Next Wave of Game Of Thrones Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Theo718

Re: Next Wave of Game Of Thrones Pops

Postby Theo718 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:13 pm

jhorsley23 wrote:^ excatly. Exclusives have ALWAYS had their own number.

Not true. Ghost sdcc has same number as ghost. Bloody brienne same number as regular. My point is that the 2 Misnumbered pops share numbers with an exclusive. It's not like they gave night king and the harpy the same
Number.

ryanc_

Postby ryanc_ » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:15 pm

i ordered 2 translucent melisandres from BN. They were both put into a box that was barely big enough to hold them, so no padding, and both have messed up protruding chin sculpts. pretty frustrating

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:20 pm

ryanc_ wrote:i ordered 2 translucent melisandres from BN. They were both put into a box that was barely big enough to hold them, so no padding, and both have messed up protruding chin sculpts. pretty frustrating

Would love to see a picture of them out of the box!

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:21 pm

Theo718 wrote:
jhorsley23 wrote:^ excatly. Exclusives have ALWAYS had their own number.

Not true. Ghost sdcc has same number as ghost. Bloody brienne same number as regular. My point is that the 2 Misnumbered pops share numbers with an exclusive. It's not like they gave night king and the harpy the same
Number.
But ghosts are the same character. Margaery and the throne aren't. Just a little strange.

jhorsley23

Postby jhorsley23 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:03 pm

Exactly. For those who don't understand the numbering system, new mold = new number, repaints and changes to existing mold = same number.

Flocked Ghost and Bloody Brienne have the same number because they are the exact same mold as the regular Ghost and Brienne. Unmasked Deadpool has a different number because the head is a new mold. The chase version of Spike has a different number from the regular version of Spike because the heads are two different molds.

So of course Ghost and Flocked Ghost have the same number, there's no reason why it wouldn't. If they did a different mold of a Ghost stand on all fours it would get a new number.

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:15 pm

jhorsley23 wrote:Exactly. For those who don't understand the numbering system, new mold = new number, repaints and changes to existing mold = same number.

Flocked Ghost and Bloody Brienne have the same number because they are the exact same mold as the regular Ghost and Brienne. Unmasked Deadpool has a different number because the head is a new mold. The chase version of Spike has a different number from the regular version of Spike because the heads are two different molds.

So of course Ghost and Flocked Ghost have the same number, there's no reason why it wouldn't. If they did a different mold of a Ghost stand on all fours it would get a new number.
I'm not even annoyed by this. I just find it strange that they would pick the same number for two different molds. One of the many mysteries of Funko.

Theo718

Postby Theo718 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:17 pm

You're missing the point I'm
Making. The number issues only came
About when the new exclusives were introduced. It wasn't 2 commons given the same number. It's as if the numbers for commons was mapped out and the exclusives were brought in and they overlapped some how.

Someone said exclusives always have different numbers. Which is clearly false. Like you stated same mold pops share the name numbers. If he would've said exclusives with NEW molds are given new numbers that would be accurate.

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:22 pm

Theo718 wrote:You're missing the point I'm
About when the new exclusives were introduced. It wasn't 2 commons given the same number. It's as if the numbers for commons was mapped out and the exclusives were brought in and they overlapped some how.

Someone said exclusives always have different numbers. Which is clearly false. Like you stated same mold pops share the name numbers. If he would've said exclusives with NEW molds are given new numbers that would be accurate.

You're right with that.
I would just like to know the thinking behind it is all.

Theo718

Postby Theo718 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:00 am

ohheyitsshannon wrote:

You're right with that.

Someone should ask funk on the next twitter Q And A lol

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:07 am

Theo718 wrote:
ohheyitsshannon wrote:

You're right with that.

Someone should ask funk on the next twitter Q And A lol

Yes! I just want to know. The mystery continues. lol

jhorsley23

Postby jhorsley23 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:27 am

That was me that said that too.

And I believe YOU are missing the point. There is no rhyme or reason for the numbering mistakes and it probably has nothing to do with exclusives and is just a coincidence. It's not like these recent GoT POPs are the only POPs to ever have the same number. There was a mistake in the Movie line with one of the BTTF POP!s having the same number as a different POP! in the movie line and neither of them were exclusives. It's just an oversight.
Last edited by jhorsley23 on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:32 am

I'm just curious as to know if it's a mistake or not. lol

jhorsley23

Postby jhorsley23 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:39 am

Lol. Why would you wonder that? It's obviously a mistake.

