Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Pops!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
commodorefunko

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Pops!

Postby commodorefunko » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:38 pm

They look great!

Jonas is the name, Pops are my game

Current POP Count: 299! I want to get something special for 300!+ 9 Mini/Pocket Pops
Current Dorbz/Pint Sized Heroes Count: 20ish
Current Mystery Mini/Idolz/Hikari/Mini Hikari Count: 20

ISO: Any color/white Masters of The Universe, X-Files, Twin Peaks, LOST, Stranger Things, Mr T, and Star Wars protos!!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Re: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Pops!

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:39 pm

Here's the link to the blog post...

http://funko.com/blogs/news/coming-soon ... -find-them

I know nothing about this line, but Niffler looks sweet!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

HPLove

Postby HPLove » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:44 pm

Looks like I'm going to have an army of Niflers.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:44 pm

Look at the detail on Seraphina's headdress! I can't wait to see these in person. Don't know if I'll get all of them but definitely want to pick a few of them up.

jinxykat

Postby jinxykat » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:05 pm

those Nifflers are adorable! I think I will be getting one or two
Kristen

TheWordWizard

Postby TheWordWizard » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:05 pm

I'm a bit bummed that the Niffler is a full-size Pop, especially after the creatures three-pack had them smaller, but he looks so great that I can live with it. lol When are these coming out? The bottom of the post says September but there's less than two weeks left, and I thought they'd come out closer to the film release date in November.

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:07 pm

I love that Niffler guy, he's super cute.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

HPLove

Postby HPLove » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm

TheWordWizard wrote:I'm a bit bummed that the Niffler is a full-size Pop, especially after the creatures three-pack had them smaller, but he looks so great that I can live with it. lol When are these coming out? The bottom of the post says September but there's less than two weeks left, and I thought they'd come out closer to the film release date in November.

Well the GameStop preorder form did say 9/18 so probably any day now! (I know gs is usually bs but maybe not for once)

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:20 pm

Aside from Newt and the Niffler, were the other characters created for the screenplay? I haven't read Fantastic Beasts, but my understanding was it's a guide with notes from Newt as opposed to a proper narrative.
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

Tazz013

Postby Tazz013 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:33 pm

paxderomano wrote:Aside from Newt and the Niffler, were the other characters created for the screenplay? I haven't read Fantastic Beasts, but my understanding was it's a guide with notes from Newt as opposed to a proper narrative.

Correct.

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:37 pm

HPLove wrote:Looks like I'm going to have an army of Niflers.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I be Chris

The Head

Postby The Head » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:44 pm

Yeah, I'll pick up some of these. Niffler for sure!

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:58 pm

Seraphina is stunning! I hope they can pull off that headdress detailing, especially the bird. The other Pops, meh. Maybe I'll be more into them after seeing the movie.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Hopefully with how plentiful the recent Harry Potter Pop was, that the Niffler Target exclusive will also be readily available.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

TheWordWizard

Postby TheWordWizard » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:07 pm

HPLove wrote:
TheWordWizard wrote:I'm a bit bummed that the Niffler is a full-size Pop, especially after the creatures three-pack had them smaller, but he looks so great that I can live with it. lol When are these coming out? The bottom of the post says September but there's less than two weeks left, and I thought they'd come out closer to the film release date in November.

Well the GameStop preorder form did say 9/18 so probably any day now! (I know gs is usually bs but maybe not for once)

Sweet! I'll have to keep my eyes out then!

HappinessGuano

Postby HappinessGuano » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:08 pm

I'ma be all over those Nifflers, man. YES!
Too soon?

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:08 pm

treswright wrote:Seraphina is stunning! I hope they can pull off that headdress detailing, especially the bird. The other Pops, meh. Maybe I'll be more into them after seeing the movie.

Looks like I needn't have worried, Nena just posted this and all I can say is WOOOOOOOOW!!!!

Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

HappinessGuano

Postby HappinessGuano » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:13 pm

Tazz013 wrote:
paxderomano wrote:Aside from Newt and the Niffler, were the other characters created for the screenplay? I haven't read Fantastic Beasts, but my understanding was it's a guide with notes from Newt as opposed to a proper narrative.

Correct.

The book that use to be out (which has now been pulled off the shelves) was designed as a small textbook like what Ron and Harry studied from in the actual book series, and was a companion to Quidditch Through the Ages. The movie that's coming out has new characters, but unlike Cursed Child, this movie's screenplay was actually written by Rowling. The screenplay is also going to be printed and released in November.
Too soon?

