HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
User avatar
cheekylyssa
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 3:17 am
Location: Sacratomato
Contact:

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby cheekylyssa » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:45 pm

It was so impossible to snag one at Con, but I’m relieved to know it will be a common release eventually. Hopefully we get another of the older Doctors, too!

User avatar
Chase Variant
Posts: 1625
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:24 am
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby Chase Variant » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:18 pm

cheekylyssa wrote:It was so impossible to snag one at Con, but I’m relieved to know it will be a common release eventually. Hopefully we get another of the older Doctors, too!


They should have given the BBC America booth a bit more. They hardly had any to sell. Oh well, I don’t need the sticker.

User avatar
Cephus
Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:36 pm

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby Cephus » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:37 pm

wolvie wrote:
Cephus wrote:
addict2films wrote:
THIS IS TEA. =D> =D>

let's not forget 12th Doctor is the spacesuit is worth $350+ but yeah doctor who pops don't sell. [-X [-X


One Pop out of the whole line is worth anything. That's not a reason to keep making more.


Well, Funko makes a lot of things that don't sell. That doesn't seem to be enough reason to stop making those lines.


Actually they do. Lots of things they have stopped making because they aren't profitable. Funko is a business, not a charity.

User avatar
Cephus
Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:36 pm

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby Cephus » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:38 pm

wolvie wrote:
Cephus wrote:
addict2films wrote:
THIS IS TEA. =D> =D>

let's not forget 12th Doctor is the spacesuit is worth $350+ but yeah doctor who pops don't sell. [-X [-X


One Pop out of the whole line is worth anything. That's not a reason to keep making more.


Well, Funko makes a lot of things that don't sell. That doesn't seem to be enough reason to stop making those lines.


Actually they do. Lots of things they have stopped making because they aren't profitable. Funko is a business, not a charity.

Infinity
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:06 pm
Location: France

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby Infinity » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:11 pm

Cephus wrote:
wolvie wrote:
Cephus wrote:
One Pop out of the whole line is worth anything. That's not a reason to keep making more.


Well, Funko makes a lot of things that don't sell. That doesn't seem to be enough reason to stop making those lines.


Actually they do. Lots of things they have stopped making because they aren't profitable. Funko is a business, not a charity.


We all agree that Funko doesn't do charity. But I wouldn't be so négative about DW not being bought. Indeed none of us has the number and I know people buy them in a lot of country where DW has a certain popularity like in the USA, the Uk of course, France etc. We can totally and we have to keep "fighting" for that licence cause we know Funko seems not to know the market. They could do so much more if they didn't do variants from the same Doctors over and over. The Con's exclusives sell very well and they are characters people asked for. So we know that licence has a chance if it's used well. Except Funko keeps on non understanding (the rumor says we're getting a Clara's memorial which is litteraly the last thing an occasional viewer is gonna buy..). So of course we have to be against that line being destroyed cause we know so much more could be proposed and that's the interest of making more DW while listening to the public: selling more. Being a business Funko should understand that stop making something is almost never the solution. It could make clients unhappy and they could loose people who might me collecting only DW and going to the Conventions only for them.If they are clever they should look at their bigrest DW sell and recreate the confition to at lleast try to get more money for a licence they already paid for. If they don't try the monney is just lost.
Sorry for my mistakes , I'm French :-)
I hope you will understand me ! ^^

User avatar
Cephus
Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:36 pm

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby Cephus » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:11 pm

Infinity wrote:
Cephus wrote:
wolvie wrote:
Well, Funko makes a lot of things that don't sell. That doesn't seem to be enough reason to stop making those lines.


Actually they do. Lots of things they have stopped making because they aren't profitable. Funko is a business, not a charity.


