Dragonball Z Wave 2 POPs

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
poppetmaster

Dragonball Z Wave 2 POPs

Postby poppetmaster » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:04 pm

Just saw some concept art for new DBZ wave 2 POPs...not going to post where I saw it. However, IF you have seen it:

Spoiler: show
Why are we getting DRAGONBALL version of Bulma and Goku on Nimbus? The line is Dragonball Z

missauru

Re: Dragonball Z Wave 2 POPs

Postby missauru » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:19 pm

I was wondering that same thing
Gamer.Wife.Mom.OOB.TeamBacon.Missa
Image Image
MHA pops I will continue to pray for: Shouto Todoroki, Denki Kaminari, & Eijirou Kirishima

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:32 pm

missauru wrote:I was wondering that same thing

Kind of a fail in my opinion...much like "Hollow Ichigo", which is wrong on a few different levels.

missauru

Postby missauru » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:43 pm

Youre right about Ichigo. Though the entire Bleach "line" is fail in my opinion. I cant get over the 2.5 characters made out of a huuuuuge cast of amazing characters -_-

I dont mind the DB ones as much because I think they look good and theyre both characters that we didnt have before. I am all for more DB(Z) so I say keep them coming!
Gamer.Wife.Mom.OOB.TeamBacon.Missa
Image Image
MHA pops I will continue to pray for: Shouto Todoroki, Denki Kaminari, & Eijirou Kirishima

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:49 pm

missauru wrote:Youre right about Ichigo. Though the entire Bleach "line" is fail in my opinion. I cant get over the 2.5 characters made out of a huuuuuge cast of amazing characters -_-

I dont mind the DB ones as much because I think they look good and theyre both characters that we didnt have before. I am all for more DB(Z) so I say keep them coming!

STILL WAITING FOR DEATHNOTE! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Lawliet

Postby Lawliet » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:58 pm

poppetmaster wrote:
missauru wrote:Youre right about Ichigo. Though the entire Bleach "line" is fail in my opinion. I cant get over the 2.5 characters made out of a huuuuuge cast of amazing characters -_-

So much this! It is beyond me that we get minis but no actual sized POPs. Definately a set im looking forward to

TheCollector

Postby TheCollector » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:03 pm

Really excited for this wave still need feriza maybe normal goku but krillin is a must at least
To many collections and to less money

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:08 pm

Lawliet wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:

So much this! It is beyond me that we get minis but no actual sized POPs. Definately a set im looking forward to

I was thinking of getting the Deathnote mini's but they just look so.....ehhh. The protos are still up on Gemini too. But 75 bucks a piece, I'll pass. NEED the POPs!

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:09 pm

TheCollector wrote:Really excited for this wave still need feriza maybe normal goku but krillin is a must at least

Better get the first wave while they're still on the cheap side. Once wave 2 is released, I'm sure these original ones will bump in price.

madman1366

Postby madman1366 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:24 pm

I watched Dragonball long ago, even before my nephew knew what it was. He went on to become a huge fan. I had bought a complete set of all the DBZ pops for him but never got any myself. The main retail ones are easy enough, but the exclusives made me think that I probably wouldn't get these myself.

Then it appeared to me on ebay. A lot of every DBZ pop except for the Arlia Vegeta at a very reasonable price. SOLD!!!

Bring on the next wave!

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:46 pm

Regular Goku and Super Saiyan God Goku are going up in price now. The rest are common and can be had fairly cheap still...one exception being SDCC Golden Frieza. And Planet Arlia Vegeta has seen a HUGE price increase within the past month or two.

kikiblanko

Postby kikiblanko » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:59 pm

I'm pretty sure they won't but i saw a gamestop list with a release date of 3/30..

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:29 pm

kikiblanko wrote:I'm pretty sure they won't but i saw a gamestop list with a release date of 3/30..

Someone else brought that up to me as well. Not going to happen...we haven't even seen any glam shots released. If these were going to be released tomorrow, they would already be on ebay and online vendors websites. These are due out in July, from what I understand.

Caius_Cosades

Postby Caius_Cosades » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:47 pm

I'm psyched for these, especially
Spoiler: show
Kid Goku.
The only DBZ POPs I'm missing are Red-Eyed Gold Frieza and Arlia Vegeta(don't feel like spending $30-40 on a Red-Eyed variant of A POP I have and can't/won't spend $500+ on a POP, lol). I can't wait to add these to my collection! Now, if only they'd do SSJ Vegeta and SSJ2 Teen Gohan.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:00 pm

poppetmaster wrote:
Kind of a fail in my opinion...much like "Hollow Ichigo", which is wrong on a few different levels.

couldn't possibly disagree more. first off Dragon Ball is awesome and in many ways better than Z, 2nd would you rather have this just been another adult Goku? I can't wait for more original DB stuff.

