HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
dubbelaar

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby dubbelaar » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:29 am

i would love to see dr who characters from the old series from the 1960s through to the 1990s .That would be cool

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:47 am

Just had to share - a friend and I worked a sweet deal this weekend, trading some pops and scored a previous years SDCC 12th Doctor in a spacesuit pop! The dream of the full collection is still alive! Also, Funko needs to keep the Doctor Who line alive - what else will we shop for, otherwise?!
Image ImageImage Image

Victolus

Postby Victolus » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:31 pm

Is the line now officially dead? Does anyone know?

I started collecting because of Buffy (also seems to be dead), and stuck with it because of Doctor Who. I bought all of the DW pops from all waves at full retail price long before any of them ever hit the discount bin. I'm guessing my interest and those of you on this thread won't be enough to sustain the waves from a business standpoint, but is there another alternative that Funko can come up with? Maybe releasing one or two of them per year as Hot Topic "convention exclusives", maybe? Or maybe throw one in a Loot Crate box next year? One a year is better than none. I'm just hoping there are some other things that can be done instead of dropping the Doctor Who line altogether.

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:47 pm

Victolus wrote:Is the line now officially dead? Does anyone know?

I started collecting because of Buffy (also seems to be dead), and stuck with it because of Doctor Who. I bought all of the DW pops from all waves at full retail price long before any of them ever hit the discount bin. I'm guessing my interest and those of you on this thread won't be enough to sustain the waves from a business standpoint, but is there another alternative that Funko can come up with? Maybe releasing one or two of them per year as Hot Topic "convention exclusives", maybe? Or maybe throw one in a Loot Crate box next year? One a year is better than none. I'm just hoping there are some other things that can be done instead of dropping the Doctor Who line altogether.

Buffy seemed to be dead and then they randomly had the TT exclusive one at SDCC, so who knows?

As for DW, honestly it hasn't been all that long since the last wave came out, I'd say it's too soon to say.
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:41 pm

I am hoping that the Christmas Special this year and the return of regular seasons next year along with a new companion helps reiginite some interest in the line. At the very least I would still like to see:

Clara
Martha
Donna
Amy
Rory
and maybe even Mickey before the line is declared dead.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

bonnjer

Postby bonnjer » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:52 pm

If I don't get an Amy Pop, I'm gonna be upset. They can just make it a one Pop wave. Any variant.

minusdatails

Postby minusdatails » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:05 pm

I really do hope they continue the Doctor Who line! I would love to see more pops, especially more companions!
My name is Kyle and I may or may not be a cat. :cat:
GRAIL: Captain America Mega Dorbz

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:46 am

I've noticed that the Dr. Who line is on it's way to clearance ($5) and soon super clearance ($1 & below) at my local stores.
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

ruxy_100

ruxy_100

Postby ruxy_100 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:09 pm

Mister Piggy Wiggy wrote:I've noticed that the Dr. Who line is on it's way to clearance ($5) and soon super clearance ($1 & below) at my local stores.

Which wave is that?

commodorefunko

Re: ruxy_100

Postby commodorefunko » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 pm

ruxy_100 wrote:
Mister Piggy Wiggy wrote:I've noticed that the Dr. Who line is on it's way to clearance ($5) and soon super clearance ($1 & below) at my local stores.

Which wave is that?

What stores?
Jonas is the name, Pops are my game

Current POP Count: 299! I want to get something special for 300!+ 9 Mini/Pocket Pops
Current Dorbz/Pint Sized Heroes Count: 20ish
Current Mystery Mini/Idolz/Hikari/Mini Hikari Count: 20

ISO: Any color/white Masters of The Universe, X-Files, Twin Peaks, LOST, Stranger Things, Mr T, and Star Wars protos!!

addict2films

Postby addict2films » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:21 am

Ugh this gives me anxiety.

Is this the Doctor Who line really over?

I thought the new wave did well? I saw a few posts on the fb of people posting their haul.

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Re: ruxy_100

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:01 pm

ruxy_100 wrote:Which wave is that?

Wave one at least.
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

TheWarDoctor

Postby TheWarDoctor » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:22 pm

I hope the person who told us about the problems in the first place can let us know how the line is going. I mean, unlike the majority here, I hope for some classic pops! before the line dies. I think they should do a wave that WILL sell well and they know will, for example:
12th Doctor Variant
New Classic Doctor
Clara Oswald
Amy Pond
11th Doctor Variant
Donna Noble

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:24 pm

To be honest, as a fan of the classic series I would prefer more characters from Doctors 1-8. Yes, I own the 9th and 10th Doctor in all their variants, but I don't ever want a Clara, Amy, Donna etc...if Funko made the remaining classic Doctors and classic villians I'd be buying everything they released...just sayin'...
Last edited by popmad2016 on Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:27 pm