We all agree that Funko doesn't do charity. But I wouldn't be so négative about DW not being bought. Indeed none of us has the number and I know people buy them in a lot of country where DW has a certain popularity like in the USA, the Uk of course, France etc. We can totally and we have to keep "fighting" for that licence cause we know Funko seems not to know the market. They could do so much more if they didn't do variants from the same Doctors over and over. The Con's exclusives sell very well and they are characters people asked for. So we know that licence has a chance if it's used well. Except Funko keeps on non understanding (the rumor says we're getting a Clara's memorial which is litteraly the last thing an occasional viewer is gonna buy..). So of course we have to be against that line being destroyed cause we know so much more could be proposed and that's the interest of making more DW while listening to the public: selling more. Being a business Funko should understand that stop making something is almost never the solution. It could make clients unhappy and they could loose people who might me collecting only DW and going to the Conventions only for them.If they are clever they should look at their bigrest DW sell and recreate the confition to at lleast try to get more money for a licence they already paid for. If they don't try the monney is just lost.


No, we don't have any hard data, but the fact that Funko isn't putting out a lot of Pops (or any other merchandise) says quite a bit. If DW was doing well, and we know that it isn't doing well in the ratings at all, but keep your fingers crossed for the new series in the fall, but if it was selling, then you have to assume that Funko would be flooding the market like they do with everything else. We know that they haven't lost the license, therefore the only other explanation is bad sales. If DW was as popular as Marvel or Disney or Stranger Things or Game of Thrones, you'd have dozens and dozens of new Pops every year. That you don't means something. So once you acknowledge that these things don't sell well, you can ask yourself why they don't sell. A big part of it, whether people want to admit it or not, is that Steven Moffat drove the series into the ground. The last series had the worst ratings of any since the reboot. Moffat's incessant fanboyism drove a ton of long-term Dr. Who fans away from the property. Bad show = bad sales for merchandising. I think you'll find that ALL merchandising for the series is down. That doesn't mean it can't recover, but it all hinges on the success of the show, not on how many people on FF say they want more Pops. That's really the thing, people have to be realistic. Just because they want it doesn't mean they get it. Even Star Wars is suffering because of the failure of Solo. Funko has to think they're going to make enough profit to make all of the expense of tooling and mold production and shipping from overseas worth it. So they're making less figures, lower production runs and mostly, exclusives because that makes the most money for them. And this is all about money. It isn't about pop culture. It isn't about fandom. It's about money. Their employees don't work for free. Magical leprechauns don't make the Pops. Licensing DW from the BBC isn't cheap. nd if there isn't enough profit there, they're not going to do it. It would be insane for them to. Their shareholders would run them out of office on a rail. And honestly, if you've looked at Funko's stock in the last couple of days, it's not doing that well. People need a realistic view of the world. Demanding new Pops in a line that isn't selling is not realistic.

User avatar
Chase Variant
Posts: 1625
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:24 am
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby Chase Variant » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:21 pm

Infinity wrote:They could do so much more if they didn't do variants from the same Doctors over and over.


I’ll point out that Wave 2 that featured all-different characters was the one that reportedly didn’t do well. The third wave, which featured variants of 10,11, and 12, was supposed to determine whether they’d continue the line. Draw from that what you will.

The Con's exclusives sell very well and they are characters people asked for.


I can only speak for SDCC, but the Who Pops tend to be the slower sellers. I know I was able to buy the LE 1000 12th Doctor in Spacesuit late on a Saturday, long after many figures has sold out. I checked the booth this weekend and 13 was still available after most of the Pops had sold out. (Although they probably could have sold out faster if they had given more to the BBC America booth.) The other Who Exclusives tend to linger at Hot Topic months after their respective cons.

Except Funko keeps on non understanding (the rumor says we're getting a Clara's memorial which is litteraly the last thing an occasional viewer is gonna buy..).


So excited for this TARDIS variant.

The Doctor Who line is what made me a regular Pop collector, but I have no illusions about how well it does beyond Pops of 10 and 11.

