HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
kevin87

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby kevin87 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:55 pm

CosmicCollector77 wrote:I spoke to an employee at my local Hot Topic and he said that the Clara Memorial TARDIS is set to arrive in stores mid November and the 13th Doctor is December as well as an undisclosed
store exclusive

Wonder if that's the SDCC FTM one

Vashta Nerada arrived today... I noticed the face looked two-toned so I check and only half of the face glows, they forgot to paint the rest with GITD paint. ](*,) That's going to bug me lol Anybody else have that problem? I would check my store but they didn't even get any on Friday so I don't think it'd matter.

Spoiler: show
(sorry for terrible phone camera lol)
Spoiler: show

lrienaeds

Postby lrienaeds » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:00 pm

wolvie wrote:
CosmicCollector77 wrote:I spoke to an employee at my local Hot Topic and he said that the Clara Memorial TARDIS is set to arrive in stores mid November and the 13th Doctor is December as well as an undisclosed
store exclusive

The Clara Tardis is at Hot Topic now in California.

I found the Clara Tardis at Hot Topic in Pittsburgh. They had 3.

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:14 pm

Sometimes I don't understand Box Lunch. I ordered a Clara Tardis when they had 4 left in stock. The next day there were 90+ when someone posted it. Today my order was canceled. Like... why didn't order 91 from the next day get canceled instead? But Amazon has it for pre-order so no big deal. Just ranting.
Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogoly was?

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:40 pm

Where is Thirteen #686?

Release in Canada, Gamestop?, a few weeks ago but nothing apparently in the USA. This one is keeping my Doctor Who collection incomplete.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:52 pm

kevin87 wrote:
Vashta Nerada arrived today... I noticed the face looked two-toned so I check and only half of the face glows, they forgot to paint the rest with GITD paint. ](*,) That's going to bug me lol Anybody else have that problem? I would check my store but they didn't even get any on Friday so I don't think it'd matter.

I believe that is intentional because (I believe) the glow is supposed to represent the light in the bottom of their helmets that shine up on their faces (for both the humans and skeletons). in the episodes, this light only shines on the bottom half of their faces.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:46 pm

Just bought Clara Tardis at Christiana DE
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:36 am

jkcohen626 wrote:
kevin87 wrote:

I believe that is intentional because (I believe) the glow is supposed to represent the light in the bottom of their helmets that shine up on their faces (for both the humans and skeletons). in the episodes, this light only shines on the bottom half of their faces.

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:48 am

Chase Variant wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:
kevin87 wrote:

Hm, ok.. well that makes sense then. Doesn't translate as well in Pop form though, just looks like they forgot to paint the rest with GITD paint lol

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:50 am

Bought the Clara TARDIS at Box Lunch today. They still have no clue when the 13th Doctor will be released in their store.

NESSNODDER
Hall of Fame Class of 2005
Hall of Fame Class of 2005

Postby NESSNODDER » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:25 am

Cccustomspop wrote:I’d really like some more monsters :( I mean I want all of these too. But monsters and the rest of the classic doctors are a must for me

AGREED.
COTM DECEMBER 2010

I'M BLOODY CRAZY ABOUT DOCTOR WHO!

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:27 am

I like the recent vashta!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:35 pm

Vashta was the second to sell out at my local HT. We didn't even get to buy one! I think the villains need to be front and center to save the line. Also more variants of the tardises or is it tardi?

POPianato

Postby POPianato » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:05 pm

kevin87 wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:

Hm, ok.. well that makes sense then. Doesn't translate as well in Pop form though, just looks like they forgot to paint the rest with GITD paint lol

I thought the exact same thing when I put the UV on mine as well.
ImageImage

HarryG5O

Postby HarryG5O » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:40 am

Nooklin wrote:Vashta was the second to sell out at my local HT. We didn't even get to buy one! I think the villains need to be front and center to save the line. Also more variants of the tardises or is it tardi?

Agreed. The uniqueness of the aliens in Pop form will drag people in I think. Then again, I'm a collector, not a businessman. I'd love an Ood, Slitheen, Sontaron, Judoon and Silurian though!
You like my Savitar Avitar?!