My dream wave would go...
Season 18 burgundy outfit Fourth Doctor
NOTD Eighth Doctor
Fifth Doctor
Third Doctor
Second Doctor
First Doctor
Delgado Master
Sutek
Mechanoid (6" scale)
Giant Robot (6" scale)

And a Hot Topic / Con exclusives:
- Season 18 Meglos Fourth Doctor variant
- Black & White 1st Doctor
- Black & White second Doctor
- TV Movie Eighth Doctor

And either as part of a final 5th wave or as exclusives it would be nice to get the final two remaining classic Doctors, The Sixth Doctor & Seventh Doctor...after that I'd be happy to call it a day ;)

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:54 am

I need the DW line to continue - as long as the series is ongoing, there will always be more pops to buy. And it's easy shopping for birthday/holiday gifts for my DW friends - well, the ones that they don't already insta-buy!
Image ImageImage Image

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:48 am

Wish you Doctor Who fan's all the best! I hope you can make it happen!
I be Chris

NESSNODDER
Hall of Fame Class of 2005

Postby NESSNODDER » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:14 am

I'M SO HAPPY FUNKO MADE DAVROS AND THE WAR DOCTOR. I'D STILL LIKE TO SEE SOME MORE CLASSIC DOCTORS, LEELA, ICE WARRIOR AND A ZYGON. AND MULTI COLORED DALEKS.
COTM DECEMBER 2010

I'M BLOODY CRAZY ABOUT DOCTOR WHO!

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:56 am

NESSNODDER - really love that DW banner with Four, Sarah etc! Very evocative of the era!

NESSNODDER

Postby NESSNODDER » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:53 am

popmad2016 wrote:NESSNODDER - really love that DW banner with Four, Sarah etc! Very evocative of the era!

THANKS FELLOW WHOVIAN.
COTM DECEMBER 2010

I'M BLOODY CRAZY ABOUT DOCTOR WHO!

addict2films

Postby addict2films » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:50 pm

I'm not going to let thread die. ever. not until the line is saved, and that we have more Doctor Who Pops, there was a wave 4 scheduled, and I'm willing to bet that they were Clara, Rory and Amy in the bunch.
We already missed Doctor Who for entire year, and don't want the Doctor Who line to go as well.

Brian Mariotti please. don't let cancel this line.

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:03 pm

Well I did my little bit to save the line, bought Davros and 10th Doctor with hand.

Not a fan of Doctors 11 or 12, so not collecting them, their companions or villians...have all the rest though :P

Still really hoping we will at least get the remaining classic Doctors and a season 18 4th Doctor variant...

My plea to Brian Mariotti is PLEASE give us more Doctors and more classic series Who Pop!s if further waves get greenlit.

Fingers crossed this is not the end...

Victolus

Postby Victolus » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:22 am

Give us the rest of the doctors, at least

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:01 pm

Forgot to post that I picked up the War Doctor and 12th with the guitar and sonic sunglasses a week ago. Very happy with them, can't wait to get the rest of wave 3, probably going on my Christmas list to the wife, haha.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Greeryboy2410

Postby Greeryboy2410 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:03 pm

Did my bit, ordered a Fez 11th and a 3D glasses 10th
Pop Count: 80 something

Holy Grail: Green Arrow
Realistic Grail: Chase Flash
First Pop: New 52 Flash
Latest Buy: Civil War 5 pack
Latest Preorder(s): None :/

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:48 am

Greeryboy2410 wrote:Did my bit, ordered a Fez 11th and a 3D glasses 10th

You're going to love the 10th Doctor with 3D glasses - definitely even better in person! ;)

addict2films

Postby addict2films » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:13 pm

Just saw an amazing post of someone with the complete set of Doctor Who pops displayed on a facebook group... and it made me sad that we might not see more than the characters that have already been produced... Keep this post alive! We need the companions as well!!

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:25 pm

addict2films wrote: We need the companions as well!!

Never mind the companions!! What we need are the rest of the Doctors! It is DOCTOR Who after all... :-k

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:46 am

This line has to survive - I need a RORY!
Image ImageImage Image

thestewtaylor

Postby thestewtaylor » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:58 am

My Christmas list is pretty much the remainder of the Doctor Who Pops I need, but then after I've got them, I need there to be more :)
I'm Stew

navpop23

Postby navpop23 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:54 am

Even if they were to stop the line, at the very least they should make pops of the missing Doctors. I think every Whovian would be happy to have a complete set.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:00 am

My hope is that in 2017 we get smaller waves, maybe 4-5 Pops per wave, tops, and that 2-3 of each wave is a NEW, previously unreleased Doctor, just to complete the line. After them throw in 1-2 of the other characters, Martha, Donna, Amy, Rory, Clara, The Master, The Mistress and some creatures, and once the Doctors are all done, NOT including variants, than take a break from DW for awhile. Maybe give the show time to add new characters, a new doctor, new companion etc, and then maybe 2018 give us a fresh wave with all current characters. I know, everyone has a different opinion, and Funko, while they read these boards, sees the big picture more than most of us could, but as a huge fan, this is my dream. I've been fantasizing about a detolf full of Doctor Who Funko items....and hope to some day make it come true. That is all. :D