User avatar
Jezter
Posts: 4486
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:53 am
Location: West Chester, PA

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby Jezter » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:50 pm

Only speaking for myself of course, but I personally feel if they did a wave or waves of the Doctors we don't have and waves of monsters/aliens on the detail level a lot of newer pops have, they would sell well. I imagine that most collectors want at least one of all of the Doctors and the average sci fi or horror fan would love more monsters and aliens to be on their walls.

I know there are various old and new companions and side kicks and side characters people love and would love in pop form, but I feel like waves of 4-5, heavy on the previous Doctors and aliens with maybe 1 companion would do well. Obviously there is no way to know for sure, I'm just wishful thinking here. :)
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 470
Dorbz: 32
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Pop Needs- Original Logan, Unmasked Wolverine, Nick Fury, 12th Doctor Space Suit, Twisty Freddy, Ghost Rider Freddy, any Phoenix Pop, Chase Green Goblin, Laser Gun Freddy
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

User avatar
Chase Variant
Posts: 1625
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:24 am
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby Chase Variant » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:22 pm

Jezter wrote:Only speaking for myself of course, but I personally feel if they did a wave or waves of the Doctors we don't have and waves of monsters/aliens on the detail level a lot of newer pops have, they would sell well. I imagine that most collectors want at least one of all of the Doctors and the average sci fi or horror fan would love more monsters and aliens to be on their walls.

I know there are various old and new companions and side kicks and side characters people love and would love in pop form, but I feel like waves of 4-5, heavy on the previous Doctors and aliens with maybe 1 companion would do well. Obviously there is no way to know for sure, I'm just wishful thinking here. :)


They definitely need to finish all the Doctors.

User avatar
Libertyroxx
Posts: 2018
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:09 pm
Location: The City of Angels

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby Libertyroxx » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:37 pm

Feeling lucky I got the 13th Doctor Pop at the Con. On PN my first destination was the BBC America booth. The line was filled with exhibitors and I was only able to get one because they happened to find a few more.
Brian; the Funatic formerly known as paxderomano

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Chase Variant
Posts: 1625
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:24 am
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby Chase Variant » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:38 pm

I noticed that the Fan Expo Canada Rock Candy Amy Pond uses the new Doctor Who Logo, and I realize that any new Pops will probably use that logo as well. All the previous Pops use the typeface from the 11th and 12th Doctors logos, and now my Doctor Who boxes won’t match and it’s freaking me out.

Am I weird? lol

User avatar
Kaljor
Posts: 1906
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:06 am
Location: Krypton

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby Kaljor » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:48 pm

Chase Variant wrote:I noticed that the Fan Expo Canada Rock Candy Amy Pond uses the new Doctor Who Logo, and I realize that any new Pops will probably use that logo as well. All the previous Pops use the typeface from the 11th and 12th Doctors logos, and now my Doctor Who boxes won’t match and it’s freaking me out.

Am I weird? lol


Yes, yes you are.
My Name is Ernie

Image

User avatar
wolvie
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:51 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby wolvie » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:13 pm

Chase Variant wrote:I noticed that the Fan Expo Canada Rock Candy Amy Pond uses the new Doctor Who Logo, and I realize that any new Pops will probably use that logo as well. All the previous Pops use the typeface from the 11th and 12th Doctors logos, and now my Doctor Who boxes won’t match and it’s freaking me out.

Am I weird? lol


No you're not. I already have to deal with Cable and Domino having horrible Deadpool logos on their boxes. Colossus and Negasonic have X-Men logos. Back of the boxes of the four all show the same four pops. Weird licensing thing I know, but I despise Deadpool anything. Then let's not get into why I now have some Dr. Seuss pops with "Dr. Seuss" logos and others with "Grinch".
Image
Pops 213Ridez 38Rides 5Dorbz 37Keychains 29GPK 24Minis 18Rock Candy 3Vynl 2 :)
Last Pop: Clara Tardis

User avatar
Chase Variant
Posts: 1625
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:24 am
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby Chase Variant » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:51 pm

Chase Variant wrote:I noticed that the Fan Expo Canada Rock Candy Amy Pond uses the new Doctor Who Logo, and I realize that any new Pops will probably use that logo as well. All the previous Pops use the typeface from the 11th and 12th Doctors logos, and now my Doctor Who boxes won’t match and it’s freaking me out.

