Chances of Buffy line 2?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Geniusrecluse8

Re: Chances of Buffy line 2?

Postby Geniusrecluse8 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:01 am

To be fair, those two shows are both still on and insanely popular. Buffy still has a very loyal following, true, but it's only natural that the BtVS fanbase isn't as big now as the TWD and GoT fanbases currently are.
And even though the show is iconic, it's nowhere near Star Trek levels of iconic. Unfortunately. :(
This post was brought to you by Sam

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:32 pm

And the sad thing is, we are only really asking for two in Xander and Giles. I mean, I would love more than that, but I would be happy with finishing the Scooby Gang.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

Younger_Avenger

Postby Younger_Avenger » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:00 pm

I'm a massive Buffy\Angel fan but I don't even have the pops on display anymore. Plus I didn't even buy The Wish Willow. I would love Xander, Cordy, Anya and Giles :( also Andrew Devon and Billy from the comics hahah
TWD: Aaron GOT: Loras Tyrell AHS: Kit, Lana, Kyle, Jimmy

Wants; -King of the hill -Archie/Riverdale -Charmed

OhHellYes

Postby OhHellYes » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:30 pm

BillyLouis wrote:And the sad thing is, we are only really asking for two in Xander and Giles. I mean, I would love more than that, but I would be happy with finishing the Scooby Gang.

This.
mac-ohhellyes.blogspot.com

POPMichael

Postby POPMichael » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:34 pm

Let's get a Hot Topic exclusive Giles, Xander, Vampire Angel and Cordelia and move on with our lives. That's all we truly need.

AliCat4004

Postby AliCat4004 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:06 pm

POPMichael wrote:Let's get a Hot Topic exclusive Giles, Xander, Vampire Angel and Cordelia and move on with our lives. That's all we truly need.

YES!!!!!!! but no to Hot Topic

I live and breathe
MARVEL, STAR WARS & SUPERNATURAL

asilentliaison

Postby asilentliaison » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:50 pm

Yeah, I'd really rather it not be Hot Topic also. They don't need every exclusive ever. But it seems that their exclusives do sell well, and I feel like we'd have a greater shot if they were the ones selling them since so many collectors go there.

bambam71

Postby bambam71 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:49 pm

I'm bumping this love the titan minis

Geniusrecluse8

Postby Geniusrecluse8 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:04 pm

BillyLouis wrote:And the sad thing is, we are only really asking for two in Xander and Giles. I mean, I would love more than that, but I would be happy with finishing the Scooby Gang.

Same goes for River Tam with the Firefly line. That's a glaring omission. When the first wave was released, I was certain there would be a second one purely because, "Who would make anything Firefly and leave River out?"
I'm sure that's what their plan was initially though - save a big one for the next wave to keep people collecting. But sales must have been really disappointing. :dontknow:

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:50 am

All we're asking for is Giles and Xander....come on Funko!
Buffy POP! & Re-Action figures I want most in wave 2: Giles, Xander, Faith, Cordelia, Anya, The Master, Drusilla, & Vampire Angel

Geniusrecluse8

Postby Geniusrecluse8 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:42 am

.... And maayyybbbee Faith? If any character is going to do well, it's her. I'm sure of it. Giles and Xander are great to complete the main 4, and Giles' look could translate well, but Faith could kick Xander's a**. (we've seen it happen ;-) )

Also, hate to sound like a broken record, but does ANYBODY know anything about whether there will be a calendar or not? :-"

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:18 pm

^Faith AND Cordelia would be nice but I'd settle for Giles and Xander---- these 2 are must haves to complete the set.
Buffy POP! & Re-Action figures I want most in wave 2: Giles, Xander, Faith, Cordelia, Anya, The Master, Drusilla, & Vampire Angel

asilentliaison

Postby asilentliaison » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:37 pm

We definitely need Giles and Xander, but also definitely need a Vampire Angel!

