Xander, Giles, and Cordelia as Hot Topic Exclusives. The gang wouldn't be complete without them...side note, I follow Charisma Carpenter on Instagram and she posted a pic of the Cordelia (from Coven pop) and said something along the lines of "wishful thinking." Cordelia herself wants to be a POP!

kevin87

Re: Chances of Buffy line 2?

Postby kevin87 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:24 am

as much as I love Buffy and would buy any Buffy Pop, those three are kind of the most generic characters.. they'd probably do Faith, Anya (Anyanka HT exclusive) and some others first. probably the same with River from Firefly, she was pretty much just a girl with messy hair in a dress, so they didn't have anything to set her apart really.

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:47 am

Giles, Xander, Cordy, Anya, Drusilla and Faith would be a stellar series two. Halloween night Xander, Bunny suit Anya, Anyanka exclusives.

Five by five?
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

POPMichael

Postby POPMichael » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:38 am

I have to disagree about Giles being generic. I can see about the other two but Giles has a look about him that is less generic especially when you compare him to the likes of Angel and Oz, who were previously made.

POPMichael

Postby POPMichael » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:44 am

BillyLouis wrote:Giles, Xander, Cordy, Anya, Drusilla and Faith would be a stellar series two. Halloween night Xander, Bunny suit Anya, Anyanka exclusives.

Five by five?

I would also add Vampire Angel/Angelus and The Master.

That would be an epic enough series to stop with. Some people who are in the Buffy fandom expect every random character to be made. But with series 1, and if "series 2" above would come into existence, I think that most Buffy fans would be appreciative.

asilentliaison

Postby asilentliaison » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:47 am

I think it was profitable! I know I'm biased and full of wishful thinking, but Chase Vamp Spike was huge, and so was Wishverse Willow. I see tons of Buffy Pops in Instagram tags and am remaining very optimistic. I sincerely hope for a Vampire Angel, Giles, and Buffy in different garb - my ideal would be Becoming Part 2 coat from season 2. I'd take her with the Scythe though as well!

redhawk

Postby redhawk » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:52 am

I would love to see more Buffy pops! At least with the additions of Giles and Xander just to complete the main set of regulars. I would love to see Anya, Cordelia and Tara as well...and Vamp Face Angel would be a great variant.

If it's going to mimic series one and have a demon thrown in there (the Gentlemen) I'd guess Sweet from Once More With Feeling would have a good chance...that episode is super popular
My Blog: http://addictedtofunko.tumblr.com/

Geniusrecluse8

Postby Geniusrecluse8 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:36 am

redhawk wrote:If it's going to mimic series one and have a demon thrown in there (the Gentlemen) I'd guess Sweet from Once More With Feeling would have a good chance...that episode is super popular

What about Der Kindestod? Arguably the scariest Buffy demon. Or Clem, definitely the cutest ;-)

Anyway, I'm hoping for a Tara.. surprise, surprise. Also: Anya, Faith, Dawn, Giles and more Buffys and Willows. And Xander just because he's one of the main 4.
This post was brought to you by Sam

Ice04242

Postby Ice04242 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:20 pm

BillyLouis wrote:Giles, Xander, Cordy, Anya, Drusilla and Faith would be a stellar series two. Halloween night Xander, Bunny suit Anya, Anyanka exclusives.

Five by five?

These are all very good ideas! I'm thinking vampire angel is needed SW3
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:44 pm

Angelus is a must! So is Faith and Dru. And Bunny Suit Anya would be awesome.
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

wenhol8710

Postby wenhol8710 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:13 pm

kevin87 wrote:as much as I love Buffy and would buy any Buffy Pop, those three are kind of the most generic characters.. they'd probably do Faith, Anya (Anyanka HT exclusive) and some others first. probably the same with River from Firefly, she was pretty much just a girl with messy hair in a dress, so they didn't have anything to set her apart really.

In my opinion, you can't get much more generic than the Angel Pop (even though I did buy him)...and Xander is more important to the show than Oz (who I totally passed on). I also feel like there were cooler demons/villains to be made than The Gentleman. But that's just my thoughts... ;-)
wenhol8710 on Instagram

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:48 pm

POPMichael wrote:

Five by five?

I would also add Vampire Angel/Angelus and The Master.

That would be an epic enough series to stop with. Some people who are in the Buffy fandom expect every random character to be made. But with series 1, and if "series 2" above would come into existence, I think that most Buffy fans would be appreciative.

