Robot Freddy

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Leftcoast

Robot Freddy

Postby Leftcoast » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:20 pm

How many of you were lucky enough to grab him before he disappeared forever.

I can't believe I missed out on him hard to multitask at work. So if anyone happen to get an extra one though family let me know would like to have that one in my collection! :freddy2:
ImageImageImage
Leftcoast also known as Robert
ISO:Spastik Plastic T-Bones :colors:

Popsaysyee

Re: Robot Freddy

Postby Popsaysyee » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:25 pm

Not me......I was ready even before the email came out and was refreshing page and it "sold out" instantly before it even popped up on the page. Sucks because my buddy got one an hour after it going live and I been trying to get it in my cart since the email but it kept saying sold out or it wouldn't pop out. What sucks even more is about a quarter of people who got one are just there to resell. I was actually gonna keep mine </3
Jayson

ImageImageImage

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:27 pm

Yea I missed too :'(
Image Image

"We come to this place for magic. We come to funkofunatic.com to laugh, to cry, to care. Because we need that, all of us."

Board name origin - I was an emo singer and guitarist; I'm not trying to sound mean lol

NESSNODDER
Hall of Fame Class of 2005
Hall of Fame Class of 2005

Postby NESSNODDER » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:29 pm

HE WAS STILL UP WHEN I TRIED TO ORDER BUT WHEN I TRIED TO PAY FOR HIM IT KEPT SAYING SOLD OUT. I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS.

IF ANYONE BY CHANCE HAS AN EXTRA PLEASE MESSAGE ME. I WALKED TO THE LIBRARY TO ORDER THIS GUY. I'M STILL HERE WEEPING. LOL!
COTM DECEMBER 2010

I'M BLOODY CRAZY ABOUT DOCTOR WHO!

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:33 pm

From what I've seen on other boards, he showed up in the Shop, but not on the collectibles page until after he was basically sold out.
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

cerealkiller

Postby cerealkiller » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:37 pm

NESSNODDER wrote:HE WAS STILL UP WHEN I TRIED TO ORDER BUT WHEN I TRIED TO PAY FOR HIM IT KEPT SAYING SOLD OUT. I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS.

IF ANYONE BY CHANCE HAS AN EXTRA PLEASE MESSAGE ME. I WALKED TO THE LIBRARY TO ORDER THIS GUY. I'M STILL HERE WEEPING. LOL!

Yeah...cancelled some stuff on my end too to sit an wait and got nada...0.0.Good luck! Was thinking they will be making other versions due to the super impressive retro sculpt. here's too hoping and good luck! I could use one too. I had two computers and a phone going constant and nothing lol.

Lost

Postby Lost » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:42 pm

I managed to get one, was refreshing since like 9:45, after the email, I still couldn't find it on the website after multiple refreshes, but saw a link to it luckily, I guess they had it filtered under "restricted", so it wasn't showing up unless you filtered it to that.

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:01 pm

Leftcoast wrote:How many of you were lucky enough to grab him before he disappeared forever.

LOTS of unhappy people over this one. So I really don't want to say. But inside I'm...

lol
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Koppper

Postby Koppper » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:05 pm

If anyone got a second I would be so happy to get it from you. Really wanted this one!

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:09 pm

I started refreshing the funko collectibles page at 10:00 a.m. and the minute it showed up I clicked on it and went to check out and instantly said sold out. Now I'm seeing them $40-50 and even $$100 on Ebay. How can they sell out that quick? I have very fast fios and was trying for just 1. Oh well I guess it was not meant to be. Might have to pick one up on Ebay as this one looks cool. And I'm in IT school so when I start talking computers my wife and daughter say I'm like a robot because they don't understand what I'm talking about. Now I just need to learn how to build a bot :freddy3:

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:14 pm

gospeedracer wrote:I started refreshing the funko collectibles page at 10:00 a.m. and the minute it showed up I clicked on it and went to check out and instantly said sold out. Now I'm seeing them $40-50 and even $$100 on Ebay. How can they sell out that quick? I have very fast fios and was trying for just 1. Oh well I guess it was not meant to be. Might have to pick one up on Ebay as this one looks cool. And I'm in IT school so when I start talking computers my wife and daughter say I'm like a robot because they don't understand what I'm talking about. Now I just need to learn how to build a bot :freddy3:

When it went live it wasn't on the collectibles page. The page said there were 20 items, but the icon for the robot was not there. What you had to do was use the search bar and type in Freddy or Robot and then you could find him. By the time Funko fixed the issue he was almost sold out so not that many people were able to get him unless they used the search bar.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:16 pm

He's off the site now. I would like to have had one. Like a few others have said, if you scored an extra, hit me up.
Funklub: 11181

The Head

Postby The Head » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:23 pm

Asking prices for these are ridiculous. I am always too busy at work to even watch for the items. If I happen to be on my phone when the email comes is the only way I can snag this stuff. I was able to get the astronaut with the ray gun last time, but that's about it. Hoping prices come down as this one is pretty cool.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:29 pm

Missed out on this one, I'll have to wait for him to become common.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:31 pm

I had similar issues where I was refreshing the page waiting for it to show up as I really wanted this one. By the time it showed up it was sold out. Bummed I missed it, but congrats to those who got one.
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

VaultToysTX

Postby VaultToysTX » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:32 pm

I was lucky to only get one. Seems this was the fastest Freddy to sell out on the shop today.
ImageImage Image Image

ISO Fallout PROTOS Piper and dorbz.

