Rogue One Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
pop_jumper

Re: Rogue One Pops

Postby pop_jumper » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:25 am

racheva wrote:
synergy56 wrote:Scarif troopers. Anyone have an explanation or reason why the would have their own kind of trooper? And there were a mix of Scarif and regular Stormteoopers in their garrison? Just a reason to make more toys? Don't get me wrong, it worked. I collect the Troopers so I have both and they look cool. Just wondering if anyone has come up with an actual reason for them.

I guess they're actually considered "shoretroopers" for tropical environments. I guess they have regular stormtroopers maybe for inside the base and ones that are part of the crew of a ship stopping over versus the shoretroopers that patrol outside? I mean, this is all a guess. In reality, I think it's just fun to have different designs for different climates.

Let's face it, we all know it's to sell more toys lol
HOWEVER!
"Shoretrooper" was the first name I saw mentioned for the troops on scarif, so if I had to guess myself, I'd agree that the vanilla troopers were for inside the base/deployment/security while the Shoretroopers got outside duties.
Name's Aaron.
Electronics.

TARGET

POP! : 460
First: Ash (Army of Darkness)
Latest: Violet (CHASE)
Fav POP! : Jay Garrick (signed by Teddy Sears!)/Flocked Crash Bandicoot
GRAIL(S): Qui-Gon Jinn (NYCC 2016)

Mystery Minis: ??

Follow @beachcitiesflash on Instagram!

We got no food, we got no jobs, OUR POPS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:43 pm

pop_jumper wrote:Let's face it, we all know it's to sell more toys lol
HOWEVER!
"Shoretrooper" was the first name I saw mentioned for the troops on scarif, so if I had to guess myself, I'd agree that the vanilla troopers were for inside the base/deployment/security while the Shoretroopers got outside duties.

That's exactly right, Shoretroopers were assigned to the protect and patrol the beaches and outlying areas, hence the sand colored armor.

The only reason they differ from the famed 'Sandtrooper' is their helmets and armor were designed to be semi aquatic and to deal with the environment on Scarif :D #NERD
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY! INSTAGRAM: @TOYSSANDSTUFF
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:27 pm

Torn about Saw. I want one of him but I would pefer one with hair. I really dislike that repurposed Deadshot head.

Decisions...decisions...
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:08 pm

PopGoestheJess wrote:Torn about Saw. I want one of him but I would pefer one with hair. I really dislike that repurposed Deadshot head.

Decisions...decisions...

I already bought him because I'm a Forest Whitaker fan but after seeing the movie I realized that he really should have hair. If I hadn't already bought him beforehand I might not have once I noticed that. lol lol lol
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:16 pm

PopGoestheJess wrote:Torn about Saw. I want one of him but I would pefer one with hair. I really dislike that repurposed Deadshot head.

Decisions...decisions...

I wonder if that was a change made during production or something? Like maybe it was something Funko got information for and then it was changed afterwards and they just kept trucking with it.

Either way, I don't even think I noticed lol He's still a great looking Pop!

racheva

Postby racheva » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:58 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:

Decisions...decisions...

I wonder if that was a change made during production or something? Like maybe it was something Funko got information for and then it was changed afterwards and they just kept trucking with it.

Either way, I don't even think I noticed lol He's still a great looking Pop!

It is kind of annoying that the pop is off from the character, but on the other hand, they did such a great job with Chirrut. Making his eyes blue was such a great choice.
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

odnar

Postby odnar » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:11 pm

I've only seen the movie twice and I'm not really one for recalling details normally but I thought I remembered Saw being bald in the flashbacks...I found this link to an image of Saw bald but I honestly don't clearly recall if this was in the movie. Mebbe Saw with hair in the next release of R1 Pops? :-k

http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/wp-conte ... errera.jpg

racheva

Postby racheva » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:22 pm

odnar wrote:I've only seen the movie twice and I'm not really one for recalling details normally but I thought I remembered Saw being bald in the flashbacks...I found this link to an image of Saw bald but I honestly don't clearly recall if this was in the movie. Mebbe Saw with hair in the next release of R1 Pops? :-k

http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/wp-conte ... errera.jpg

That's a good call. I bet Funko got pics of him from the flashbacks and use those. Or they saw concept art where he was bald? I'm sure it'll be a good excuse to make an exclusive Saw with hair ;)
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

atreyu2112

Postby atreyu2112 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:43 pm

Saw was bald in a few scenes. In the prologue when he comes for Jyn most notably. I'm wondering if there is going to be a 2nd Rogue One wave? ... with old Saw, Galen Erso, Bodhi Rook, Pao, Two Tubes and a updated version of the Stormtrooper (with a revised helmet and pose ala Vader).

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:18 pm

I'm not sure if Saw had the cybernetic legs and breathing tube in those scenes with Jyn as a child. I think we only saw his face. He's supposed to appear in the next episode of Rebels, so we'll see if it makes sense for the bald head to go with that body.

racheva

Postby racheva » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:56 pm

atreyu2112 wrote:Saw was bald in a few scenes. In the prologue when he comes for Jyn most notably. I'm wondering if there is going to be a 2nd Rogue One wave? ... with old Saw, Galen Erso, Bodhi Rook, Pao, Two Tubes and a updated version of the Stormtrooper (with a revised helmet and pose ala Vader).

I cannot wait to own a Galen! I am sure there will be at least one of them. And Two Tubes will be an awesome mold.

I kinda wonder if they're gonna do another Tarkin or if Rogue One is why they finally decided to make him for SB.

pop_jumper

Postby pop_jumper » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:33 pm

In response to Saw, the version of him with TWO cybernetic (not just one) and the grey hair was something that was a result of the reshoots.
If you watch the first trailer, the scene with Saw and Jyn on Jedha, Saw is bald. Then in the film, he wasn't.

Hopefully we get another pop of Saw that's aged. I'd like that.
And more Madds Mickelson! Gimme a Galen pop!

And ya know. A battle damaged K2 with a blaster.
Name's Aaron.
Electronics.

TARGET

POP! : 460
First: Ash (Army of Darkness)
Latest: Violet (CHASE)
Fav POP! : Jay Garrick (signed by Teddy Sears!)/Flocked Crash Bandicoot
GRAIL(S): Qui-Gon Jinn (NYCC 2016)

Mystery Minis: ??

Follow @beachcitiesflash on Instagram!

We got no food, we got no jobs, OUR POPS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:26 pm

I like the idea of a battle damaged K2
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

Geolix450

Postby Geolix450 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:47 pm

So many wants! Really want Pao with his giant mouth. The Lego minifigure looks hilarious. Bodhi is a must. As is Galen. Really like the ideas of an older Saw with hair and a revisited stormtrooper. I'd buy a full set immediately if it was topped off with Bail Organa and a battle-damaged K-2 with blaster.
Follow my Instagram @Dr_Anrak

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:06 pm

KMFH11 wrote:I like the idea of a battle damaged K2

I'd like that or an action pose with him shooting.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:49 pm

Hoping for a second wave. Not that it matters, but there is a second wave of Rogue One Black Series figures coming so why not a 2nd Pop wave?! Plus I just really want more figures. Maybe an X or Y Wing Pilot? (who am I kidding, I want them to make Garven Dreis, Dutch, and Antoc Merrick). The fact that aside from Luke there is only the sacredly rare Biggs needs to be rectified!
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:33 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
KMFH11 wrote:I like the idea of a battle damaged K2

I'd like that or an action pose with him shooting.

Yes! I hope we get both!!
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

Classier

Postby Classier » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:07 pm

Here's concept art from the Funko Twitter:

Return to “Pop!”