JoshChaos

Postby JoshChaos » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:16 pm

These look amazing. The wife is the Harry Potter collector around here, but she doesn't seem all that interested in these. These look too awesome, though, so I may just add them to my part of the collection. :)

Tazz013

Postby Tazz013 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:28 pm

HappinessGuano wrote:The book that use to be out (which has now been pulled off the shelves)

Off-topic: Why was this pulled from shelves?

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:32 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:Hopefully with how plentiful the recent Harry Potter Pop was, that the Niffler Target exclusive will also be readily available.

I wouldn't say it's plentiful, according to brickseek, only %15 of stores have it as of today.

I'm not looking forward to trying to track down Target exclusives, they may have gotten better about actually knowing what they are but I only have two Targets about 30 minutes away, but they're in opposite directions, so I can't just randomly decide to stop by or something lol Unless they're online, I don't see how I can get them unless I just happen to be there and there was a lot that wasn't cleaned out before I got there.

Sonmi451

Postby Sonmi451 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:32 pm

Tina looks absolutely perfect. Her hat is adorable and her outfit is spot-on. I'll be getting Queenie too, to party with my SDCC Newt.
Truth is singular. Its versions are mistruths.

Infinity

Postby Infinity » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:34 pm

I don't remember very well but I know that some of them have been mentionned in the books , that's how we know who Porpentina is ^^
Sorry for my mistakes , I'm French :-)
I hope you will understand me ! ^^

Infinity

Postby Infinity » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:36 pm

Amazing ! I was expecting hat Porpentina's box would have her surname but "Tina" is good too ^^
Sorry for my mistakes , I'm French :-)
I hope you will understand me ! ^^

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:42 pm

These all look amazing! I would really rather see the movie first before I make a decision on whether I want to get the entire line or just a few characters, but then I'd miss out on all the exclusives. Maybe I'll just try to pick up the store exclusives and wait on the commons until after I've seen the film.
Hi, I'm Merri!

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:14 pm

kevin87 wrote:
Sarcasticguy wrote:Hopefully with how plentiful the recent Harry Potter Pop was, that the Niffler Target exclusive will also be readily available.

I wouldn't say it's plentiful, according to brickseek, only %15 of stores have it as of today.

I'm not looking forward to trying to track down Target exclusives, they may have gotten better about actually knowing what they are but I only have two Targets about 30 minutes away, but they're in opposite directions, so I can't just randomly decide to stop by or something lol Unless they're online, I don't see how I can get them unless I just happen to be there and there was a lot that wasn't cleaned out before I got there.

Most stores here in AZ seems to have gotten at least 10-15 in, which is way more than other exclusives in the past. So maybe your region just hasn't rolled them out yet??
Hi, I'm Scott.
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos

pottertub86

Postby pottertub86 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:46 pm

I love them all!!!
I have now preordered all of them (apart from exclusives).

I'm in U.K. So preordered from Forbidden Planet which has arrival day of 31st October.

I cannot wait for flocked Niffler either! :-)

pottertub86

Postby pottertub86 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:49 pm

treswright wrote:Seraphina is stunning! I hope they can pull off that headdress detailing, especially the bird. The other Pops, meh. Maybe I'll be more into them after seeing the movie.

The detail on the headdress looks great! :-)

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:44 pm

OMG!!!!! I have been so anxious to see these and I totally geeked out at work today when Funko posted these on Facebook!! The Nifflers are a total must have!! I have gotten more and more excited for the film with each new trailer and have pre-ordered all the books that are coming out (I have all of the Harry Potter movie books - I love discovering how they pull of special effects and the sets/costumes detailing, total nut for it!). While most of these characters are new they are a must have for me! Jacob with his protective gear on is adorable and both Tina & Queenie are great! Seraphina's headdress is amazing - love the bird detail! And Percival looks spot on too!

Now the hunt begins for these! I am excited they listed it for September but I would guess it will be early October for us on the East Coast before we see them.

Someone mentioned the book being pulled, it isn't that they pulled it, it isthat they stopped publishing it as there is going to be a new and updated version released next year with new content so they are exhausting the current supply that is out there now. There are a few copies out there still, my BAM still has them.

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:50 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:
kevin87 wrote:

Most stores here in AZ seems to have gotten at least 10-15 in, which is way more than other exclusives in the past. So maybe your region just hasn't rolled them out yet??

