HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
hailmary25

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:09 pm

Pryde72 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Pryde72 wrote:
Very much the case for me.

I know it’s been said a million times (usually in this thread), but so much classic stuff, still to be done

it is a shame really I just do not see us getting anymore classic stuff with the way this line as been going. An exclusive here and there, a small drop and such. I think the Pting is a interesting choice. Who ever designed it or pitched it must have really loved it. I also trying to get in Funko's mindset maybe say to themselves if this random creature sells well maybe the line and sales can handle some others.

Since I’m old, I grew up watching the Tom Baker years, but Jon Pertwee will always be my favourite...followed closely by Peter Davidson.

I’d love The Master (sorry, Missy doesn’t count to me), or Chameleon...or a few variations of Cybermen

I guess if I have to wait for SDCC or NYCC for new stuff, then I will.

I’m just glad they haven’t totally abandoned the line

That's how I try to look at it hell I almost prefer it. I also collect Harry Potter and every wave is 10+ pops and it is overwhelming my available space and wallet.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:39 pm

Jezter wrote:Also bummed we didn't get the 13th Doctor in her coat as a regular release, I thought we would. Just another along with 12 in the space suit I'll never own. :(

Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday at SDCC I probably waited a combined 18 hours to try to get a 13th Doctor and failed every single time. I got about 20 people away one day, but nowhere near it the other days. I have no idea how normal people got one.

I ended up buying one for $80 a couple of weeks after the con and it has ended up being the best $80 I ever spent on a Pop.

I have heard a rumor that there will be a 13 with her goggles from 'The Woman Who Fell to Earth'.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:29 pm

scullysdad wrote:I have heard a rumor that there will be a 13 with her goggles from 'The Woman Who Fell to Earth'.

Oh gawd I hope not...but hope we do at the same time
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m alright nooooooooooow :cat:

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:46 pm

scullysdad wrote:
Jezter wrote:Also bummed we didn't get the 13th Doctor in her coat as a regular release, I thought we would. Just another along with 12 in the space suit I'll never own. :(

Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday at SDCC I probably waited a combined 18 hours to try to get a 13th Doctor and failed every single time. I got about 20 people away one day, but nowhere near it the other days. I have no idea how normal people got one.

I ended up buying one for $80 a couple of weeks after the con and it has ended up being the best $80 I ever spent on a Pop.

I have heard a rumor that there will be a 13 with her goggles from 'The Woman Who Fell to Earth'.

That's how I got 13 also! I thought I was gonna be fine with waiting for a general release, and then the bug hit me like a freight train, so I grabbed one from Gemini on a restock. The best $80 for sure!

I really hope to see more from the companions and classics, but I'll happily take a be-goggled 13th Doctor too! :D
Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogoly was?

deathlycollector

Postby deathlycollector » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:10 pm

I ended up spending just over $100 on 13 and it was well worth it. I just couldnt risk waiting for a general release.
Call me DC or Michael
Instagram: michaelrdr_funko
Grail: Gold Loki

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:02 am

BadEugoogolizer wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

That's how I got 13 also! I thought I was gonna be fine with waiting for a general release, and then the bug hit me like a freight train, so I grabbed one from Gemini on a restock. The best $80 for sure!

I really hope to see more from the companions and classics, but I'll happily take a be-goggled 13th Doctor too! :D

I wound up buying 13 for $90 at Frank & Sons. So glad I did!

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:25 pm

deathlycollector wrote:I ended up spending just over $100 on 13 and it was well worth it. I just couldnt risk waiting for a general release.

I was super lucky and a good friend picked it up for me at the con.

It was one hell of an awesome surprise and it still holds a place of honour on my “Who shelf”

HarryG5O

Postby HarryG5O » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:51 am

With any luck there'll be something on the back of the Pting's box to show new Pops. Knowing our luck as Doctor Who fans and Funko fans, that will not happen however lol lol
You like my Savitar Avitar?!

Pops: 253
Marvel: 146
DC: 33
Star Wars: 48
Doctor Who: 19
Harry Potter: 3
Minecraft: 1

1st Pop: The Flash (CW)
100th Pop: Ron Weasley
200th Pop: Cap America (Quantum)
Latest Pop: Ben Kenobi
Favourite Pop: General Greivous

My collection: https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/mem ... P8OEP3ZBE/

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:34 am

HarryG5O wrote:With any luck there'll be something on the back of the Pting's box to show new Pops. Knowing our luck as Doctor Who fans and Funko fans, that will not happen however lol lol

I was hoping the same thing with the 1st Doctor, and it didn't happen.
Very sad. :(
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:11 pm

Greymom wrote:
BadEugoogolizer wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

I wound up buying 13 for $90 at Frank & Sons. So glad I did!