Am I weird? lol


Kaljor wrote:Yes, yes you are.


wolvie wrote:No you're not.


We need a tie breaker!

User avatar
Jezter
Posts: 4486
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:53 am
Location: West Chester, PA

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby Jezter » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:01 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:I noticed that the Fan Expo Canada Rock Candy Amy Pond uses the new Doctor Who Logo, and I realize that any new Pops will probably use that logo as well. All the previous Pops use the typeface from the 11th and 12th Doctors logos, and now my Doctor Who boxes won’t match and it’s freaking me out.

Am I weird? lol


Kaljor wrote:Yes, yes you are.


wolvie wrote:No you're not.


We need a tie breaker!


Sorry but you....
Spoiler: show
ARE.

lol

Take them out of the boxes and you'd never know. :P
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 470
Dorbz: 32
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Pop Needs- Original Logan, Unmasked Wolverine, Nick Fury, 12th Doctor Space Suit, Twisty Freddy, Ghost Rider Freddy, any Phoenix Pop, Chase Green Goblin, Laser Gun Freddy
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

User avatar
Fawny
Posts: 1971
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:12 pm
Location: Tennessee via Indiana

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby Fawny » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:03 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:I noticed that the Fan Expo Canada Rock Candy Amy Pond uses the new Doctor Who Logo, and I realize that any new Pops will probably use that logo as well. All the previous Pops use the typeface from the 11th and 12th Doctors logos, and now my Doctor Who boxes won’t match and it’s freaking me out.

Am I weird? lol


Kaljor wrote:Yes, yes you are.


wolvie wrote:No you're not.


We need a tie breaker!


Yes you are weird because you keep them in the box. lol

Image
Image ImageImage

User avatar
akagalar
Posts: 1072
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:40 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby akagalar » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:12 pm

Chase Variant wrote:I noticed that the Fan Expo Canada Rock Candy Amy Pond uses the new Doctor Who Logo, and I realize that any new Pops will probably use that logo as well. All the previous Pops use the typeface from the 11th and 12th Doctors logos, and now my Doctor Who boxes won’t match and it’s freaking me out.

Am I weird? lol


Yes you are because it's nothing you can control. As long as they don't do chases/errors with the old logo, it should be fine. \:D/
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
saul_damascus
Posts: 2579
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:11 pm

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby saul_damascus » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:27 pm

akagalar wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:I noticed that the Fan Expo Canada Rock Candy Amy Pond uses the new Doctor Who Logo, and I realize that any new Pops will probably use that logo as well. All the previous Pops use the typeface from the 11th and 12th Doctors logos, and now my Doctor Who boxes won’t match and it’s freaking me out.

Am I weird? lol


Yes you are because it's nothing you can control. As long as they don't do chases/errors with the old logo, it should be fine. \:D/

I have the same problem with my harry potter and supernatural pops

User avatar
Chase Variant
Posts: 1625
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:24 am
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby Chase Variant » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:52 pm

Jezter wrote:Take them out of the boxes and you'd never know. :P


Fawny wrote:Yes you are weird because you keep them in the box. lol


My common Doctors and the TARDIS are actually out of the box, but now their empty boxes don’t match. lol

User avatar
hailmary25
Posts: 3549
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:46 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:24 am

saul_damascus wrote:
akagalar wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:I noticed that the Fan Expo Canada Rock Candy Amy Pond uses the new Doctor Who Logo, and I realize that any new Pops will probably use that logo as well. All the previous Pops use the typeface from the 11th and 12th Doctors logos, and now my Doctor Who boxes won’t match and it’s freaking me out.