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:34 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
gospeedracer wrote:I started refreshing the funko collectibles page at 10:00 a.m. and the minute it showed up I clicked on it and went to check out and instantly said sold out. Now I'm seeing them $40-50 and even $$100 on Ebay. How can they sell out that quick? I have very fast fios and was trying for just 1. Oh well I guess it was not meant to be. Might have to pick one up on Ebay as this one looks cool. And I'm in IT school so when I start talking computers my wife and daughter say I'm like a robot because they don't understand what I'm talking about. Now I just need to learn how to build a bot :freddy3:

When it went live it wasn't on the collectibles page. The page said there were 20 items, but the icon for the robot was not there. What you had to do was use the search bar and type in Freddy or Robot and then you could find him. By the time Funko fixed the issue he was almost sold out so not that many people were able to get him unless they used the search bar.

Got Ya! I say do over cancel everyone's and start over (JUST KIDDING) it is what it is. I will wait for the hype and price to come down a little than trade/buy one. Congrats to all that did get one :freddy2:

wardengorri

Postby wardengorri » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:40 pm

treswright wrote:
Leftcoast wrote:How many of you were lucky enough to grab him before he disappeared forever.

LOTS of unhappy people over this one. So I really don't want to say. But inside I'm...

lol

This is absolutely perfect, it's such an exhilarating feeling finally getting a funko shop exclusive! :freddy2: \:D/ :bounce: :compress: :D :cheers:
Hey guys, i'm Drew!

funkolife

Postby funkolife » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:41 pm

I was able to get one. It didn't show up till about 10 minutes after the email went out. Right after I ordered and went back to the site the listing was gone for a few minutes and went back up.

Leftcoast

Postby Leftcoast » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:55 pm

treswright wrote:

lol

I can see by all the comments a lot missed him.

I guess since your dancing snoopy I'm just Woodstock just behind you.
ImageImageImage

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:01 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:When it went live it wasn't on the collectibles page. The page said there were 20 items, but the icon for the robot was not there. What you had to do was use the search bar and type in Freddy or Robot and then you could find him. By the time Funko fixed the issue he was almost sold out so not that many people were able to get him unless they used the search bar.

Brett, I think it was you that said last time to refresh the home page and watch the item count wasn't it? I owe you a big "thank you" because that is exactly how I discovered that it went live. I had Collectibles page 1 and page 2 open, plus the home page and was refreshing all three. I saw the count go from 19 to 20 so quickly refreshed page 1, nothing. Over to page 2 and F5, nothing. WHAT? Back to the home page and F5, still showing 20 items. Hit page 1 and 2 again and still nothing. Tried a 3rd time, maybe 4th. So at that point I type "Freddy" into the search window and there it was midway down the results. Of course this only works if you know they're posting a Freddy, because without the previous day's leak I wouldn't have known if they were posting a Freddy, or even a Pop of any sort or Hikari or what!

wardengorri wrote:This is absolutely perfect, it's such an exhilarating feeling finally getting a funko shop exclusive! :freddy2: \:D/ :bounce: :compress: :D :cheers:

Given the number of disappointed people I think it would be inappropriate for us to celebrate [puts hand behind back for secret palm slap] lol
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:03 pm

Slept through it. Woke up too early thanks to a VERY bitter old friend, fell back asleep, missed Freddy. Such is life.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

NEGATRON

Postby NEGATRON » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:09 pm

I was one of the lucky few. I'm just glad I zipped over to this forum to find out about the search-bar technique.

I'm Jeff Collecting since 2011 Pop Count: 1000+
Star Wars - Game of Thrones - Walking Dead - Horror - SciFi - Marvel - DC
Instagram: @negatroncustoms

Leftcoast

Postby Leftcoast » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:15 pm

The Head wrote:Asking prices for these are ridiculous. I am always too busy at work to even watch for the items. If I happen to be on my phone when the email comes is the only way I can snag this stuff. I was able to get the astronaut with the ray gun last time, but that's about it. Hoping prices come down as this one is pretty cool.

