The glowy Pop goodness thread :-)

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
commodorefunko

Re: The glowy Pop goodness thread :-)

Postby commodorefunko » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:44 pm

Loving seeing all these great glows! I need to get a backlight to put my gitd Pops in.
Jonas is the name, Pops are my game

Current POP Count: 299! I want to get something special for 300!+ 9 Mini/Pocket Pops
Current Dorbz/Pint Sized Heroes Count: 20ish
Current Mystery Mini/Idolz/Hikari/Mini Hikari Count: 20

ISO: Any color/white Masters of The Universe, X-Files, Twin Peaks, LOST, Stranger Things, Mr T, and Star Wars protos!!

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:06 pm

Glowing Emperor.jpg

The glow on the Emperor is GREAT!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:38 pm

Yoda Spirit.jpg

Yoda Spirit looks good.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:40 pm

Holographic Vader.jpg

Holographic Vader GITD
His body glows great but His head not so much.

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:42 pm

SDCC 2014 GITD Olaf.jpg

SDCC 2014 GITD Olaf
The blue glow is awesome! I didn't know he was a blue glow. I turned off the light and was pleasantly surprised \:D/

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:22 pm

Lumiere was good just didn't
lumiere.jpg
take a picture fast enough.

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 pm

Hulk GITD.jpg

Hulks glow is wonderful! Is it just me or does he look like he has a mustache when glowing lol

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:25 pm

Ant-Man YellowJacket.jpg

Terrible glow. The instant I turned out the light the glow on both these was fading fast. Still love them though!!!

Spiffythedog

Postby Spiffythedog » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:48 am

Curious (and sorry if I missed it already posted in this thread), but does anyone know how the GITD ninja batty shogun looks in the dark? He's a dark pop to begin with, versus a lot of other GITDs that are molded with the glow vinyl
You can call me Spiff ;)
I collect Star Wars, mini things, cute things, and FRIENDS!

wardengorri

Postby wardengorri » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:25 am

Awesome pics everyone, off topic, but after seeing Caius_Cosades's avatar I wonder what the chances are of One Punch Man Pops or even in the next Anime Mystery Minis.
Hey guys, i'm Drew!

Tilter

Postby Tilter » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:33 am

Great thread, wish I saw this before I grabbed Antman GITD Exclusive. The glow is awful.
ImageImageImage

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:52 am

Junoku- sorry but I have no info on that one, I didn't even know there was a glow version of that until reading your post!

Caius_Cosades and KMFH11 thank you for the pics!!

Spiffythedog wrote:Curious (and sorry if I missed it already posted in this thread), but does anyone know how the GITD ninja batty shogun looks in the dark? He's a dark pop to begin with, versus a lot of other GITDs that are molded with the glow vinyl

I like the Uglydoll Pops, I have a set of the SDCC exclusives and was thinking about picking up the glow versions as well, but the price was holding me back. I was kind of on the fence until I saw someone's post in another thread that none of them glow very well, after that I marked them off the list. Based on the colors I'm guessing they're painted versus molded in GITD vinyl, but I don't know for sure.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

jester00

Postby jester00 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:35 pm

Glowing One from Gamestop. I mean his name says GLOWING. Not so much. Pretty terrible actually. I'm giving it a few days to see if it starts holding a charge. But it's not looking promising
I LOVE MAXFOZZY

Thomas aka Jester

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:43 pm

1 of 12 glow goodness...
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:45 pm

GnomesStalkChildren wrote:Pop Asia Chase White Lady And Regular White

Is the standard glow really only a 300 piece limited run?? I haven't seen anything officially stating this..