Caius_Cosades

Postby Caius_Cosades » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:47 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:

couldn't possibly disagree more. first off Dragon Ball is awesome and in many ways better than Z, 2nd would you rather have this just been another adult Goku? I can't wait for more original DB stuff.

Agree 100%! I'd love to see more from Dragonball!

TurboBacon

Postby TurboBacon » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Just unleash them on the shelves already!

Need more DB pops!

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:17 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:

You misinterpreted what I said. I am excited for the new wave...I meant it is a fail that they did Dragonball POPs on a Dragonball Z line. You could argue that they're the same thing, but they are not. Same characters, yes...but two different series. If they start doing GT POPs under the Z line, then I don't know what to say at that point.

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:28 pm

how about a goku with tail>?

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:45 am

sushiguru wrote:how about a goku with tail>?

I do believe Nimbus does have his tail.

poppetmaster wrote:
You misinterpreted what I said. I am excited for the new wave...I meant it is a fail that they did Dragonball POPs on a Dragonball Z line. You could argue that they're the same thing, but they are not. Same characters, yes...but two different series. If they start doing GT POPs under the Z line, then I don't know what to say at that point.

I understand what you mean, but I still am happy that this is just going to be an all inclusive Dragon ball line. i'm hoping if they don't focus entirely on Z we might actually have a chance of some support characters instead of a thousand Vegeta and Goku variants every wave.

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:00 am

The Goku on Nimbus is kid Goku with tail.

Mr Yac wrote:I understand what you mean, but I still am happy that this is just going to be an all inclusive Dragon ball line. i'm hoping if they don't focus entirely on Z we might actually have a chance of some support characters instead of a thousand Vegeta and Goku variants every wave.

I don't want anymore Goku variants, but seeing as he is the main character throughout the series, it is inevitable. I WOULD however like more Vegeta's...a Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan 2. Ultimate Gohan wouldn't hurt either, now that I think about it. There are many characters in Z that can be done that would be amazing. We have two Frieza's now...what about Cooler? Better yet, Meta Cooler.

Shinfo13

Postby Shinfo13 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:06 am

poppetmaster wrote:

The Goku on Nimbus is kid Goku with tail.

Mr Yac wrote:I understand what you mean, but I still am happy that this is just going to be an all inclusive Dragon ball line. i'm hoping if they don't focus entirely on Z we might actually have a chance of some support characters instead of a thousand Vegeta and Goku variants every wave.

I don't want anymore Goku variants, but seeing as he is the main character throughout the series, it is inevitable. I WOULD however like more Vegeta's...a Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan 2. Ultimate Gohan wouldn't hurt either, now that I think about it. There are many characters in Z that can be done that would be amazing. We have two Frieza's now...what about Cooler? Better yet, Meta Cooler.

Cooler would be rad. There are so many characters like the androids, Mr. Satan, Beerus, Whis, and even Raditz that need to be done. Throw in a 6" Brolly and Funko could basically print money from all us DBZ fans.
Current Pop count: 280
Current Dorbz Count: 16
Newest Pop: SSGSS Kamehameha Goku
Favorite Pop: SS2 Gohan
ISO: Not even sure anymore

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:09 am

Beerus and Whis are from Dragonball Super though. Well, I take that back...Battle of Gods was a Z movie. But since it looks like they are going all of these POPs under the Z line....

Please, just no GT.

Shinfo13

Postby Shinfo13 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:15 am

poppetmaster wrote:Beerus and Whis are from Dragonball Super though. Well, I take that back...Battle of Gods was a Z movie. But since it looks like they are going all of these POPs under the Z line....

Please, just no GT.

GT isn't fabulous, but I'll go to the grave saying its better than Dragonball (Yeah, I said it!). DB is so boring IMO, but GT is pretty bad too. Pops will never happen, but I'd at least like to see a SS4 Goku and SS4 Vegeta done. I've seen some custom ones out there and I think they'd work well. Nothing else from GT though.

SaintsRow2008

Postby SaintsRow2008 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:20 am

I'm just glad Majin Buu, particularly fat Buu, is in this wave. Very much so looking forward to buying him, in fact I'll most likely be pre-ordering him the next time I'm in a Gamestop store.
-Austin

1st Pop: Superman
100th Pop: SDCC 2016 Metallic Beerus
200th Pop: Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)
300th Pop: Hitoshi Shinso
Latest Pop(s): Oh-Il nam, Gi-hun, Ali, Walter White, Dr. Strange Supreme, and Towelie
Current Pop amount: 387
Rarest Pop(s): The Walking Dead Prison Glenn proto and Tekken King proto
Received 100th Pop on: August 11th, 2016
Received 200th Pop on: March 5th, 2018
Received 300th Pop on April 29th, 2020

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:40 am

Shinfo13 wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:Beerus and Whis are from Dragonball Super though. Well, I take that back...Battle of Gods was a Z movie. But since it looks like they are going all of these POPs under the Z line....

