Best UK shop for packaging Pops?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
dooksy

Best UK shop for packaging Pops?

Postby dooksy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:12 pm

Hi all,

Due to me being a new collector of Pops, I want as many as I can get in perfect condition; as in no dents or marks on the box. I know that will be hard when buying online to oppose to buying them in a shop where you can check the box before buying, but here in the UK where I am, I don't know of any shops that sell them. So can anybody in the UK suggest a good website (apart from eBay/Amazon) that I can buy Pops from at a reasonable price but they package them really well? My friend ordered from http://www.staractionfigures.co.uk but some of the boxes had small dents on them, which didn't bother him as he will be taking them out of the box, but I want to keep mine mint as much as possible. I appreciate any help or advice anyone can throw my way and sorry for the long post :P

Greeryboy2410

Re: Best UK shop for packaging Pops?

Postby Greeryboy2410 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:40 pm

If boxes are a big deal, then in store is the way to go. Not sure where to go near Hull, but up in Glasgow there's a Forbidden Planet, and a shop called Pop'd (which is closer to me), so for good boxes I go to them. Online purchases can be dodgy for boxes. Take Pop in a Box for example. The packages they send are literally the size of the Pop's box, so no extra packaging. If you order 3 or more however, you get a little padding. Forbidden Planet International isnt amazing for packaging either, so store is the way to go. I know that's not the way to go :/
Pop Count: 80 something

Holy Grail: Green Arrow
Realistic Grail: Chase Flash
First Pop: New 52 Flash
Latest Buy: Civil War 5 pack
Latest Preorder(s): None :/

dooksy

Postby dooksy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:45 pm

Yeah I've just checked and I think the FB Leeds store is probably the closest to me, so I don't mind going there :) Thanks for the advice!

Greeryboy2410

Postby Greeryboy2410 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:04 pm

No probs! I've just made a post where you can find a store close to you! It's basically relying on community contribution, but if you add the Leeds FP and roughly where it is (street name) that would be great! Thanks
Pop Count: 80 something

Holy Grail: Green Arrow
Realistic Grail: Chase Flash
First Pop: New 52 Flash
Latest Buy: Civil War 5 pack
Latest Preorder(s): None :/

Axlbobbs

Postby Axlbobbs » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:30 am

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:41 pm

I've ordered from forbidden planet, Davey boy toys and popcultcha and I've never received a bent or damaged pop.

Manclad

Postby Manclad » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:16 am

Forbidden Planet have closed their online store. I'm going to try www.popinabox.co.uk next.

Return to “Pop!”