Robot Freddy

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
gospeedracer

Re: Robot Freddy

Postby gospeedracer » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:08 am

alex_dewitt wrote:
meangene wrote:
alex_dewitt wrote:Those colour variants were all customised by someone from a Facebook group I'm in who is also a member on here. I'm almost 100% sure we'll see at least two more Robot Freddy variants. This piece is so popular and there's so much that can be done with it. Even if I got one of the LE2000 I hope the next ones are unlimited 1) because of the insane prices people ask for and 2) so that everyone can have a Robot Freddy.

I made two colour variants I'd love to see myself

Spoiler: show

These are customs created in Photoshop btw, they are NOT real upcoming variants of the pop!

Those photoshopped ones look amazing. I hope we get some more variants. Maybe some for fright night?

You mean like... Pumpkin Head Robot Freddy? Why not lol

Now that would be pretty cool

BennyV07

Postby BennyV07 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:02 pm

I cant wait till mine arrives!!

popninja

Postby popninja » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:54 pm

I wonder what they'll have tomorrow?

The POP Lady
Hall of Fame Class of 2021

Postby The POP Lady » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:31 pm

sadly I MISSED HIM....BUT I remain HOPEFUL the Funko gods or Santa over look me being a bad girl and I get one ;-) GOTTA HAVE HOPE!!!!
2010 First POP!
2014 OLD Funko HQ Tour
2015 Toy Fair
2015 FDO NY
2015 #PopTwinsTuesday is BORN!
2015 NYCC
2016 Toy Fair
2016 Funatic of the Week
2016 NYCC
2017 Toy Fair
2017 FDO MD
2017 FDO NY
2017 NYCC
2017 Buys FUNKO Stock
2018 Making Fun Hollywood MOVIE Premiere
2018 Toy Fair
2018 FDO NY
2018 SDCC
2018 FIRST FUNKO FUNDAYS
2018 NYCC
2019 Toy Fair
2020 Toy Fair
2020 FUNTv Spotlight
2020 Funatic of the Month
2021 FUNKO HALL OF FAME :freddy2:

The POP Lady

Postby The POP Lady » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:35 pm

CAHRULL wrote:
alex_dewitt wrote:You mean like... Pumpkin Head Robot Freddy? Why not lol

I am sooooo into this. Nice mockup!

This WOULD BE FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! or should I say...Funtastic!!!
2010 First POP!
2014 OLD Funko HQ Tour
2015 Toy Fair
2015 FDO NY
2015 #PopTwinsTuesday is BORN!
2015 NYCC
2016 Toy Fair
2016 Funatic of the Week
2016 NYCC
2017 Toy Fair
2017 FDO MD
2017 FDO NY
2017 NYCC
2017 Buys FUNKO Stock
2018 Making Fun Hollywood MOVIE Premiere
2018 Toy Fair
2018 FDO NY
2018 SDCC
2018 FIRST FUNKO FUNDAYS
2018 NYCC
2019 Toy Fair
2020 Toy Fair
2020 FUNTv Spotlight
2020 Funatic of the Month
2021 FUNKO HALL OF FAME :freddy2:

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:02 am

popninja wrote:I wonder what they'll have tomorrow?

Was looking around last night at different groups because last week I heard Robot Freddy was leaked. But I couldn't find anything so I guess we will just have to wait :freddy3:

zwahelian

Postby zwahelian » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:23 pm

A Captain America Hikari for $80, limited to 650 pieces. Think I'll pass on this one.
IG: funkh0e
Started collecting: July 2016 | Pop! Star Wars: 83 | Pop! Marvel: TBA | Pop! Heroes: 45 | Pop! Rides: 3 | Total Pop!s: 1,000+

Grail: NYCC Qui Gon Jinn, Indy's Ride, Holo Qui Gon, Flocked Wicket

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:26 pm

zwahelian wrote:A Captain America Hikari for $80, limited to 650 pieces. Think I'll pass on this one.

I'm with you with the pass! Oh well 2 weeks in a row can't buy something from the shop. Maybe I will stop at HT today and spend some $$ :freddy3:

Lost

Postby Lost » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:09 pm

was excited to get mine.... the pop box is dirty and has dent/crease in back, which is disappointing, does anyone know what funko-shop does in situations such as this? if anything?

