CW DC TV POP!s

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
JohnnyPOP

Re: CW DC TV POP!s

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:47 pm

ldfm wrote:I think somebody was saying this earlier, I wish they'd do a Laurel "Black Canary". And the one they have now SHOULD have been called The Canary, since it is Sarah Lance's pre-resurrection vigilante. Just like they have a The Arrow and now a Green Arrow. I don't know, it's just technicalities and stuff.

It was probably me because I've been asking for a Laurel Lance Black Canary for awhile lol and same. That bothers me, too. I don't know if that was something they were given or if they didn't think we'd be getting seeing the real Black Canary at any point. As much as I love Sara, I need Laurel.

arisensun

Postby arisensun » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:08 pm

I can't wait!

POPLEpf

Postby POPLEpf » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:32 pm

I really want a CW Supergirl and a Martian Manhunter! (which may be the only one they release)

I still have to get a CW Flash or Green Arrow but someday...

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:29 pm

After seeing that split second of Stargirl in the Legends season two trailer makes me want one of her now.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

ldfm

Postby ldfm » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:38 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:It was probably me because I've been asking for a Laurel Lance Black Canary for awhile lol and same. That bothers me, too. I don't know if that was something they were given or if they didn't think we'd be getting seeing the real Black Canary at any point. As much as I love Sara, I need Laurel.

Yeah hahaha. I was just looking at what few (Pops) I have the other day, saw her and started thinking... "that's gonna bug me". lol This last season and a half I was really starting to love Laurel, but I am so mad now after what they did to her. Why couldn't it have been Felicity?!?!
ImageImageImage
Licenses I Hope For: Alan Wake, Fallout: New Vegas, Star Wars: KOTOR 2, Banjo-Kazooie

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:02 pm

ldfm wrote:Yeah hahaha. I was just looking at what few (Pops) I have the other day, saw her and started thinking... "that's gonna bug me". lol This last season and a half I was really starting to love Laurel, but I am so mad now after what they did to her. Why couldn't it have been Felicity?!?!

I ask myself the same thing every day.

Hopefully we'll get a new Black Canary anyway. With a new sculpt and an updated costume with her batons and stuff. Whatever they're called. The clubs. lol

MV6000

Postby MV6000 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:41 am

DC CW TV Universe POP's I want and wish for...

-Martian Manhunter
-Supergirl
-Superman
-The Flash (Season 2 outfit)
-Arsenal
-Jay Garrick (Season 2 Finale)
-Vixen
-John Constantine
-Heatwave
-Laurel (Black Canary)
-Oliver Queen (Star City 2046)

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:48 am

I wish Supergirl would've been more popular just because I want more Martian Manhunter merch. A new pop, a Dorbz, a Mopeez...please.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:42 am

MV6000 wrote:DC CW TV Universe POP's I want and wish for...

-Martian Manhunter
-Supergirl
-Superman
-Arsenal
-Vixen
-John Constantine
-Heatwave
-Laurel (Black Canary)
-Oliver Queen (Star City 2046)

I think Superman is a long shot, yeah he's Superman but he's only going to be on two episode of Supergirl. If they want to bring in a Superman show then we can get his merch lol

I also had been saying need Roy/Arsenal and definitely need a Laurel version of Black Canary, Sara's version was just the Canary on the show until Laurel took over and their costumes are completely different... Laurel's isn't so revealing and seems more bikerish.

I'm sure we'll get Vixen but it'll probably be the one from Legends of Tomorrow and not the animation/live crossover version.

HowardTheDuck wrote:I wish Supergirl would've been more popular just because I want more Martian Manhunter merch. A new pop, a Dorbz, a Mopeez...please.

well, they said Supergirl Pops are coming didn't they? I can really only see Supergirl and MM Pops, maybe Kara and Hank variants at HT or something lol I could MAYBE see Silver Banshee, Livewire, and Indigo but I think that might be pushing it and probably would be a 2nd wave if the first sold well enough. Other than those, the only baddies that stuck around were her aunt and Nan, and those would translate boringly into Pops.

pop_jumper

Postby pop_jumper » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:01 pm

kevin87 wrote:
I think Superman is a long shot, yeah he's Superman but he's only going to be on two episode of Supergirl. If they want to bring in a Superman show then we can get his merch lol

We had better get a Superman. I want to assemble a damn TV Justice League pop lineup already. lol

kevin87 wrote:I also had been saying need Roy/Arsenal and definitely need a Laurel version of Black Canary, Sara's version was just the Canary on the show until Laurel took over and their costumes are completely different... Laurel's isn't so revealing and seems more bikerish.