Thanks and cheers
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

hughie1987

Postby hughie1987 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:18 pm

it seems to me most of them glow very dim especially goku, Gir and the fallout ones arent bright either but my mystery mini cthulhu glows amazing haha
My names Russell and I made my sig :)

Caius_Cosades

Postby Caius_Cosades » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:34 pm

hughie1987 wrote:it seems to me most of them glow very dim especially goku, Gir and the fallout ones arent bright either but my mystery mini cthulhu glows amazing haha

Depends really. From personal experience, I can say that Princess Bubblegum & BMO glow stupid bright. My GitD Vault Boy isn't all that bright, but he glows bright enough to see well and glows a really nice soft green. My recently arrived Catbug glows a nice Icy blue, not as bright as Princess or Bmo, but still pretty bright. My orange GitD Catbug isn't all that bright, but his dull orange glow is still pretty cool to look at so I'm not complaining. Goku made me sad... That's all I'm really gonna say about him. Got a GitD Baymax in the mail, I've heard good things about him, but I'll go ahead and leave a comment and pic for him when he gets here.

jester00

Postby jester00 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:57 pm

Charged the glowing one under a light for a few hours tonight. Flipped the lights off and WOW! He really glows well now after a charge. Even has what looks like dirt and stuff within the glow.
I LOVE MAXFOZZY

Thomas aka Jester

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:21 pm

GITD Dr. Emmett Brown BTTF.jpg

Great glow on the Doc
Was surprised to see His head glowed.
Thought it was just going to be His jumpsuit. :-k

d3monicwolv3s

Postby d3monicwolv3s » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:29 am

The Chase Beetlejuice gitd isn't very good. Sadly. Glad I found him because he's a nice looking pop with the swirly eyes, but the glow just isn't any good.

The pants are the brightest glow about it, the mid section of the suit doesn't glow very much, and then the face looks weird. The light gray around the eyes meets the eyebrows, which means that whole area doesn't glow, and his hair also doesn't glow. So I was pretty disappointed by him.

And what makes bride of Frankenstein and Lumiere bad glows?
Lumiere glows pretty bright, he's not the most interesting one to look at glow, but his glow isn't bad.
Brides face glows pretty well, her body doesn't so I guess I understand that.

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:27 pm

jester00 wrote:Glowing One from Gamestop. I mean his name says GLOWING. Not so much. Pretty terrible actually. I'm giving it a few days to see if it starts holding a charge. But it's not looking promising

He doesn't fire up very well under black light. But as you mentioned in your later post, after he's charged up he looks pretty good in the dark!

thejosh2010 wrote:1 of 12 glow goodness...

Oh my that's a rare one!

thejosh2010 wrote:Is the standard glow really only a 300 piece limited run?? I haven't seen anything officially stating this..

The 300 number came from people at the event and it's likely reliable. Based on the very low appearance of her on eBay that too seems to support the 300 number. But, there has been nothing official saying she won't be made again, and she did not get a numbered sticker. So who knows what the future may hold.

Caius_Cosades wrote:My orange GitD Catbug isn't all that bright, but his dull orange glow is still pretty cool to look at so I'm not complaining.

He looks really good under black light and he is a darned cool color when the lights are off, but he definitely doesn't hold his glow as brightly or nearly as long as the others. But the color adds a nice bit of contrast to my mostly green glowers!

KMFH11 wrote:Great glow on the Doc

Oh wow that is nice! I'll add him to the "good" list :-)

d3monicwolv3s wrote:The Chase Beetlejuice gitd isn't very good. Sadly. Glad I found him because he's a nice looking pop with the swirly eyes, but the glow just isn't any good.

Thanks, I'll add him to the bad list. That's a shame, what a perfect subject for a brightly glowing Pop!

And what makes bride of Frankenstein and Lumiere bad glows?

The list is subjective, there's at least one Pop that's on the good and bad list. And that's cool, this thread is just to convey what people think and to let others draw their own conclusion. Personally I consider Frankie and Bride bad glowers because they do not activate at all under black light and their glow is very anemic with the lights out. I think the complaint about Lumiere wasn't that he glows bad, it was that not much on him glowed. But if you or anyone else feels anything on the bad list glows well then by all means let me know and I will add it to the good list as well! Everyone's opinion counts here :-)

big_pun_209

Postby big_pun_209 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:23 pm

My glow collection so far...just picked up Vault Boy today even though i dont know who he is but im glad i did! The glow is great on him!
AKA: Rob
Image Image

Viva La Rev!!