Pops!- 716ish

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:04 pm

Jezter wrote:My hope is that in 2017 we get smaller waves, maybe 4-5 Pops per wave, tops, and that 2-3 of each wave is a NEW, previously unreleased Doctor, just to complete the line. After them throw in 1-2 of the other characters, Martha, Donna, Amy, Rory, Clara, The Master, The Mistress and some creatures, and once the Doctors are all done, NOT including variants, than take a break from DW for awhile. Maybe give the show time to add new characters, a new doctor, new companion etc, and then maybe 2018 give us a fresh wave with all current characters. I know, everyone has a different opinion, and Funko, while they read these boards, sees the big picture more than most of us could, but as a huge fan, this is my dream. I've been fantasizing about a detolf full of Doctor Who Funko items....and hope to some day make it come true. That is all. :D

I am a fan of smaller waves in general. The new HP wave is killing. I feel it is more enjoyable instead of must get all just to have whole wave
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:27 pm

I really like waves of 4, it's just the right number for me to justify buying the entire wave at one time whether it is on sale or not. If the wave is larger I wait for a selling which could mean missing a few or I only buy my favorites from the wave.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:49 pm

I agree with everyone else about the smaller waves. I really prefer waves of around 4 figures (nice even number for a hot topic BOGO sale :)) The huge waves of Star Wars, Game of Thrones and Harry Potter have been killing me - especially when they all release around the same time. Smaller waves makes everything seem a little more manageable.
Hi, I'm Merri!

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:52 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Jezter wrote:My hope is that in 2017 we get smaller waves, maybe 4-5 Pops per wave, tops, and that 2-3 of each wave is a NEW, previously unreleased Doctor, just to complete the line. After them throw in 1-2 of the other characters, Martha, Donna, Amy, Rory, Clara, The Master, The Mistress and some creatures, and once the Doctors are all done, NOT including variants, than take a break from DW for awhile. Maybe give the show time to add new characters, a new doctor, new companion etc, and then maybe 2018 give us a fresh wave with all current characters. I know, everyone has a different opinion, and Funko, while they read these boards, sees the big picture more than most of us could, but as a huge fan, this is my dream. I've been fantasizing about a detolf full of Doctor Who Funko items....and hope to some day make it come true. That is all. :D

I am a fan of smaller waves in general. The new HP wave is killing. I feel it is more enjoyable instead of must get all just to have whole wave

Yeah, I'm a slow HP buyer myself, but I do want a bunch of them, however with DW I want them ALL, so smaller waves would help with that frustration, especially since I am not rich and can't go do massive purchases all at once like some people can. Not to mention the other lines like Marvel I still want at the same time, lol.

This Funko addiction is real..... :drunken:

Pops!- 716ish

vlady580

Postby vlady580 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:00 pm

Here's hoping for the rest of the Doctors for 2017. I love the companions but if I needed to sacrifice anything to have a complete line of the original Doctors 1-8 (not including 4 since that is already out) I'm fine with losing the companions. I have River Song that's all I needed other than Donna. Kinda wish Funko had spent more time on creating the other Doctors rather than so many variants of the same 9, 10, 11 & 12 :(
The Doctor: I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.

Fawny

Postby Fawny » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:56 pm

vlady580 wrote:Here's hoping for the rest of the Doctors for 2017. I love the companions but if I needed to sacrifice anything to have a complete line of the original Doctors 1-8 (not including 4 since that is already out) I'm fine with losing the companions. I have River Song that's all I needed other than Donna. Kinda wish Funko had spent more time on creating the other Doctors rather than so many variants of the same 9, 10, 11 & 12 :(

Agreed. Doctors 1-8 would be nice with variant b&w Doctors for 1 & 2. I'm hoping with The Power of the Daleks going on now on BBCAmerica that there might be a renewed interest in old Who and maybe, just maybe, Funko will make the ones we are really wanting.
Image Image
Courtesies: SPN Sig: ChinoX Team Badges: valorandvellum Team Tardis: hailmary25

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:46 pm

In the past month I have done my part, going from three Doctor Who pops to having them all, exclusives and variants, except for a GITD Adipose and Tenth Regeneration.

saul_damascus

Postby saul_damascus » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:13 am

Watching the 11th hour atm. Assuming the line continues and we get some really obscure characters. Prisoner Zero. Would you prefer the man with the dog on the leash he would have a mouth full of sharp teeth. Or the mom with the two little girls
[img]Check%20out%20@CareyJohnson919’s%20Tweet:%20https://twitter.com/CareyJohnson919/status/935495745569992707?s=09[/img]

Return to “Pop!”