Geniusrecluse8

Postby Geniusrecluse8 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:41 pm

tlc38tlc38 wrote:^Faith AND Cordelia would be nice but I'd settle for Giles and Xander---- these 2 are must haves to complete the set.

Yes, def. I was merely suggesting Faith on top of Giles and Xander because I think she could bring in the dough.
Has Funko ever released a "wave" of just 2 Pops, I'm wondering? If they'd only do Giles and Xander they would probably make them exclusives then... ? Although the LotR line only has 1 figure ;-) So what do I know.

JG2789

Postby JG2789 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:58 pm

With Age of Ultron they added Scarlet Witch and Black Widow late didn't they? So I guess they could? Hopefully. Although there's so many they could do for wave 2
Pops: 63
First Pop: Alien
Latest Pop: Finn Stormtrooper Toys R Us exclusive

Marvel Collector Corps Subscriber

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:15 pm

I'm boycotting Funko until we get Giles and Xander.

Geniusrecluse8

Postby Geniusrecluse8 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:32 pm

JG2789 wrote:With Age of Ultron they added Scarlet Witch and Black Widow late didn't they? So I guess they could? Hopefully. Although there's so many they could do for wave 2

I don't pay a lot of attention to the Marvel Pops, so I didn't know that. I suppose that could be promising in this case; if they can't afford to continue the line by doing an entire second wave, at least there's still some hope we'll see Giles and Xander - the campaigning on here should help ;-)

asilentliaison

Postby asilentliaison » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:55 pm

I've been doing a series rewatch here lately, and yeah, I really want my Giles. Xander too, but only out of necessity because of the Core Four. I'm in early season 2 where he starts to be an a-hole, so I'm leaning more toward wanting Giles between the two if it came down to it. :razz:

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:50 am

For it to have such a huge fan following, Buffy always gets shafted.

Xander and Giles POP!s need to be made!!! [-o<

OhHellYes

Postby OhHellYes » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:27 pm

PLEASE give us at least Xander & Giles, Funko!!!! PLEASE

Maclay

Postby Maclay » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:09 am

It does feel kinda silly to have The Gentlemen and Oz but not the complete scooby gang.
Hi I'm Jenni!
Pop! count: 145
Mystery Minis: 11

"Time is what turns kittens into cats."

minusdatails

Postby minusdatails » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:29 am

Maclay wrote:It does feel kinda silly to have The Gentlemen and Oz but not the complete scooby gang.

SAME

I always wondered why they made those two Pops before the rest of the scooby gang...I need Xander and Giles!!! I would also love Faith and Cordy as well. ;)
My name is Kyle and I may or may not be a cat. :cat:
GRAIL: Captain America Mega Dorbz

Geniusrecluse8

Postby Geniusrecluse8 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:23 am

asilentliaison wrote:I've been doing a series rewatch here lately, and yeah, I really want my Giles. Xander too, but only out of necessity because of the Core Four. I'm in early season 2 where he starts to be an a-hole, so I'm leaning more toward wanting Giles between the two if it came down to it. :razz:

Haha. I never really realized how awful Xander could be when I first watched the show, but it became more apparent with every rewatch. In all honesty, the only Buffy men I genuinely like are Giles and Oz.
I only enjoyed Spike when he was evil or as the comic relief ("You made a bear! Undo it! Undo it!") and Angel only as Angelus, who is a separate character really. Though I do have a major soft spot for Andrew; he single-handedly made Season 7 worth watching for me (well, Anya helped).
But yes, I do still really want a Xander Pop, even though I'm not the biggest fan of the character. You just can't leave him out, and well, he had his good moments too - especially with the other 3.

They always found their way back to each other, they are a unity and you could never hope to grasp the source of their power *sniffle* :clown:

OhHellYes

Postby OhHellYes » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:55 pm

minusdatails wrote:
Maclay wrote:It does feel kinda silly to have The Gentlemen and Oz but not the complete scooby gang.