My Target barely ever got any exclusives in, never saw Peanuts Olaf or Ramone from Cars, or that Batman one that was there a long time ago. I've only seen a couple Nathan Drake and the Joker one they had recently, and whoever the wrestler was... so if they get them in, I hope they get a lot.

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:19 pm

kevin87 wrote:
Spoiler: show
Sarcasticguy wrote:
kevin87 wrote:I wouldn't say it's plentiful, according to brickseek, only %15 of stores have it as of today.

My Target barely ever got any exclusives in, never saw Peanuts Olaf or Ramone from Cars, or that Batman one that was there a long time ago. I've only seen a couple Nathan Drake and the Joker one they had recently, and whoever the wrestler was... so if they get them in, I hope they get a lot.

If you need help, let me know. I live a few minutes from a Target.
Hi, I'm Scott.
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos

Knighthammer

Postby Knighthammer » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:40 pm

They look fantastic, shame its so expensive to get the Target/HT exclusives over to the UK

ruxy_100

Postby ruxy_100 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:12 pm

I'm a bit on the fence about these.

Harry Potter is one of only two lines that I've been a completist with (the other being Doctor Who). And I class these as technically being Harry Potter pops, even though they have their own separate numbering.

Up until now I've enjoyed being a completist - but for the first time I'm questioning - do I really need 3 Nifflers that will all look fairly similar on my shelf. The Newt is also quite similar to the SDCC version.

I guess I'm also a bit less excited about this line because I don't know much about the movie yet. The Harry Potter pops are exciting, because they play to my nostalgic childhood feelings of reading the books and watching the movies. But it's hard to get excited about these ones until I actually watch the movie.

So now to decide - should I remain a completist, or start picking and choosing. Hmmm.

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:22 pm

ruxy_100 wrote:I'm a bit on the fence about these.

Harry Potter is one of only two lines that I've been a completist with (the other being Doctor Who). And I class these as technically being Harry Potter pops, even though they have their own separate numbering.

Up until now I've enjoyed being a completist - but for the first time I'm questioning - do I really need 3 Nifflers that will all look fairly similar on my shelf. The Newt is also quite similar to the SDCC version.

I guess I'm also a bit less excited about this line because I don't know much about the movie yet. The Harry Potter pops are exciting, because they play to my nostalgic childhood feelings of reading the books and watching the movies. But it's hard to get excited about these ones until I actually watch the movie.

So now to decide - should I remain a completist, or start picking and choosing. Hmmm.

If you're on the fence, might as well wait until you see the movie and figure out whether you even like these characters or not.
Hi, I'm Jerry!

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:45 pm

Did I write that post? lol

I'm also a Doctor Who and Harry Potter fan. They are the only two lines I've tried to complete. I'm torn, too. I'm super excited about the movie and it looks like it will be great, but I don't want to get too worked up about the Pops until I see the movie. That being said, they are in the HP universe, so I feel like I should get all of them. I do really love how Tina and Seraphina look. I hope as we get closer to the movie's release I'll be even more excited about these.

I do kind of wish the Niffler was smaller and done in a three pack like the SDCC set, but oh well.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:48 pm

Niffler is really cute. The wife is going to want that lol.

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:54 pm

Depends on what you'd need to it complete, to me I don't need the flocked Niffler to be complete so I won't be getting it, plus they're the same number... even if they were different numbers, a variant like that isn't necessary for me to call it complete (like Doctor Who GITD Adipose being a different number, but it never glowing on the show so I didn't want it). Newt and Niffler are only slightly different, but they're big changes IMO.

If you aren't sure yet, just get the Target exclusive and worry about the rest once you've seen it. Or get flocked HT exclusive and not the normal. (But then the Target most likely will never get a flocked version, so one would be normal and one flocked)

HPLove

Postby HPLove » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:03 pm

I'm an HP completionist and consider this to be a separate line. I will probably get all of the creature pops and skip the common humans. Not sure what I will do if there are any additional exclusive humans, since I already have the SDCC Newt.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:11 pm

Tazz013 wrote:
HappinessGuano wrote:The book that use to be out (which has now been pulled off the shelves)

Off-topic: Why was this pulled from shelves?

Most likely to make way for the screenplay version, which should be coming out soon.

POPiFields

Postby POPiFields » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:19 pm

Must. Have. Niffler.

Also, Queenie and Tina look really cool. I'm assuming this movie is set in the early 20th century. I'm down for that.

Return to “Pop!”