The Master would be nice as well Mayor Wilkins, Glory even. I could go on and on, and probably make at least three more series for us Buffy fans to buy. I also, agree a Angelus chase/exclusive would be great. The First Slayer, Dawn, Joyce, D’Hoffryn, Gnarl, Moloch the Corruptor, Jonathan, Tara, Olaf the Troll, Der Kindestod as someone else suggested would all make great looking POP!s...................well, I would at least buy them all. haha.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:49 pm

Oh, and that Demon Loan Shark that is literally a shark-man. haha.

asilentliaison

Postby asilentliaison » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:02 pm

Oh my goodness, how did I forget my sweet Tara? Of course I need her too! And yessss to The Master! I'd love The Judge too.

redhawk

Postby redhawk » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:31 pm

Der Kinderstood really freaked me out when I first watched it, him as a pop would be amazing! Now Adam was never one of my favorite villains but I think his look is super cool. As far as big bads go he's got a unique look to him.

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:06 pm

true about Giles being less generic than Angel and Spike... if they do him right with something in his hands like a book or something then it won't be so bad. it'd kind of be the same with Dawn, apart from her purpose that was eventually revealed, she would just look like a normal teenage girl, but now with Sixteen Candles out, that's not so bad lol

let's see, Giles, Xander, military Xander (from that Halloween episode), Tara, Anya, Anyanka, bunny Anya, dark Willow, goddess Willow, wolf Oz, Riley in his Initiative getup ... all those baddies... all those potential slayers.. let's just rename the company to Buffko Pops :p

I kind of would think Cordelia and a vamp Angel, and Wesley, would be better suited for an possible Angel series if they ever make one.

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:13 pm

Oh nice idea with the wolf Oz.

Ah, this sucks, I'm bummed because I sadly do not see us getting many of these. :(

OhHellYes

Postby OhHellYes » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:04 pm

We NEED a second series (at least!) of Buffy, PLEASE Funko!

Xander and Giles are completely necessary, and Cordelia and Faith should also happen. Another Buffy would be great, and The Master to round it out.

I really hope we get at least one more series of BtVS.
mac-ohhellyes.blogspot.com

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:29 pm

OhHellYes wrote:We NEED a second series (at least!) of Buffy, PLEASE Funko!

Xander and Giles are completely necessary, and Cordelia and Faith should also happen. Another Buffy would be great, and The Master to round it out.

I really hope we get at least one more series of BtVS.

I agree, at least one more series. Giles, Xander, and even Cordelia are musts. Then throw in Faith, Anya and maybe Dru or The Master.

If you went with another Buffy, what look would you go for?

OhHellYes

Postby OhHellYes » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:38 pm

Great question! I was trying to think of what my ideal second Buffy would look like... Maybe from "The Gift"? Simple enough design (grey pants & white sweater) from an iconic episode that we never got any kind of figure representation of. Or maybe "Chosen" Buffy. I'm thinking something in pants this time. Ah! This is getting me too excited for something that might not happen :(

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:52 pm

Great choices.

I wouldn't mind this:

Or Buffy with the scythe.

AlexisSkrull

Postby AlexisSkrull » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:20 pm

Regular Xander imight be considered generic, but I would love a season 8 version with the eye patch! I don't have any of the Buffy pop's (or reactions) and need to hunt the original series down at my local stores if I can find them.

Reaction Rules!

OhHellYes

Postby OhHellYes » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:41 pm

BillyLouis wrote:Great choices.

I wouldn't mind this:

Or Buffy with the scythe.

Can't ever go wrong with "Prophecy Girl" Buffy!!! I was going to suggest her too.

OhHellYes

Postby OhHellYes » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:42 pm

AlexisSkrull wrote:Regular Xander imight be considered generic, but I would love a season 8 version with the eye patch! I don't have any of the Buffy pop's (or reactions) and need to hunt the original series down at my local stores if I can find them.

Maybe eye-patch Xander as an exclusive, but I really need a normal early-seasons Xander and a full librarian Giles :)

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:49 pm

Yeah I need regular Xander and Giles as well. But I do like the eye patch Xander to go along with my Halloween night Xander.

Oh, and what about a Ripper Giles. :)

AlexisSkrull

Postby AlexisSkrull » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:31 pm

So many choices available for reusing the mold. lol. Also how about vampire buffy or vampire willow? Also Dark Willow if she has not been made yet.

Reaction Rules!

OhHellYes

Postby OhHellYes » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:40 pm

I want so many Buffy Pop!s!!!!!!

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:23 pm

Same here, same here....................

OhHellYes

Postby OhHellYes » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:46 pm

I really hope we get some more. Tonight, SMG herself favorited my tweet showing off the full Buffy Pop! collection (so far [fingers crossed! lol}). \:D/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:11 pm

Vampire Angel aka Angelus to go with my Vampire Spike, that's all I want from the Buffy line.
Now...if we wanted to talk Pops from Angel...that's a different story. :D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Sidewinder

Postby Sidewinder » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:14 pm

I think Funko are spreading themselves a bit too thin with the amount of licences they are acquiring. These pops are all over the place now and I think sooner or later people will be tired of collecting them. Buffy should be one license they make further pops from considering the material they have to go by and the popularity of the series.