SAME

I always wondered why they made those two Pops before the rest of the scooby gang...I need Xander and Giles!!! I would also love Faith and Cordy as well. ;)

YES

asilentliaison

Postby asilentliaison » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:36 pm

Geniusrecluse8 wrote:
asilentliaison wrote:I've been doing a series rewatch here lately, and yeah, I really want my Giles. Xander too, but only out of necessity because of the Core Four. I'm in early season 2 where he starts to be an a-hole, so I'm leaning more toward wanting Giles between the two if it came down to it. :razz:

Haha. I never really realized how awful Xander could be when I first watched the show, but it became more apparent with every rewatch. In all honesty, the only Buffy men I genuinely like are Giles and Oz.
I only enjoyed Spike when he was evil or as the comic relief ("You made a bear! Undo it! Undo it!") and Angel only as Angelus, who is a separate character really. Though I do have a major soft spot for Andrew; he single-handedly made Season 7 worth watching for me (well, Anya helped).
But yes, I do still really want a Xander Pop, even though I'm not the biggest fan of the character. You just can't leave him out, and well, he had his good moments too - especially with the other 3.

They always found their way back to each other, they are a unity and you could never hope to grasp the source of their power *sniffle* :clown:

I never really understood all the Xander hate. I wasn't oblivious to him being a butt at times, but now that I'm older, I can see it a bit more clearly. Even so, I can't dislike him. I just can't.

I really love Giles, Oz and Angel personally. I do enjoy Spike too, but not as much as the other guys. I wish Oz would have stuck around, but then maybe we wouldn't have gotten Tara, and that would not be acceptable!

Season 7! I really enjoyed season 7. I know tons of people don't like it, but for me, I felt like it touched a lot on the older seasons, and that always tugs at my heart strings because the high school years are my favorite.

And yes, couldn't have said the stuff about those three and their relationship any better. <3

SunflowerQueen

Postby SunflowerQueen » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:51 pm

My boyfriend and I discussed this just earlier actually. He's a hardcore Buffy fan, and was upset that many of his favourite characters were missing in the line. I'v only seen a few episodes, but desperately want there to be a Giles POP as well as Xander. The line seems wrong without them.

asilentliaison

Postby asilentliaison » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:45 am

The further I get along in my rewatch, the more I want Cordelia! [-o<

JG2789

Postby JG2789 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:49 am

I'd want a set of villains also. The Master, Drusilla, The Judge, Angelus, Faith, Adam, Glory and Caleb (The nerd trio would look too generic I think, maybe the same with Glory)

JG2789

Postby JG2789 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:52 am

Oh, and Sweet of course! I love that they've done The Gentleman though. My favourite episode!

Geniusrecluse8

Postby Geniusrecluse8 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:09 pm

asilentliaison wrote:I never really understood all the Xander hate. I wasn't oblivious to him being a butt at times, but now that I'm older, I can see it a bit more clearly. Even so, I can't dislike him. I just can't.

I really love Giles, Oz and Angel personally. I do enjoy Spike too, but not as much as the other guys. I wish Oz would have stuck around, but then maybe we wouldn't have gotten Tara, and that would not be acceptable!

Season 7! I really enjoyed season 7. I know tons of people don't like it, but for me, I felt like it touched a lot on the older seasons, and that always tugs at my heart strings because the high school years are my favorite.

And yes, couldn't have said the stuff about those three and their relationship any better. <3

I am ashamed to admit I even had a little bit of a crush on Xander as a teen. Looking back now I'm like, "What were you thinking?" Especially because my taste was flawless otherwise, if I do say so myself ;-)
I think it was in part because I couldn't stand Angel and his constant brooding, so I automatically sided with Xander. Ironic, because the only reason he hated Angel was due to one of his own biggest offenses: being possessive of Buffy and feeling entitled to her love because he was "the good guy". I swear, the way he treated Buffy most of the time, even up until season 6 where he shamed her again for being with a "bad guy". Just no.
But I digress: I do think he has his moments, and I can never really dislike him as a whole, also due to nostalgia. It just would have been nice if his behavior would have been called out on the show; instead, it was always "poor Xander this, poor Xander that." A lot of other characters did crappy things, they were all flawed, but they had to answer for it. Sorry for the essay, eek.