Same here I was able to snag ray gun but this was insane probably limited to 2000. I doubt prices will come down. I'll probably wait a few weeks and then just bite the bullet on it
ImageImageImage

Briechen_26

Postby Briechen_26 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:23 pm

I don't know how but I managed to snag one but I did. I It sucks to see all the people that just wanted him for their collection and didn't get one and then to see people immediately selling theirs for so high.
Pop Count: ~280
Most Wanted Pop: Belle yellow dress
Favorite Pop: Ygritte GoT
1st Pop: Brienne of Tarth

nyel24

Postby nyel24 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:29 pm

missed out on this. congrats to those who got him

cghantous88

Postby cghantous88 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:31 pm

I was able to get through with ease. It wasn't showing on the site so I searched "robot freddy" and it pulled up. I like this one a lot..probably my favorite thus far.

booboo79
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby booboo79 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:37 pm

Congrats everyone! He's a beauty so enjoy!
Hi, I'm Charlie!
Instagram: @CharlieRestreps

Image Image Image Image Image

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:53 pm

I was able to snag one. I don't search nor did I have a direct link. I was refreshing. He popped up, I added him to my cart and after a best checked out.

A fellow Funatic loves him more than I do so once he arrives I will be sending him off to his new home.

I'm not always fortunate enough to grab the funko ship item and it's unfortunate but life goes on. I hope everyone who wants him is able to get one eventually.

Lara

Looking for Care Bear Protos

alex_dewitt

Postby alex_dewitt » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:22 pm

Today was super weird. I was lucky enough to get one, I feel everyone who didn't get one. It was just very very weird today, that's all I can say and that it seemed to have sold out before it even went live. The pop itself is amazing of course, maybe one of the best Funko has ever made.

Leftcoast

Postby Leftcoast » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:38 pm

Kitzka wrote:I was able to snag one. I don't search nor did I have a direct link. I was refreshing. He popped up, I added him to my cart and after a best checked out.

A fellow Funatic loves him more than I do so once he arrives I will be sending him off to his new home.

I'm not always fortunate enough to grab the funko ship item and it's unfortunate but life goes on. I hope everyone who wants him is able to get one eventually.

Lara

That's awesome looking out for fellow funatics my hat goes off to you Lara :freddy3:
ImageImageImage

RoboFist

Postby RoboFist » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:44 pm

I was REALLY looking forward to this guy (as everyone's been saying, he's probably the coolest looking Freddy ever created), but I'm also weirdly happy with how impossibility fast he sold out. I'm trying to cut back on how many Pops I buy due to the fact that I am laughably broke more often than not these days. If I AM going to buy Pops, I need to get back to only buying the ones based on characters and properties I'm already extremely passionate about. Call it blasphemy, but as cool as Robo-Freddy looked, I'm not extremely passionate about Freddy Funko haha.

(That is until they release another "retro space themed" Freddy, in which case I'll need him simply to go with my other two. Or a Pop Ride Rocketship! Only please wait until I've got the cash for it please...)
Latest: "BAHNEY, MY PEBBLES!"
300th: Audrey II
200th: Rapunzel (Dancing)
100th: Hoverboard Marty McFly
1st: V for Vendetta
Funatic Since 2012

anm00727

Postby anm00727 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:08 pm

I managed to grab two (one for me and one for my gf!) Though I feel I could have gotten a third lol!

I only found it because someone told me to checkhart the restricted filter, at the point it sold out in about 3 minutes.

It didn't properly go into the collectibles section until it was out of stock.
IG: funko.max
Started collecting: Jan 01, 2016
POP!s: 350

Fundays: 2018

ISO:
- Pops: Freddy Boba Fett [LE24], Freddy Clone Trooper [LE12]
- Minis: Lurtz, Eowen, Witch King, Nazgul, Gimli
- Wobblers: LOTR/Hobbit

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:12 pm

I'm still pretty bummed I missed this one. I kept trying but it was gone. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Next time.
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:13 pm

Hubby and I both tried and missed him. Congratulations to.all those who were lucky .
If anyone has an extra or wants to sell theirs let me know. My hubby is a robot fanatic.
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

mithril_von_fuzz

Postby mithril_von_fuzz » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:21 pm

Got one thanks to a great friend! Now I'm watching people who didn't get one go nuts...
I'm Rani (pronounced Ron-nie). It's Indian yo

ISO Holy Grail Friends Wave 2 Protos!

Also LF

Freddy Buzz Proto
Conan Protos
Simpsons Wave 2 Protos

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:28 pm

I thought he looked pretty awesome and I was refreshing the page quite often, I also saw that it had switched to 20 items in collectibles and couldn't find him until I went to search and put in Robot but by then it was too late :(
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

mindblowin02

Postby mindblowin02 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:35 pm

I missed him. I thought I had him twice. First time, I got through to check out after it said there were 3 available, but didn't process.

Then I refreshed, it said there was 5 available, and then the same thing.

:(

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:36 pm

NESSNODDER wrote:HE WAS STILL UP WHEN I TRIED TO ORDER BUT WHEN I TRIED TO PAY FOR HIM IT KEPT SAYING SOLD OUT. I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS.

Same here I tried for 20 minutes from the time I got the email. I think the funko shop screwed up this time.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:40 pm

I was lucky too. Was in a meeting when it went live and when I got out everything was sold out once you were checking out, but I kept trying and it finally went through when it said there was only 3 left! Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket today.
Hi, I'm Merri!

Return to “Pop!”