Please, just no GT.

GT isn't fabulous, but I'll go to the grave saying its better than Dragonball (Yeah, I said it!). DB is so boring IMO, but GT is pretty bad too. Pops will never happen, but I'd at least like to see a SS4 Goku and SS4 Vegeta done. I've seen some custom ones out there and I think they'd work well. Nothing else from GT though.

You have to remember that Dragonball came out in the mid 80s. Anime was much different than the mid 90s when GT came out. I would probably watch GT 10 times over than suffer through Super's horrible animation any longer.

Shinfo13

Postby Shinfo13 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:12 am

poppetmaster wrote:
Shinfo13 wrote:

Please, just no GT.

You have to remember that Dragonball came out in the mid 80s. Anime was much different than the mid 90s when GT came out. I would probably watch GT 10 times over than suffer through Super's horrible animation any longer.

Yeah you're right about the time difference between DB and GT. I'm interested in Super, but Goku's japanese voice actress is sooo obnoxious that I refuse to watch subbed episodes. I'll wait for the dub like I did both recent movies which shouldn't take long to appear over here.

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:16 am

Shinfo13 wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:
Shinfo13 wrote:

Yeah you're right about the time difference between DB and GT. I'm interested in Super, but Goku's japanese voice actress is sooo obnoxious that I refuse to watch subbed episodes. I'll wait for the dub like I did both recent movies which shouldn't take long to appear over here.

I used to dislike Goku's voice in the Japanese episodes, but learned to get used to it as time went on. I can't watch dubbed episodes of any anime anymore. Dragonball Z is the exception, but for MOST anime, there is no feeling behind the voices. Just seems like everyone reading a script, where there should be a lot of emotion.

emk194

Postby emk194 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:15 am

The Goku and Gohan ones are adorable, so I'd buy them regardless, but that thought definitely crossed my mind. If it's a DBZ line, I kind of expect DBZ Pops. Not DB/Z/GT all jumbled up under Z. Though, imagine a SS4 Goku Pop... that would be amusing

My belief is that there will probably be a variation of Trunks (Super Saiyan), but I can't really picture anything else for the others.

Looking forward to the pre-order! I'm going to need about 3 sets. lol
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:22 am

emk194 wrote:The Goku and Gohan ones are adorable, so I'd buy them regardless, but that thought definitely crossed my mind. If it's a DBZ line, I kind of expect DBZ Pops. Not DB/Z/GT all jumbled up under Z. Though, imagine a SS4 Goku Pop... that would be amusing

My belief is that there will probably be a variation of Trunks (Super Saiyan), but I can't really picture anything else for the others.

I will get a few Krillin so I can make several dead variants lol lol

emk194

Postby emk194 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:29 am

poppetmaster wrote:
emk194 wrote:The Goku and Gohan ones are adorable, so I'd buy them regardless, but that thought definitely crossed my mind. If it's a DBZ line, I kind of expect DBZ Pops. Not DB/Z/GT all jumbled up under Z. Though, imagine a SS4 Goku Pop... that would be amusing

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

So mean, and yet so perfect.

I have a feeling the Krillin and Bulma ones are going to be stuck on shelves like the Frieza and Cell ones.
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:32 am

emk194 wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

So mean, and yet so perfect.

I have a feeling the Krillin and Bulma ones are going to be stuck on shelves like the Frieza and Cell ones.

Most likely. When they end up vaulting series 2 and the prices on both sky rockets, people will wish they got them when they were on the shelf/clearance bin.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:40 am

I'm just excited to finally see some more come along!! I'm down for the Goku on the nimbus but Bulma, I just don't know if I'll get her and pack my already overfilled shelves even more lol
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:13 am

thejosh2010 wrote:I'm just excited to finally see some more come along!! I'm down for the Goku on the nimbus but Bulma, I just don't know if I'll get her and pack my already overfilled shelves even more lol

Guess we will have to see the glams...then see them in person. It is always different when seeing the actual POP, then its easy to change your mind.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:54 pm

poppetmaster wrote:

Krillen gets a bad rap, but Vegeta has died and gotten his monkey a** handed to him just as many times.

jester00

Postby jester00 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:04 pm

Saw this on Facebook. And literally lost is lol
I LOVE MAXFOZZY

Thomas aka Jester

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:12 pm

Lulzz

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:13 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:

Krillen gets a bad rap, but Vegeta has died and gotten his monkey a** handed to him just as many times.

This is true, but then you can also say Goku has died plenty of times as well and gotten HIS monkey asss handed to him.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:16 pm

agreed, so stop givin poor Krillen such a hard time. poor little no-nosed son of a gun has heart!

emk194

Postby emk194 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:40 pm

jester00 wrote:Image

Saw this on Facebook. And literally lost is lol

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

This just made my day. Thanks.
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

Return to “Pop!”