Here's the number errors I was talking about in the POP!s Movies line. I believe the error was eventually corrected and new numbers were issued to the BTTF POP!s.

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:41 am

jhorsley23 wrote:Lol. Why would you wonder that? It's obviously a mistake.

Here's the number errors I was talking about in the POP!s Movies line. I believe the error was eventually corrected and new numbers were issued to the BTTF POP!s.

I would just like to know the reason behind this. It probably was a mistake, but it might not be. We won't know until Funko can clarify. Not a big deal. lol

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:10 pm

jhorsley23 wrote:Exactly. For those who don't understand the numbering system, new mold = new number, repaints and changes to existing mold = same number.

Not always. Captain Phasma 65 is the exact same mold as Phasma 91. The only difference is 91 is chrome plated. But then you look at C3PO (64) and it came in painted or gold plated versions both with the same number. The 89 and 90 Tie Fighter Pilots are identical except for some red stripes painted on 90. But the 51 Tie Fighter Pilots carry the exact same number in painted and black chrome forms.

The one thing we can say is that Funko is consistent in their ongoing inconsistencies lol
Last edited by treswright on Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:11 pm

treswright wrote:

Not always. Captain Phasma 65 is the exact same mold as Phasma 91. The only difference is 91 is chrome plated. But then you look at C3PO (64) and it came in painted or gold plated versions both with the same number. The 89 and 90 Tie Fighter Pilots are identical except for some red stripes painted on 90. The 51 Tie Fighter Pilots carry the exact same number in painted and black chrome forms.

The one thing we can say is that Funko is consistent in their ongoing inconsistencies lol
Funko is an engima. lol

Steveb872

Postby Steveb872 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:13 pm

Yay, Drogon and Translucent Melisandre arrive from PopCultcha today along with Drogon Pop ride from GameStop! Happy days

jhorsley23

Postby jhorsley23 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:23 pm

treswright wrote:

Not always. Captain Phasma 65 is the exact same mold as Phasma 91. The only difference is 91 is chrome plated. But then you look at C3PO (64) and it came in painted or gold plated versions both with the same number. The 89 and 90 Tie Fighter Pilots are identical except for some red stripes painted on 90. But the 51 Tie Fighter Pilots carry the exact same number in painted and black chrome forms.

#91 Phsma is not chrome plated. It's a recast, so technically it's a different mold from the original.

It's not like a normal POP!. It's completely hollow inside and literally just an outer shell. So it's fits with my statement.

Both gold Threepios are just repaints, hence the same number. It's not like Phasma.

The TIE Pilots have different numbers because they are different characters. One is a pilot in the regular TIE Fighter squadron and the other is a pilot on the Elite TIE Fighter squadron. Them having the same number wouldn't make anymore sense than the original Sam and Dean from Supernatural having the same number.

ShockWaveZ55

Postby ShockWaveZ55 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:39 pm

I am so glad I don't care about the numbers on the box. I care about the pop inside. If you like having things in numbered order then funko just loves screwing with you!
Hi there! I'm Eric
pop count: over 900 8-[

https://www.instagram.com/55puma55/

emcee

Postby emcee » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:43 pm

ShockWaveZ55 wrote:I am so glad I don't care about the numbers on the box. I care about the pop inside. If you like having things in numbered order then funko just loves screwing with you!

LOL
Collecting since 2013 (Jon Snow)
POP! Count: Stopped counting

jhorsley23

Postby jhorsley23 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:53 pm

ShockWaveZ55 wrote:I am so glad I don't care about the numbers on the box. I care about the pop inside. If you like having things in numbered order then funko just loves screwing with you!

HAHAHAHA!!! True story. Glad I'm the same way.