I got mine of gemini when they first went up. At the time I cursed myself for buying it at the price.

NESSNODDER
Hall of Fame Class of 2005

Postby NESSNODDER » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:23 pm

NOT MY FIRST OR 20TH CHOICE FOR A ALIEN DOCTOR WHO POP. BUT AT LEAST WE'RE GETTING AN ALIEN.

WE NEED MORE DW ALIEN AND MONSTER POPS PLEASE.
COTM DECEMBER 2010

I'M BLOODY CRAZY ABOUT DOCTOR WHO!

Cccustomspop

Postby Cccustomspop » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:25 am

NESSNODDER wrote:NOT MY FIRST OR 20TH CHOICE FOR A ALIEN DOCTOR WHO POP. BUT AT LEAST WE'RE GETTING AN ALIEN.

I agree. :/ but I won’t complain, as long as I keep getting at least a few Doctor Who pops a year I’m good
Instagram: cccustomspop
FB: fb.com/cccustomspop

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:14 pm

Cccustomspop wrote:
NESSNODDER wrote:NOT MY FIRST OR 20TH CHOICE FOR A ALIEN DOCTOR WHO POP. BUT AT LEAST WE'RE GETTING AN ALIEN.

I agree. :/ but I won’t complain, as long as I keep getting at least a few Doctor Who pops a year I’m good

Exactly atleast we still get something. Some lines have been shutdown completly

Cccustomspop

Postby Cccustomspop » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:45 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Cccustomspop wrote:

Exactly atleast we still get something. Some lines have been shutdown completly

Exactly. It gives me hope there will be more. It looks like they are focusing on the current seasons, which makes sense. But there is sooooo much from older seasons that I would love to see

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:31 pm

just as I was catching up on this thread...Funko drops an announcement! Thank you Funko!
Funatic of all things Funko!!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:32 pm

Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

NESSNODDER

Postby NESSNODDER » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:45 pm

KERBLAM!
COTM DECEMBER 2010

I'M BLOODY CRAZY ABOUT DOCTOR WHO!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:46 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:https://www.funko.com/blog/article/coming-soon-doctor-who-pop-1

:freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

We must buy them all. Prove the DW line is not dead so that maybe they will make past seasons characters

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:00 pm

I'm a little shocked there aren't any of the companions in this mini wave, but I will pick up all three of these and the Pting to support the line. The Kerblam! man looks especially awesome.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:09 pm

The Kerblam man is my fave. Though also love the "work in progress" Doctor
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

yoyogod

Postby yoyogod » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:43 pm

Normally a new Doctor Who wave would make me happy, but the fact that last SDCC's 13th Doctor "first to market" isn't part of it has me really ticked off. This finally makes me believe we're never going to see that pop in a wide release and my Doctor Who pop collection will never be complete unless I shell out big bucks to flippers. I really don't appreciate being lied to, Funko.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:21 pm

Haven't watched any of the current season yet but I like the pops I've seen from it.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:22 pm

I am really happy with this wave! The only one that I really need is the Kerblam Man because that was my favorite episode of this series by far, but I also loved resolution, so I may have to pick up the Dalek. I am happy to finally see a 13th Doctor with her Sonic Screwdriver too, but I already have the other two versions, so I probably won't pick it up!
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

akagalar

Postby akagalar » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:44 pm

Glad they are finally coming out with a new line!
Image Image

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:02 pm

Happy to see more Doctor Who! I keep hoping there will be a regular release of the 13th with her coat, since I thought SDCC was first to market, but I'm not sure why I thought that. I do have the Rock Candy, so it'll have to do. I haven't even finished watching the last season yet, but only a few episodes left. I thought Pting was cute (albeit destructive), so glad to have him added.

While I like Doctor Who, I feel like this season is falling flat. I like Jodi! But the adventures aren't very..adventurous..? Just feels like they are playing it too safe or something. Still a massive DW fan, but something feels totally off, right? Is it just me? Maybe since I don't get to watch TV very often...
Melissa

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:10 pm

lunarembrace wrote:Happy to see more Doctor Who! I keep hoping there will be a regular release of the 13th with her coat, since I thought SDCC was first to market, but I'm not sure why I thought that.