Am I weird? lol


Yes you are because it's nothing you can control. As long as they don't do chases/errors with the old logo, it should be fine. \:D/

I have the same problem with my harry potter and supernatural pops


Yes the new white boxes bother me compared to the old colors
Image
Signed Pops:70
MM: 116
Pops :206
First Pop: Iron Man MArk 43
Most Recent: Pippin Took
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Posts: 3568
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:12 pm
Location: Kansas City, MO - More City, Less Kansas

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby Squird » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:39 am

Chase Variant wrote:
Jezter wrote:Only speaking for myself of course, but I personally feel if they did a wave or waves of the Doctors we don't have and waves of monsters/aliens on the detail level a lot of newer pops have, they would sell well. I imagine that most collectors want at least one of all of the Doctors and the average sci fi or horror fan would love more monsters and aliens to be on their walls.

I know there are various old and new companions and side kicks and side characters people love and would love in pop form, but I feel like waves of 4-5, heavy on the previous Doctors and aliens with maybe 1 companion would do well. Obviously there is no way to know for sure, I'm just wishful thinking here. :)


They definitely need to finish all the Doctors.


Yes, please.

Finish the Doctors. More monsters/aliens. I feel like the only companions that would sell well are from the current episodes and I wouldn't put a whole lot of money on them selling all that well. They're not the Doctor. I like how the First Doctor was an exclusive. I'm not crazy about dealing with flippers to buy an exclusive Doctor, but making them show exclusives, or BBC America exclusives, would at least make them available.
Funklub: 11181

Image

User avatar
drachenfells
Posts: 233
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:04 am
Location: Oxford

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby drachenfells » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:44 am

Chase Variant wrote:I noticed that the Fan Expo Canada Rock Candy Amy Pond uses the new Doctor Who Logo, and I realize that any new Pops will probably use that logo as well. All the previous Pops use the typeface from the 11th and 12th Doctors logos, and now my Doctor Who boxes won’t match and it’s freaking me out.

Am I weird? lol


Yes.


But in a good way :)

User avatar
hailmary25
Posts: 3549
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:46 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:44 am

I have said it before but I hate huge waves like HP, I liked the last full wave we got with DW it was like 4 pops I think. I will take what I can get. I hope they keep at least making con exclusives. I think if the 13th doctor does well and ratings are good then maybe towards the end of her season in 2019 we could see a new wave.
Image
Signed Pops:70
MM: 116
Pops :206
First Pop: Iron Man MArk 43
Most Recent: Pippin Took
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
PotterLiu
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 1:38 pm

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby PotterLiu » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:24 am

Chase Variant wrote:
cheekylyssa wrote:It was so impossible to snag one at Con, but I’m relieved to know it will be a common release eventually. Hopefully we get another of the older Doctors, too!


They should have given the BBC America booth a bit more. They hardly had any to sell. Oh well, I don’t need the sticker.


I struck out there too...

User avatar
akagalar
Posts: 1072
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:40 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby akagalar » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:28 pm

PotterLiu wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:
cheekylyssa wrote:It was so impossible to snag one at Con, but I’m relieved to know it will be a common release eventually. Hopefully we get another of the older Doctors, too!


They should have given the BBC America booth a bit more. They hardly had any to sell. Oh well, I don’t need the sticker.


I struck out there too...


I went to BBC on preview night and they had sold out within the first 15 minutes. Every other day they were sold out by the time anyone in my group could get in line.
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Chase Variant
Posts: 1625
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:24 am
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby Chase Variant » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:36 pm

I can’t believe the aftermarket prices on the 13th Doctor. Once the common comes out and with fake stickers floating around, her price is only going to go down.