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:30 pm

big_pun_209 wrote:My glow collection so far...just picked up Vault Boy today even though i dont know who he is but im glad i did! The glow is great on him!

I did the exact same thing...bought vault boy just for his glowy gooodness lol
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:51 am

Nice start on your glow collection Rob!

thejosh2010 wrote:
big_pun_209 wrote:My glow collection so far...just picked up Vault Boy today even though i dont know who he is but im glad i did! The glow is great on him!

I did the exact same thing...bought vault boy just for his glowy gooodness lol

lol Me too, had never heard of him! I know who he is now, my 13yo is a big Fallout fan and caught me up :-)

JoeCoolTM

Postby JoeCoolTM » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:25 pm

fallout is literally the only reason for my absence on here lol its beaten now so back to my life being pops haha

Dread_Omen 8

Postby Dread_Omen 8 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:25 pm

Has anyone seen a transparent predator w/ blood under blacklight? It's not a gitd pop, but it looks stunning.
"It would seem your veneers jest mere souvenirs falling out your mouth and onto the landscape."

JoeCoolTM

Postby JoeCoolTM » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:37 pm

Dread_Omen 8 wrote:Has anyone seen a transparent predator w/ blood under blacklight? It's not a gitd pop, but it looks stunning.

YES! one of my favorite "non glow" pops that reacts under blacklight. him, clear bingbong from inside out is pretty cool too

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:33 am

Oh wow cool, thanks for that info, gives me a reason to pull ol' preddy out of storage :-)

Joe, my son's bday is coming up and I got him the pip boy version, it was the only thing he had to have (HAD to be the pip boy version). Imagine my surprise when I strolled into GS to buy one, the looks I got were probably similar to what I would have gotten had I asked for a live pink unicorn :-) Had no idea it was so limited. End up nabbing one on Amazon, for cost++ lol So you liked the game? I may have to check it out when he starts playing it.

JoeCoolTM

Postby JoeCoolTM » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:13 am

lmao oh man I can imagine, GS employees tend to be like that it seems, but yeah depending on what you like, theres alot of cool easter eggs in there (bar from cheers makes an appearance) and many others, def would check it out

clashcityrocker33
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month

Postby clashcityrocker33 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:14 am

First off, I think Funko did an amazing job with the Swamp Thing POPS. Got the flocked and Glow in the Dark. Both amazing figures. Took GID Swampy out of the box and stuck him under my art table light for a while. I noticed that the density/color of the figure's head versus the body is a little different. Took it downstairs and snapped a few pics. Not going to say I'm disappointed, but it's definitely not one of the better GID POPs. I think the body had a better output than the head. Not horrible, but no Cthulu MM or Princess Bubbllegum.
Last edited by clashcityrocker33 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

I say Beau...You say Bean #10386

"That's the difference between you and me: I don't go back to the carpet store."

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:11 am

Black & White, along with Gold POPs are the least of my worries with these wicked ladies haunting my collection.... :happy3:

image.jpeg
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

zanastar

Postby zanastar » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:33 pm

I love my Tossakan :D Glows so well :D I bought a black light uv led flashlight on amazon and its amazing hehe
So my great and not so great glow list.