You thought that because it was advertised and labeled as First to Market. I keep worrying that as soon as I give in and buy the SDCC version, they’ll finally keep that promise.

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:25 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:Happy to see more Doctor Who! I keep hoping there will be a regular release of the 13th with her coat, since I thought SDCC was first to market, but I'm not sure why I thought that.

You thought that because it was advertised and labeled as First to Market. I keep worrying that as soon as I give in and buy the SDCC version, they’ll finally keep that promise.

xD That's what I thought, but then second guessed myself once a year finally came and almost went. Things happen, of course.
Melissa

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:30 pm

Chase Variant wrote:

xD That's what I thought, but then second guessed myself once a year finally came and almost went. Things happen, of course.

Poopy duplicate post. Having a crappy internet day, and can't delete!
Last edited by lunarembrace on Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melissa

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:42 pm

yoyogod wrote:Normally a new Doctor Who wave would make me happy, but the fact that last SDCC's 13th Doctor "first to market" isn't part of it has me really ticked off. This finally makes me believe we're never going to see that pop in a wide release and my Doctor Who pop collection will never be complete unless I shell out big bucks to flippers. I really don't appreciate being lied to, Funko.

lunarembrace wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:

I am sure the original plan was for it to be a first to market. But I will say for everyone that was holding out for it be released Funko themselves said NO during a twitter Q&A a month or two after SDCC last year.

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:45 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
yoyogod wrote:Normally a new Doctor Who wave would make me happy, but the fact that last SDCC's 13th Doctor "first to market" isn't part of it has me really ticked off. This finally makes me believe we're never going to see that pop in a wide release and my Doctor Who pop collection will never be complete unless I shell out big bucks to flippers. I really don't appreciate being lied to, Funko.

lunarembrace wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:

I am sure the original plan was for it to be a first to market. But I will say for everyone that was holding out for it be released Funko themselves said NO during a twitter Q&A a month or two after SDCC last year.

That totally answers that question. :O!

Just wondering..does she wear two different colors of the same shirt? Burgundy in some episodes/scenes and then blue? Do I need a new TV?
Melissa

HarryG5O

Postby HarryG5O » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:12 pm

Defo gonna need the Kerblam Man and the new Dalek!

Cccustomspop

Postby Cccustomspop » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:44 pm

I’ll be getting all of them. Love 13 with her goggles and work apron

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:01 pm

Dude I'm pumped about new Pops for the line! Gotta get em all asap!

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:44 am

Yay! These three make me very happy indeed.

FunkoFresh253

Postby FunkoFresh253 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:42 pm

im surprised but glad theyre still releasing dr who pops. dalek is necessary yall
Team Goonies! Team Pop Protectors! Team Lumberjacks!Image

deathlycollector

Postby deathlycollector » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:57 am

Very pleased that this line isnt dead. Would still like them to throw in some older Doctors. Would be nice to have them all eventually.
Call me DC or Michael
Instagram: michaelrdr_funko
Grail: Gold Loki

lothaar

Postby lothaar » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:40 am

At least Pting should be much easier to get at the con this week. I won the Funko lottery last year and got 13 there so I was happy :). Very glad they're still releasing more, Vashta Nerata was pretty cool also.

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:13 am

Yeah, I'm sure Pting will be warming shelves for a while. Still gonna get it immediately, but it's not something the average casual Whovian will buy.

We need more Doctors and cool villains!

HarryG5O

Postby HarryG5O » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:57 pm

BadEugoogolizer wrote:Yeah, I'm sure Pting will be warming shelves for a while. Still gonna get it immediately, but it's not something the average casual Whovian will buy.

We need more Doctors and cool villains!

I reckon an Ood would be a good one. It's pretty well known by non-fans, would look cool, and they've appeared here and there throughout the show so fans would love it?

SaintsRow2008

Postby SaintsRow2008 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:25 pm

I would really love a Pop! of O from the New Year's episode. :)
-Austin

1st Pop: Superman
100th Pop: SDCC 2016 Metallic Beerus
200th Pop: Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)
300th Pop: Hitoshi Shinso
Latest Pop(s): Oh-Il nam, Gi-hun, Ali, Walter White, Dr. Strange Supreme, and Towelie
Current Pop amount: 387
Rarest Pop(s): The Walking Dead Prison Glenn proto and Tekken King proto
Received 100th Pop on: August 11th, 2016
Received 200th Pop on: March 5th, 2018
Received 300th Pop on April 29th, 2020

Return to “Pop!”