Some people might find it weird that I like Oz so much, Tara being my favorite character and all. But I just like both Oz and Tara as individuals. And I loved Willow with Oz too. I sorta like the way their relationship ended: it was beautifully tragic. That scene in his van.... Willow's "some part of me will always be waiting for you etc. -------- Because you're with me, you know?" :crybaby:

..... Anyway, I think I momentarily forgot that this thread isn't for random Buffy conversations. So, on-topic again, I'll add: I want Pops of Xander and Giles. Or anybody else from Buffy.
If that wasn't clear yet. :-"

Maclay

Postby Maclay » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:24 pm

Honestly at this point I'd accept and support anything Buffy related in pop form. Yes, even Riley lol
Hi I'm Jenni!

Geniusrecluse8

Postby Geniusrecluse8 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:34 pm

But what about Kennedy though? ;-)

RHYDA32

Postby RHYDA32 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:38 pm

NEED FAITH, GILES, XANDER! please and thank you... darla and dru too if u can

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:54 pm

RHYDA32 wrote:NEED FAITH, GILES, XANDER! please and thank you... darla and dru too if u can
Now that sounds like a pretty aces series two, my friend.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

asilentliaison

Postby asilentliaison » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:00 am

*still waiting Funko* :-"

:)

Geniusrecluse8

Postby Geniusrecluse8 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:41 pm

I'm almost considering buying a whole bunch of Buffys and Willows in a desperate attempt to boost sales. But alas, contrary to what people say, one person can't make a difference. :-({|=

asilentliaison

Postby asilentliaison » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:34 am

Watched Passion today. Pretty much needing a Jenny Calendar.

Geniusrecluse8

Postby Geniusrecluse8 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:12 am

That's such a great ep.

I'm bored so I'll make a list of some of my favorite episodes. It's not really off topic 'cause I would welcome Pops based on any of these :-"

A few (ton) that come to mind (chronological order):

Prophecy Girl
Lie To Me
Passion
Becoming Part 2
The Wish
Amends
Helpless
Doppelgangland
Enemies
Hush
Who Are You
New Moon Rising
The Yoko Factor
Family
The Body
The Gift
Once More With Feeling
Tabula Rasa
Normal Again
Grave
Help
Storyteller

Whoa, huge list... It's just so hard to narrow it down, sorry. And I even forgot some, too. Some seem a bit random, but it's mostly the usual suspects? I think.

Come, gentle posters, share your lists, if you want! (but mention the word Pop to stay on topic) :-$

Maclay

Postby Maclay » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:52 am

Just finished watching Tabula Rasa on my rewatch.

I really want Spike as Randy Giles. :D

Ps. I love that episode because it's so funny and clever but I always forget how much the last minutes of that episode hurt. If I ever hear that damn Michelle Branch song I will tear up immediately.
Hi I'm Jenni!

Geniusrecluse8

Postby Geniusrecluse8 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:54 am

Randy Giles Spike would be ace. I'm not familiar with every Pop, but if they already have a Pop out wearing a similar looking suit they could easily just slap the existing head onto that body. Or people could do it themselves; would be a cool custom.

I used to be a Michelle Branch fan back in the day and I've always thought it was a great song for that scene, but yeah, now I do always associate it with that moment. I don't mind though; It was heartbreaking, but I also felt it was right for them to break up at that stage. Tara making that decision was necessary for her character development, imo. And Willow's downward spiral. But I like to think it's more about Tara. It should be.
I did feel really bad for Dawn though. :(

O, and can I just say I love your icon. I love goofy Buffy :icon_smile:

Return to “Pop!”