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:59 pm

I don't even care about the numbers, I just what to know why/how the mistake was made. lol

jhorsley23

Postby jhorsley23 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:13 pm

I don't know why you're so hung up on the why this happened thing. It happened for the same reason every other mistake ever was made: Someone f'ed up. It's that simple. Let it go! Lol ;)

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:42 pm

jhorsley23 wrote:I don't know why you're so hung up on the why this happened thing. It happened for the same reason every other mistake ever was made: Someone f'ed up. It's that simple. Let it go! Lol ;)

Just curious is all. Not hung up on it at all. lol

r2d2

Postby r2d2 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:31 am

ohheyitsshannon wrote:
jhorsley23 wrote:I don't know why you're so hung up on the why this happened thing. It happened for the same reason every other mistake ever was made: Someone f'ed up. It's that simple. Let it go! Lol ;)

Then why bring it every every two or three posts you make? "Mistakes" are not made on purpose

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:06 pm

r2d2 wrote:
ohheyitsshannon wrote:

Then why bring it every every two or three posts you make? "Mistakes" are not made on purpose

Alright. Sheesh. No need to be so harsh. I'm just a curious person is all. lol

Theo718

Postby Theo718 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:23 pm

ohheyitsshannon wrote:
r2d2 wrote:
ohheyitsshannon wrote:

Wow. People are high strung today lol I found the numbering irritating too Shannon. I have mine displayed in numerical order. Just messes up the look of it. Maybe they will give some insight to what has happened.

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:17 pm

Theo718 wrote:
ohheyitsshannon wrote:
r2d2 wrote:
ohheyitsshannon wrote:

Wow. People are high strung today lol I found the numbering irritating too Shannon. I have mine displayed in numerical order. Just messes up the look of it. Maybe they will give some insight to what has happened.
Yep. That's just all I want to know. Nothing more then that.

Luciendar

Postby Luciendar » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:10 pm

I just bought 2 GITD Knight Kings from my local Gamestop. So it looks like they've started hitting stores, which is odd because it doesn't even show up on their website
-Luciendar

superiordata

Postby superiordata » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:43 pm

:o must...get...gitd goodness

ShockWaveZ55

Postby ShockWaveZ55 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:35 pm

Luciendar wrote:I just bought 2 GITD Knight Kings from my local Gamestop. So it looks like they've started hitting stores, which is odd because it doesn't even show up on their website

Thank you for the heads up! Called my local GameStop and picked up the last one they had!
Hi there! I'm Eric
pop count: over 900 8-[

https://www.instagram.com/55puma55/

ryanc_

Postby ryanc_ » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:36 pm

Theo718 wrote:
ohheyitsshannon wrote:
r2d2 wrote:
ohheyitsshannon wrote:

yeah i agree, the numbering system is a legit point of curiosity or irritation

r2d2

Postby r2d2 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:53 am

ryanc_ wrote:
Theo718 wrote:
ohheyitsshannon wrote:
r2d2 wrote:
ohheyitsshannon wrote:Just curious is all. Not hung up on it at all. lol

yeah i agree, the numbering system is a legit point of curiosity or irritation

I am OCD and in box collector, but I just fail to see the obsession with a design mistake that went into production. Bummer, for people like me, but it's not like Funko has a secret agenda that could give birth to conspiracy theories.

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:51 pm

r2d2 wrote:
I am OCD and in box collector, but I just fail to see the obsession with a design mistake that went into production. Bummer, for people like me, but it's not like Funko has a secret agenda that could give birth to conspiracy theories.

But you never know. There may be a secret Funko society. They could be watching us. (;

emcee

Postby emcee » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:26 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Finally got my Rhaegal to round out my 6" dragon set. I've been so impatient ever since they botched their first release date of August 2015. Now to wait for the GITD Night's King to arrive.

r2d2

Postby r2d2 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:30 pm

emcee wrote:YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Finally got my Rhaegal to round out my 6" dragon set. I've been so impatient ever since they botched their first release date of August 2015. Now to wait for the GITD Night's King to arrive.

Did you order it from PC? I have been looking for it on Game Stop website and it has not showed up.

jhorsley23

Postby jhorsley23 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:15 pm

r2d2 wrote:

Did you order it from PC? I have been looking for it on Game Stop website and it has not showed up.

I bought mine in store at Hot Topic last week.

emcee

Postby emcee » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:00 am

r2d2 wrote:

In store at Hot Topic in Canada. EB Games (Canadian GameStop) also had them in.

r2d2

Postby r2d2 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:27 pm

emcee wrote:
r2d2 wrote:

In store at Hot Topic in Canada. EB Games (Canadian GameStop) also had them in.

I was referring to GITD Night's King. But I think I misinterpreted you.

kristenXkadaver

Postby kristenXkadaver » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:41 pm

I got Rhaegal last week! I had preordered him from Entertainment Earth easily four or five months ago.

Return to “Pop!”