Great...
Tossakan
Adipose
Dr.Manhattan
Thanos
Holo emperor
Spirit yoda
Cthulhu
Aou gamma hulk

Middle road..
vault boy glows decently
glowing one
orange catbug, looks really cool
Lo pan, my moms glow pan seems brighter
White lantern batman
Super saiyan goku
Gir is alright for glow but he is cool enough to glow however he wants lol
Pumpkin king doesn't hold for a long time but he still looks cool

Not so great glowers...
Antman, wish it held but second worst of the bunch
yellowjacket is a bit better but still stays low on the shelf heh
frankenstein jr doesnt hold charge, kinda bummed but still looks neat
darkseid doesn't hold charge as well hmmm
goliath holds charge for .00005 nanoseconds lol red glows for the lose, worst of my glow pops, i got him cheap though so no biggie :D

I love glow pops almost as much as star wars pops :D
And this list helped me pick out some great ones, so thanks you!!1 :D
Can't wait to get more :D

Also on a side note i bought my mom for christmas the nycc glow hula minion and the fye glow fire alarm minion.I haven't tried them out yet with the light but i hear they glow really nice so we will see.Also got her a B&N Hulk glow and gave her hulkbuster for early christmas :D So happy she completed her AOU set.I let her have the avengers line all to herself because she loves iron man :D Waiting for my son of the year award lol jk jk :D The happiness is everything i need :D
Have funZ :D

Chriso7

Postby Chriso7 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:35 pm

GITD Green Lantern is by FAR the best glow pop ever. Even when it isn't flowing it has a fully translucent green gooey body, just amazing!!! The whole thing glows!!
Funko Poppin All Day Long!
Avid Australian Collector.

Best Pieces
    The Joker GITD Freddy Funko Fundays 2013 1/12
    Deadpool Grey Freddy Funko Fundays 2014 1/24
    Doc Brown GITD Freddy Funko Fundays 2014 1/24
    The Joker Dark Knight Freddy Funko Fundays 2014 1/96
    Green Lantern GITD SDCC 2010 1/240
    The Penguin Metallic Chase

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:44 pm

2012 SDCC Mars Attacks GITD Martian!! :alien:

IMG_20151129_211733.jpg
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:03 pm

20 inches of dapper glowing brillance!!
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:19 pm

Josh, great pickups you got there! I almost bought a Bone Daddy like that one but couldn't figure out where I'd display his hugeness lol

Zanastar, thanks for the mini list! It appears to pretty much mirror the main list on the first post.

Chriso, thanks for the info, I'll add him to the list! Unfortunately (for us, fortunate for you) his low numbers and eye-bleeding price places you in a rather exclusive club of Lantern owners though :-)

Caius_Cosades

Postby Caius_Cosades » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:50 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:20 inches of dapper glowing brillance!!

It's not a POP, but oh my is it a beautiful piece... Dat glow...

Dread_Omen 8

Postby Dread_Omen 8 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:50 pm

Can anyone tell me how Ken Kaneki looks under backlight, or possibly post a picture? Ever since this thread taught me the true magic of glow pops, I've loved seeing them under black light and I'm curious how well he glows.
"It would seem your veneers jest mere souvenirs falling out your mouth and onto the landscape."

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:32 pm

Well I have the 4 Disney Haunted Mansion ghosts on the way! They are not glow, but I'm hoping they still activate under black light, will be cool if they do. Blue crystal Heisi looks great under black light so maybe the ghosts will too. I'll post pics!

Dread_Omen 8 wrote:Can anyone tell me how Ken Kaneki looks under backlight, or possibly post a picture? Ever since this thread taught me the true magic of glow pops, I've loved seeing them under black light and I'm curious how well he glows.

I'm curious about that too. Surely the black doesn't glow, so that leaves the red bits and maybe his hair.

Spiffythedog

Postby Spiffythedog » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:54 pm

treswright wrote:Well I have the 4 Disney Haunted Mansion ghosts on the way! They are not glow, but I'm hoping they still activate under black light, will be cool if they do. Blue crystal Heisi looks great under black light so maybe the ghosts will too. I'll post pics!

I can't wait to see this!! Fingers crossed they look amazing (.. Or maybe not, because then I'll have to have them!)
You can call me Spiff ;)
I collect Star Wars, mini things, cute things, and FRIENDS!

Return to “Pop!”