Agree 100%

kevin87 wrote:I'm sure we'll get Vixen but it'll probably be the one from Legends of Tomorrow and not the animation/live crossover version.

Close enough, right?

kevin87 wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:I wish Supergirl would've been more popular just because I want more Martian Manhunter merch. A new pop, a Dorbz, a Mopeez...please.

well, they said Supergirl Pops are coming didn't they? I can really only see Supergirl and MM Pops, maybe Kara and Hank variants at HT or something lol I could MAYBE see Silver Banshee, Livewire, and Indigo but I think that might be pushing it and probably would be a 2nd wave if the first sold well enough. Other than those, the only baddies that stuck around were her aunt and Nan, and those would translate boringly into Pops.

Supergirl, Superman , and Manhunter would be just fine with me.
Name's Aaron.
Electronics.

TARGET

POP! : 460
First: Ash (Army of Darkness)
Latest: Violet (CHASE)
Fav POP! : Jay Garrick (signed by Teddy Sears!)/Flocked Crash Bandicoot
GRAIL(S): Qui-Gon Jinn (NYCC 2016)

Mystery Minis: ??

Follow @beachcitiesflash on Instagram!

We got no food, we got no jobs, OUR POPS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:26 pm

I don't think we'll see a DC TV Superman until after Wave 1 unless they rush out an exclusive somewhere, which would be totally fine with me! I'd love to have a TV version too.

Rex Mason

Postby Rex Mason » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:40 pm

So excited about the rumors of a Black Lightning show. He's on my top ten most wanted Pop list, so if they made a show, he'd be a shoe-in for Funko. Here's hoping!

ldfm

Postby ldfm » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:43 pm

Pretty good want list... but don't think another Flash is necessary. The only part of the costume they changed was the emblem (red background to white). And they already have a Jay Garrick. Or in other words, I don't really know what they would need to change on that one?
ImageImageImage
Licenses I Hope For: Alan Wake, Fallout: New Vegas, Star Wars: KOTOR 2, Banjo-Kazooie

pop_jumper

Postby pop_jumper » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:02 pm

ldfm wrote:

Pretty good want list... but don't think another Flash is necessary. The only part of the costume they changed was the emblem (red background to white). And they already have a Jay Garrick. Or in other words, I don't really know what they would need to change on that one?

Their Flash pop is severely lacking in detail on the suit. The sculpt could use an update.

And I think they mean the real Jay Garrick from Earth-3. Not Zoloman posing as Garrick.
Name's Aaron.
Electronics.

TARGET

MV6000

Postby MV6000 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:33 pm

ldfm wrote:

This is Jay Garrick in the Season 2 Finale

Spoiler: show
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d8/Jay_Garrick_(John_Wesley_Shipp).jpg

The Jay Garrick POP we have is Hunter Zolomon (Zoom) posing as Jay Garrick and while I really like the design and the POP it isn't the real Jay Garrick.

As for the Flash Season 2 costume yes there isn't much of a difference between the Season 1 and Season 2 version I would still like Season 2 version since it is the actual Flash costume. I mean if you look at the Funko POP Television line number's 206, 207, 208, and 212 They are almost all the exact same thing with minor differences so why not have the same with The Flash.

206 is Oliver Queen as The Arrow with no mask or hood
207 is The Arrow which is the same as above but with mask and hood
208 is the same as above but with no mask
212 is John Diggle as The Arrow which is the same as above but different skin tone

NormanCaruso

Postby NormanCaruso » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:04 pm

KoKoMo got in The Atom and White Canary for sale. $10 Free Shipping.
Went ahead and ordered both.
Now just need HawkMan and Firestorm.

ldfm

Postby ldfm » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:07 pm

pop_jumper wrote:Their Flash pop is severely lacking in detail on the suit. The sculpt could use an update.

And I think they mean the real Jay Garrick from Earth-3. Not Zoloman posing as Garrick.

Really? Hmm. I'll have to rewatch and see. I didn't think there was much more you could add, especially since it's a sleek, leather look.

I got the idea of what he's saying... but what can you really do to differentiate a "new" Jay from the one they already have? Sounds like collectors think the Pop is the "imposter" and not the "real"... so I don't know.

EDIT: AH! You can ignore some of this stuff... I looked at the suit image he linked, and it is different!
ImageImageImage

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:24 pm

ldfm wrote:
pop_jumper wrote:Their Flash pop is severely lacking in detail on the suit. The sculpt could use an update.

Really? Hmm. I'll have to rewatch and see. I didn't think there was much more you could add, especially since it's a sleek, leather look.

I got the idea of what he's saying... but what can you really do to differentiate a "new" Jay from the one they already have? Sounds like collectors think the Pop is the "imposter" and not the "real"... so I don't know.