Lawliet

Postby Lawliet » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:10 pm

From what I read they dont really do much in terms of box replacement with numbered releases

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:43 pm

gospeedracer wrote:
zwahelian wrote:A Captain America Hikari for $80, limited to 650 pieces. Think I'll pass on this one.

I'm with you with the pass! Oh well 2 weeks in a row can't buy something from the shop. Maybe I will stop at HT today and spend some $$ :freddy3:

I think it's Hot Cash time too!
:mir1:
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

r2d2

Postby r2d2 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:00 am

Lost wrote:was excited to get mine.... the pop box is dirty and has dent/crease in back, which is disappointing, does anyone know what funko-shop does in situations such as this? if anything?

I got two replacement boxes from Funko-Shop for two damaged Freddy's. But only after I sent detailed pictures of the boxes and they did it reluctantly, emphasizing they figures are meant to be taken out of their boxes.

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:26 am

r2d2 wrote:
Lost wrote:was excited to get mine.... the pop box is dirty and has dent/crease in back, which is disappointing, does anyone know what funko-shop does in situations such as this? if anything?

I got two replacement boxes from Funko-Shop for two damaged Freddy's. But only after I sent detailed pictures of the boxes and they did it reluctantly, emphasizing they figures are meant to be taken out of their boxes.

Congrats on the replacement boxes. I'm surprised they sent them, given these were very LE items. You must have been very convincing on the phone.
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

philipali

Postby philipali » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:41 am

wow! they give replacement boxes now for LE items?
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Lost

Postby Lost » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:14 am

philipali wrote:wow! they give replacement boxes now for LE items?

as far as I can tell, the box is the same as the other non LE Freddy's, other than the sticker. you would think they have an endless supply of that box. i am just surprised in general that they send damage boxes, i mean they are funko.. and they have high shipping prices and people generally seem to say theirs arrive mint.

edit* just noticed the number is different. so would suck if that means I'm stuck with damaged box.
Last edited by Lost on Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:18 am

r2d2 wrote:

I find it funny how they have told me the same thing, they are meant to be taken out of the box. But yet, they sell hard plastic protectors.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Popsaysyee

Postby Popsaysyee » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Lost wrote:as far as I can tell, the box is the same as the other non LE Freddy's, other than the sticker. you would think they have an endless supply of that box. i am just surprised in general that they send damage boxes, i mean they are funko.. and they have high shipping prices and people generally seem to say theirs arrive mint.

edit* just noticed the number is different. so would suck if that means I'm stuck with damaged box.

Sucks you got a damaged box. But someone out there would love to have a Robot Freddy, like ME!! Haha if it bothers you that much to have a damaged box, I'll take it off your hands 8-[
Jayson

ImageImageImage

r2d2

Postby r2d2 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:42 pm

Vinyl4Blood wrote:
r2d2 wrote:

Congrats on the replacement boxes. I'm surprised they sent them, given these were very LE items. You must have been very convincing on the phone.

Thank you. But only sent one e-mail

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:49 pm

So many tears being shed over something that's meant to make ya smile lol

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:34 pm

jagpop wrote:I find it funny how they have told me the same thing, they are meant to be taken out of the box. But yet, they sell hard plastic protectors.

It's not a box protector, it's a display case for your loose Pops. It just happens to be the perfect size for a box to fit in lol
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:08 pm

treswright wrote:
jagpop wrote:I find it funny how they have told me the same thing, they are meant to be taken out of the box. But yet, they sell hard plastic protectors.

It's not a box protector, it's a display case for your loose Pops. It just happens to be the perfect size for a box to fit in lol

HAHA. Well played.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

alex_dewitt

Postby alex_dewitt » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:24 pm

treswright wrote:

:roflmao:

Lost

Postby Lost » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:07 pm

we'll they full on denied me, which is crazy I think. this is a great hobby, but more things go wrong then right, and customer service is 0/10 from everyone other than HT/GS/EE, oh well, at least they are making it easy for me to cut back massively. went from 10-20 pops a month to around 2, and that is a good thing.

r2d2

Postby r2d2 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:25 pm

Lost wrote:we'll they full on denied me, which is crazy I think. this is a great hobby, but more things go wrong then right, and customer service is 0/10 from everyone other than HT/GS/EE, oh well, at least they are making it easy for me to cut back massively. went from 10-20 pops a month to around 2, and that is a good thing.

What did they say? No refunds either?