Pops: 253
Marvel: 146
DC: 33
Star Wars: 48
Doctor Who: 19
Harry Potter: 3
Minecraft: 1

1st Pop: The Flash (CW)
100th Pop: Ron Weasley
200th Pop: Cap America (Quantum)
Latest Pop: Ben Kenobi
Favourite Pop: General Greivous

My collection: https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/mem ... P8OEP3ZBE/

osakahedgehog3

Postby osakahedgehog3 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:54 am

Doctor Who newbie here, so I apologize if this was asked or answered before....but is the first-to-market Thirteenth Doctor going to get a general release or is the general release just without the coat?
Funko Collection

All-Time Favorite Pop! Vinyl: WWE CM Punk - Hot Topic Edition
Favorite Most Recently Bought Pop! Vinyl: Aggretsuko 10" inch
Most Wanted Pop! Vinyl: Mono Conan O'Brien

All-Time Favorite Dorbz: Thanos XL
Favorite Most Recently Bought Dorbz: Iron Fist
Most Wanted Dorbz: Bullseye Batman

lrienaeds

Postby lrienaeds » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:48 am

osakahedgehog3 wrote:Doctor Who newbie here, so I apologize if this was asked or answered before....but is the first-to-market Thirteenth Doctor going to get a general release or is the general release just without the coat?

The other "first to market" pops that I can recall also had a regular release (Powerpuff Girls, Unmasked Vader, Super Grover), so I am expecting this Thirteenth Doctor to as well.

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:06 am

osakahedgehog3 wrote:Doctor Who newbie here, so I apologize if this was asked or answered before....but is the first-to-market Thirteenth Doctor going to get a general release or is the general release just without the coat?

I am personally and selfishly hoping its a release without the coat to keep the uniqueness of the FTM SDCC Pop.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:10 am

The Thirteenth Doctor is baffling so far. No one knows the answer to your question. Another question I have is, what is going on with the no coat release? It seems to have been released in a small quantity in Canada a few weeks ago, but nowhere else since. Mysteries..

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:52 am

volsspongebob wrote:

I am personally and selfishly hoping its a release without the coat to keep the uniqueness of the FTM SDCC Pop.

That would defeat the purpose of calling it First to Market, because at that point it would just be an SDCC exclusive.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:14 pm

Hope next major con we get Donna Noble. The actress has been the rounds and would love to get it signed

matrixman9

Postby matrixman9 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:46 pm

I asked in the funko QA on twitter yesterday. I specifically said “is this mold still coming as a common?” And included a picture of the sdcc one. They replied and said it was still coming.

So it doesn’t look like it’s being replaced by the one without a jacket, it’s still coming thankfully

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:23 pm

wolvie wrote:Where is Thirteen #686?

Release in Canada, Gamestop?, a few weeks ago but nothing apparently in the USA. This one is keeping my Doctor Who collection incomplete.

Still looks like Mork. Even moreso without the coat.
Funklub: 11181

kickinit

Postby kickinit » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:35 am

Squird wrote:
wolvie wrote:Where is Thirteen #686?

Still looks like Mork. Even moreso without the coat.

Haha, she totally does.

Oxayotl

Postby Oxayotl » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:10 pm

hailmary25 wrote:Hope next major con we get Donna Noble. The actress has been the rounds and would love to get it signed

I would love it if we get Donna Noble next!

I was really hoping for a Master at NYCC to go with Missy.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:45 pm

As much as I love getting single Pops at cons /s

I would really like to see Yaz, Ryan, and Graham get Pops. I know it's only been three episodes but I'm already very attached to this whole dynamic they have with the Doctor. I'd also really like to see the new Thirteen Pop start actually showing up soon. And the Rock Candy.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:18 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:As much as I love getting single Pops at cons /s

I would really like to see Yaz, Ryan, and Graham get Pops. I know it's only been three episodes but I'm already very attached to this whole dynamic they have with the Doctor. I'd also really like to see the new Thirteen Pop start actually showing up soon. And the Rock Candy.