I don't know how popular Arrested Development was as a release. Same for American Horror Story, which seemed to be always in stock at Hot Topic, even the exclusives.

I think Funko should put a little more thought into some of the character releases. I think the first wave of Buffy had too many generic looking characters and only the chase Spike, Gentleman and the Buffy and Willow exclusives were the interesting looking pops. I don't think we needed an Oz and could have just had the Vampire Spike rather than the regular version.

I really hope we do see a series 2 considering there are still many regular characters they could include. Funko seem pretty slow with some of the licenses, like Supernatural. There are plenty of characters they could do from that show, but seem more interested in releasing different versions of Sam, Dean and Cas using the same moulds over and over again. I was glad to see 2 different characters added to that line recently and hope the same thing happens with Buffy.

OhHellYes

Postby OhHellYes » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:14 pm

That's a good point! I do hope that they add more to the Buffy line, even if it comes in dribs and drabs (though I don't love that because I want them all NOW haha). But I'll take Buffy Pop!s any way I can get em!

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:22 am

OhHellYes wrote:I really hope we get some more. Tonight, SMG herself favorited my tweet showing off the full Buffy Pop! collection (so far [fingers crossed! lol}). \:D/

Very cool, my friend. Now to bad she didn't have some pull with Brian and Funko to get us more POP!s. haha.

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:00 am

More Buffy is always welcomed by me! Just read my signature for the characters I want most.

A new Buffy would be nice...maybe with scythe, "Becoming" with blue jacket, or "Prophecy Girl".

Big Bads I really want: The Master, The Judge, The Mayor, Drusilla, Glory, Dark Willow, & Caleb

As for exclusives: Anyanka, Angelus, Xander with eyepatch, cheerleader Cordelia
Last edited by tlc38tlc38 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buffy POP! & Re-Action figures I want most in wave 2: Giles, Xander, Faith, Cordelia, Anya, The Master, Drusilla, & Vampire Angel

redhawk

Postby redhawk » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:10 am

Sidewinder wrote:I think Funko should put a little more thought into some of the character releases. I think the first wave of Buffy had too many generic looking characters and only the chase Spike, Gentleman and the Buffy and Willow exclusives were the interesting looking pops. I don't think we needed an Oz and could have just had the Vampire Spike rather than the regular version.

I really agree with this, the Angel and Oz pops in particular look like they could belong in any sort of line. It's tough with shows like this that're based on people wearing regular outfits day to day. Unless they have a certain aesthetic to their personal taste in wardrobe they could literally be anyone. If funko releases more Buffy characters it'd probably have to be very specific outfits from a certain episode. Even that is a little tricky. Like with Oz for example (if they didn't do a werewolf version) they could've done his halloween costume from Fear itself with the little God name tag.

OhHellYes

Postby OhHellYes » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:46 pm

BillyLouis wrote:
OhHellYes wrote:I really hope we get some more. Tonight, SMG herself favorited my tweet showing off the full Buffy Pop! collection (so far [fingers crossed! lol}). \:D/

Very cool, my friend. Now to bad she didn't have some pull with Brian and Funko to get us more POP!s. haha.

Thanks!! :)

riotgeek

Postby riotgeek » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:08 pm

wenhol8710 wrote:In my opinion, you can't get much more generic than the Angel Pop (even though I did buy him)...and Xander is more important to the show than Oz (who I totally passed on).

Agreed. This needs to exist. I *need* a Xander pop for my Buffy collection! I'd love to see Giles and Bunny Anya as well. Wolfie Oz would also be neat.
| Nuala aka riotgeek. |
(It's "Nu-lah" not "New-ah-lah") :)

☆☆☆ My website: www.superpopawesome.com ☆☆☆

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:30 pm

OhHellYes wrote:
BillyLouis wrote:

Thanks!! :)

You're very welcome. Now, lets get on Brian about more Buffy POP!s. lol

OhHellYes

Postby OhHellYes » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:08 pm

BillyLouis wrote:You're very welcome. Now, lets get on Brian about more Buffy POP!s. lol

Hell yeah!!! FUNKO PLEEEEEEEASE make more Buffy Pop!s -- we need at the very least Xander & Giles (plus Faith, another Buffy, Cordelia, and the Master or Ubervamp and more!). Pretty please!!

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:41 pm

OhHellYes wrote:
BillyLouis wrote:You're very welcome. Now, lets get on Brian about more Buffy POP!s. lol

Hell yeah!!! FUNKO PLEEEEEEEASE make more Buffy Pop!s -- we need at the very least Xander & Giles (plus Faith, another Buffy, Cordelia, and the Master or Ubervamp and more!). Pretty please!!

I would like to believe they have plans to at least finish the core Scooby gang. I mean, they made them in the RePlays, so why not in POP! form!?!? :)

Return to “Pop!”