User avatar
hailmary25
Posts: 3549
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:46 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:09 pm

Chase Variant wrote:I can’t believe the aftermarket prices on the 13th Doctor. Once the common comes out and with fake stickers floating around, her price is only going to go down.


I do think the price will come down but I dont think it will crash, but yes people need to weary with the stickers floating around.
Image
Signed Pops:70
MM: 116
Pops :206
First Pop: Iron Man MArk 43
Most Recent: Pippin Took
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
wolvie
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:51 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby wolvie » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:24 pm

Once the common is out, there is no point in buying the 1,300 version. Too much of a hassle and Funko should have just put something on the box cardboard to denote the 1,300.
Image
Pops 213Ridez 38Rides 5Dorbz 37Keychains 29GPK 24Minis 18Rock Candy 3Vynl 2 :)
Last Pop: Clara Tardis

scullysdad
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby scullysdad » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:33 pm

I tried so hard to get her at the show - I got in line at 11am on Wednesday, and 4am Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I was in line every day early enough to see her on the BBC America shelf... and then dematerialize before I got up there. It's not the end of the world (I have come to accept I will also never own 12 in spacesuit) but I'm not sure what else I could have done outside of start working for a booth and wandering over before the con opens.
Pops I want Funko to make:

Taylor Swift, Becky Lynch, Nardole from Doctor Who

User avatar
akagalar
Posts: 1072
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:40 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby akagalar » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:29 pm

scullysdad wrote:I tried so hard to get her at the show - I got in line at 11am on Wednesday, and 4am Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I was in line every day early enough to see her on the BBC America shelf... and then dematerialize before I got up there. It's not the end of the world (I have come to accept I will also never own 12 in spacesuit) but I'm not sure what else I could have done outside of start working for a booth and wandering over before the con opens.


I think because there was a limit of 2, ebay prices were high, and I believe exhibitors could buy, it would have been impossible for a normal attendee to get them at the bbc booth.
ImageImageImageImage

leosalion
Posts: 961
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:24 am
Location: Toronto

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby leosalion » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:40 pm

akagalar wrote:
scullysdad wrote:I tried so hard to get her at the show - I got in line at 11am on Wednesday, and 4am Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I was in line every day early enough to see her on the BBC America shelf... and then dematerialize before I got up there. It's not the end of the world (I have come to accept I will also never own 12 in spacesuit) but I'm not sure what else I could have done outside of start working for a booth and wandering over before the con opens.


I think because there was a limit of 2, ebay prices were high, and I believe exhibitors could buy, it would have been impossible for a normal attendee to get them at the bbc booth.


Never even got to see her on the shelf at BCC. I thought I got in early enough on preview night, but by the time I got to the booth and saw no line, I knew they were sold out and that my chances at getting her throughout the weekend was next to impossible. Wasn't worth the effort for a first to market piece.

User avatar
Jezter
Posts: 4486
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:53 am
Location: West Chester, PA

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby Jezter » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:31 pm

I apologize if I missed it, but is there word on when the 13 pop will be in stores?
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 470
Dorbz: 32
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Pop Needs- Original Logan, Unmasked Wolverine, Nick Fury, 12th Doctor Space Suit, Twisty Freddy, Ghost Rider Freddy, any Phoenix Pop, Chase Green Goblin, Laser Gun Freddy
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

User avatar
saul_damascus
Posts: 2579
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:11 pm

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby saul_damascus » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:02 pm

So I went to evil bay and got one for 80. He started at 98 and I started at 60. He went to 89 and I went to 75. We settled on 80. Enjoy your 65 dollar mark up minus shipping jerk face.