Lost

Postby Lost » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:04 am

r2d2 wrote:
Lost wrote:we'll they full on denied me, which is crazy I think. this is a great hobby, but more things go wrong then right, and customer service is 0/10 from everyone other than HT/GS/EE, oh well, at least they are making it easy for me to cut back massively. went from 10-20 pops a month to around 2, and that is a good thing.

just said crap how they don't guarantee product packing, and they aren't able to replace boxes. then more crap about how they recommend we take them out of the box. didn't say anything about refunds. I just won't be buying pops from there anymore. buying something that has terrible quality control and is likely to arrived damaged with an all sales final policy, isn't for me. ](*,)

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:23 pm

Hey at least you were lucky enough to get one. I hope they come out with a color variation or something. I don't care if it's limited or not just want one. It looked like they were starting to come down in price. A few ended under $100.00 But now it looks like they are going back up. Patience must have patience. :freddy3:

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:41 pm

Lost wrote:
r2d2 wrote:

just said crap how they don't guarantee product packing, and they aren't able to replace boxes. then more crap about how they recommend we take them out of the box. didn't say anything about refunds. I just won't be buying pops from there anymore. buying something that has terrible quality control and is likely to arrived damaged with an all sales final policy, isn't for me. ](*,)

Hi. My name is Wes. I understand your concern over the product you received not having perfect, collector quality packaging. I would "like to make it right" for you and gladly offer you a refund for the amount you paid. Simply send me your pop, and I'll send you your purchase price plus shipping fees through paypal. Its just like getting a refund from funko for the damaged item, except it comes from me. Please pm me if you would like to pursue this option. Thank you. :hello2:
"OMG.. I need that"

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:15 pm

Vinyl4Blood wrote:
Lost wrote:
r2d2 wrote:

Hi. My name is Wes. I understand your concern over the product you received not having perfect, collector quality packaging. I would "like to make it right" for you and gladly offer you a refund for the amount you paid. Simply send me your pop, and I'll send you your purchase price plus shipping fees through paypal. Its just like getting a refund from funko for the damaged item, except it comes from me. Please pm me if you would like to pursue this option. Thank you. :hello2:

I would be happy just to have it in my collection also.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

derrick26wayne

Postby derrick26wayne » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:24 pm

I am very very upset about missing this Freddy. :(
-D

ImageImageImage

Lost

Postby Lost » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:04 am

willy wonka wrote:
Vinyl4Blood wrote:
Lost wrote:

think you all are missing the point, or something of the sorts. if you all like damaged pops as much as you seem to be implying, cheers to you seriously..... hopefully the next valuable LE pop you get comes damaged and you can't exchange it? since its no big deal and you got one and that is all that matters. right?

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:25 am

Lost wrote:
willy wonka wrote:
Vinyl4Blood wrote:

think you all are missing the point, or something of the sorts. if you all like damaged pops as much as you seem to be implying, cheers to you seriously..... hopefully the next valuable LE pop you get comes damaged and you can't exchange it? since its no big deal and you got one and that is all that matters. right?

Well yes for me I would have been super happy just to get this Freddy, $15.00 pop. Box condition isn't that important to me as I am 80% OOB collector. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

Lost

Postby Lost » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:00 am

Shalee04 wrote:
Lost wrote:
willy wonka wrote:

Well yes for me I would have been super happy just to get this Freddy, $15.00 pop. Box condition isn't that important to me as I am 80% OOB collector. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

that is awesome, I hope your next LE pop comes damaged as hell. would rock! \:D/

Popsaysyee

Postby Popsaysyee » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:41 am

Lost wrote:
willy wonka wrote:

Just to clarify, your complaint is about the box right? If the box is damaged and the POP itself is in perfect condition, then by all means, the packaging served its purpose in protecting the POP! And what everyone else was saying was to be GLAD you got a Robot Freddy because a lot of us was not lucky enough to get one. And if we were to get a chance at one even with a messed up box, it's okay as long as the POP was in good condition. If I got a Robot Freddy, it would have came out of box anyways whether the box was mint or damaged to the max. :freddy3:
Jayson

ImageImageImage

Lost

Postby Lost » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:17 am

Popsaysyee wrote:
Lost wrote:
willy wonka wrote:

Just to clarify, your complaint is about the box right? If the box is damaged and the POP itself is in perfect condition, then by all means, the packaging served its purpose in protecting the POP! And what everyone else was saying was to be GLAD you got a Robot Freddy because a lot of us was not lucky enough to get one. And if we were to get a chance at one even with a messed up box, it's okay as long as the POP was in good condition. If I got a Robot Freddy, it would have came out of box anyways whether the box was mint or damaged to the max. :freddy3:

the box is damaged and the pop is scratched on the face... you people are annoying as hell, pretending what is important to me and anyone who is an IBC means nothing. I don'/t care if you would be happy to have the pop regardless of condition. you don't care what matters to me, which is to get a proper pop. so why bother telling me "oh I'm so special I collect OOB and box means nothing, OHH you so lucky you got the pop, doesn't matter if its damaged, at least you have it." I mean seriously get over yourselves.