First 2 episodes i felt Yaz was the third wheel. But she did a lot more in the 3rd

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:51 pm

hailmary25 wrote:First 2 episodes i felt Yaz was the third wheel. But she did a lot more in the 3rd

It felt like they hit their stride pretty well in episode 3, yeah. That was such a good episode too. The new season has made me love the show again.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:47 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:First 2 episodes i felt Yaz was the third wheel. But she did a lot more in the 3rd

It felt like they hit their stride pretty well in episode 3, yeah. That was such a good episode too. The new season has made me love the show again.

I liked capaldi and his run, but yes I am enjoying the new direction with new doctor and writers

Cccustomspop

Postby Cccustomspop » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:20 pm

hailmary25 wrote:Hope next major con we get Donna Noble. The actress has been the rounds and would love to get it signed

Catherine Tate is really awesome in person. I gave her a custom Donna and she adored it. LoL she gave me an extra autograph and took a bunch of selfies with me even though I didn’t pay extra for that.
Instagram: cccustomspop
FB: fb.com/cccustomspop

Cccustomspop

Postby Cccustomspop » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:23 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

I liked capaldi and his run, but yes I am enjoying the new direction with new doctor and writers

I’m lovimg this series so far! I’ve always loved doctor who but I have been over Moffat as showrunner for a while. The only criticism I have so far is I would have liked a bit more back story on the villain in “Rosa” but I’ve seen speculation on the internet that he will be back, so maybe I’ll get more character development later in the season.
Instagram: cccustomspop
FB: fb.com/cccustomspop

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:52 pm

The first episode, I though Jodie was really struggling to get the proper feel for the character. She was great in Broadchurch and Black Mirror so I was really hopeful. After the first episode, I was, thinking oh no, it's just not working for me. Second episode, she was back on track but I am still not sold on having three companions. Personally, I would like it if 13 behaved more like 10, that would be great to see a woman Doctor just take care of business and don't need companions to figure things out.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:07 am

Cccustomspop wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

I’m lovimg this series so far! I’ve always loved doctor who but I have been over Moffat as showrunner for a while. The only criticism I have so far is I would have liked a bit more back story on the villain in “Rosa” but I’ve seen speculation on the internet that he will be back, so maybe I’ll get more character development later in the season.

He seems like a good bad and I would think they would bring him back. He isn't dead just displaced. Looking at the episode I feel like it would be weird if he was a one off. Or maybe the prison he was at keeps sending people after them if not him.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:07 am

Cccustomspop wrote:

Catherine Tate is really awesome in person. I gave her a custom Donna and she adored it. LoL she gave me an extra autograph and took a bunch of selfies with me even though I didn’t pay extra for that.

She was great in person. I had her sign the Adipose pop

TigerLily1276

Postby TigerLily1276 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:36 am

Nooklin wrote:Vashta was the second to sell out at my local HT. We didn't even get to buy one! I think the villains need to be front and center to save the line. Also more variants of the tardises or is it tardi?

As a member of Team Villains in the Whovian Running Club, I would love more Villains.
ImageImage Image ImageImage

Argus

Postby Argus » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:53 pm

I ended up resorting to Ebay for it. I work "normal" hours, so I was asleep when it went up online and unable to make it to my local HT until after they'd been long gone. The limit of 5 per customer certainly didn't help matters. But yeah, more villains would definitely help this line. Maybe a non-glow Vashta as a general release.

akagalar

Postby akagalar » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:03 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Cccustomspop wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

He seems like a good bad and I would think they would bring him back. He isn't dead just displaced. Looking at the episode I feel like it would be weird if he was a one off. Or maybe the prison he was at keeps sending people after them if not him.

I thought I read that this season would be 10 individual episodes with their own stories and no 2-parters. But even if they don't explain his backstory this season, there is always the next.
Image Image

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:26 pm

akagalar wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Cccustomspop wrote:

I thought I read that this season would be 10 individual episodes with their own stories and no 2-parters. But even if they don't explain his backstory this season, there is always the next.

This is what I heard also. But I love they already have places to go in future seasons.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:59 pm

NCDS wrote:
akagalar wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

This is what I heard also. But I love they already have places to go in future seasons.

The whole season can still have a theme with each episode being individual. The first two episodes she wanted her Tardis back

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:25 am

It would be great to have some more GITD variants!
Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:04 am

ANyone seen Missy in store. They had the Clara TArdis but no Missy

Return to “Pop!”