EDIT: AH! You can ignore some of this stuff... I looked at the suit image he linked, and it is different!

here's a comparison lol really it'd just be a chest plate with different placement of the lightning bolt with more vibrant reds and blues, put a little on the side of the shirt... the head would basically be the same, maybe just with some age lines and lighter hair lol

ldfm

Postby ldfm » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:37 pm

MV6000 wrote:
This is Jay Garrick in the Season 2 Finale

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d8/Jay_Garrick_(John_Wesley_Shipp).jpg

The Jay Garrick POP we have is Hunter Zolomon (Zoom) posing as Jay Garrick and while I really like the design and the POP it isn't the real Jay Garrick.

As for the Flash Season 2 costume yes there isn't much of a difference between the Season 1 and Season 2 version I would still like Season 2 version since it is the actual Flash costume. I mean if you look at the Funko POP Television line number's 206, 207, 208, and 212 They are almost all the exact same thing with minor differences so why not have the same with The Flash.

206 is Oliver Queen as The Arrow with no mask or hood
207 is The Arrow which is the same as above but with mask and hood
208 is the same as above but with no mask
212 is John Diggle as The Arrow which is the same as above but different skin tone

I see what you mean now! There is a difference between the costumes/suits! I didn't realize that. I haven't seen the finale since it aired lol so I didn't notice until now.

I guess you could do The Flash like above, I just think it's really lazy. It would've been soooo much cooler if they did a Diggle bodyguard or something instead of changing the Unmasked Arrow skin tone for example. Not just changing one thing and re-releasing.
ImageImageImage

ldfm

Postby ldfm » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:39 pm

kevin87 wrote:

here's a comparison lol really it'd just be a chest plate with different placement of the lightning bolt with more vibrant reds and blues, put a little on the side of the shirt... the head would basically be the same, maybe just with some age lines and lighter hair lol

Yes! That is very helpful. Might be just the lighting, but the brighter colors would really make it stand out.
ImageImageImage

pop_jumper

Postby pop_jumper » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:59 am

ldfm wrote:

Besides how bulky the body is and how super square the head is...
The non-leather parts of the suit have a raised texture on it. Like stubble on the Man of Steel suit. Which the pop just doesn't have.
The arms are missing the extension panels on his elbows.
The back (more specifically the legs) are missing some details and lines, too.
Also, like I mentioned, he's really bulky. Grant Gustin on the show is super duper skinny. The pocket pop keychain has better proportions. I mean, put the Zoom pop next to the Flash pop, and Zoom's body and arms are way smaller. That ain't right.

We could use a new Flash pop is all im saying. And I'd buy two :D
Name's Aaron.
Electronics.

TARGET

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:42 am

pop_jumper wrote:Besides how bulky the body is and how super square the head is...
The non-leather parts of the suit have a raised texture on it. Like stubble on the Man of Steel suit. Which the pop just doesn't have.
Also, like I mentioned, he's really bulky. Grant Gustin on the show is super duper skinny. The pocket pop keychain has better proportions. I mean, put the Zoom pop next to the Flash pop, and Zoom's body and arms are way smaller. That ain't right.

I agree with this. An updated Flash pop would be great! I feel like the movie one is going to be just as bulky since the suit looks it.

pop_jumper

Postby pop_jumper » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:55 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
pop_jumper wrote:Besides how bulky the body is and how super square the head is...

I agree with this. An updated Flash pop would be great! I feel like the movie one is going to be just as bulky since the suit looks it.

All the more reason for a slim TV Flash
Name's Aaron.
Electronics.

TARGET

HarryG5O

Postby HarryG5O » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:43 am

pop_jumper wrote:
ldfm wrote:

I didn't notice that before! Wow. Never seeing that Pop in the same way again.
You like my Savitar Avitar?!

Pops: 253
Marvel: 146
DC: 33
Star Wars: 48
Doctor Who: 19
Harry Potter: 3
Minecraft: 1

1st Pop: The Flash (CW)
100th Pop: Ron Weasley
200th Pop: Cap America (Quantum)
Latest Pop: Ben Kenobi
Favourite Pop: General Greivous

My collection: https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/mem ... P8OEP3ZBE/

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:56 am

Still no word on where the LOT Hawkgirl is available? I hope I can get her and Hawkman together this month.

pop_jumper

Postby pop_jumper » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:08 pm

HarryG5O wrote:
pop_jumper wrote:
ldfm wrote:

I didn't notice that before! Wow. Never seeing that Pop in the same way again.

I lovd my Flash pop to death. I just want more! All the better if the amount of detail matches what is standard now.
Name's Aaron.
Electronics.