I bought a pop that came damaged, I want one that isn't' damaged, that is okay for me to want and it is okay for me to expect to get that. if you disagree I don't care.

I don't care if you collect OOB, I don't care if box condition doesn't matter to you. I don't care if you would be happy to have the pop regardless of what condition it is in.

you all make it very obvious you don't care what I want, and what I want doesn't matter at all. everything isn't about you. my comment was about me, not about you. so why turn it into something about you. other people exist and some of them are different than you and want different things than you, why can't you let it be. please stop responding to me about what you want and how what I want does' t matter already. ](*,)

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:43 am

Lost wrote:
Popsaysyee wrote:
Lost wrote:

the box is damaged and the pop is scratched on the face... you people are annoying as hell, pretending what is important to me and anyone who is an IBC means nothing. I don'/t care if you would be happy to have the pop regardless of condition. you don't care what matters to me, which is to get a proper pop. so why bother telling me "oh I'm so special I collect OOB and box means nothing, OHH you so lucky you got the pop, doesn't matter if its damaged, at least you have it." I mean seriously get over yourselves.

I bought a pop that came damaged, I want one that isn't' damaged, that is okay for me to want and it is okay for me to expect to get that. if you disagree I don't care.

I don't care if you collect OOB, I don't care if box condition doesn't matter to you. I don't care if you would be happy to have the pop regardless of what condition it is in.

you all make it very obvious you don't care what I want, and what I want doesn't matter at all. everything isn't about you. my comment was about me, not about you. so why turn it into something about you. other people exist and some of them are different than you and want different things than you, why can't you let it be. please stop responding to me about what you want and how what I want does' t matter already. ](*,)

Scratch on the face of your pop! Well why didn't you say that to begin with. Damaged pop is different then just box damage. I too would want a replacement. I wasn't trying to not care,in my earlier comment, I was just saying I would love this pop damaged box or not but damaged pop is a game changer and I also understand that many people collect in box and therefor want perfect boxes and there is nothing wrong with that. :wav:
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:06 am

Yes a damaged pop is different than a damaged box. I would be upset about a damaged pop as well. I just wanted this one for my collection since I missed out on this one.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:22 pm

Lost wrote:everything isn't about you.

My exact sentiments when reading all your comments. :D
My Name is Ernie

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:08 am

Kaljor wrote:
Lost wrote:everything isn't about you.

My exact sentiments when reading all your comments. :D

For real... Bit of hypocrisy in this thread #-o :D
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

DigsUT

Postby DigsUT » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:56 pm

Damaged box or POP or not, pretty sure that quite a few people would be happy with either at retail at this point.....just sayin.....
Collecting:

Star Wars.....thats all....nothing more...well....maybe some others.... :freddy2:

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:09 pm

Lost wrote:I bought a pop that came damaged, I want one that isn't' damaged, that is okay for me to want and it is okay for me to expect to get that. if you disagree I don't care.

Very sorry you weren't satisfied with what you got. Unfortunately you are NOT entitled to a replacement Pop and you should not expect that. You ARE entitled to your money back. It's a numbered limited edition, there are no replacements in the case of damaged shipments. I've been down this road myself, not with the Funko Shop but with other online vendors, 3 or 4 times. In each case I got my money back and ended up having to pay flipper eBay prices to add an undamaged piece to my collection. Is that fair? Well it's aggravating, but you can either stew about it and let it ruin your day/ week/ month or you can accept it as the occasional price we have to pay in being collectors of exclusives and look at the overall picture instead. And the overall picture is that I have bought many exclusive Pops at retail that are now worth much more than retail, so even averaging in a damaged one now and then I'm still ahead of the game. So I shrug my shoulders, I don't let it sour my view on collecting Funko goodies and I move on down the road.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Return to “Pop!”