User avatar
wolvie
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:51 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby wolvie » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:58 pm

saul_damascus wrote:So I went to evil bay and got one for 80. He started at 98 and I started at 60. He went to 89 and I went to 75. We settled on 80. Enjoy your 65 dollar mark up minus shipping jerk face.
I've been trying to get one around that price. Personally, I feel that it is worth $65 to have someone deal with the mess that is the sdcc convention center. I went to 3 sdcc's earlier in this decade and never want to go back.
Image
Pops 213Ridez 38Rides 5Dorbz 37Keychains 29GPK 24Minis 18Rock Candy 3Vynl 2 :)
Last Pop: Clara Tardis

User avatar
hailmary25
Posts: 3549
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:46 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby hailmary25 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:10 am

saul_damascus wrote:So I went to evil bay and got one for 80. He started at 98 and I started at 60. He went to 89 and I went to 75. We settled on 80. Enjoy your 65 dollar mark up minus shipping jerk face.


There is a lot worse prices if u check the sold listing
Image
Signed Pops:70
MM: 116
Pops :206
First Pop: Iron Man MArk 43
Most Recent: Pippin Took
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
saul_damascus
Posts: 2579
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:11 pm

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby saul_damascus » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:01 pm

Oh I'm sure there are.

User avatar
PotterLiu
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 1:38 pm

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby PotterLiu » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:44 am

leosalion wrote:
akagalar wrote:
scullysdad wrote:I tried so hard to get her at the show - I got in line at 11am on Wednesday, and 4am Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I was in line every day early enough to see her on the BBC America shelf... and then dematerialize before I got up there. It's not the end of the world (I have come to accept I will also never own 12 in spacesuit) but I'm not sure what else I could have done outside of start working for a booth and wandering over before the con opens.


I think because there was a limit of 2, ebay prices were high, and I believe exhibitors could buy, it would have been impossible for a normal attendee to get them at the bbc booth.


Never even got to see her on the shelf at BCC. I thought I got in early enough on preview night, but by the time I got to the booth and saw no line, I knew they were sold out and that my chances at getting her throughout the weekend was next to impossible. Wasn't worth the effort for a first to market piece.


Same here. But I did get a rad hoodie!

User avatar
Jezter
Posts: 4486
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:53 am
Location: West Chester, PA

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby Jezter » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:52 am

Jezter wrote:I apologize if I missed it, but is there word on when the 13 pop will be in stores?


I guess not. lol
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 470
Dorbz: 32
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Pop Needs- Original Logan, Unmasked Wolverine, Nick Fury, 12th Doctor Space Suit, Twisty Freddy, Ghost Rider Freddy, any Phoenix Pop, Chase Green Goblin, Laser Gun Freddy
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

User avatar
HarryG5O
Posts: 458
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 11:36 am

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby HarryG5O » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:54 am

Jezter wrote:
Jezter wrote:I apologize if I missed it, but is there word on when the 13 pop will be in stores?


I guess not. lol


Think it's sometime in Autumn. Haven't a clue tbh tho lol
You like my Savitar Avitar?!

Pop Count: Total: 133
Marvel: 71
DC: 21
Star Wars: 27
Doctor Who: 10
Harry Potter: 3
Minecraft: 1

1st Pop: The Flash (TV)
100th Pop: Ron Weasley
Latest Pop: Mark 1 Ironman (SDCC)
Favourite Pop: General Greivous

My collection: https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/mem ... P8OEP3ZBE/

Image

addict2films
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:16 pm

Re: HOW DO WE SAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LINE?

Postby addict2films » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:57 am

Jezter wrote:
Jezter wrote:I apologize if I missed it, but is there word on when the 13 pop will be in stores?


I guess not. lol



Some leaks showed that it was supposed to be released in the end of august 8/31 on some Gamestop pre-order list along with Missy and Clara memorial TARDIS in May. But it looks like clara memorial tardis may have been cancelled since the latest pre-order list and that it's only 13 and missy. But there hasn't been any updated news since (I believe I saw this in June-ish)... maybe Funko is adding a few more to the wave? or perhaps Missy has become a nycc exclusive instead.

idk.

I wish Funko would update us on Doctor Who.


Return to “Pop!”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ace+ 76, FredKruger, Jezter, Wrudart