TARGET

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:15 pm

I really dig the Flash pop, I see no issues with it really and wouldn't buy a new one if it came out unless it was reaaallllly different. I also love Reverse Flash and Zoom, and will only get a few of the other super powered ones, I just don't need a lot of them. Firestorm looks the best to me though, and I might get Atom and Rip when they make him. Not sure about anyone else as of yet. :D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

NormanCaruso

Postby NormanCaruso » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:53 pm

KoKoMo has Firestorm and Hawkman up.
$10 free shipping can't beat that. Went ahead and ordered both.
Was on the fence about Firestorm but in hand pics look awesome.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:58 pm

NormanCaruso wrote:KoKoMo has Firestorm and Hawkman up.
$10 free shipping can't beat that. Went ahead and ordered both.
Was on the fence about Firestorm but in hand pics look awesome.

I've never ordered from them before. What's their packing like?

Hopefully Hawkman's still around by the weekend.

NormanCaruso

Postby NormanCaruso » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:08 pm

Depends where u live. I am 2 states over so they arrive in 2 days.
They don't Bubble wrap they use the Brown wrapping paper but I have never had a problem with the 20+ I have ordered from them.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:12 pm

NormanCaruso wrote:Depends where u live. I am 2 states over so they arrive in 2 days.
They don't Bubble wrap they use the Brown wrapping paper but I have never had a problem with the 20+ I have ordered from them.

That doesn't sound too bad. I've never had a major problem with my post office and I'm OOB so if the boxes are a little dinged up, it's no big. Thanks!

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:20 pm

Resurrecting this thread to say I really can't wait for the Pops from the new seasons of these shows! Mr. Terrific, Vixen, Citizen Steel. All must haves for me right now. And if Artemis gets a cool costume, add her to the list. Plus Jesse Quick and Wally West!

Is it too early to have a wishlist???

pop_jumper

Postby pop_jumper » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:27 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:Resurrecting this thread to say I really can't wait for the Pops from the new seasons of these shows! Mr. Terrific, Vixen, Citizen Steel. All must haves for me right now. And if Artemis gets a cool costume, add her to the list. Plus Jesse Quick and Wally West!

All of the Legends and the Justice Society, Rival, Doctor Alchemy, new Team Arrow...

The list for all the shows just expanded ten fold with the addition of the new characters.
Name's Aaron.
Electronics.

TARGET

leosalion

Postby leosalion » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:33 am

Im still waiting for Vibe and Killer Frost

hawkman2

Postby hawkman2 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:39 am

hopefully some come in my DC subscription boxes.

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:42 am

pop_jumper wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:Resurrecting this thread to say I really can't wait for the Pops from the new seasons of these shows! Mr. Terrific, Vixen, Citizen Steel. All must haves for me right now. And if Artemis gets a cool costume, add her to the list. Plus Jesse Quick and Wally West!

All of the Legends and the Justice Society, Rival, Doctor Alchemy, new Team Arrow...

The list for all the shows just expanded ten fold with the addition of the new characters.

How sick would that Doctor Alchemy Pop be?! I never read Flash so don't know much about (presumably)him, but stoked to see more!
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:20 pm

You guys are talking up all these new characters when all I want is a proper version of my personal favorite, Diggle.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:58 pm

paxderomano wrote:How sick would that Doctor Alchemy Pop be?! I never read Flash so don't know much about (presumably)him, but stoked to see more!

Doctor Alchemy would be AWESOME.

Honestly, all of the JSA and the new characters they've added deserve Pops. And Superman!

HowardTheDuck wrote:

I'm really surprised we've never gotten one for him, Laurel, or Roy.

pop_jumper

Postby pop_jumper » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:46 am

So, to sum up the new want list, that's...
-John Diggle
-Spartan
-Black Canary (Laurel)
-Arsenal
-Brother Blood
-Huntress
-Ra's Al Ghul
-Merlyn as Ra's
-Wild dog
-Mr. Terrific
-Artemis
-Damien Dahrk
-I guess Prometheus or whoever the new bad archer is
-Updated Flash
-Vibe
-Killer Frost
-Harrison Wells
-Unmasked Reverse Flash (Thawne and Wells)
-Unmasked Zoom
-Jay Garrick (E3)
-Kid Flash
-Rival
-Jesse Quick
-Heatwave
-Ronnie Raymond Firestorm
-Vixen
-Constantine
-Justice Society
-Rip Hunter
-Kronos
-Jonah Hex
-Supergirl
-Martian Manhunter
-Superman

Who did I forget?
Name's Aaron.
Electronics.

TARGET

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:09 am

Ragman 8-[

Return to “Pop!”